[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are the Kinks so fucking boring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: kinks.jpg (50 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
kinks.jpg
50 KB, 620x372
why are the Kinks so fucking boring?
>>
You must be listening to the wrong stuff.

If you think Something Else, Village Green, Arthur, and Muswell Hillbillies are boring, you have awful taste in music.
>>
>4 british dudes playing together

gee i wonder
>>

If you think Something Else, Village Green, Arthur, and Muswell Hillbillies are boring, you have awful taste in music.
>>

>>

>>
>>60703865
i've listened to all those albums but Muswell Hillbillies. I like a few songs (Waterloo Sunset, Sunny Afternoon, You Really Got Me) but overall their style seems so boring to me. I can't stand the way Davies sings and nothing to me stands out about any of the instrumentation
>>
You Really Got Me is a legitimately timeless single imo
>>

>>
>>60703818
cause you were born after Hendrix and Metal.
>>

>>
Because their early works are shit

Village Green and Arthur is legitimately great albums of 60s
>>
>>60703818
you should listen to every album at least 5 times to start getting the appeal
>>
>>60706147
i listened to Face to Face, Something Else, and Village Green over 10 times each
>>
They're a meme that contrarians like to call "underrated" because they lacked commercial success in America despite being rather boring and underwhelming. It's the same reason Blur is popular.
>>
>>60705801
yeeaaaaah buddy, I listened to both of them yesterday, Village Green is better than I remembered it.
>>
>>60706262
What 60s bands do you like? I find it hard to believe that someone who enjoys The Beatles, The Who, or The Rolling Stones doesn't enjoy Village Green and Arthur.
>>
My favorite Kinks albums happen to be the ones where they incorporate their name into the title: Kinda Kinks, Kink Kontroversy, and Kinkdom. Face To Face is also great, but the earlier stuff just rocks harder. Can't say I'm a fan of the debut LP because most of the songs just aren't written well at all.
>>
the kinks are like if the who were artistic
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.