[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long can Paul McCartney pretend that he likes Dave Grohl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: pmdg.jpg (97 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
pmdg.jpg
97 KB, 630x420
How long can Paul McCartney pretend that he likes Dave Grohl?
>>
Did Kurt even like Dave? I seem to remember a story about him getting beat up or laughing down a foos song but I'm not sure
>>
>>60555073
Macca is the nicest person on earth, he's probably fine with him, even if he knows he's a talentless hack
>>
>>60555093
I don't think I've ever heard that. I've heard that Grohl was afraid of showing his music to Cobain, because he *was afraid* he would laugh at it.
>>
>>60555124
>>60555093
I know Grohl said Krist was really close to Kurt, but he didn't have that kind of relationship with either of them.
>>
>>60555192
Obvi. He was a hired gun.
>>
>>60555093
i really doubt kurt ever beat anyone up or said anything outwardly mean. he was a beta pussy
>>
>>60555261
Cobain was incredibly pretentious, he probably would've laughed at the concept of a Grohl song on a Nirvana album and told him to go listen to more Jandek or something

Besides he had the "rock god" complex and wasn't very smart
>>
>>60555073
i like this thread to ve honest
>>
>>60555360
scentless apprentice was on in utero tho, which is a grohl song
>>
>>60555261
He was always talking shit about other people's music.
>>60555442
>scentless apprentice
>a grohl song
don't make me laff
>>
Paul McCartney, state funeral or no? Kind of feels like he deserves it. At least a day of mourning or official Queen's statement or something.
>>
>>60555495
the riff of it was written by grohl at least
>>
>>60555536
says who?
>>
>>60555558
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyBoJ4zo3mU

the drumbeat and the riff, apparently
>>
>>60555558
says the band themselves you cunt faced shit knob
>>
>>60555536
And then Collective Soul ripped it off for "Shine". Guys, he may be onto something! Kurt would never let that happen! That's all Dave!
>>
>>60555580
>in utero marked to debut of Dave and Krist as co-songwriters

But SLTS was credited as co-written
>>
>>60555591
It sounds nothing like shine.
It's typically said that shine was a rip off of Drown by SP
>>
>>60555510
Don't all MBE's get that?
>>
>>60555621
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smells_Like_Teen_Spirit
>Cobain made the band play the riff for "an hour and a half." In a 2001 interview, Novoselic recalled that after playing the riff repeatedly, he thought, "'Wait a minute. Why don't we just kind of slow this down a bit?' So I started playing the verse part. And Dave [started] playing a drum beat." As a result, it is the only song on Nevermind to credit all three band members as authors.
>>
>>60555360
Grohl sings on Marigold
>>
>>60555635
Not the whole song. The riff before the chorus is a carbon copy of Scentless Apprentice.
>>
>>60555073

is this new?

yeah im sure kurt could perceive quite clearly
the character flaw that dave has that makes everything he do sickening
>>
>>60555261
he was a beta, but he was still relatively the alpha of that band by a mile
>>
>>60555646
>>60555621
>>60555580
What kind of cunt takes credit for writing everything a band does? A band is a band. You're a band. Fuck.

Obviously this isn't unique to Cobain but it's fucking retarded. Egotistical as fuck.
>>
>>60556784
He was the singer. You have to be quite the dipshit to not retain the alpha position whilst being the singer in a band, even if you're not an alpha in real life.
>>
>>60556784

because of his sensitive guy good looks
and artistic talent...
duno about socially though.
>>
>>60555093
courtney said (sang) in an interview with howard stern that kurt hated dave
>>
File: michael jackson.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
michael jackson.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>60555360
>he probably would've laughed at the concept of a Grohl song on a Nirvana album
He was really impressed when he heard Dave's demo tapes (which Dave kept a secret) and was relieved that he wouldn't have to be the only songwriter in the band anymore. He really loved Exhausted and Alone + Easy Target in particular, but was too shy to ask Dave if he could write new lyrics for them. Dave's original song on which Kurt didn't even play was a b-side on the Heart-Shaped Box Single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKyCv2VZW2w

>>60556866
Kurt hated everyone by the end. He didn't even get along with Krist by the end, his oldest friend. Pat was his only friend. Courtney loves attention and hates Dave, of course she would say that. I like Courtney and I'm not a conspiritard, but she also said that Dave tried to hit on Frances Bean inappropriately and Frances came right out and said she had barely even met Dave in her life. Courtney loves attention, of course she would say that.
>>
>>60556801
because he did pretty much write everything
this was a big issue post-Nevermind and i think into the recording of in utero because the other two didn't contribute and he wanted sole credit aka all the monies which dave and krist obviously had a problem with
>>
>>60556866
It's Courtney mate, she's always full of shit on everything
>>
>>60555555
>>
>>60555073
How long can Paul McCartney pretend that he is Paul McCartney?
>>
>>60558611
this. sooo much.
everyone knows lennon was the mccartney of the beatles
>>
File: great.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
great.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
Daily reminder that Chad Channing made millions off of crashing a cymbal twice on "polly"

kek
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.