[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
List the Hopsins of various genres Emo Revival: The World Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
List the Hopsins of various genres

Emo Revival: The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die

Post Hardcore: And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
>>
You mean like "a laughingstock because they take themselves too seriously"?

90s alt rock: Tool
>>
>>60553728
Precisely. Tool is a prime example.
>>
>>60553699
>The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die

But I like them :(
>>
Hip-hop : Hopsin
>>
>>60553783
Re evaluate your life
>>
>>60553783
>>60553853
Don't listen to him anon don't let anyone tell you what you shouln't like
>>
>>60553783
They are tumblr the band
>>
Pop
>Pentatonix
>>
>>60553699
>And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead
why?
>>
>>60553741
There's way worse than Tool. Plus for a prog band they're actually amazing.

If they just stopped on Lateralus and one of their members were killed they would be cultural legends. I mean honestly their first 3 LPs were amazing.
>>
>>60553914
When you're listening to Tool, just remember that they're not like other bands. Their music is incredibly artistic, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand them. I remember listening to a song on Lateralus (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought a song was absolute bollocks during the listen. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the song had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Tool could just become something so different when you take a look into the music.

Another thing you should note about Tool is that it's easy to get a headache listening to them. Not because they're a bad band, but because of how many ideas their music is riddled with and how complex they are. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and give it a listen the next day.

If you don't like the music, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lyrics, and picking apart the song itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.
>>
Another one - Post Rock: Slint
>>
90's pop punk: NoFx
>>
Progressive Rock - Kansas
>>
>>60553783
I still like them despite all the shit they get. Then again, I feel like I have nothing in common with most people on here or irl anyway.

TWIABP has a sick drummer, especially when he decides to go free jazz (which happens more live). Their guitarists have good taste. I met one of the guitarists while I was working at a drum shop and I saw them live. I also bonded with three close friends through the band. Never had a tumblr acc or reddit or any shit like that.

You gotta realize people operate on stereotypes and generalizations in here. Most people don't move past that and end up becoming fat and delusional adults. Stay strong my son.
>>
dance punk: does it offend you, yeah?
ambient: helios
>>
>>60555301
holy fuck I went full out passive aggressive autist just now
>>
>>60554088
i think you mean explosions in the sky
slint practically invented the genre
>>
classical: lindsey stirling
>>
File: hunterhendrix.jpg (66 KB, 580x870) Image search: [Google]
hunterhendrix.jpg
66 KB, 580x870
>>60553699
Black Metal: Liturgy
>>
>>60555669
Classical: David Garrett
>>
>>60553928
Is this pasta?
>>
>>60553728
>>60553741
I listened to Lateralus for the first time last week and I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>60553728
they just seem like they're taking themselves serious. they know they are fucking pretentious and I bet they love seeing people eating that shit up believing it's all for real. I mean, tool is a slang word for dick for goodness sakes
>>
source tags & codes is a great album 2bh
>>
>mars volta
>every "experimental" genre
>>
>>60553783
>tumblr the band
>>
>>60553783
They are a great band IMO, their first few EPs are fucking amazing
>>
Earl Sweatshirt and Hopsin are on the same level desu
>>
>>60560237
Nah Earl's a decent rapper.

Hopsin has absolutely no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>60553728
>>60553741
in what sense has tool taken themselves too seriously?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.