[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So just got a new job and am driving ~2.5 hours a day to another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 323.jpg (39 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
323.jpg
39 KB, 300x270
So just got a new job and am driving ~2.5 hours a day to another city and figure it's a good time to finally delve into some new music. I've pretty much been listening to the same old stuff for like 8 years.

Please give recs. Please no rap, electronica, pop, or anything obnoxious though... just not my cup of tea.

Here are a few of my favorites for reference:

Bedhead, Bill Evans Trio, Bohren & Der Club of Gore, Cerberus Shoal, Grails, GY!BE, Holy Sons, Labradford, Leonard Cohen, Mogwai, Floyd, Rachel's, Stars Of The Lid, The Smiths, Tool

Recs much appreciated. Have got some really decent ones here in the past.
>>
>please let them type my band please let it be me mememeememememewdojfgaei;urgaergaerg please
>>
>
>>
>>61128634
sigur ros
>>
File: Controlling Crowds BCover.jpg (264 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
Controlling Crowds BCover.jpg
264 KB, 1400x1400
>>61128634
Controlling Crowds Parts I-IV
sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzTLNXfTquA

The album does contain a little bit of rap, but it's far from what you're probably thinking of and I don't mean in content. The rap also stays on it's own tracks, of which it only has 3 in a 13 track album
Sample of what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNa8sBQDt44
>>
>>61128634
>tool
>>
>>61128679
Nah, never really enjoyed them. Although I saw them in NYC in '07 I think it was and that was really cool.
>>
>>61128705
I can dig it... Kind of like Radiohead meets Bonnie Prince Billie.

Adding it to the list. Thanks!
>>
Codeine
Duster
Red House Painters
>>
>>61129056
Just started listening to Frigid Stars. I like it for the most part so far but the vocals on the opening track got a little annoying at times. I'll definitely be giving them a proper listen though. Reminds me of Bedhead.
Will check out Duster next. Thanks.
>>
>>61129056
Listening to Stratosphere. Good stuff. Reminds me of Bark Psychosis a little.
I listened to Red House Painters a long time ago and didn't love them or hate them... will have to check them out again.
Nice recs.
>>
>>61128634
Wow OP it sounds like you hate fun. But anyway, cop Slint's Spiderland and Mew's And the Glass Handed Kites.
>>
>>61128634
Try Fantastic Planet by Failure
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD011FC12921C5A41

Space-Rock with instrumental pieces. Ambiance and full-frontal presence. Also, it's over an hour long.
>>
>>61129499
Just cause I don't like those genres doesn't mean I hate fun. Also, I don't think you should be recommending Spiderland to anyone who frequents this board. I'm not even gonna bother with your other rec since you sound like an idiot.
>>
>>61129610
See? You just got angry out of nowhere and just missed out on an amazing album. No fun at all.
>>
File: The End Of The Ring Wars.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
The End Of The Ring Wars.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>
>>61129665
Tried listening to the first track youtube pulled up. Got 10 seconds of music which cut into a bunch of pretentious faggot bandmates talking about how epic their shit ripoff style is. You sound like every other self identified "patrician" who just started lurking here. Fuck off.

>>61129571
meh... way too cliche for me

>>61129712
I listened to these guys years ago. Will have to give them another go.
>>
>>61129807
And is it my fault that you can't properly look up music? Haha, jeez man you should chill a bit.
Also there's no pride on lurking this board for a while, so get off your high horse.
>>
OP here... gonna throw out a few recs myself to anyone interested:

Bedhead - What Fun Life Was
D_rradio - S/T
Eluvium - Static Nocturne
Fridge - Semaphore
Kammerflimmer Kollektief - Absencen
Little Kid - Logic Songs
Tarentel - From Bone to Satellite
The Drift - Noumena
Slow Six - Tomorrow Becomes You
The Goner - Behold A New Traveler
>>
>>61128734
bad taste
>>
>>61129970
You Sigh
>>
op have you listened to Ravedeath 1972 by Tim Hecker? you might like it
>>
File: fronds.jpg (63 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
fronds.jpg
63 KB, 400x393
OP listen to my pic related, The Double - Palm Fronds

Literally no one has heard of this band but they deserve a lot more recognition
>>
>>61130160
I have and I love it :)
>>
>>61128634
>Please no rap, electronica, pop, or anything obnoxious though... just not my cup of tea.
>all this prog rock

You are such a faggot OP, everyone knows bangers make the commute shorter. Anyways, check this out.
>[rap] Trap Lord - Word REMIX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MiXzkKBmwI
>[hardcore] Frameworks - Loom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3eG6ilfDi8
>[hardcore] Boatrocker - The Stupidest Thing I've Ever Heard
>[Blugrass/pop] Dreamend - Magnesium Light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kcTobiJB74
>>
>>61130297
no thanks
>>
>>61130227
meh, it's alright. I couldn't really get into it. Is there any specific song I should check out?
>>
>>61129056
Finishing up Stratosphere. Fucking good stuff man thanks. These are the types of recs that keep me coming back here over the years.
>>
hey opie your taste SUCKS
>>
>>61131507
oh look, the obnoxious retarded gen z is here
>>
jesu is pretty good
>>
File: 175554888.jpg (21 KB, 362x263) Image search: [Google]
175554888.jpg
21 KB, 362x263
>>61132455
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.