[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album isn't that good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: psychocandy.jpg (92 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
psychocandy.jpg
92 KB, 800x800
This album isn't that good
>>
>>60469279
You're not that good
>>
It's just shitty jangle pop with noise on top
>>
listen to it again in two months. that's what i did and i love it now
>>
is shit
>>
I didn't enjoy the jangle + noise combination, but I do appreciate it for being influential to shoegaze.
Also, they led me to experiment with just two drums, you can do a lot with just a kick/low tom and snare in various patterns.
>>
>>60469480
>baby cock
>>
>>60469279
agree
>>
Darklands is better
>>
>>60469279
disagree
>>
>>60469932
+1
>>
just like honey is at least 10x better than any other song on the album
>>
the best songs are Something's Wrong, My Little Underground, and You Trip Me Up

it was my favorite album when I was 18, and it was the perfect album for what I was feeling then - it combines this icy, numb isolation and pessimism with complete catharsis and aggression of the blasts of noise
it was the perfect halfway point between the noisy, anti-social rage bands (Einstürzende Neubauten, DNA), the empowering "fuck you" optimistic bands like The Stone Roses, and the enigmatic, depressing alt/indie bands like R.E.M. and Rites of Spring.
It led me to the bands I would get into later, from SPK to Fugazi to The Wedding Present, and even stuff I'm into now, some 8 years later, like Grave Babies and Algiers

I don't think any album has been more significant in my musical development, even though I rarely listen to it nowadays, I guess since I don't feel so icy and depressed anymore
>>
>>60469279
I didn't care for it either.
>>
>>60469279
Perhaps if you drink some really good beer, drop some good acid, smoke some good pot, and just open your mind, allow yourself to get lost in the music, and listen to it objectively, you might change your mind.

Then again, I could be wrong........
>>
>>60471232
You're an idiot
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.