[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FL Studio VS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: dragon dildos_oh boy.jpg (18 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
dragon dildos_oh boy.jpg
18 KB, 290x174
Whatever else out there

What is it about FL studio that is the "meme" of music production?

Why does /g/ hate it for being more simple? Is it just me or do people just like over complicating shit now a days?
>>
Live, Pro Tools, Logic, the list goes on
>>
File: ShibaInu_hero.jpg (77 KB, 1216x668) Image search: [Google]
ShibaInu_hero.jpg
77 KB, 1216x668
>>60453517
FL started out as a simple drum pattern editor by the name of Fruity Loops, which led to it being treated like a toy until around v8, when it became one of the most beginner-friendly full-fledged DAWs in the market. The fact it's easy to use and generally cheap scares the hell out of its competitors because they want the home studio market too, especially Ableton Live, so they try doing guerilla marketing to counter that. One example is the whole "sound engine sounds bad" myth, when the same audio/VST will sound the same if exported from any of the major DAWs because it's just summing up audio data.

Picking a DAW based on what marketeers have to say without any evidence rather than how it suits your workflow is preposterous, but newbies don't know better and the smear campaign affects them. I make a living off producing on FL and have no intention to switch DAWs. It wasn't the first I worked with or can use competently, but I like the way I work in it and that's what made me decide to keep it as my main one.
>>
>>60454297
>ableton
fuck me that shit is incomprehensible, Logic and FL are waay better desu
>>
>>60453517
Cubase is good, and the new version of Cakewalk Sonar looks really nice as well
>>
I use Logic. Someone tell me why I'm stupid.
>>
>>60453517
i mean if you're just making music for kicks. doesn't really matter at the end of the da.

if u tryna make a living. pro tools andableton is the industry standard. fl studio is still used in the trap scene and edm a bit. but ableton is king right now
>>
>>60454345
I also use logic friend
>>
>>60453517

Hating FL is a meme
>>
>>60454345
You're stupid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>60454393
this t b h
>>
Who are some well-known producers who use FL Studio other than Hudson Mohawke
>>
>>60454433
BILLAIN, Madeon, Savant, Martin Garrix, Deadmau5, Porter Robinson, Avicii, 9th Wonder, Ronald Jenkees, Camo & Krooked
>>
>>60454455
Wow other than 9th wonder that's a pretty garbage list
>>
>>60454487
wew lad

you just couldn't miss an opportunity to not be a total pleb huh
>>
>>60454433
Arca and Metro Boomin
>>
And at the end of the day, nobody really cares what daw is used as long as the shit you make kicks ass
>>
>>60454509
Don't Brit speak me about some shitty jumped Up Electro
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.