[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 22 and still havent gone anywhere or done anything with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Nuclear_eyes_pepe.jpg (84 KB, 750x709) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear_eyes_pepe.jpg
84 KB, 750x709
>tfw 22 and still havent gone anywhere or done anything with my music or art

>Hey anon what do you want to do with your life
>Uh either something with music or something with art, hopefully it will come together soon
>O-oh haha c-cool

jesus christ nobody is going to want to be around me, im gonna be like that one kid in high school who wanted nothing more than to be a rapper
>>
>>>/r9k/
>>>/adv/
>>
>>60550549
/mu/ is basically both those boards combined with a general focus on music you weeb
>>
>>60550524
Hey,look at the bright side. you can always join us failed musicians and artists in Graphic Design!
We literally never get laid
>>
>>60550524
dumb frogposter
>>
Get back to the lab my dude, everyone here is a failure, the champions are busy working, 22 is young as fuck, stop whining and embrace struggle

>not that you even have real struggles in your life
>>
>>60550524

lol every 22 year old wants to do "art"

get over it
>>
>>60550597
all of my friends are in enviromental, biology, pr cs fields. They probably think im retarded for going after art
>>
File: horse laughter.png (235 KB, 505x464) Image search: [Google]
horse laughter.png
235 KB, 505x464
>>60550524
>be me
>convinced my music is good
>don't go to college
>music goes nowhere
>shitpost about it on a krygistinian robotics forum
>>
>>60550633
well that's because you are
>>
>>60550524
>tfw 28 and just picked up a guitar for the first time this year
>tfw music is the only thing I enjoy but I know nothing about it
>tfw NEET that lives at home
>>
>>60550689
so are all musicians and artist equally retarded?
>>
>>60550722
play that thing nigga in 2-3 years time you might be able to sing some shitty folk songs at a bar for cash.
>>
>>60550746
no just you
>>
>>60550689
>Hurr muh STEM degree is gonna git me employed

why do underage kids think its okay to come here and put their input into everything
>>
>>60550813
butthurt music/librul arts student detected

fuck outta here with your >muh stem meme
>>
>>60550875
butthurt stem student detected
>>
>>60550902
>i have nothing valid to say so i'm going to try and start a stem vs non-stem flamewar

nice try
>>
>>60550813
Awwwww. Someone's defensive of their lib arts degree. Face it, unless you're from a top-tier institution, well-connected, or remarkably gifted (what am I saying? of course you are, you precious little thing) you'll end up working outside of your field for a soul-sucking corporation doing bland bureaucratic nothings for the rest of your life. Unless you decide to get a graduate degree. In which case you'll waste half a decade of your precious youth on a thesis that nobody cares about, after which you'll be paid slave wages as adjunct faculty while your dream of becoming tenure-track slowly dies.
>>
>>60551162
don't reply to him, stupid
>>
>>60551162
>implying you wont be a wage slave regardless.
>>
>>60551162
williams english degree = wallstreet
your community college's CS degree = doing sys admin work for your neighborhood's music school
>>
>>60550777
how many years to learn play piano in a bearable tier?
>>
>>60551231
>>60551234
maybe STEM majors are fucking retarded because they always reply to this terrible b8
>>
File: 1445996263370s.jpg (2 KB, 103x125) Image search: [Google]
1445996263370s.jpg
2 KB, 103x125
>>60551162
fucking kek, do you legitimately think that this is how stream-lined life actually is? I dont have anything against stem majors or lib majors, the fact that there is even a debate between the two is fucking retarded in and of itself. In reality both degrees are fucking pieces of paper. A stem degree doesn't guarantee you a job just like an arts degree doesn't guarantee a job. The truth is the world is entirely fucked. The only sensible thing to do is be an entrepreneur, and do everything possible to make your way through life unscathed and unhomeless. The other truth is if you're a lazy cunt a stem degree wont do shit for you, just like if your a lazy cunt your art degree wont do shit for you. You have to go hard in whatever you do or your going to end up a stupid frogposter who spends 12 hours on /mu/ everyday.
>>
>>60551369
>A stem degree doesn't guarantee you a job just like an arts degree doesn't guarantee a job.

that's what finance degrees are for
>>
File: 1448165327779.jpg (48 KB, 302x756) Image search: [Google]
1448165327779.jpg
48 KB, 302x756
>>60551369
>stupid frogposter
rood
>>
>>60550746

just the ones who spent thousands of dollars to go to school for it
>>
>>60550524
well thats the thing about rappers. everyone always makes fun of them or tells them they cant do that shit, until suddenly theyre doing that shit making millions of dollars fucking models and touring the world.

either you do or you dont, faggot.
>>
>>60551238
2-3 years desu
>>
>>60550524
why cant you pursue something "safer" and continue your art on the side
>>
>>60553135
This. I'm planning to do this soon after I get certified in CAD. It's a living wage and hey, if the corporation sucks, I can complain all about it through some shitty no wave noise punk.

Also, make a friend who wants to do the same shit. If it's your best friend, you win.
>>
Plenty of people have started later and became successful. Its the ones that bitch on internet boards instead of working that dont make it
>>
>>60553762
This tbqh, Dan Lopatin, Basic Channel, Nancarrow, the list goes on.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.