[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with the 2nd part of 'Moonchild'?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: british teeth.jpg (46 KB, 348x313) Image search: [Google]
british teeth.jpg
46 KB, 348x313
What's the deal with the 2nd part of 'Moonchild'?

PS "Wind" (which is a nice song, but not enough) and "Moonchild" make that album far from even 8/10
>>
Plen
>>
worst track for me is court, just find it boring compared to the rest
>>
>>60629520
pleb?
>>
>>60629523
i get what you're saying, it's kinda majestic in the way of "Epitaph", but gets old and is the most traditionally structured songs on the album
>>
>>60629481
Wind is not good enough? wtf are you talking about
>>
>>60629649
not good enough compared to the 1st track or Epitaph
>>
wind's a great song, has the most feels out of anything on the album
>>
>>60629481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ref3Iu0LYyg
Wish you'd understand, but you probably won't.
>>
What's up with you plebs and Moonchild, I found it really enjoyable the first time I've heard it.
>>
I've been getting board with Court lately myself. A bit too long for what it has to offer.

They played a slightly shorter version of it on the recent European tour, though, and it was awesome to hear live.
>>
>>60629523
THIS
btw >>60629481, Moonchild in its entirety is the greatest thing that King Crimson ever made.

Moonchild > 21st Century Schizoid Man > Epitath > I Talk To The Wind > The Court Of The Crimson Kind
>>
the second part of moonchild is amazing and i'll never understand this meme
>>
>>60630744
BOARD
>>
>not liking Moonchild

Get out
>>
Moonchild is the pleb detector. If you don't like it you out yourself as a pleb.
>>
File: fripp upset.jpg (21 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
fripp upset.jpg
21 KB, 640x640
>disliking and/or skipping Moonchild
>>
the minimalist part of moonchild is amazing, it's like when you take a shit and you don't know when it will continue to come out
>>
File: fripp belittles.jpg (48 KB, 709x577) Image search: [Google]
fripp belittles.jpg
48 KB, 709x577
>there are those on /mu/ who still think Moonchild is a structureless mess
>>
I like the first part of Moonchild but the improv isn't really my thing and drags on too long IMO, defs the weakest track on the album for me. Felt out of place.
>>
I Talk To the Wind is one of the highlights of the album for me. It creates the perfect contrast to 21st Century Schizoid Man.
>>
>>60632204
>>60632251
>Posting Fripp with this opinion

Even he believes it to be a weak track.

I still personally find it enjoyable, if definitely the weakest part of the album.
>>
>>60632729
[citation needed]
>>
>>60632225

>tfw you get sandwiched by fripp
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.