[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: you explain why this isn't in your top 5 for 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: cover.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
ITT: you explain why this isn't in your top 5 for 2015
>>
>>61022631
I did not like it that much haha
>>
DUDE LSD LMAO
>>
it is man, top 3 actually
>>
just listened to it for the first time in a while earlier today, nice sound and atmosphere but there's no songwriting there, every song is so dull and undeveloped
>>
Because it's number seven
>>
Anything AnCo related is awful.
>>
I haven't listened to it. Do you recommend it?
>>
>>61022734
>no songwriting
what were you listening to?
>>
>>61022631
It is. Great record
>>
I didn't like it much.

It felt very shallow and empty. A lot of songs either felt gimicky, lyrically underdeveloped, or just boring and too reliant on effects and weird quirky electronic sounds.
The instrumental tracks were utterly useless and pointless as well.

Tropic of Cancer was a great song though. And the EP that came out before and after it had better songs than the songs on the actual album in my opinion.
>>
It is though
>>
It's actually number one on my list. Are you mad?
>>
don't you make that oooonnnneeee agaaaaaiiiiinnn
>>
>>61022631
it is doe
>>
Because this artist is a privileged straight white male so he cannot make top 15. Sorry anon.
>>
Come to your senses is the best song
>>
>>61022631
>2014 bro
leak bro
>>
It is in my top 5, it's a great album.
>>
>Having a top 5 for 2015
>implying there were even 5 good releases this year
>>
File: haino_110312_03.jpg (87 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
haino_110312_03.jpg
87 KB, 650x365
Because Keiji Haino released 5 albums this year ;^)
>>
Because Sonic Boom absolutely aped the production.

If Panda had released the mix he did for All Tomorrow's Parties, it would've been definitely my 2015 AOTY.
>>
>>61022631
Because it's just a worse version pf Animal Collective. And Animal Collective is the most overrated band of 21st century.
>>
ill just copypaste my RYM review

I gave this album multiple listens, because it was critically well-received, Panda Bear had a reputation as an interesting musician. Also, i really love Lisbon and hoped to hear a record that ... sonically encaptures the city, i guess?
Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper is an electronic album, slow moving, more rich in harmony than it is in melody. Mr Noah and Crosswords are one of the few tracks that constantly feel like they are getting somewhere, through the excellent vocal melodies. The rest starts to feel repetive fast, because you get one or two warm psychedelic sound loops. And they just stay there on tracks that really tend to drag on and one. A prime example would be Tropic of Cancer, where some lazy harp loops are expected to keep the listener entertained for 6:12.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.