[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name some good movies about music to watch. I'll start.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Nowhere-Boy_704_blog.jpg (42 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
Nowhere-Boy_704_blog.jpg
42 KB, 704x396
Name some good movies about music to watch. I'll start.

>Nowhere Boy
>CBGB
>The Doors
>Hear My Train A Comin'
>>
I wasn't huge on Nowhere Boy. It seemed kinda cartoony or something. Crappy description, I know.

Here's a few docs I've enjoyed lately, most are easy to find:
>Breadcrumb Trail
>The Devil and Daniel Johnston
>Muscle Shoals
>>
>>61122495
>CBGB
>good

it was such shit that everybody immediately forgot about it
>>
Nick Drake's documentary is probably one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. It's called "A Skin Too Few".
>>
The Doors is the only decent movie you posted and its not even that good
>>
>>61122799
this aint no cbgb

i aint got time for that now
>>
>>61122495
Walk The Line
>>
>>61123145
this, Joixion Pheonoex is great in it
>>
>>61123169
Juqiaqn Phnoeonex
>>
>>61122495
>>
File: dig06.jpg (17 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
dig06.jpg
17 KB, 336x336
>>
Love and Mercy (got me into the Beach Boys)
A Hard Day's Night
The Rutles
>>
This is Spinal Tap
>>
Play Misty for Me?
>>
Control was pretty good
>>
I'm Not There (2007)

>>61125417
+1
>>
File: Deathconsciousness.png (778 KB, 1000x995) Image search: [Google]
Deathconsciousness.png
778 KB, 1000x995
Love and Mercy
24 Hour Party People
Control

But also
>Not watching documentaries
>>
Beware of mr.baker.
>>
History of the Eagles from 2013 is really good, and I hate the fucking Eagles, man.
>>
Amadeus may not be a great movie *about music*. But it is a great movie and it's about music.
>>
>>61125417
>movie shows events that happen while nobody is around to document it (aka makes shit up for drama)

i felt like 24 hour party people was the better joy division retrospective for that reason. also control made it really hard to justify ian curtis. it frames his marriage and child in a way where it's him attempting to find happiness and it failing. then he cheats on his wife is expects her to stay with him. it makes it look like he only killed himself because his wife wasn't cool with him having an affair
>>
i watched this documentary on a 5 album span of David Bowie. i believe it was the berlin trilogy and the two albums after it. i thought it was interesting how quickly he shifted from underground weirdo icon to international superstar. he literally just played Let's Dance to Nigel Godrich and asked him to make him a star. and he did
>>
>>61126168
>he literally just played Let's Dance to Nigel Godrich
lol
>>
We Are the Best!
Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains
Wild Zero
>>
>>61122495
Do you mean bio or fiction
>>
>>61122495
>Searching for Sugar Man
Best documentary I've ever seen.
>>
Lisztamania
>>
Inside Llewyn Davis
>>
>>61126211
nile rodgers*, but fuck it could you imagine?
>>
File: Wattstax[1].jpg (158 KB, 821x1140) Image search: [Google]
Wattstax[1].jpg
158 KB, 821x1140
Wattstax (1973) was pretty entertaining.

Also, The Minutemen documentary from a few years ago (We Jam Econo) was decent.
>>
>>61126331
also almost entirely false
>>
Anvil!: The Story of Anvil
>>
Hard Core Logo
Round Midnight
Rock Star
>>
School of Rock.
>>
>>61126442
explain
>>
Does Montage of Heck count?
>>
>>61122495
Walk Hard
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.