[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not music.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: arca-mutant-album.png (906 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
arca-mutant-album.png
906 KB, 1200x1200
Not music.
>>
>>61025960
Indeed, it's shit.
>>
xen was so much better
>>
How so?
>>
>>61026007
Not at all
>>
>>61025960
Prove it
>>
>>61026031
show me a progression, a melody or anything resembling a pleasant listening experience. it is sounds for the sake of it.
>>
>>61026021
you'd rather listen to mutant than xen? i wouldn't
>>
File: Garden_of_Delete.jpg (21 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Garden_of_Delete.jpg
21 KB, 560x560
>>61026031
he wanted to make pic related but missed the point
>>
>>61026076
>a idiot spamming keyboard loops for a hour
>good
>>
>>61025960
Far as music enjoyment goes I prefer his mixes and ep's than his albums so far
Xen had some enjoyable moments (wound,thievery) mutant so far is 2patrican for me the music videos are really good though.
>>
>>61026043
Kelly, Steven. Teaching Music in American Society. New York: Routledge, 2009.

Page 9:
>A person's culture determines how the individual perceives, believes, evaluates, and behaves in society, which explains why all societies have diverse thinking and behaviors. Thus, a sociological view of life, including music, is that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." What is considered "good" can only be evaluated to the extent that the properties are familiar and understood in that particular culture.

He also applies this to the discussion of "what is music." Such is inherently a culture-based discussion and entirely subjective.
>>
>>61026082
but anon, that's what we're all doing all the time
>>
i'm glad this album has shook off the kanye babbys
>>
>>61026076
Why do contrarians pretend to like Garden of Delete over Mutant? GoD is so dull compared to Mutant, it's not even nearly as fun and imaginative as Mutant, GoD is by far opn's worst album
>>
>>61026043
>show me a progression, a melody or anything resembling a pleasant listening experience. it is sounds for the sake of it.

>all music has melodies
>pure sound cannot be music
lurk more
>>
>>61026062
Xen was actually kind of boring, I didn't understand the hype around it, then when mutant came out I "got" Arca
>>
>>61026193
even noise has progression
>>
>>61026208
>some noise has progression
lurk more
>>
>>61026043
I don't think you understand music, music isn't just notes and chords. Music has always been about sound, texture, harmonics, rhythm, and then melody.
>>
>>61026223
so you listen to arca and enjoy the experience?
>>
>>61026231
sure
>>
>>61026076

don't post that shit ever again

I'm still pissed off I bought this piece of shit
>>
>>61026231
definitely, it's enjoyable music to listen too
>>
literally just gay autechre
>>
>>61026261
>Implying autechre isn't gay already
>>
>>61026261
dude autechres writing process is one of them writes while the other blows.
>>
>>61026172
damn..
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.