[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have hated Coldplay for so long that I honestly think they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: early-coldplay.jpg (79 KB, 748x450) Image search: [Google]
early-coldplay.jpg
79 KB, 748x450
I have hated Coldplay for so long that I honestly think they are trolling me at this point.

Chris Martin on their latest "song" featuring Beyonce
"The original kernel was that I was listening to Flo Rida or something, and I thought, it's such a shame that Coldplay could never have one of those late-night club songs, like 'Turn Down for What,'"

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT FUCKING MIND LISTENS TO A FUCKING FLO RIDA SONG AND THINKS 'HEY WOW IT WOULD BE GREAT IF COLDPLAY MADE A SONG LIKE THIS'
>>
That's fucking hilarious, literally what is he thinking? The absolute madman
>>
dude reverb lmao
>>
Viva La Vida is the best album of the last 10 years.

Fight me.
>>
>>60723088
I'd rather not, I feel like your head would burst into mush just from a slap to the face.
>>
I've never really hated Coldplay, but anything post viva la vida has been pretty shit.
>>
>>60723088
I think the problem with music today is that it allows people to have this opinion
>>
>>60723088
It is a great pop record.

>>60723033
Looks like they're done. Wasn't this going to be their last album? I always hoped Martin would take his kek head out of his dumb ass for 2 seconds and actually do something good with their talent for melodies, like a while shoegaze album in the vein Chinese Sleep Chant, but no, he still is stuck in that mainstream bubble. God fucking dammit Martin you stupid fuck.
>>
>>60723173
Also, if they added Hopkins' electronic shit like Midnight they could be up for something great. Oh well all I can do is sigh. Such a disappointment.
>>
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

I JUST WANTED CHRIST MARTIN TO STOP FALLING FOR THE STUPID POP BUBBLE MEME AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING WORTH DOING

I MEAN JUST LISTEN TO RUSH OF BLOOD AND VIVA THERE'S SOME GREAT STUFF ON THERE THEY ARE CAPABLE OF SO MUCH MORE

ITS COLDPLAY'S LAST ALBUM WHY CANT THEY JUST DO IT!!!! HOLD ME
>>
File: image.jpg (539 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
539 KB, 1920x1080
>>60723033
Chris Martin used to be so cool.
He loved Travis and ️OK Computer saying he would give his right testicle to write anything as good as it.
He loved Oasis and was a true Brit.

He made post-britpop a good genre and even make 4 great albums.

Now he's just shit hollywood trash.

Mellow travis-esque coldplay is the best
>>
Furthermore:
Coldplay has the potential still (chris said this is the last album of a series I don't think he's ending the band because going solo would be stupid and $$$).
MAYBE he will take his head out of his ass and make a shoegaze influenced album. If I were him I'd drop my label and do something cool and not for the money that would make people turn their fucking heads and go "holy shit coldplay did something grad and this is album of the year material" like Kid A.

And they have shown signs all throughout each one of their albums of being able to write great fucking songs.
Their b-sides could be compiled into an album and get a fucking 9/10.
>>
File: 200__BERSERK.png (309 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
200__BERSERK.png
309 KB, 500x531
>>60724982
I'm legitimately puzzled as to why they took this direction. They've always said 'this is the type of album we've always wanted to do' in response to all their poppier albums but it's always fucking Chris. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Chris who keeps trying to push this pop shit over and over until the band just caves into his influence. I mean they got fucking Stargate to produce the album instead of Eno which has worked so well for them in the past.

Now i'm curious how they would sound if Chris just went full Thom and pulls a Kid A out of his ass. It would be better than this watered down garbage for sure.
>>
>>60723033
coldplay is love. cold play i s l..i...f..e
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.