[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nostalgia thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: aof watchout.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
aof watchout.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
Post that one album that really get you into music (any genre)

I'll start. Alexisonfire is the first live band that I saw in my life. They just released Watch Out! so they played almost from beginning to end. So freakin insane and fast but still with just enough melody.
>>
>>60949987
>>>/v/ampirefreaks
>>
this is still a damn good album, no nostalgia haze needed.
>>
>>60949987
fucking loved Watch Out! I've had to rebuy it a couple times because I keep losing it.

The album that really got me into music a lot was probably Deja Entendu. I was probably only like 12 when I first got into it and it was eye opening to discover music that I was actually genuinely into, not just the same mindless background noise that the radio was at the time.
>>
>>60950561
The first one was better but I loved and still love every album from AOF
>>
>>60949987

Alexisonfire remains as one of my favorite bands! Watch them live once (brazil, they came only for the farewell tour) it was insane! Best concert I went, miss it everyday!
>>
File: 07001sl.jpg (174 KB, 576x583) Image search: [Google]
07001sl.jpg
174 KB, 576x583
>be me, 13
>"NOFX is the best band ever!"
>dad gives me his old Crass cassettes
>Get into Crass
>Get into Anarcho
>follow the members of Crass
>Stephen Ignorant played with Current 93
>Get into Current
>get into expiremental shit
>>
My friend showed me system of a down in middle school, like 5th grade-ish. I mainly just liked them cause serj tankian had an interesting voice. I still hate how that's really the first band that got me into music.

>Tfw you can still remember the first email you created had the word 'soad' in it
>>
File: death-from-above-1979.jpg (177 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
death-from-above-1979.jpg
177 KB, 1200x1200
You're a Woman, I'm a Machine and WITH_TEETH were the two CD's I lost my virginity to back in 2006. Somewhat a funny choice considering my GF was a huge Country music fan. Frankly I don't think I would have preformed as well as I had with fucking Alan Jackson crooning in the background.
>>
i remember this band from high school

is it: alex is on fire
or alexis on fire

noone ever told me
>>
>>60951172
there's nothing wrong with SOAD being your entry to music. They made some good shit.
>>
>>60951359

Alexis on Fire
>>
File: hwite.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hwite.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
First album that got me into music and I still like it.

The first album I bought on my own was My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade, still think The Black Parade is a great pop song but don't like them much at all anymore.
>>
>>60951409
Also my first exposure to live music was a festival. Only remember The Lemonheads which was great and a few acts on a tiny stage that my dad's friend was playing from that.
>>
it'd be a fourway tie between Bad Brains' 'Black Dots', Billie Holiday's 'Lady in Satin' Marty Robbin's 'Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Ballads or SOAD, no particular album. Still unconditionally love all these guys and gals. Thanks dad and older brother.
>>
Korn Untouchables was the first album I bought. Still shaking my head as to why I loved that band so much. Recently watched a documentary on them about their reunion with 'Head' and while I really don't like their music, it was heartening to see them all in a healthy (If fat) state of mind.

... actually now that I think about it, I still like Here to Stay. Guilty pleasure I suppose.
>>
>>60949987
This was actually the album that really got me into music. I don't really listen to this type of music anymore, but it's what got me on the musical path. Before that I listened to shitty generic edgelord bands
>inb4 Infant Annihilator is still for edge fags
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYOhUmOlndg
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.