[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums to listen to while studying for finals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: Geogaddi.jpg (51 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
Geogaddi.jpg
51 KB, 300x275
Am I the only one who can't do music with any words or I just get distracted?
>>
Im in the same boat with the getting distracted by words.
Kashiwa Daisuke - Program Music 1 is my go to
I also like shlohmo a lot for studying
>>
>Philosphy and Calculus final early tomorrow
>5:54 PM now
And I'm still shitposting on /mu/.
>>
File: eratp068-dawnofmidi.jpg (159 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
eratp068-dawnofmidi.jpg
159 KB, 472x472
perfect for math
>>
File: smts_cover.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
smts_cover.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
Ambient and Field Recordings are good study music. I find it hard to study too, but I have pretty much given up anyway. I think something might be wrong with me, but haha, who cares about me?

Check out the obvious stuff like Brian Eno's Ambient Series, Aphex Twin, etc. Also pic related has worked for me in the past.
>>
>>60946490
Will give a listen.
I'm studying math right now.

>>60946353
Not a big electronic fan but i'm liking the Daisuke album.
>>
>>60946620
All of those are my go to study albums.
Music for Airplanes might be my all time favorite ambient.
>>
i got u family
>>
>>60946631
it's a bit fast paced compared to typical study music but it somehow helps me crank out equations like clockwork
>>
>>60946631
if you like daisuke def check out Worlds End Girlfriend too
>>
>>60946853
<3 WEG
>>
File: Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg (47 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg
47 KB, 350x350
Sometimes I listen to noise while studying. It clears my head from other stuff, and helps me focus.

>>60946318
Geodaddi is too emotional for me to listen while studying.
>>
>>60947338
>Geodaddi is too emotional for me to listen while studying.
How so? I listen to stuff like Ricky Eat Acid too which I can see as being too emotional but how Geodaddi?
>>
>>60946318
listen to whatever you listen to normally

don't fall for the idea that music to study/sleep/ect to is supposed to be some kind of something
>>
>>60947672
It makes sense that certain kinds of music is a lot easier to keep in the background and think along with. I agree with OP, stuff with lyrics really competes for my attention and is hard to concentrate on work while listening to.
>>
>>60947672
theres definitely some music that is better suited for certain activities. For instance you wouldnt go to a club for dancing and want some minimalist ambient to be being played
>>
>>60946318
Either Syro of SAW 2 by Aphex Twin.
>>
File: 1447529285485.jpg (132 KB, 985x651) Image search: [Google]
1447529285485.jpg
132 KB, 985x651
isn't that the point? to, you know, listen to the lyrics.
>>
Tortoise-Millions Now Living Will Never Die and Tnt
>>
>>60946318
I studied for my bar exam listening exclusively to Stars of the Lid
>>
File: cover.jpg (136 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
136 KB, 600x600
Anything by GYBE really
>>
>>60947672
Idiot.

Why does this board attract the worst tripfags?
>>
>>60948740
Millions now living got me through school
>>
I agree OP
I personally reccomend
>Steve Hauschildt
>Loscil
>Loren Mazzacane Connors
>Earth
>Mono
>Otto A Totland
That's all I've got, but I think these offer a pretty wide range of genres but none of them include vocals
>>
>>60946620
Thank you for posting that. I`m listening to . "Oberterzen—Unterterzen" on youtube now, and i`m digging it. Do you have a link to dl the entire album?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.