[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream Theater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (166 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
166 KB, 1440x1080
So I decided to start listening to Dream Theater and my friends won't stop rambling about which album should I listen first, or how should I listen to them... What do you think? How did you enjoy the most?
>>
Images and Words is the only DT album worth listening to.
>>
>>61059101
I guess I sort of agree on this
Awake is not bad either but the best starting point is definitely Images and Words
>>
>>61059101
its the best, songs like metropolis or learning to live are unbelievable, but not sure if the only one worth listening to. i would suggest scenes from a memory to start
>>
>>61059101
Awake is decent too
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 600x600
>>61059101
That's not even their best album
>>
>>61059451
OVERRATED

>>61059101
I&W is legit fantastic, even if you're not a fan of the genre, or even dislike the genre. Highly rec'd.
>>
OP here. So far I've only listened to one of the CDs of their Greatest Hits (A friend of mine gave it to me for my bday some months ago and decided it was time) and, by now, my favourite tracks seems to be Pull me Under and Take the Time. I kinda like the rest, but those stand from the rest. (Guessing I'll like it more as I keep listening to them, happens to me everytime)
>>
>>61059577
Both are those from Images and Words. Listen to Image and Words. Everything flows together much better on that than if you listen to a greatest hits. LISTEN TO IMAGES AND WORDS. If you find Another Day (the second track) too tacky/cheesy, just keep listening. The saxophone and piano in that song are beautiful, but the rest is a bit dated. Listen to Images and Words. It's great.
>>
>>61059451
Probably the worst of their early career aside from Falling Into Infinity, the cheesiness is unreal, and not in a good way like I&W or Awake
>>
>>61059617
Okay then, if you tell me both are from that album, I guess it'll go first! And I know, since most of my friends told me "OMFG DON'T YOU LISTEN TO A GREATEST HITS" since it seems that it's WAY better to listen to the whole album since most of their songs link or something... Anyway, will do!
>>
>>61058322
Images and Words, Awake and Scenes from a Memory are the only ones really worth listening to. Maybe Train of Thought, but that's stretching it a bit
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.