[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>electronic musician >get into conversation with some other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
>electronic musician
>get into conversation with some other musician
>he says he has to practice 24/7 but is managing to play perfectly
>was quite impressed, asked him what instrument he plays
>tells me "guitar"
>mfw
>wonder if he was being serious about his instrument being hard
>turns out he was
>instantly Iose respect for him

l assume there's a few guitarists on here, so I'm actually curious. Do you guys actually think your instrument is difficult or are you at the stage where you realise anyone could play twing twang "music"?
>>
ree
>>
>>60773801
>electronic "musician"

stopped reading there
>>
>>60773801
Playing guitar is hard as fuck, dickhead.

lmfao, how can you make a few gay sounds on your Mac and call yourself a musician?

Kill yourself.
>>
Playing guitar is easy, playing guitar well is pretty hard.
>>
>this whole thread

xD
>>
Is Chris Martin related to Chris Martin?
>>
>>60773801

in the time I've lurked /mu/ I've learned that hardly anyone here actually plays an instrument and it is just a place for normalcunts, redditors and women (all three aren't mutually exclusive) to stroke their egos over their obscure music tastes
>>
>>60773801
>not playing MIDI guitar for use with electronic music
absolute pleb
>>
>>60773801
I actually agree with this.

I meet so many guitarists who unironically believe they are doing something difficult or impressive, when it's the easiest instrument to master.

Hell, I picked up my first guitar at 13 and mastered it before I was 14.

Its still a useful skill to have if you want to impress dumb underage girls, but if you like real ladies, put the autism stick down and learn how to make a good beat.
>>
>>60773908
>prefers old worn-out sluts over fresh underage girls

the mark of a pleb
>>
>>60773801
are you confusing production skills with the ability to flawlessly play an instrument?
>implying i would bite the obvious b8
>>
>>60773893
>not combining electronic music with guitar parts you record yourself.

Mixed media people, mixed media

OP if he plays classical guitar, give him respect, if he plays mostly jazz, give him respect. Anything else you can write him off as a pleb. If he doesn't read sheet music, he pleb.
>>
File: long duk dong.jpg (44 KB, 269x604) Image search: [Google]
long duk dong.jpg
44 KB, 269x604
>>60773801
>Electronic "musician"
Nope
Smh
>>
>electronic "poosician"
kek

KEK
>>
>>60773924
twing twang "musician" spotted
>>
>>60773908
>mastered an instrument in 1 year
yeah, no, you sucked.
>>
>>60773801
Good b8 10/10
>>
>>60773908
i kek'd. hope you're having a laugh too bro, if not, you should consider ending it all
>>
>>60773952
no, this has nothing to do with music taste, this is about your laughable obsession with grannies lmao
>>
File: kek.gif (7 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
7 KB, 600x600
>>60773960
>leading the guitar is hard
>mfw
>>
File: patrick-inhale-burgers.gif (130 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
patrick-inhale-burgers.gif
130 KB, 500x255
>>60773908
>Hell, I picked up my first guitar at 13 and mastered it before I was 14.

>10/10 best post ever

someone save this shit for a humor thread lol
>>
All producers should at least play piano, if not guitar, drumkit and a classical instrument.

You're not a musician if you can't play music unplugged.
>>
>>60773978
learning is easy. mastering takes a lifetime.

If you think you mastered an instrument in 1 year, you clearly dont know what mastering an instrument is.

Could you sight read a 4 part fugue from the sheet music? of course not. could you use pitch axis to improvise in a mode thats outside the current key? no.
>>
>>60773983
>this is what twing twang autismos ACTUALLY believe

>>60773968
LMFAO, you are literally in full damage control over your pathetic "instrument" getting exposed as fuck.

Enjoy fawning over children you could never get while I'm here impressing ladies with my original and pioneering beats.
>>
>>60773978
>leading the guitar is hard
wtf does that mean faggot?
guitar solos are for fuckboys, classical and fingerpicking are the real deal
>>
>>60774010
>>60774027
>being this fucking furious about your chosen "instrument" being easy
KEK lads, no need to get to upset.

I'm sure you'll find an uneducated nigger/American you can show off your "skills" to one day.
>>
File: IMG_76396554_12_march.png (325 KB, 441x439) Image search: [Google]
IMG_76396554_12_march.png
325 KB, 441x439
As a guitarist myself, I am utterly enraged.

Your post doesn't even warrant a serious reply.

This is a recent photo of myself playing guitar and keyboard at the same time.
>>
>>60774025
actually, I'll be over here volunteering at kindergarten while you masturbate to pictures of saggy tits
>>
>>60773908
deeeelectable bait, senpai!
>>
>>60774055
delet this
>>
>>60774049
Actually my first instrument was piano. Then guitar, then drunmkit, then cello, then theremin, then accordion.

Now I'm a composer instead of a performer.
>>
Guitar is easy as fuck, most guitarists are terrible and it's such an easy instrument to make a pleasant sound with they don't try very hard too. It's surprising as a classically trained violinist how many guitarists can't even read sheet music, can't hear a note and instantly reproduce it with voice or their instrument (even across instruments), have no idea what key they're playing in, don't know all the notes on the fretboard, and worry more about their gear than anything.

I play Celtic trad and at sessions we usually are horrified whenever a guitarist comes by since they often are mixing minor/major keys (doesn't work well in this kind of music) and don't know nearly enough chord variations and are just doing their own thing, or they aren't familiar with a song but try to play anyway. All non-melody players are worrying with this but guitarists are the worst, with only percussion players who think it'll be easy close to as bad. It's especially embarrassing if it's not just locals, like if you have French tourists asking about la musique celtique and have one of those guys at the pub with your group.
>>
>>60774049
whos mad?,
im curious what instrument or part of electronic music is hard for you?
i also make electronic music for funsies
>>
>>60774055
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>60774055
>playing guitar and keyboard at the same time.
>not actually playing either in the picture
ya goofed
>>
Dear /mu/
You are, as we speak, responding to a shitty copypasta courtesy of some Australian faggit on /sp/.
Shame on you.
Shame on every neckbearded one of you.
>>
Just listened to the entire Hybrid Theory album (again), lads
>>
>>60774089
I'd reckon that the majority of musicians on this planet have no clue about anything. I mean, just read the youtube comments for anything music related. Most people are completely clueless. As a drummer I find it especially bad amongst our kinf
>>
>>60774125
walkcunt
>>
>>60774125
but its fun to wreck electronic producers who can't play instruments.
>>
>>60774089
>don't know all the notes on the fretboard
that's the first thing you learn when you are not autistic
>we usually are horrified whenever a guitarist comes by since they often are mixing minor/major keys
you sound like a faggot, what is band practice?, tell the fag to stay in key until he doesn't fuck up
>don't know nearly enough chord variations
what kind of guitar players do you deal with, 8th grade kids?
>>
>>60774102
>being a literal newcunt
>>
>>60774102
Responding to shitty /sp/ memery.
>ya double goofed
>>
>all these guitarshitters getting triggered

thank you OP
>>
Fallout Boy were THE band of 2007.

Discuss.
>>
>>60774166
this is MY opinion, NOT yours
>>
>>60774159
>implying it wasnt obvious b8 but we wrecked anyway
>>
Justin Timberlake's 'Justified' was the defining album of 2003.
>>
>>60774186
but not the defining album of his career

that album would come 3 years later
>>
KEK

poorpetually pooper poorturbed gee-tah wankers on eternal literally poorius damage control and pooicide watch
>>
>>60774183
>wrecked

lmaooooooo
>>
Slayer was the defining metal band of the 20th century.
>>
>>60774212
>who are Linkin Park
>>
>>60774146
Most people in comments though definitely aren't musicians, but agreed on so many people who are (and aren't) being clueless. And yeah, there's a lot of people who play percussion who have no idea what they are doing for some reason. I don't really know why, I guess it just looks easier and like there's less to it so maybe it attracts some underachievers? Even more so when you move away from drums and get stuff like wooden spoons, great if done right but no one takes seriously.

>>60774151
I know it's basic stuff, but you really overestimate people if you think that stuff is all uncommon or hard to believe. Wish it was. I've seen some shit. A great guitarist can add so much, though great guitarists are a lot fewer, but boy do they stand out in comparison.
>>
Anyone else often read a thread and think
> there's no way people will fall for this
And find themselves proven wrong time and time again
>>
>>60774201
That's rich coming from
>an abysmally and alarmingly apoplectic and absolutely ass-annihilated Ausshit
>>
>>60774239
if /mu/ fell for the Linkin Park thread they'll fall for anything
>>
File: Layla.png (1 MB, 512x5946) Image search: [Google]
Layla.png
1 MB, 512x5946
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the average guitarist.
>>
>>60774025
meme
>>
>>60774202
hell yeah we did
>>
>>60774260
>Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the average bleeptard.

ftfy
>>
>>60773801
Almost every influencial alternative style of music has been based around how you can manipulate the sound of a guitar to get an interesting sound to match a certain aesthetic,

>Grunge
>Shoegaze
>Brit pop
>Folk etc.

Even band like Beach House use guitar fairly heavily. Fuck off with your electronic shit, unless you're at the level of Richard D. James where you engineer your own gear, just fuck off, you're not a musician.
>>
>>60773942
What sheet music do electronic musicians read?
>>
>>60774313
>influencial alternative style of music

>/poo/tants
>>
>>60774313
YOU HEARD IT HERE EVERYONE

IF YOU DON'T MATCH THIS RANDOM ASSHOLE' S DEFINITION YOU'RE NOT A MUSICIAN

KEKEKKEKEK
>>
>>60774325
electtronic musicians can't read
>>
>>60774260
kek

KEK

K-E-K

This is literally /mu/: The Conversation.
>>
Just did a big poo in a fancy restaurant lads
>>
File: 1442658538132.jpg (12 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
1442658538132.jpg
12 KB, 350x296
>be me 4 months ago
>stop going to /mu/ because nobody can tell the most blatant bait when they see it
>today
>check out /mu/ again
>nothing has changed
You're all the cancer that killed 4chan 5 years ago
>>
>>60774325
every musician should be able to read a music sheet, classical or not
>>
this board should be renamed /poo/ 2bh
>>
>>60773865
succ me
i want the succ
give ME the succ
>>
>>60773865
we /specialmemefresh/ now
>>
>>60774260
I kinda feel bad for the guy. Dude's trying to make an effort to better himself and not just off himself. Good on the girl for actually trying to help him through his stuff and not just telling him to eff off.
>>
>>60774446
That is literally a beta loser FAILING to hire a prostitute.

No sympathy.
>>
>>60774475
he's literally less beta than you are kek
>>
>>60774497
>can't even fuck a prostitute
People WILL defend this.
>>
>>60774501
he can and he has, good job being unable to read.
the insecurity dripping from your post though holy shit.
>>
>>60774475
>>60774497
>>60774501
all of you are lame tbqh
>>
>>60774511
Can YOU even read?

He LITERALLY could not convince that prostitute to fuck him and in fact, he actually scared her away.
>>
>>60774529
>He LITERALLY could not convince that prostitute to fuck him

nigga he just wanted to watch a show... did you even read the fuckin thing?
>>
>>60774566
Of course I read it.

My friend, that is literally my conversation, and I was genuinely upset that she stopped responding.
>>
>>60773827
Oh you're one of those faggots who thinks electronic music isn't music.

Please fuck off and die.
>>
>>60774089
You do know that many people cant reproduce notes with their voice perfectly not because of them not being good musicians, but because many peoples vocal cords arent correctly correlated to the part of their brain that makes them produce sound you fuckwit.
>>
>>60775910
>damage control
>>
File: 1306440563010.jpg (37 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1306440563010.jpg
37 KB, 562x437
>playing 4/4 rhythms on a twing twang in chromatic scales only
>"rocking out"
>>
>>60775578
it literally isn't

doesn't play instrument - not a musician
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.