[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here like Billly Corgan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
Anyone here like Billly Corgan?
>>
Machina reissue/remix when?
>>
>>60927359
I liked his Dale album
>>
I don't think anyone can really like Billy, but The Smashing Pumpkins were great until Zeitgeist
>>
i like the smashing veggies but billy is washed up and fat

anyone peep that 6 hour long ambient drone thing he did? holy shit billy
>>
File: 12516264.jpg (71 KB, 594x560) Image search: [Google]
12516264.jpg
71 KB, 594x560
>>60927396
I don't think anyone can not like Billy after seeing this.
>>
>>60927359
Yeah, Play is a really good album.
>>
>>60927427
Made me like him less desu
>>
Is that Rick from Pawn Stars?
>>
File: 1444056328753.jpg (91 KB, 640x392) Image search: [Google]
1444056328753.jpg
91 KB, 640x392
>>60927427
>>
File: DESPITE ALL MY RAGE.jpg (663 KB, 1384x846) Image search: [Google]
DESPITE ALL MY RAGE.jpg
663 KB, 1384x846
>>60927359
Billy seems like a cool guy.
People are just faggots because of his conspiracy stuff.
>>
>>60927359
D A L E
A
L
E
>>
arguably the greatest musician in the past 30 years

nah, im way off, nevermind its not arguable. Billy Corgan is the GOAT
>>
>>60927359
Another Green World is GOAT
>>
File: 1429943876403.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1429943876403.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
Anyone here like Trent?
>>
He's probably the most detestable little sack of shit of any musician I like.

He was a great songwriter in the 90s but Adore was his last good album. Well, Oceania was pretty nice actually, but eh, just a fluke.

Horrible horrible human being in pretty much every way.
>>
>>60928163
What's he done?
I'm not caught up with Billy Corgan news.
>>
>>60928163
>Adore was his last good album

>Not Machina
>Not knowing Machina is his magnum opus
>>
>>60928261
http://www.stereogum.com/1847460/bradford-cox-recounts-backstage-fight-with-billy-corgan-over-a-water-bottle/video/

and Kim Gordon Bashed him in her book released this year expressing how the entire 90s alt rock scene felt about him
>Ewwww, at even the mention of Billy Corgan, whom nobody liked (except Courtney) because he was such a crybaby, and Smashing Pumpkins took themselves way too seriously and were in no way punk rock.
>>
>>60928312
Yeah that's DEFINITELY a definitive reason to think he's a piece of shit.

Fuckin idiot
>>
>>60928312
>were in no way punk rock.
lol they never said they were

thurston and kim are some of the biggest fuckheads in music they're nothing but talking heads. no pun intended
>>
Anyone find Billy attractive?
>>
>>60928261
IDK just read or watch any interview with him from like the last 10 years, he's a fucking mental egomaniac conspiracy nut who believes in chemtrails, le dadrock, hates his fans and the music that made him famous in the first place, whines about p4k and trashes other bands, threatened to kill a tranny, the list goes on

Literally everything he says or does is at best embarrassing, at worst fucking despicable.
>>
>>60928312
>were in no way punk rock
When I first read that quote sometime back I felt a little angry
Smashing Pumpkins at their prime > punk
>>
>>60928372
Talking Heads who wrote great music. Kim and Thurston both seem like such fuck heads and every time I watch an interview with anyone form SY except Lee it makes me like their music less

As for Billy I can't say I like him, though I certainly respect him. He's made great music and he seems pretty smart, though I can't say I'd be friends with him if I knew him.
>>
>>60928403
I've seen his Alex Jones interviews, he didn't seem half bad in those.

>threatened to kill a tranny
>bad
>>
>>60928494
I never liked sonic youth. I tried getting into them years ago but found them insanely boring.
>>
>>60928551
>supports giving death threats to mentally ill people
>also, Alex Jones
>literally Alex Jones
>ever

I think the problem is that you're just as much of an edgy cunt as Corgan himself
>>
>>60927359
Yeah, I liked him back when he and I had hair.
>>
>>60928006
hell yeah, and i love that image
>>
>>60928716
Michael Stipe became a talentless cunt the moment he lost his hair too

Coincidence? I think not
>>
File: billycorgan_cats.jpg (119 KB, 800x1038) Image search: [Google]
billycorgan_cats.jpg
119 KB, 800x1038
>>60928656
I literally searched "Billy Corgan interview" because some guy was talking about how much of a dick he was and that's the first thing that popped up.

He really didn't seem like a "fucking mental egomaniac conspiracy nut" to me, and I feel like people exaggerate these things. But what do I know, I haven't researched Corgan's life.
>>
TNALOL

though i do love the first 4 smashing pumpkins albums
>>
not huge into rock but he's one of the main rock artists I like
>>
>>60928397
He has too much of a baby face, but he's pretty cool.
>>
>>60927359

i still like him
>>
turning into (contemporary - bloated) norm macdonaldf
>>
>>60927359
William has some good albums and it is very likely that he is a dick IRL
>>
I love the Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan, and he's great live, but as a guy he seems like the biggest douchebag of all time
>>
Siamese Dream senpai
>>
For some reason I decided to rewatch the Ava Adore video for the first time in a very long time. What a video.
>>
h8 dis faggot and his waters
>>
>>60928585
Yeah I can see that.

Have any of you guys listened to the Teargarden by Kaleidoscope stuff? It's pretty good. Better than Oceania. Though I like Oceania and Zeitgeist.
>>
>>60928006
Yes and despite being a bit of a prick, he's infinitely more likeable than Billy.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.