[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Just leave next year's AOTY to me, fåm What did he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: David-Bowie-Photo.jpg (59 KB, 543x659) Image search: [Google]
David-Bowie-Photo.jpg
59 KB, 543x659
>Just leave next year's AOTY to me, fåm
What did he mean by this?
>>
this overblown glorified re-release won't even get album of the month

watch
>>
>>61026798
Let's see what we have so far...
>Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)
Easily a 9/10
>'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore
8/10, but it's still growing on me
>Blackstar
10/10. His best song in decades
>Lazarus
Only a small clip has been released, so I won't rate it, but it does sound incredible.

That's 4/7 of the album. Over half of it sounds absolutely amazing. If the other 3 songs come close to matching the quality of the first 4, than Blackstar is an easy contender for 2016's AOTY.
>>
>>61026931
How in the world is Blackstar better than Sue?
>>
>>61026931
and 3/4 of those songs are previously released whether recorded again or not.

glorified compilation
>>
>>61026966
Doesn't matter if they were already released, Whore was a demo, and Sue and Whore sound drastically different in re-recorded form according to reviews.
>>
>>61026931
>>Blackstar
>10/10. His best song in decades
true
>>
>>61026931
lazarus leaked from the musical, different singer tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq77HyQUVSo
>>
>>61026948
Does it fucking matter? They're both fantastic.
I just happen to enjoy Blackstar more.

>>61027069
>implying an already released album is going to be 2016's AOTY
Shoo! Go away Aaron
>>
>>61026931
>>61027110
oops wrong link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP5dGI5pCrw
>>
>>61027069
that was my AOTY 2015 2bh
>>
File: 1446440900063.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1446440900063.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>All these new bowie "fans"
>>
>>61027255
>new
I've been listening to his music for 5 years, I wouldn't consider that new, desu senpai
>>
>>61027118
>Does it fucking matter?
So are you just like blindly spouting opinions you don't know how to justify or could you actually explain why Blackstar is a 10/10 song, one of the greatest musical achievements of all time.
>>
>>61027281
literally how new?
A R E
Y O U?
>>
>>61027281
I'd say the people who have been a fan of him two years wouldn't consider themselves new either.
>>
>>61026931
blackstar is terrible

if you can look past the gimmick of bowie releasing an experimental electronic song in 2015, you'll see that the songwriting of the song is very half-assed
>>
>>61027285
>not knowing that reviews are actually people just blindly spouting opinions
>>
>>61027362
Well no, ideally they examine some qualities and nuances of the song and explain why they think they're good.
If you know fuck all about music then your reviews are obviously going to be just you posting synonyms for good but it is actually possible to examine a song and why you like it in a way that can be insightful for people who disagree or agree with you.
That's why we "discuss" music in theory senpai.
>>
>>61027255
I became a fan of Bowie about a week before Blackstar was announced.

Heroes is 10/10 senpai
>>
>>61027406
Allow me to explain it to you then:
Jazznoir << whatever Blackstar is

Blackstar is obviously the better song. Just the beat and progression throughout the song should be enough to clarify this. The beat starts in this jazz-influenced propulsive pattern, which double times, and carries over to a more traditional rock-beat for the beautiful mid-section of the song, with both hints of gis glam-rock era, and his station-to-station era with the funk/rock combination.

Even this, the beat carries over into the last section, a return to the beginning. However, the beat now puts an incredible emphasis on mellowness, instead of the beginnings focus on progression and aggression.

Shouldn't that be enough, the instrumentation is so diverse and lush, and covers electronica, psychedelic rock, and jazz, in matter of 4 minutes. And as previously mentioned, the funky and glam-rock sections in the med-sections of songs, which changes between this beautiful and blissful atmosphere, and an alluring and suave one.

The amount of shit going on in Blackstar in the span of 10 minutes is simply unparalleled by anything he has released in a while, this including Sue.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.