[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, please use this responsibly and productively only God bless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
Hello, please use this responsibly and productively only

God bless
>>
>>61026910
<3 avant-garde
>>
Where's the Mozart? Further proof that he's underrated.
>>
>>61026999
He's there at the bottom played by Perahia...
>>
That's really mean

I'm sure he likes those albums
>>
>>61027014
I'd let you play my perahia if you catch my drift
>>
>>61027037
I don't.
>>
>>61026910
>jazz, 20th century classical music, and a few token traditional music compilations.. Am i cultured yet??
>>
File: ds.jpg (129 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
129 KB, 720x960
>>61027078
why do you say "token"
>>
>>61027131
Because anyone who doesn't listen to the same things he is must surely do it under false pretenses! Surely no one could possibly be interested in traditional music? Better post another thread about how Pitchfork's choice for song of the year isn't in line with my opinions!!
>>
File: katie 2.jpg (387 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
katie 2.jpg
387 KB, 1600x1200
>>61027247
ya idk what's with this board's obsession with projecting ulterior motives, shit's worse than /v/.
>>
>>61027247
I'm convinced, you are clearly more patrician than those childish /mu/core drones! Very impressive, you sure showed them!
>>
File: DAYME.jpg (74 KB, 599x861) Image search: [Google]
DAYME.jpg
74 KB, 599x861
>>61027332
What's with the inferiority complex, friend? Why do you feel so intimidated? No one has made any claims here at all. It's just a chart full of albums, is there anything wrong with that? :^)
>>
>>61027347
Superiority complex has the same roots as inferiority complex, Hampy, you should get checked as well lol
>>
>>61027347
I don't know what i would be insecure about. The only person using music taste as a measure of self worth here is you
>>
>>61027369
No superiority complex here.

>>61027371
>The only person using music taste as a measure of self worth here is you
Really, where?
>>
>>61027386
>No superiority complex here
Lack of self awareness too? I'm not surprised
But yeah, if you want a hint about how you may be using this board to boost your confidence, try meditating on the fact that you made 2 threads only today to talk about your taste and how you listen to music
>>
>>61027386
>Really, where?
With your sarcastic assertion that anyone who listens to the wrong kinds of music is uncultured
>>61027247
>>
>>61027420
Do you know what a superiority complex is?

>>61027428
It's funny because that's not what I said at all!
>>
>>61027439
>Do you know what a superiority complex is?
Yes, reading about psychology is a hobby of mine
I love to poke on insecurities of 4chan posters
You people are so fragile lol
(yes I skipped the ethics chapters, ops)
>>
>>61027439
Deny it all you like, no one is fooled, or impressed
>>
>>61027480
I think you should possibly read those books a little more attentively. Perhaps while not listening to music or exposing yourself to other distractions?

>>61027490
But it literally is not what I said.
>>
>>61027507
>Perhaps while not listening to music or exposing yourself to other distractions?
I don't do that
Oh but look at you again, pulling the subject for something you feel comfortable in
You seem to take lots of pride on not doing anything else while listening to music, right? I think you should try to have actual accomplishes in life
You know, something actually significant you can be a snob about
Because, you know, anyone can listen to music actively, it's not hard
>>
>>61027247
>>61027268
These two get into an autism fight. Who wins?
>>
>>61027561
>Oh but look at you again, pulling the subject for something you feel comfortable in
It's highly relevant to the discussion, anon.
>You seem to take lots of pride on not doing anything else while listening to music, right? I think you should try to have actual accomplishes in life
I don't take much pride in anything, anon.
>You know, something actually significant you can be a snob about
Such as studying psychology? I only just started, but at least it's something :^)
>>
>>61026910
Webern is good
Schoenberg is good
Bartok is great
Ives is sometimes great
Reinhardt is great
Mingus is great
Gorecki is aight
Bach is the best
Cage can be interesting
Coltrane is great
Louis Armstrong is great

etc.

I think you'd have to be an idiot to put webern above bach, beethoven and mozart, but they're not bad albums.

But there are some literallywho? albums on there that even I don't recognize. At least as far as classical goes. I'd have expected some Messiaen if he was going full avant garde.
>>
>>61027591
>be hampus
>have no friends
>shitpost on /mu/ all day where people hate me even more than in real life

inb5 dumb sarcastic reply assuming that I listen to bad music/am insecure
>>
>>61027591
>It's highly relevant to the discussion, anon.
No it's not, honey, I'm here to talk about you, not music, haha
>I don't take much pride in anything, anon.
You seem to
I mean, you made 3 threads today only to show people the music you listen to
>Such as studying psychology?
Yes! You are starting to get the spirit
Now you just need to be a bit more... how do you say it... you need to look more at your insides, so I won't need to be around every time you make a thread
Anyway, you can rest your F5 now, I'll be leaving to do stuff
Great chatting with you, hoped you learned something useful
>>
>>61027665
projector.png
I have friends and I'm going to the uni in an hour or two to study with a couple of them :^)

>>61027675
I have only made one thread today that "shows people the music I listen to"
>Now you just need to be a bit more... how do you say it... you need to look more at your insides, so I won't need to be around every time you make a thread
It's called introspection and psychologists today generally don't like that practice.
>Anyway, you can rest your F5 now, I'll be leaving to do stuff
Why wouldn't I just use AppChan or something similar with auto updating of threads..? It's 2015, who F5s on 4chan today?
>Great chatting with you, hoped you learned something useful
Literally nothing
>>
>>61027623
The chart is in alphabetical order except for the last two albums, none are above others.
>>
up
>>
Hampus is a nerd
>>
>>61030174
yes
>>
File: mu2.png (2 MB, 1057x1838) Image search: [Google]
mu2.png
2 MB, 1057x1838
>>
File: meme.png (35 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
35 KB, 295x295
>>61032238
>Lill Lindfors
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.