[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WELL IM POURIN DOWN THE BLACKTOP >IM A WORKIN MAN >MY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: bruce-springsteen.jpg (124 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
bruce-springsteen.jpg
124 KB, 306x306
>WELL IM POURIN DOWN THE BLACKTOP
>IM A WORKIN MAN
>MY BROTHER DONT WORK NO MORE SINCE GETTIN FIRED FROM THE STEEL PLANT
>BUT WE LIKE TO DRINK BEER
>THEN WERE GONNA GO THROW SOME FASTBALLS LIKE BACK IN THE GOOD OL DAYS
>TAKE MY CHEVY OUT CRUISIN
>ON THE BACK DUSTY ROADS
>GONNA FIND MY SWEETHART
>AND DANCE WITH HER
>DON'T RUN TOO FAST
>WE GOT NOTHIN TO LOSE BABY
>IN THIS OLD CITY OF BROKEN DREAMS
>BUT THE FACTORIES ARE ALL DEAD
>THAT BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK AND ROLL
>SO WE HIDE OUT IN THE CORNFEILDS
>AND NOW JOEY'S WORKIN A 9 TO 5
>BUT WE AIN'T NEVER GONNA GIVE UP
>NEVER GONNA GIVE UP
>NEVER GONNA GIVE UP
>>
You know, as a big Springsteen fan, I was legitimately trying to figure out what song this was, before I realized you were just abstracting a song.
>>
File: confused-man.jpg (217 KB, 925x572) Image search: [Google]
confused-man.jpg
217 KB, 925x572
if bruce is such a working class hero,
then why is he call "the boss" ?
>>
>>60732631
He's the boss the people want, not the one they have
>>
Springsteen doesn't talk about being drunk, he's notoriously sober for a rock star. Nice try though.
>>
>>60732754
Damn....
>>
>>60732417
Atlantic City is the best song of all time.
>>
>>60732754
We're living on it
>>
>>60732417

literally Country for the babby boomers
>>
File: Greetings_from_Asbury_Park_NJ.jpg (34 KB, 302x300) Image search: [Google]
Greetings_from_Asbury_Park_NJ.jpg
34 KB, 302x300
If you don't like what Bruce discusses in his lyrics, you need to go pre-Darkness (or pre-Nebraska, however you want to do it)

The lyrics on this album are GOAT, as are the ones on The Wild, The Innocent, and The E Street Shuffle. Born to Run is more what you're describing, but it's got enough cool poetry stuff and it's more of a love-themed album so it's still super good

>>60732779
I mean his characters get drunk sometimes. Like Glory Days is pretty much just about that
>>
>>60734591
>GOAT of corny boomer muzak
>>
>>60734414
no I didn't
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.