[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats with all the love for Steve Albini on this board all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
also post rare albinis
>>
>>60928736
albini's been well liked on /mu/ as far as I can remember
>>
File: AlbiniEdgy.jpg (38 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
AlbiniEdgy.jpg
38 KB, 500x667
He has produced some of the best albums ever, like Spiderland.
>>
File: albini.png (1 MB, 900x504) Image search: [Google]
albini.png
1 MB, 900x504
idk
>>
>>60928755
i love this meme.

Do you guys prefer Big Black, Rapeman, or Shellac? (and why)
>>
>>60928755
How he do that?
>>
>>60928755
is this image real? and what's the story behind it if it is
>>
>>60928881
Big Black. First and best. Has the scratchy guitars, but also has edgemaster lyrics and a fucking drum machine. Others are good, but BB is king.
>>
It was funny watching Pigpile and hearing him do the "1...2...1 2 FUCK YOU" thing
>>
>>60928881
shellac. i like the whole angular minimalist rock trio thing
>>
>>60928881
Big Black > Rapeman >> Shellac

shellac sounds like wrestling music
>>
>>60928736

I've loved his stuff ever since I got into Neurosis and then found out he's done a bunch of stuff I love like Hymn to the Immortal Wind
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAn2PQlgmtg
>>
>>60928970
8.5/10
>>
>>60928970
do you know what kind of metal picks he used to get some of the scratchy sound? I read he used metal picks with multiple notches or something but i don't really know where to find picks like that or how to make them.
>>
File: tumblr_nq43k3XO1K1qh8sebo1_1280.jpg (691 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq43k3XO1K1qh8sebo1_1280.jpg
691 KB, 1280x1600
Where do you think he shops for groceries?
>>
I met Albini last week after a Shellac gig

Lovely lovely guy
>>
>>60929180
how was the show? what was he like
>>
>>60929180

Knowing that Steve Albini is a pretty nice guy also makes me think that Peter Sotos must be pretty great too
>>
>>60929232
the show was incredible, they're really tight. great crowd and venue as well.

I didn't talk with him for long, he seemed like he had things he wanted to do, but I fanboyed out over him and he asked my name and made some witty calls. He was just really present and down to earth
>>
>>60928881
they are all so perfect, idek. the past couple weeks I have been preferring rapeman, now i am into shellac. the man is such a god
>>
>>60929060

Its more than metal picks and aluminum guitars. He uses certain equipment to get that sound. If you search, there is quite a bit of info about it.
>>
>>60928736
albini's a fucking douche
>>
>>60932308
srsly, its like of his opinions a lot i disagree with but with even more i simply cringe at.
>>
>>60929180
Nice. Where was that I saw him in Auckland?
>>
He's made some great sounding records and Big Black is good
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.