[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TMT Top 10 Albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
meanwhile on bizzaro p4k...
>>
Can someone explain DS2/Future in general to me

Like it's ok I don't see the big buzz
The productions cool but his flow isn't that appealing to me
>>
ds2 is a great album if you are not white...not a hipster...and understand what he is trying to say. it's not for you suburban faggots sorry
>>
>>61081551
is tinymixtapes supposed to be a good site, because this list is straight garbage
>>
>SOPHIE
it's the most tip top, topkek
>>
>>61081551
BARTER 6 #2 AOTY OMG THEY ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN
>>
>>61081610
>what is Future's entire demographic
>>
>>61081610
Most of the people talking up DS2 are white hipsters, and the production is why it's so popular.
>>
>>61081610
Do I have to drink lean to get it
>>
>>61081585
It's highly original within the boundaries established by modern Atlanta rap. His lyrics are excellent, and his ability to synthesize rhythm and feeling is remarkable.
Listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzWUa26XNsI
>>
I'm not even a TMT drone but this look is almost identical to my top 10 minus Kendrick LeWeWuzKangzMan
>>
>>61081638
Both slime seasons are better...
>>
>>61081652
Blast in a car one day in a depressed mood and you'll begin to understand it. Then play it the trap with the squad and you'll understand it a little more. Then play it while fucking some strippers to spite your ex on the verge of ODing on lean and you'll start getting close to fully understanding it.

Its a dark, brooding, sincere, troubling but booming album.
>>
>James Ferraro over TPAB
>Sophie anywhere near a best album list

what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>61081807
Its also a trap masterpiece, it will be remembered as one of the very best releases in trap along with Barter 6.
>>
>>61081841
TMTs le edgiest meme releases of the year list
>>
Garden of Delete confirmed for dank-memes-core
>>
>>61081841
James Ferraro will always be a TMT darling every year, likewise with Arca, PC music, D/P/I, Elysia Crampton, etc.
>>
>>61081551
>fucking james ferraro
>>
remember when they didnt rate shaking the habitual because it was unratable or some bollocks
>>
I really love that Crampton record. Skid Row is pretty bad though.
>>
>>61081551
>meme electronic music and music to get cucked to
damn this list is pure trash
>>
>>61082089
>>61081841
>implying this isn't the song of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5EzNWy6H8Q
>>
>>61082219
DS2 and B6 ain't cuck core tbqh, in fact they make for great evidence on how degenerate and niggas are from their authentic urban music unlike Kendrick Lamar's We Wuz Kangz cuck-core shit.
>>
>>61081551
>Arca's mediocre spotty-as-fuck album anywhere near the top (not to mention over 0pn)
>Kendrick being anywhere near the top five
>Sufjan over Björk
I've always been told TMT was supposed to be a good site, guess it's good I've never checked them out
>>
>>61081657

>His lyrics are excellent

I JUTS FUCKED YOUR BITCH IN SOME GUCCI FLIP FLOPS

I JUST TOOK A PISS AND I SEEN CODEINE COMIN OUT
>>
>>61082318
To get into RYM you need to be able to handle their banter. They aim to have the most contrarian, meta and edgiest opinions and reviews. If you want to see a "good" list or a list that matches your own opinions just so you can have some self-validation, fuck off.
>>
didnt they give dean blunts karaoke over stolen beats
#1 last year?
>>
>>61082482
I'm not expecting them to conform to my taste, I'm expecting them to not have memecontrarian taste :^)
>>
>>61082532
so you want them to be something boring like Pitchfork
>>
Why does American Drift sound like a 9/11 documentary soundtrack so much to me?
>>
>>61082642
I was just shitposting in the last post, but Pitchfork's list (and Pitchfork in general) is even worse desu
>>
No Titus Andronicus. :(
>>
>>61082802

that makes no sense, they literally gave it a perfect score
>>
>>61082838
one writer gave it a perfect score, and that was like, their opinion man
>>
Mutant is a weird choice for #1, but I like the lack of In Colour.

To be honest, I think this list is better than Pitchfork's.
>>
>>61082921
I accidentally read it in reverse order. It was better that way

You're right though, much better than p4ks list
>>
hit me up when their film list drops
>>
Young Thug isn't actually good.
>>
worst tmt list in years. o feraro and arca have released good work in the past but their samey shit from this year? cmon. elysia crampton was the only slightly unique release on there. and a fucking compilations of 2013core songs that kind of lost all its appeal with time? being no 1? cmon
>>
>>61082838
you realize they give half the albums they review a perfect score right? they have a crazy exagerated scoring system...
>>
>helen
everything else i can forgive but that was literally one of the worst pieces of music ive ever heard. would be dismissed as pure generic formula garbage if made by any other people. trying to sound like the already mediocre sarah records but coming out as something completely shit.
>>
the Elysia Crampton album is so wacky
>>
>>61086267
What do you all think sounds more like a botched transgender operation? American Drift or Mutant?
>>
>>61084744
It's still a wonder why so many people here give p4k shit for their rating system.
>>
>>61084971
What?
>>
based Arca BTFO Kendrick Lameme

some other TMT inclusions that have been neglected elsewhere:

Dr. Yen Lo - Days With Dr. Yen Lo
U.S. Girls - Half Free
LIL UGLY MANE - THIRD SIDE OF TAPE
>>
>>61086414
American Drift, definitely. I used to consider Arca's music challenging and genre-bending but this last album didn't left me as dumbstruck as &&&&& or Stretch 2 did.
>>
>>61081585
>>61081585
datpiff.com senpai the authority in mixtapes.
>>
>>61081657
Literally sounds no different than anything I've heard this whole decade, still shit with the same fucking drum machine it makes me so angry people praise this shit
>>
>>61081551
>actually discussing 2015 music in a serious manner like it's worth discussion

fucking poptimists
>>
File: mantra.jpg (122 KB, 1019x720) Image search: [Google]
mantra.jpg
122 KB, 1019x720
>>61087129
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>61087174
(You)
>>
>>61081657
you're joking, right?
>>
it would be racist if pitchfork didnt include a bunch of mediocre nigger music in their top 10 list
>>
>>61087419
>>/pol/
>>
>>61087514
Oh yay, almost thought my night was complete...
>>
>>61082423

IMA PUT MUH THUMB IN 'ER BUTT!
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.