[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/noise/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
File: R-1055225-1203964087.jpeg.jpg (62 KB, 403x394) Image search: [Google]
R-1055225-1203964087.jpeg.jpg
62 KB, 403x394
kind spirits and warm sentiments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOb_gSFwUrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTdftB9p_BA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUbjfmPYku8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eca3_mqXIeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjHC3jCgT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK097Xoy2QM
>>
File: Cover.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
What're y'all listening to /noise/?

I'm doing my #harshnoisecoffee with pic related and some actually quality coffiee for once now that I'm home on break.
>>
File: 1436759029686.jpg (148 KB, 540x550) Image search: [Google]
1436759029686.jpg
148 KB, 540x550
i need the harshest noise you got
>>
File: 1388165858-cheap_art.jpg (191 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
1388165858-cheap_art.jpg
191 KB, 575x575
https://soundcloud.com/schizoidfreq/ketamine-you-fucking-junkie

Sharing my power electronics project and hoping for any and all thoughts or critiques. As I develop my collection of pedals, I'll hopefully be able to deliver more dynamic and interesting textures.

>power electronics
>lo-fi
>feedback worship
>>
>>60543041
this is fucking great. keep up the good work. love the vocals/screams.
>>
>>60543150
Thank you endlessly! I have some short HNW experiments and old drum tracks on the soundcloud currently, and I'm working on a concept album based around drug use and its effects on people I've known. I'll keep /noise/ updated! Please do give me your full and detailed opinions, thoughts, feelings and comments!
>>
>>60543041
I don't have a reason to bitch about anything on here. ppl need more druggy PE. But I think you aren't trying enough. I can understand most of the lyrics. Also shit is tad to long for my tastes
>>
>>60543311
Trying enough? Could you elaborate please?
Also, is intelligible lyrics an unpleasant thing for PE listeners?
And yes, I've strongly considered rerecording the track and snipping the length a considerable amount.
>>
>>60543311
Also, I would more characterize it as anti-drug PE.
>>
>>60542931
I saw The Rita/Cherry Point split mentioned in the past noise, pretty fucking harsh.
>>
>>60543452

not that guy but you should look into synths they're typically used with PE. if you dont want to spend too much on a new keyboard and just wanna try it out you could just pirate a DAW and try out some synths, you could even get a rockband keyboard and a midi to USB cord and that'll be less than 30 bucks.
>>
>>60543479
Not that person, but if you're gearing for a concept related project, I'd make it separate from your other stuff. Just me. I'd devise special imagery, titles, a logo, project title, etc. dedicated to that concept and then release something as a whole on a separate bandcamp (that way you'd be able to include liner notes, imagery, whatever else you'd want to stick in there. It makes it more appealing as a conceptual release if it's a complete and comprehensively thought out package in my opinion.
>>
>>60543479
I was joking about that not trying enough bit. But let's rephrase that. I can understand your lyrics so you aren't trying enough.
>>
>>60543737
Thank you for that insight. I'll definitely take it into account, and I am currently devising imagery and project titles for the concept work I'm producing.
>>60543736
Thanks, I actually have a DAW called Reason 8 which is quite the miracle worker when it comes to simulating actual racks and production materials. I toil further!
>>
>>60543808
I see, thank you. So in layman's terms, "once more with feeling?"
>>
>>60543932
If you feel that performance wasn't enough.
>>
>>60543949
Truly, honestly, I don't. It was more an improv jam with a half-written lyric sheet, and I do agree that the track needs fine tuning. I am very proud of my work on it, but the current iteration will definitely be deleted to make way for a much more improved version.

Side note, I got an EHX Superego Synth Engine pedal recently and its uses for power electronics are endless. The amount of interesting textures I can produce through its use are enormous in magnitude. A beautiful machine, I cherish it.
>>
>>60543913

cool, ive never used reason 8 but i like computers you can do alot with them. you should also try some post production in ableton. you can still record some analog sounds and use that too, just have a variety of sounds and mix them together tastefully and you'll be set.
>>
>>60544018
>EHX Superego Synth Engine pedal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zkKJYx20Dg

where has this pedal been all my life lol
>>
>>60544071
IT IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. I've spent hours already just roaring into a mic and playing with the different, frozen textures the pedal can produce.
>>
>>60544037
Agreed. Thanks.

How does everybody feel about using Khoomeii Mongolian throat singing in power electronics? I'm slightly good at it and would like to incorporate the harmonies I've learned to produce into my noise, possibly as a sound source or added effect.
>>
>>60543041
I enjoyed this. I wish I knew more about PE so I could give you some thoughtful critique, but I don't, so I'll just say good job, keep it up.
>>
File: PE essentials.jpg (381 KB, 840x750) Image search: [Google]
PE essentials.jpg
381 KB, 840x750
>>60544140
Thank you very much! I give you this power electronics essentials chart, made by myself, as a gift. Do get into PE - it is a very emotive and powerful style of music and channels very visceral feeling.
>>
>>60544138
any sound goes as long as it fits or spectacularly doesn't
>>
>>60544177
Xern0n, are you here? Could we get the dedicated PE essentials chart onto the pastebin, and maybe somewhere along the line get the death industrial chart underway?
>>
>>60544200
Noted.

I've considered making a sort of ritual noise with my throat singing as a major sound source. Does this sound like an interesting idea?
>>
>>60544223

do whatever you want man, thats the beauty of noise.
>>
>>60544223
reminds me of one project from slav country. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P-e_0bt5jc
>>
>>60544177
>prurient
lol gtfo with that shit, cunt.
>>
>>60544177
>>60544205
huh, I thought I added it. Will do. I can't control when the DI chart will get started though, I'll leave that up to someone who knows the genre better than I do.
>>
>>60544302
yay, our savior of true way of PE came back.
>>
>>60544302
Well you are definitely the expert on what is objectively proper noise. However, that chart is a misnomer. That is power electronics music, which is related to, but distinct from, noise music.
You are an asshole.
>>
>>60544467
Admittedly with a tinge of death industrial here and there.
>>
>>60544302
dude, like 40% of the artists on your chart are related to prurient/hospital in some way
>>
>>60544177
Thanks for the chart, though as it turns out, I already have that exact chart downloaded. Thanks for making it! I am planning on getting into PE—at this point, though, all I've listened to is Whitehouse.
>>60544302
>>60544325
You people need to get a life.
>>
>>60544467
>you are an asshole
you are butthurt lol
>>
>>60544467
This guy's in every thread acting like a twelve year old, just don't reply.
>>
>>60544564
That gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling to be quite honest with you. I'm glad to have contributed to /noise/ in a meaningful and *respectful*
>>60544583
way.
>>
>>60544562

ignore that guy he's a troll
>>
>>60544609
I mean, I did save his chart, because it IS a pretty nice compendium of releases to have a look at, but his demeanor is, I agree, admittedly childish.
>>
>>60544639
i'm not trying to troll anybody. i'm just sick of cunts reccing bullshit like pulse demon, or fucking while you were out
>DUUUUUR MOVE YOUR BODY
fuck off cunt
>>
>>60544564
but he is the savior of PE cause he's up in his ass obnoxious guy whom everybody hates
>>
>>60544715
*wholly and fully ignored by one and all*
>>
>>60544706
18, polen, HARD PANNING because it's compilation of all of my heroes.
>>
>>60544706
>usa
lol

heres me
>18
>canada
>birdseed (proper noise)
>>
lotta dumb shit going down in these threads lately

i can only imagine how grim things are gonna get come december
>>
>>60544777
the usual i think.
>>
>>60544758
Poland? Awesome. I'm very interested in the Polish language. Language is a proclivity of mine, and Polish has such intensely complex grammatical structure. A daunting but tempting challenge. Perhaps I'll take it up once I've mastered Russian.
>>
>>60544798
Don't even bother desu. We have very small noise scene consisting of about 10 clubs throughout whole country and 12 artist who actually play live. One gig in a month is considered a success. Cut-up style is pretty popular in our country, you should definitely check out purgist and XV parówek. Don't know much about any full blown PE acts to be honest.
In my case I was once in a noisecore band as a drummer and had little math-industrial project which only played in our garage. Now he does white noise and I dick around with scrap metal, contact mics and pure data.
>>
>>60544997
no just kidding lol you're not autistic i am lol
>>
File: a3239465287_10.jpg (382 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
a3239465287_10.jpg
382 KB, 800x800
>Crowhurst - all major albums
>black noise, experimental black metal, essential

sample:
http://crowhurst.bandcamp.com

download:
https://mega.nz/#F!3VM2SQZb
>>
>>60544177
crazy, i had no idea that there is a noise compilation called neuengamme. i live like 10 minutes from the concentration camp i suppose it is about. downloading it right now. is anybody here an expert enough to say if there are good and active noise communities in northern germany/hamburg?
>>
>>60545153
crowhurst has his moments
the tape on chondritic sound is good shit

>>60545277
>just move to new york, they got some good shit going in there

the NY area is cool but the midwest is by far the epicenter of quality US(and i'd even dare say world) noise right now

and as lame as swallowing bile is i gotta admit to being enviable of the cunt's gf
>>
>>60545339
>is anybody here an expert enough to say if there are good and active noise communities in northern germany/hamburg?

gerauschmanufaktur, one of the more interesting recent tape labels, is ran out of osnabruck
aside from that i have no idea
>>
>>60544177
you seem to know PE, do you know any PE with emotional in the xiuxiu vein vocals?
>>
>>60542931
Government Alpha has some spastically harsh releases
>>
>>60545388
he's doing a collaboration with gnaw their tongues which is gonna be inzaaaane
>>
>>60545426
ah pretty cool, i know some of their releases. thanks.
>>
>>60545277
this dreamcrusher shit is fucking terrible, dude
sounds like combichrist with more distortion on top

here's some actually worthwhile NY noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vmEv3fPZPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAqjbOp8QCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6BaeNzPnU
>>
>>60546122
lol, none of their sets were even remotely violent except for ahlzagailzehguh but that was in 2009
>>
>>60546203
who gives a shit about violence? quality sound craft is all that matters

you're not one of those headbanger types who got into noise through death metal and grindcore because it's just "so brutal, bro!", are ya?
>>
>>60546282
>you're not one of those...

He's a child who has to use "lol" and shit in literally every one of his posts, so that's quite a possibility.
>>
>>60544706
Hole in the heart is best noise i've heard, as well
New York
>>
To spark of a discussion.
Do you think that noise is like ambient but harsher(I mean main focus is the textures) or end point of harsh music? Or both? Or neither?
>>
>>60546282
no. i liked jimi hendrix and pink floyd before i got into noise t b h f a m
>>
Bad thread, just like most of the others for I don't know, a month now.
Where did all these children that have been swamping and ruining /noise/ lately come from? And when do they plan on leaving?
>>
>>60546564

the list could go on
>>
>>60546666
>Where did all these children that have been swamping and ruining /noise/ lately come from?

/mu/, where do you think? The board is nothing but teenagers who flocked to 4chan for the next big meme, and /noise/ has reflected that lately as well. More undesirables migrated into these threads since they've been getting more "popular" I would figure.
>>
>>60546761
other anon. I know bitching feels good, but it contributes nothing
>>
>>60544706
Germany
probably something by Nihilist Assault Group

and now stop being such an ADHD-kid
>>
>>60546761
Yeah, the threads have had an easier time hitting the 300 post mark lately than they have in some time. Sucks how it seems like they actually had more decent discussion and a poster group more capable of holding a sensible conversation back when they struggled to just get to 150-200 posts before going bust and had the same 10-15 people posting in every thread.

The descent in quality happened awfully fast though, just back in September and October I think the threads were more often than not pretty alright.
>>
>>60546937

its really not that bad though, /noise/ has become something that i can rely on to add a little to my collection everyday. the constant mega and youtube links are wonderful.
>>
>>60546522
Some noise is similar to some ambient, but isn't it a generalization of both genres to say the main focus is on textures? Like with some ambient music, the focus isn't so much on textures but on blending into the background and on being calming. And there's noise music where the focus is on being as spastic and chaotic as possible. So I'd say some noise is like some ambient but harsher, but not always.
>>
>>60547097
It's consistently annoying seeing the same "lol REEL noise cunt", "tbhfam", "hurr hurr what's the appeal in noise no offense I just want to know", "entry level noise please" and BRR posts every fucking thread.
>>
>>60547179

thats true but like i said its such a good source of content now
>>
>>60547107
In my opinion regardless of harshness noise and ambient are quite similar. For example Venereology listened quietly becomes ambient and ambient albums listened LOUD AS FUCK are quite harsh(well every music is but ambient is special here, cause it usually lacks some typical elements of music).
>>
>>60547097
I preferred it when the usual discussion in these threads revolved around artists, labels, recent shows/recent purchases, random artist/label-related trivia and anecdotes etcetera, and I haven't been seeing a lot of that lately.
Just a lot of shitposting, bickering(of which I guess I am a part of now but eh), "persona posting" and all the other shit >>60547179 mentioned.
>>
>>60547286
Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, any music listened to quietly enough becomes ambient, but I can see how there's more similarity between ambient and something like Venereology or HNW played quietly than other genres played quietly, but it's still hard for me to see any similarity between ambient music and something like While You Were Out no matter how quietly that's played. Likewise, it's hard for me to see similarity between Brian Eno's Music For Airports and harsh noise no matter how loudly you play it. But then, I haven't actually listened to very much ambient music, so I really shouldn't be saying too much about this topic.
>>
lets get some proper european noise up in this piece!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1kwNFfC4w
>>
File: 1443785830202.jpg (504 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1443785830202.jpg
504 KB, 1440x900
If you guys need anything new to listen to...

woodygrant.bandcamp.com/album/schizo-spectrum-superstar

>Harsh Noise Pop
>>
>>60548078
you have a point. Stuff like cut-up doesn't really fit into my definition.
>hard for me to see similarity between Brian Eno's Music For Airports and harsh noise no matter how loudly you play it
trust me, I once played classical throughout fucked-up(fucked up to the point that no music was recognizeable) amp turned up to the 11. But I think think about different thing. In my opinion noise is very physical thing and ambient playing loud enough resonates with my body in a very similar way
>>
>>60544302
PRAPA EUROPEAN NOISE

>>60545153
Tonight is the night I listen to a Crowhurst album. I met Jay and he was really cool. Never heard his material though. Very excited, thank you!

>>60546122
Yellow Tears are so awesome. Newly made fan though via their show a few weeks ago.

>>60546522
I will add to this discussion. Ambient seems to be something you can kind of zone out to and come back without really missing anything. There seems to be an 'end' or 'purpose' for ambient, whatever the different feelings may be. For me (very subjective), noise is the soundtrack to an obsession. The degree of obsessiveness or content of the obsession is what differentiates the artists.

The wonderful thing about noise though is anyone can define it. Or not. For me, noise is what I imagine a menstrual cycle to be. It's a mood. It's a state of mind. Where as ambient 'gets' you into a state of mind. Anyone else think this way?

In short, one is sort of a tool the other is a state of mind. I love both.
>>
>>60548398
damn, you put in words exactly what I was thinking about noise in general. It's like that feeling when a noise wall hits you for a first time and you don't have patterns to behave in that sort of place so you are just staring straight without a single thought.
Pretentious? I don't care
>>
>>60548526
I'm glad. I actually took the menstrual cycle analogy from Dom, he said the opposite though "It's not a mood".

>Pretentious?
I think not because the obsessiveness defers to any sort of hierarchy (in my mental map), ergo it cannot think of itself as more important than it is because there are no levels of importance.

>>60548341
I don't disagree with you on volume. That said my melon starts doing two different things when I listen to William Basinski or Thomas Köner versus Macronympha or SICKNESS, volume aside. The two (four) have a different 'kind' of sound with different 'qualities'.

The sonic palette of THE RITA is already visceral when played at a softer volume. I think loudness is used as a 'tool' also. Some artists may overcompensate with the use of volume and not focus on the 'quality' (I am not using this word the way you think I am) of sound.

One more note I would like to make about noise is that there is no nostalgic connotation. You hear a pop song and the aim of such songs is to bring you back to a memory be it experienced or non experienced. This is not the aim of noise. Not even from a marketing standpoint but a sonic one, the way most harsh noise is "structured" does not allow for such connotation, as such your melon responds differently.

Okay fuck enough typing, I'm putting on CROWHURST

>Did not proofread what I typed
>>
File: cover.png (180 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
180 KB, 800x800
https://industrialhydrophobia.bandcamp.com/album/riaand-maltio-eth-ufodntaoin-fo-ym-feil

New release. Love it? Hate it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCy1jil_HH0

all my latinos elbows up ay wey wey
>>
>>60545153
post the link properly for fuck sake
>>
File: THE RITA:THe CHERRY POINT.jpg (64 KB, 480x296) Image search: [Google]
THE RITA:THe CHERRY POINT.jpg
64 KB, 480x296
THE RITA/Cherry Point Split is so fucking good. I don't know how this one slipped my mind for while. Instead of the RITA crunch, you get more of 'spit' and 'squeal' from the wall.
>>
>>60551499
Forgot trip

>>60551496
I would have gladly listened if there wasn't a decryption key. Plenty of other stuff in my backlog with less effort.
>>
File: R-402266-1108597203.jpg.jpg (42 KB, 292x289) Image search: [Google]
R-402266-1108597203.jpg.jpg
42 KB, 292x289
IT'S ONE WEEK TIL NBND!!

how are you guys planning to spend it? it only comes once a year senpai!

any compilation/boxsets being marathoned?
any charts being made? throw em up
you planning on going through strictly new records or old favourites or both?

also big shoutouts to the guy who bigged this up a couple threads back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edSMiZg1OWY
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 195x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 195x180
>>60553126
i'll celebrate doing what i'm doing now, rebuilding my 518 GB library lost in the beginning of october

surprisingly i'm already at 213GB, feels good to have done so much.

As for releases I'm currently waiting for my Grim, Sion Orgon and the pre-order of Genocide Organ's new album.

Maybe I'll finally buy that reissue of Vivenza's fondements bruitistes, it comes with a version of Russolo's manifesto.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.