[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people praise this shit so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: runthefools.jpg (181 KB, 685x683) Image search: [Google]
runthefools.jpg
181 KB, 685x683
The tracks are so forgettable, it's just retarded brag rap with stupid lyrics. Only tracks I liked were Blockbuster and Jeopardy. Angel Duster was cringe-tier.
>>
>>60602358
I feel more or less the same as you do about it. Very commercial.
>>
go see them live and you'll understand
>>
>>60602358
Motherfuck your permission
Was never yours to begin with
>>
eh
>>
File: 1447437272273.jpg (41 KB, 480x266) Image search: [Google]
1447437272273.jpg
41 KB, 480x266
>>60602366
This

>>60602358
>Not liking close your eyes
Must suck being a tryhard that hates anything popular
>Not liking Lie, cheat, steal
>>
>>60602366
Most rappers just shout indiscriminately into their microphones at live whows and RTJ are no different.

One of the only live rap acts i've ever seen and wasnt disappointed with was the Roots, because they actually played instruments and had lyrical skills beyond yelling. 99% of rap sounds better in the studio.
>>
>>60602398
I can count the amount of hip hop artists I listen to on one hand, yet RTJ is the of the greatest live acts I've ever seen in my life

just go see them dickwad
>>
the first one was great, the second was a disaster
the features alone show the decrease, big boi & prince paul to travis barker & angry rage against the machine man what were they thinking
>>
>>60602412
I did see them you faggot. It was borderline unlistenable.

They have very little vocal skill. Their lyrics and beats are creative but virtually none of that shines through when they are just running around and yelling into a mic.
>>
>>60602358
Its not just brag rap, there is obviously a political message. But Ive already heard better fuck the police type music. This seems like a loose update of that.
>>
>>60602466

> b-but there's a white guy saying fuck the police too!

Rtj fans are pathetic
>>
>>60602426
i bet you're like 19 and white and have a twitter account where you post shitty "ironic" jokes about dragon ball z
>>
>>60602358
Also I wanna add that El-P's production isn't "legendary" as some claim, it's decent but I think it's too "loud" and overshadows the actual rapping.
>>
>>60602615
i think that "el-piss" would "be" a "better name" for "him" "to be honest"
>>
>>60602358
God tier desu. I love them.
>>
Because reddit.
>>
>>60602644
Good reasoning cunt.
>>
>>60602391
>Must suck being a tryhard that hates anything popular

>I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, Drake, DOOM, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
>I follow pop culture. I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
>I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
>I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
>Beyonce be like
>Jay-Z be like
>Nicki Minaj be like
>KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
>Yeezy season approaching
>ROUNDTABLE ABOUT THE NEW RHIANNA SINGLE. this is everything
>Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
>Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
>Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae. jurassic park t-shirt!
>le smash mouth, nickleback, guy fieri. LMAOOOO. WHITE PEOPLE THO
>um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu. old white man yells at cloud. *white person sees a cracker* white person "same" desu. literally same. literally me every day of my life bae. um, good job white people. poor little white opressed guy! BOOHOO!
>iggy azelia and robin thicke are literally the most problematic musicians ever
>WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
>People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to /pol/
>pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, grantland, I'm in the know
>I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO
>I ironically purchased a Fetty Wap and Rae Sremmurd record. THIS IS EVERYTHING desu
>I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
>#readyforhillary #orblackcanidate #stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew
>>
>>60602648
>>>/r/hhh
Assblasted memerap fans needn't continue posting here.
>>
>>60602358
It's just a fun record, don't form your opinion on it based on others and just try to listen to it for yourself while ignoring the hype around it.
Also: >its just retarded brag rap with stupid lyrics
Is this bait? Most rap is "retarded brag rap", have you considered that rap may not be a genre for you?

>inb4 I only listen to smart MC's
Good for you, but most rap is not about that
>>
>>60602654
>getting so mad you write this long of a reply
Yea kinda proves that I was right
>>
File: woah_nigga.jpg (57 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
woah_nigga.jpg
57 KB, 392x500
>>60602654
Memerap sucks lmao go fuck yourself, rapfag.
>>
Angel Duster is the best track on the album t b h f a m.
>>
>>60602722
I second this
>>
>>60602670
It's not brag rap that I hate, but the way RTJ pull it off is terrible. It's like they expect to be taken seriously, that's how the lyrics are written, but you can't take them seriously. Killer Mike just doesn't strike me as a menacing guy, just a fat fuck. I like Biggie though.

I do listen to DOOM, Kanye, Kendrick but as for "ignant" hip-hop I love Future, Rae Sremmurd Fetty Wap, Waka, etc.
>>
File: _20151125_144323.jpg (30 KB, 1078x260) Image search: [Google]
_20151125_144323.jpg
30 KB, 1078x260
>>60602358
Those rating Jesus Christ
Easily the most overrated artist of the decade
>>
>>60602763
>"ignant" hip-hop

i often wonder what would college radio rap fans think if they discovered that one member of their precious duo was not ago this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwA5fufX80Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8ebgiI-x8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nHji0N-jc
>>
>>60602763
I dislike most of those rappers you named.
El-P and Mike seem like cool guys to me and I think their raps, while having a political edge to them, are not that in your face like with other rappers. Even if I did disliked their lyrics I would still love RTJ for the sick ass beats and the overall agression.

>>60602781
I don't see what's wrong.
Look at Kendrick and Kanye ratings, now that is overrated.
>>
>>60602358
because you're retarded
>>
>>60602680
>being this new
>>
>>60602358
It's good but it wasn't as good as RTJ 1. Which wasn't as good as their solo stuff.

It's very much a rap album people who don't listen to much rap adore. Like the kind of people that are really into shit like Lil Dicky and Childish Gambino.
>>
>>60602857
Been here for over three years and never seen this greentext
>>
>>60602654
>omg goals af
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.