[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My computer is having problems with its audio. Everytime I turn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: e5400.jpg (276 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
e5400.jpg
276 KB, 1024x768
My computer is having problems with its audio. Everytime I turn the volume up over 14 it gets this weird reverb in the headphones or speakers, and it gets louder and louder and more abstract and harsher with each time the volume goes up. It has made listening to music on this thing impossible.

I was gonna get it repaired but I would be willing to sell it to someone that likes harsh noise. It's sorta like having tinnitus if everything is echoing and also like you're being run over by an alien steamroller, if I had to give it a description.

It's fucking annoying, but I'm not a harsh noise fan, so let me know if you're interested in buying.

>Pic related, that's the model
>>
What are your headphones?
>>
You have a mic or something you can record it with or something? That sounds pretty interesting.
>>
File: 1445070464598.jpg (29 KB, 354x347) Image search: [Google]
1445070464598.jpg
29 KB, 354x347
>>60544034
baka
>>
File: 3122Iz+1EWL._SX425_.jpg (8 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
3122Iz+1EWL._SX425_.jpg
8 KB, 425x319
These are the model, but it doesn't matter because it happens with every pair of headphones I use, no matter the quality. It also happens when I just use the computer speaker (not when I use a bluetooth speaker, however).
>>
>>60544000
make sure somehow the microphone isnt being monitored. Could it be feedback?
>>
>>60544248
It could be, I'll check. It sounds like feedback.
>>
>>60544248
this. your description sounds exactly like the feedback i get, especially the
> it gets louder and louder and more abstract and harsher

the first few "waves" aren't too loud, but it's like the volume & distortion have some sort of exponential growth, so if I don't shut it down in a couple second, it's already going at full blast on the earfucking
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s12CmlnY9xsP

Here's what it sounds like, though this recording doesn't do the harshness any justice.It gets fucking harsh.

>>60544366

This is what it is. Any way to fix it?
>>
If not, could I be a harsh noise musician? I also like to do glitch breakbeat, so I could layer that over.
>>
File: true god.png (564 KB, 3105x3221) Image search: [Google]
true god.png
564 KB, 3105x3221
>>60544468
yup, that's feedback. fuck man. only thing I can suggest is trying out different headphones/earphones, or double checking what you have for your inputs & outputs, both hardware and software.

anymore i only get that problem when I'm recording something and turn stuff up too loud. small room, so i can only go so high.

>>60544485
>glitch breakbeat

eyy me too. SC?
>>
>>60544930
Nah, WA.
>>
>>60545061
whoops i shoulda been clearer on that. i meant soundcloud hehe, my bad.
>>
>>60545087
Oh, haha. Nah, I don't really have anything worth putting out. It really needs to be developed more.
>>
>>60545061
ayyy WAbro tho
where u at
>>
>>60545128

Usually live in Seattle, up in school at WWU
>>
>>60545186
oh damn you're quite a ways away

i live down in Shelton, i'm trying to move to Oly soon though
>>
>>60544069
dumb weeaboo
>>>/a/
>>>/c/
>>
>>60545224
I used to live not far from Oly, awhile ago. Oly has an alright music scene, I like the Tacoma one better. I'm still in a band with some guys in Tacoma, and we're trying to make some shit work. It helps if you're closer to Seattle.
>>
Go to mixer and mute all the inputs
>>
pls sample it and show us
>>
>>60545327

It was already posted
>>60544468
>>
>>60545352
thanks senpai
>>
>>60545314
Damn, that worked. I just turned down the Stereo mix. Thanks.
>>
>>60544468
sampling this
>>
>>60547273
Go for it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.