[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about this? For the number 1 rated album on RYM and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 81ni71zIxIL._SL1406_.jpg (503 KB, 1406x1406) Image search: [Google]
81ni71zIxIL._SL1406_.jpg
503 KB, 1406x1406
Can we talk about this? For the number 1 rated album on RYM and a pretty critically acclaimed album overall, I rarely see it talked about around here. Maybe back in 2012-13 but not now.

Just got around to listening to it and I'm torn. There are some fantastic tracks (Paranoid Android, No Surprises, Climbing Up The Walls, Karma Police) and some really shitty tracks (Electioneering).

What do you guys think? Does it deserve its acclaim? Was Kid A better? Is it overrated?
>>
not even radiohead's best album, but it is fantastic
>>
>>61010352
Electioneering is one of the album's best t b h
>>
>>61010432
sounds like buttrock
>>
File: Radiohead_2.jpg (2 MB, 4995x4006) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead_2.jpg
2 MB, 4995x4006
>>61010352
>What do you guys think?

It's just a better version of other really good albums.

For example, Lou Reed freak out shit:
(Skip to 1:21 if you embed)
https://youtu.be/fzfXbnSZi80?t=1m21s

Jonny Greenwood doing the same thing but a billion times better: (Skip to 2:51)
https://youtu.be/ewCU6SgDdR4?t=2m51s

Whatever your favorite album is, whether its Loveless or In the Aeroplane, or King Crimson, Kanye West, whatever OK Computer is better

I'm not even saying Radiohead the band is perfect, they're pretty good, but OK Computer was seriously a triumphant and a godsend, like the 9th symphony
>>
If you give this less than 4.0 stars in RYM you are a horrible human being
>>
>>61010483
how did "buttrock" even get its name it's such a retarded term
>>
>>61010432
this is so not true
>>
I love this one, don't seem to get Kid A though
>>
>>61011059
Is as retarded as the people who use it. Never read anybody using that term who wasn't a shitposter or a pretentious pleb.
>>
Fans of this album are legitimately below the rest of the human race. I'm serious, they're actually subhuman.

I don't have a problem with the band, the album itself is decent (if a bit overproduced), it has spawned a fanbase of retarded teenagers and young adults and failed abortion fucktard cases that sites like Pitchfork now pander to.
>>
File: 1422078417943.png (290 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422078417943.png
290 KB, 500x500
>>61011148
>>
>>61010864
Do you have Down's Syndrome?
>>
>>61011059
apparently in the 90s there were hard rock stations that used the tagline "nothin' but rock" and that changed to "butt-rock".

regardless, you understand what i mean when i use it as a criticism. it resembles bland, boring, uninspired "hard rock" and isn't nearly as good as any of the other tracks
>>
>>61011164
rekt
>>
File: floppy feels.gif (3 MB, 287x191) Image search: [Google]
floppy feels.gif
3 MB, 287x191
>tfw no album sums up your meaningless 21st century experience better
>>
>>61011199
do you not see the obvious influences and similarities in style to both?
>>
>>61011572
What, the Velvet Underground influencing an alt rock band? Shocker.

It's the fact that you're saying it's better than Loveless/King Crimson's classics that is baffling to me.

It's not even the best alt rock album of the year it was released on, Perfect From Now On has it beat on so many levels it's not funny.
>>
>>61011648
>Perfect From Now On has it beat on so many levels it's not funny.
wow, so fucking wrong it hurts
>>
>>61010483
>>61011063
Sounds like old school Beatles. Also, dat cowbell. I'm with this guy. >>61010432
>>
>>61012222
what old school beatles sounds like this?

nice quads tho
>>
>>61012279
it sounds like polythene pam from abbey road
>>
>>61010432
Stop bypassing the filters.
>>
>>61012295
idk how to respond to that except by just saying i disagree and don't see the comparison at all

but i dislike polythene pam too
>>
>>61012279
Revolution I guess? Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
>>
>>61010352
It's fedoracore that fat guys only listen to to seem smart. Why do you think it wound up in Ergo Proxy? It's pretentious as that is, that's why. This is no better than Dream Theater, since it's shit people ONLY listen to for the supposed intelligence it implies.
>I can sit through this whole thing lmao im smart
>>
Still a 10.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.