[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/daily/ - "encourage discussion and minimise the shitposting"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: 1445438968292.jpg (212 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445438968292.jpg
212 KB, 1000x1000
It's the 2nd of October

The point of these threads, is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to, and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

We track our progress using calendars, which we fill with the albums we listen to on each day and a rating of some sort for all of them. There are templates in the following posts. We encourage you to write the albums' titles and the artists' names somewhere on your calendar. We don't have any tools for creating these calendars, we use simple image editing softwares. You can predetermine a schedule for a month or you can report back on whatever album you randomly picked every day. Many of us make our schedules interesting in various way, popular ones being genre restrictions, new releases, and recs from the /daily/ community.

We had a plug.dj room, which we used to shitpost for a little while. It's now forever empty, so if you want to spend a little time there, it is too late. You can find the temporary substitute here though:

>https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel

no one should really be able to start the threads, but usually one of /daily/'s dedicated trips starts them anyways.

We encourage you to start it, just be sure to use the standard OP.

Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random shit:
http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

Most importantly, get taste
>>
File: R-2673118-1295972859.jpeg.jpg (9 KB, 269x300) Image search: [Google]
R-2673118-1295972859.jpeg.jpg
9 KB, 269x300
>>60347132
This album was pretty fantastic
Reccing to anyone who wants a good EAI/drone album to listen tio

:)
>>
File: YrXbtSE.jpg (388 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
YrXbtSE.jpg
388 KB, 1803x1351
2nd for shibe
>>
File: pizza kids we like pizza.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pizza kids we like pizza.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
I was listening to Colour Green and loving it and then I got sidetracked by pic related and Alien Rap. I feel ashamed of my decisions.

>>60347158
seconding.
>>
File: 1447381080196.jpg (295 KB, 1448x1448) Image search: [Google]
1447381080196.jpg
295 KB, 1448x1448
hijacking first posts
Can someone help me find this album
(Not On the Beach)

Has a font very similar to the "On the Beach" on this cover (but it was in red), it's a self titled, i think it started with an A, and the album cover was like a tropical hillside or something and i think there was a track with the word "Lasers" in it
Can someone help????
>>
File: duo.gif (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
duo.gif
27 KB, 500x500
>>60347291
Closest thing I can think of is Desertshore and that doesn't quite fit

By the way, anyone have a link to this album? Been dying to listen to it and it's not on the archive

>>
>>60347132
>It's the 2nd of October
Fucking LIES, OP. Not in my town, it's not.
>>
File: Anywhere.jpg (823 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
Anywhere.jpg
823 KB, 625x625
>>60347291
NEVERMIND
>>
>>60347334
Well most of /daily/ operates from one of many times zones of the Soviet Union where it is perpetually the second of October.
>>
>>60347324
>obscure improv cd
>cover is doodling on a yellow background
fuck you're bringing back memories of my old hometown record store ;_;
>>
File: sarco'fago.jpg (39 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
sarco'fago.jpg
39 KB, 350x350
hellscape morphing wildly.
>>
>>60347517
In what way?
Sorry, I don't quite follow

>>
>>60347650
nah it's just i remember always finding really cool stuff in the experimental cd section of my store. lot of it was obscure improv, but one in particular turned out to be a great, silly jazz pop record with a cover similar to that.
>>
>>60341427
lmfao
>>
Dead Kennedys- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
This is one of the most seminal releases in hardcore punk, and it's easy to see why. The album is a mix between faster <2 minute songs and somewhat slower 3 minute songs. both sides have a medley of sorts of a bunch of slow songs, with side As being more political while side Bs is a group of dark humor morbid songs like I Kill Children and Funland at the Beach. The group's strongest aspects however, are surf rock influences, and Jello Biafra's unique voice. The songs that exemplify this the most are Kill the Poor, Chemical Warfare, Viva Las Vegas, Holiday in Cambodia, and of course, California Uber Alles. All in all, everything on this is good, but a lot of the short tracks are kind of forgettable and lackluster
3.5/5
>>
guys, i want to get into this whole making charts thing but i dont know how. i dont plan what new music im going to listen to in advance, i decide on the day of, and usually listen to more than 1 new album a day. what do?
>>
>>60349022
I think most people here listen to more than one album a day. A lot of us do charts to organize our backlog or to organize some albums based on a theme. However charts are unnecessary to post in /daily/, you can just talk about what you've been listening to lately or discuss with others about what they've been listening to.
>>
>>60349022
You can actually just Keep doing what you're going, then share your favorite, maybe add it t a chart that you post daily.
>>
>>60349022
Pretty much what Dams said. You can post a review (or just a short post about what you thought) about any album you listen to, but sometimes people take a bunch of recommendations or albums of a specific genre and put them all on a chart so it's easy to look back on what you liked and didn't like. That way, it's also easier for people to recommend you more stuff based on what you thought of the stuff on your chart!
Whatever you like, tho. The only rule here is to have fun.

[spoiler]and get taste [/spoiler]
>>
>>60349339
>>60349217
>>60349022
ok i think ive got this, thank you

this is every album ive listened to this month. dive and nada, as well as everything the 13th floor elevators did that wasnt their debut were pretty bad. i didnt like songs for the deaf but i dont think it was bad, just not for me. i really enjoyed angherr shisspa, gravity x, sink, going places and the united states of america. everything else i was pretty indifferent about.
>>
>>60349719
>Ask Questions Later
I feel you there. Felt like they put too much on one record. Shame, since the singles had me really intrigued (esp. $10 Bill).
>Super ae
aw. I really thought it was cool for introducing me to "glitch rock" as a concept.
>The United States of America
YES! Such a good record, maybe my second favorite from 1968
>>
I want an album that is edgy but still meaningful. Recommend me this album, please.
>>
>>60350301
what do you mean by edgy?
Like really dark lyrics? or something that tries to be shocking? or just really direct and aggressive?
>>
>>60350301
what do you mean by meaningful?
>>
I hate it when people brag about how busy they are, as though it makes them sound really important. Well, I HAVE been really busy, and am missing reading /daily/. Just sayin'. Back soon.
>>
>>60350301
yeah what the other two said. maybe Death Grips are the most general band that fit that description.
>>
>>60350301
Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park
>>
>>60347230
If you're still looking for some essential fingerstyle guitar, you should check out these as well:

>Bola Sete - Ocean
Sete is a Brazilian jazz guitar player. After meeting Fahey he started releasing solo guitar albums under Fahey's label. This is the most beautiful solo guitar album I've ever heard.

>Peter Walker - Rainy Day Raga
Walker's name is usually left out when discussing the essential artists from this genre, but this album is fantastic. Just like Sandy Bull Walker adds subtle percussion instruments to the background of his music. This album sounds a lot happier than most other albums in the genre.
>>
what's the best Busdriver album?
>>
>>60351366
He didn't say it has to be good as well, so this should work.
>>
File: 1353774707193.jpg (256 KB, 706x1024) Image search: [Google]
1353774707193.jpg
256 KB, 706x1024
Hi /daily/ folks.

Downloaded new albums from Rusko, Kurt Cobain (kek) and my favorite Norman Westberg. Gonna listen to them and possibly share my thoughts later.
>>
>>60352191
>Kurt Cobain
listening right now, let me hear your opinions on it when you've come to it
>>
>>>/trash/
>>>/soc/
Fuck off.
>>
>>60352878
:ok_hand:
>>60352889
;^)
>>
>>60352889
ok, bye
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-13-08-34-07.png (106 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-13-08-34-07.png
106 KB, 480x800
>tfw might get hired to be a part of the JFH staff

They sent me pic related a few days ago and even though it's not a paying position, it would be a dream come true to be able to source my opinions on Christian contemporary culture to a larger consumer audience than I'm currently putting forth.
Wish me luck /daily/, I've learned so much about critique just from observing all of you and even if I don't get the part I'd still like to thank you bros.

Link for anyone interested

>http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com//cdreviews/FlyingScrollFlightControl.asp
>>
File: second of october.png (2 MB, 1320x1320) Image search: [Google]
second of october.png
2 MB, 1320x1320
>Chrome - Alien Soundtracks
Freaky, scuzzy noise rock from back when noise rock wasn't really a thing yet. The songwriting isn't stellar, but atmospherically this thing does the right things, knowhaddimean? 7/10

>Deux - Decadence
Pretty pleasant pop music with some nice melodies, but goddamn it wears thin fast. There's just too little variation in terms of sounds, some songs become pretty indistinguishable from each other and in the end, it makes sense why these guys never released a full album (this is a comp); these songs are nice to play individually, but an album is too much. 5.5/10

>Marc Ribot Y Los Cubanos Postizos- The Prosthetic Cubans
Pretty fun afro-cuban jazz featuring Marc Ribot on electric guitar. It's mostly nice to have on in the background though, there's not a lot here that truly grabs my attention. "No Me Llores Más" is a rather fantastic track, though. 6.5/10
>>
>>60353646
>Christian contemporary culture
rifl
>>
>>60353677
we keep it 300, ayy
>>
File: RANDOM RYM1.jpg (643 KB, 1024x2600) Image search: [Google]
RANDOM RYM1.jpg
643 KB, 1024x2600
Sup you fags?
I didn't have time yesterday, but I'm back with yet another random album. Today's album is Rauchzeichen by Cochise, which appears to be a German folk rock album from 1979.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/cochise_f1/rauchzeichen/
Happy listening and don't forget to pan shit.
>>
>>60353757
Is there anything to christian culture that isn't just hating on fags and being a fucking bigot?
>>
File: Hampus.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Hampus.gif
4 MB, 500x281
>>60353791
Risk, occasionally

>>60353773
And so he pans; not because he has to but because nobody else will
>>
File: newplasticideas.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
newplasticideas.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
Also, I have started going through Le Meme Band's discog in a chronological order since I've missed out on some of their earlier stuff.

The s/t is pretty good, a lot less mature than their later stuff but its raw energy makes it a fun record nonetheless. Although it's not quite as nuanced as the rest of their stuff it quite clearly lays the foundation for their classic sound.

Fake Train's a bit spotty in terms of quality; Pure Pain Sugar, Gravity Slips and Ratbite do little for me but shit, when this album is good it absolutely rips ass. Valentine Card/Kantina/Were Are and Was or Is and Feeling$ Real are fucking mind-bending. I think Fake Train sounds best out of all Unwound records I've heard; it flawlessly balances noisiness and punch in a way the other records never quite manage to (though some come close).

Right now I'm listening to New Plastic Ideas and it sounds like a direct continuation of Fake Train's direction; noisy and furious but with a more abstract and mathy edge.
>>
File: 2015 backlogo.png (3 MB, 1008x1111) Image search: [Google]
2015 backlogo.png
3 MB, 1008x1111
>Scott Walker - Scott 3

Rather disliked this at first but as a few people in the thread suggested it's a grower.
My original criticism of there being indecisive moments on the album at which it feels like the music is a step away from doing something more playful and arty than it allows itself to go still stands but I don't find it as jarring as I did on my first listen.
Because of this however I find myself enjoying the moments more grounded in uncircumventing expectations melodies like in the track Copenhagen than the ones which are a bit less flowing and try and tip toe into something more progressive as in It's Raining Today or Two Weeks Since You've Gone. These I feel being in somewhat an awkward place of trying to satisfied too many different musical leanings at once.

Nevertheless it's an entertaining, at times somewhat moving listen and it's atmosphere is hard to dispute. Pretty baritone vocals and lounge like in the best sense of the word feeling, seems like it would fit perfectly somewhere in an old bond movie.
Will check out the rest of his output later for something that lacks the problems I have with this.
>>
>>60354226
satisfy*
also what should i listen to next
>>
>>60354270
>>60354226
mazzy star
>>
File: oxbow.png (1 MB, 1650x660) Image search: [Google]
oxbow.png
1 MB, 1650x660
So new OPN and new James Ferraro both out today.
I'll try to do them as soon as I can.

Also I was relistening to Oxbow - An Evil Heat
and now I wan't to post this pic here, since I don't see pic related threads anymore.

Those are pretty much my expectations everytime I see something tagged as Noise Rock.
>>
>>60354409
Love that pic. Listen to their other albums too, especially Serenade in Red and The Narcotic Story (which is their least noisy album, but also has the strongest tunes and is the most consistent)
>>
>>60354559
Yeah after I first heard An Evil Heat I added their whole discography to my backlog, I might do Fuck Fest this weekend.
>>
File: week 2.png (576 KB, 1950x500) Image search: [Google]
week 2.png
576 KB, 1950x500
Today, I listened to A Handful of Stars by Drudkh.
That albums illustrates well why some black metal purists go head over heels when it comes to clean production. In something with that sort of aesthetic, it can be a risky move.
And here, the risk both makes and breaks the album. On the instrumental side, everything works really well in part due to the well crafted sound of the album and the great impression of space it gives. Which brings the other point and the problem : when going for this sort of vast production, keeping the voices close and clean creates a contrast that is not exactly welcome.
Other than this, there isn't much to say, it's a pretty good album.
>>
>>60354409
listen to King of the Jews
>>
>>60353910
>Hampus.gif
O I am laffin
>>
I'm on day 2 of my listen to something an anon suggests daily routine. The first reply to this post decides what I hear next.

Heard on previous days :
Day 1 : 1989 (Ryan Adams)
>>
>>60355333
Bauhaus - In the Flat Field
>>
>>60353773
Did you find this anywhere? I sure didn't.
>>
>>60355388
Okay so I will be listening to this album today. Get back to you guys tomorrow.

Also I now am a namefag : rektboi.

I am glad to join this /daily/ community
>>
>>60355473
youtube
>>
>>60355478
yey, welcome, I'm looking forward to hear your opinion on it
>>
>>60355484
Didn't check there. Shameful tttt.
>>
File: backlog.png (3 MB, 1588x1857) Image search: [Google]
backlog.png
3 MB, 1588x1857
i was excited for fire on fire's 5 song ep given how much i had enjoyed their full length album and output of big blood but this fell short in comparison. it had some nice moments, but this really was forgettable.. some poor tracks like hagman mixed in with good tracks like liberty unknown.. not sure whether my disappointment with this album is linked to my enjoyment of their more psychedelic influenced stuff, but this seems really tame and uninspired for a group of people who released dark country magic and bleedin' hearts this feels really tame and safe . .

4/10

what to listen to next??????
>>
>>60355606
>what to listen to next??????
Coughs
>>
>>60355606
i repeated myself woops
>>
>>60355495
Yeah man, I'm excited to get out of my comfort zone and listen to something new but awesome every night
>>
File: images(5).jpg (26 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
26 KB, 554x554
If anyone wants to check out a cool underrated album from the electronic spectrum. Check pic related
>>
File: random thomas.png (2 MB, 1024x2600) Image search: [Google]
random thomas.png
2 MB, 1024x2600
>>60353773
>>
>>60355473
128 kb/s on slsk but yeah, I'm just gonna listen on youtube
>>
File: 1432154168207.png (17 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1432154168207.png
17 KB, 255x255
Mini reviews

>Norman Westberg - 13

Released today (although rereleased would be an appropriate term) is a 3 track EP I guess from the guitarist Norman Westberg. I bet everyone knows him because of what he did in Swans.

On his solo release, he delivers something closer to his other solo output and that is minimal ambient guitar playing. This one is dronier that the Music Only CD that I have. It's something completely different from his Swans output.

Pleasant, short and enjoyable. Nothing too special and not particularly memorable. Good for background chilling.

7-/10

>Rustie - EVENIFUDONTBELIEVE

Released by a post-overdose, drug-clean (apparently) Rustie, this album is sort of simple to describe. It's like if Lone's colorful haze merged with FlyLo's earlier material to produce this very psychedelic, shall I say, sound trip. It does sound very bright and light but my problem is that it just fades away. Just like the clouds on the cover. I bet it would sound fantastic if you experience your music under the influence, because it does seem really cool for that.

I was ok with it, but didn't particularly dig it. Rustie remains a 6/10 artist for me with some good singles.

6/10
>>
>>60355081
That's literally their worst album, stop sucking Scaruffi's shrimpy ass dick.
>>
File: listenalong schedule.jpg (101 KB, 326x500) Image search: [Google]
listenalong schedule.jpg
101 KB, 326x500
oh yeah, Are You Insanity, it's your time for listenalong choice tomorrow
>>
>>60356591
oh fvck
im not on the list :(
can yov pvt me on the schedule?
>>
>>60356260
yeah, I used to think that too, but then I gave it a few more listens
you'll stop being a pleb eventually
>>
>>60356656
no
>>60356676
no
>>
>>60356656
>schedule
>u
>>
Kalandra fel! is pretty crazy shit. I don't know how to describe it or give a score to it

>>60357015
fvck
now im not gonna delete it
whatever I slip sometimes
>>
>>60356656
no (yes)
>>
>>60356591
How does one get on these lists?
>>
File: a0552541456_10[1].jpg (565 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a0552541456_10[1].jpg
565 KB, 1200x1200
Cheese Brain Fondue: Live in Marseille (2015) by Terminal Cheesecake, recommended by Relgob

Numbing - tedious;
inane - embarassing;
dull -
totally useless recording

I'm so impressed that I got through to the end that I'm going to reward myself and buy tickets for youssou n'dour
>>
nice site tbrhwyp (tbrh (to be really honest) with you people)
>>
>>60357143
You have to be in the Illuminati.

The actual way this happened was Kanzler, I believe, asked a while ago if anyone wanted to participate in listenalongs. A bunch of people responded, and now there's a list.
>>
>>60357328
sadly it looks like the raid is over
>>
>>60357333
Oh alright, thanks
>>
Finally organized my thoughts on TPAB, will post review soon.
What's /blog/ doing?
>>
>tfw your mp3 runs out of space
>>
>>60357459
listening to >>60353773 and realizing how amazing it is to get big socks and have your feet stay warm :3
>>
>>60357459
Listening to Ekstasis for the first time. For some reason I thought it would be a lot more experimental than it is. I'll probably watch some netflix and do some work after that.
>>
>>60357459
listening to some whinny emo shit by some gvy who killed himself
>>
>>60357530
max is 320kps dude should've known
>>
>>60357143
what dam's said, but I can put you at the list if you want
>>60357459
literature research, it's annoying
>>
File: 2015-13-11--20-53-10.png (432 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
2015-13-11--20-53-10.png
432 KB, 680x750
Pan of the year right here famiglia.

>Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

It's time for Kendrick to make a reality check, to see where he is now, how he got there, what are his weaknesses and what he can do to fight them.

All the themes that he delivers in the album are found in the poem "Another Nigga" and in his last lecture to his idol 2pac.

Now Kendrick is a successful black rapper in America. This means risking to forget that he became famous by giving a voice to the voiceless, and to become another MC tempted by the success that is offered to him by companies only interested in his success.
He knows that, and he refuses to give himself to Uncle Sam and Lucy, he wants to do things in his way.

This can be found in the beats: forget bangers, trap music, dirty vibe; here Kendrick takes funk and jazz and combines them with strong g-funk and boom bap influences, to create some amazingly produced beats, that have a 90s gangsta rap vibe, thanks to some whistle synths a là Dr. Dre.
Even if I don't like the enormous amount of styles, since it makes it too confused, it's still an amazing beat selection.

Going back to the lyrics, Kendrick knows that he has done a lot of errors, too much errors. He hates himself because of this. He is depressed. What can he do? Where is the solution?
Maybe in his roots, where he grew up. In Compton.
Because even if he managed to leave Compton, Compton never left him.

An encounter with God, represented by a homeless man in a gas station makes he comprehend what Sam and Lucy are doing to him: making him egoistic, devoid of empathy.
Kendrick manages to free himself, by begging for forgiveness and being humble.

[1/2]
>>
>>60357907

[2/2]

From "Complexion" to "i" Kendrick finally knows what he is missing. And he explains it to us: it doesn't matter what color is your skin, what is your sex, in what do you believe, you don't have to try to have a reputation, you don't have to hate anyone, but just love everyone, and yourself.
I know, it sounds incredibly cliché, but this concept is delivered amazingly, by creative wordplay, complex songwriting and awesome lyrical skills.

The solution he was searching is going back to his roots, and break the circle that is destroying the new generations that are raised in Compton: making them comprehend that the key is the respect, to your gang, to an enemy gang, to everyone. Wesley's theory is the evil, everyone should be unite.
And it doesn't matter is he is only another nigga, because every nigga is a star.

It's useless to say that I appreciated a lot the messages on this album.
The delivery is also superb: Kendrick uses different type of voices to impersonate different characters in his story, and lyrics that only seems different are connected by an amazing logic, that is explained (not spoonfeeded) in the outro of "Mortal Man"

Kendrick is a new lyrical genius. You have a prove right here.

9/10

What next?
>>
>>60357283
Damn...
>>
>>60357884
I'm not even 20% as well versed as you guys. I'd really love to be added but I don't want to be hated if I suggest something below standard
>>
>>60357977
Forgot trip
>>
please go on synchtube, I'm lonely
>>
>>60357996
>/daily/
>standards
The worst that can happen is that one of us has already listened to the album, or maybe Hampus starts shitposting again
>>
>>60357926
>What next?
Suicide, you infantile hypelord.
>>
>>60357996
>imlying we are well versed in anything
and you have lots of time to get more knowledge, since the list is already set until april
>>
>>60358057
I don't have suicide on my chart, look better.
>>
File: bruu.png (2 MB, 1024x2600) Image search: [Google]
bruu.png
2 MB, 1024x2600
fuck homework (o.O)
>>
>>60358043
Ah man I'm just a newfag trying to broaden my musical horizons honestly. You guys seem chill as fuck with the obvious addition of knowing your shit.
>>
>>60357926
S U N
B A T
H E R
2 .2 .2
>>
>>60357999
>>60357977
yeah sorry I straight up hated this
>>
>>60358104
Ok will do
>>60358098
Yeah, we /circlejerk/ a lot.
Maybe you can ask recs to us, if you want to.
>>
File: MI0000128813.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0000128813.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
it had some good moments, some bad ones, mostly moments of 'meh' and in the end it balanced the rating ovt to a nevtral one. some of the arrangements are nice, and there's a good song in there bvt I don't like his voice or his lyrics almost all the time

4/10
>>
>>60358084
I don't always follow my chart either :^)

Anyway listen to Third Side of Tape soon, it's good stuff

>>60358143
His s/t is better anyway imoimo tbhtbh
>>
Heads up: last time I checked Sun City Girls on Spotify there were only a couple of tracks from compilations. Now there's a whole fucking buttload!
>>
>>60358123
That's ok. I completely disagree with your review but eh.
>>
>>60358090
>fuck homework

Now there's an attitude I can get behind!
>>
>>60358129
That's kind of what I'm doing honestly. I've decided to listen to a completely new album everyday. No genre restrictions. No artist restrictions. Just whatever an anon suggests. Just started yesterday. Will be doing my second album today ie ,
Bauhaus - in the flat field as rec by Kanzler
>>
File: dog and sn.png (1 MB, 1255x682) Image search: [Google]
dog and sn.png
1 MB, 1255x682
Machinefabriek - Marijn (2006)
>ambient

Nice soundscapey stuff. The more post-rock bits (specifically the piano work) are a bit hokey and overbearing, but its still really nice ambient. Soothing and pretty ethereal.

3.0-

4 LEFT
>>
>>60358223
SOUNDTRACKS

N O W
O
W

also drone me next pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease n w n
>>
File: happening.png (435 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
happening.png
435 KB, 1920x1040
>>60358280
it will be done

and yeah i'll drone you

CALLING FOR ANOTHER PERSON TO DRONE WITH TERMINUS
>>
>>60358369
my taste is too generic and pleb to drone

i hope u like Soundtracks though, is this the first time you've listened to it at all?
>>
>>60358369
me(me)
>>
>>60358420
yep, first time through

really long albums scare me, so that's why i've been put off it for so long.
>>
>>60358280
magus_the_sexy on rym?

>>60358421
smurmelade on rym?
>>
>tfw only got a B on cognition
:'^(
>>
>>60358468
ye
if you need more stuff i'll rerate more stuff I removed
>>
>>60358468
yes to both
>>
File: Term and S.jpg (1 MB, 1255x682) Image search: [Google]
Term and S.jpg
1 MB, 1255x682
>>60358496
>>60358505
you'll gonna get droned

s, i hope you don't mind if i went into yr 3.5s for stuff.

also you both have very similar taste which made it hard for me to decide what albums went on what side
>>
>>60358369
Drone me
>>
>>60359263
are yov hampy
if yes give me a list of like 10 albvms and I'll totally drone yov mate
>>
>>60358492
cheer up m8
>>60359211
there's some gr8 albums on it
>>60358369
so much anticipation
>>
>>60359211
>>60359211
i prefer monk's dream, or maybe alone in san francisco, idk if you've heard them or bright corners interests you more
and that cover you have of hole in the heart is the casette one, the one I've listened to and like is the 2009 cd remastered with bonus tracks
as for the 3.5s, they're stuff i dig though not favorites; i guess you could replace folkstorm and maybe dave bixby, here is some cool stuff:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/two_bands_and_a_legend/two_bands_and_a_legend/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/royal_stockholm_philharmonic_orchestra___leif_segerstam/symphony_no__1/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/esplendor_geometrico/el_acero_del_partido___heroe_del_trabajo/
or just take something else from my ratings, or not change anything
>>
>>60359211
name of albvm with fat vgly chick in the bottom left
>>
>>60359509
Bela Bartok - Violin Sonatas (Tetzlaff, Andsnes)
Arthur Honegger - The Chamber Music
Leo Ornstein - Complete works for cello and piano (Gordon, Hodgkinson)
John Cage - Sonatas and Interludes (Maro Ajemian)
Ornette Coleman - Skies of America
LSD March - Under Milk Wood
Hanne Hukkelberg - Featherbrain
Lars Hollmer - XII Sibiriska Cyklar
Pura Paku Alaman - Javanese Court Gamelan vol. I
Various Artists - Cry You Mountains, Cry You Fields. Traditional Songs & Instrumental Music from South-Eastern Albania

Not putting a few "daily-core" albums that I like such as We Insist! and also too little trad folk because my library isn't here and I honestly don't remember the names of most albums I like.
>>
>>60358098
>knowing your shit.

>>60358123
tfw u now kno u can't lose

>>60358468
Have fun, s- is neato to drone

>>60359649
>Bela Bartok - Violin Sonatas
aaaah yeah
>>
>>60359630
I'll make some of those changes mane

>>60359644
tr/st - trst
>>
starting random album in a bit

>>60358177
Roman Candle is where it's at you shit
>>
File: charlemagne palestine.jpg (30 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne palestine.jpg
30 KB, 500x333
>>60359678
yea i like drone
>>
File: 00daily.jpg (536 KB, 1312x1097) Image search: [Google]
00daily.jpg
536 KB, 1312x1097
Relistened to Mount Eerie twice, yup this is definitely in my top 20.
Building Nothing Out of Something was amazing too,kinda pissed at myself for only listening to their studio albums and ignoring everything else they did.
Ween was quite fun to listen to, which of their other albums should I continue with?
>>
wow what even is this
is lil ugly mane a big deal?
>>
Anybody else seen Brooklyn and/or Spotlight yet
>>
>>60360557
it's a good EP.
LUM is overhyped but good.
>>
>>60360123
listen to grouper
if you really liked what you heard, natural snow buildings
>>
>>60360601
I never heard of him before
anyway I feel like this cut ten minutes from the cloth of my memory and even now is selling it dirt cheap on a north african black market
>>
File: mortimer 0014.jpg (50 KB, 210x400) Image search: [Google]
mortimer 0014.jpg
50 KB, 210x400
>terrorist attack during a rock concert a couple kilometers away from where I am
this is surreal in the worst possible way
>>
>>60360708
Someone I know was at this concert. I'm currently in shock, unsure of the situation.
>>
File: ugly mane.jpg (950 KB, 897x897) Image search: [Google]
ugly mane.jpg
950 KB, 897x897
>>60360680
in a good or a bad way?
never seen the album cover of pic related?
>>60360708
damn, luckily Paris is a big city
hope you're doing okay though <3
>>
>>60360708
>living in FRANCE

you did this to yourself familiar...
>>
>>60360782
>almost went but didn't because broke
Between that and january, this place is turning into shit too quickly. Can't wait to leave as far as possible.
>>
>>60360782
have you heard from them? are they okay?
>>
>>60360796
in a good way
never seen that in /daily/ desu. like, what the fuck is going on there?
>>
>>60360817
The whole situation is getting worse and worse. This makes me so sad.

>>60360820
Just heard from them. They're ok. I'm so relieved thank god.
>>
>>60360893
it's a le quirky ironic album cover. but yeah, that album is a /mu/ meme, although he isn't too popular in /daily/.
>>
>>60360899
I feel for you guys. Good to hear your friend is safe
>>
>>60360796
>Paris is a big city
>considering where the shootings took place, the car the shooters used passed in my street
>they managed to get grenates in the Stade de France. Hollande-sama was here
>The world is big, this city is big, it's the third attack of this kind this year, not to mention some other similar events (smaller or aborted) in other towns
>things do get worse
>things fall apart
>the ride has not end in sight
[sweats profusely]
>>
File: RANDOM RYM1.jpg (730 KB, 1024x2600) Image search: [Google]
RANDOM RYM1.jpg
730 KB, 1024x2600
>>60361006
[sweats with u]
>>
>>60361006
holy fuck, amount of deaths has gone up to 60, more than 100 hostages? wtf man, shit's fucked up
>>
>>60361006
Almost makes me glad to live somewhere with a militarized police force and a government that spies on me.
>>
>>60361173
but france spies as well
>>
>>60361168
>>60361173
>rumors of another shooting in a museum
>in a fucking museum
>despite the massive surveillance that has just been set in the whole country and constant police alert
Time to leave.
brb, diaspora, getting a one way ticked at the end of the year, this is becoming ridiculous
[spoiler] is Kankerland somewhat safe? [/spoilel]
>>
>>60361006
I'm terrified of this kind of thing happening in Canada... All the best to you man. Stay safe ;-;7
>>
>>60361284
kankerland is perfect, come here, we'll have fun.
>>
>>60361284
Kankerland is safe, I hope it'll stay that way
>>
>>60361284
>is Kankerland somewhat safe?
as long as pic related won't get elected, probably. France is p. segregated afaik so it's more likely muslims radicalize over there, the segregation is not as bad over here

Alternatively though, just move to some small town where terrorists would never strike
>>
>>60360796
I never understood what's going on with his knuckles.
Third Side of Tape is far better anyway.
>>
>>60360708
>>60360782
>>60361006
>>60361284
fuck that's scary
stay safe friendo
>>
oh wow, they closed the borders
This is so confusing
>>
>>60361367
>just move to some small town where terrorists would never strike
I would if it was compatible wit hthe kind of job I'll be going for once I get the right degree. I might reconsider.
Not to mention that central France is the comfiest place I've ever known.

>>60361464
At least they are doing something this time.
About damn time.
Let's just hope it doesn't degenerate into overcontrol.
>>
>>60361367
Haha your pic is missing but don't worry, Geert will never actually get elected. (Otherwise I'll just go live with my parents in the us)
>>
File: calendar day 11.png (2 MB, 1660x1023) Image search: [Google]
calendar day 11.png
2 MB, 1660x1023
>Hiss Tracts - Shortwave Nights
>Drone, ambient, field recordings

Upon listening to this album, the first thing that struck me was how similar it sounded to Godspeed You! Black Emperor’s typical ambient section sounds; dark, low, atmospheric drones with guitar textures and string arrangements, field recordings of people talking about religion, and long as fuck track names. Much to my surprise when I looked up some context behind the band and the album, I learned that it was in fact, a GY!BE related project, although how closely linked they are, I’m not sure.
That being said, there’s not really much to say about this album other than that it sounds a lot like Godspeed. Most of the drones here are pleasantly textures and deep, and it definitely achieves a good atmosphere, as Godspeed and related projects are usually known for, but very few of the tracks here seem to progress in any meaningful way. Some introduce an idea or sound, linger for 3-4 minutes, and then fade out, leaving much to be desired for the development that can make ambient and drone *interesting* as opposed to just “nice”. “For The Transient Projectionist”, as well as a couple other tracks on here, have a pulsing ebb and flow to the ambience that would work quite well as an ambient interlude, but none of the tracks here seem to have enough substance to effectively stand on their own.

Overall: A good ambient album for background music, especially if you’re really into GY!BE. Other than that, can’t really say much,
jesus, this situation is so sad and scary ;___;
>>
>>60361785
>state of emergency has been put in place, letting the authorities set a local or national curfew and can go as far as halting the media
>more gunshots has been heard coming from the concert venue
>at least 23 casualties, possibly more according to some inner sources in the police
This doesn't feel real.
>>
File: wilders.jpg (23 KB, 384x264) Image search: [Google]
wilders.jpg
23 KB, 384x264
>>60361772
>Geert will never actually get elected
I doubt it more than the polls do, but still, with all the focus on immigrants and terrorism rn it's more likely than before. His biggest problem would be forming a coalition, but with Halbe Zijlstra fucking things up in VVD and making it lean towards the PVV it might become possible after all.
>>
File: teens of style.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
teens of style.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
quick review of what i've been listening to

Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Style (2015)
>lo-fi indie

I've always appreciated Car Seat Headrest for the sheer volume of sound and melodic genius he was able to achieve in his ultra lo-fi, DIY recordings. Sadly, a lot of the charm that was present in the original recordings of these songs is somewhat lost in these more polished, full-band recordings, and other than that these aren't exactly Will's best collection of songs. Except "Something Soon", which is just so good I can't stand it.

2.0+

This Paris situation is terrifying. Has an attack of this magnitude ever happened at a concert like this?
>>
That Paris thing is making me really sad. The numbers are terrifying.
>>
>>60363162
Yeah
what the fuck motivates someone to do something like this, especially in our day and age?
>>
>>60363240
religion
>>
>>60363240
I mean it is a very complicated question considering the Western involvement in Eastern questions but extremism is just such a stupid and dangerous thing. Then the whole religion thing in the Middle East is much much more complicated than people in the West perceive in terms of the shiites and sunnis so these events fuck up the overall approach to muslims as well. It's a never-ending circle of hatred really. Fuck that.
>>
>>60363162
they keep going up :'(
>>
File: slash daily slash.jpg (837 KB, 2005x1393) Image search: [Google]
slash daily slash.jpg
837 KB, 2005x1393
Just got done with Coil.
Really interesting stuff. A lot gloomier than I actually expected, and I'd definitely need to be in the mood to listen to it again. Probably gonna check out some more Coil when I get done with this chart.

How's everyone's day?
>>
File: goodnight daily 3.png (17 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
goodnight daily 3.png
17 KB, 426x364
>>60363625
110 to 140. It seems to stabilize.
Still too many.
>>
>>60363162
it's p heartbreaking, but frankly it's making me mad
We need another Crusade
>>
>>60363709
such a disregard for humanity

stay strong mortimer
>>
>>60360708
Stay safe man and same to >>60360782 and all the frenchbros, what a fucking shitshow

>>60363240
Some cultures are more prone to resulting in violence and violent people than others, its not muh race as /pol/ would like it to be but it doesn't come out of nowhere either as the other end of the spectrum likes to imagine.
>>
File: goodnight daily 31.png (18 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
goodnight daily 31.png
18 KB, 426x364
I'll try to go to sleep now.
Hopefuly I won't be in Paris for very long.
Thanks for the support brers.
>>
>>60364742
G'night man. Hope you're alright.
>>
>>60364283
>he believes in the culture concept unironically
>>
File: cobain moore.png (473 KB, 494x395) Image search: [Google]
cobain moore.png
473 KB, 494x395
>Kurt Cobain - Montage of Heck: The Home Recordings

This is a very interesting thing. It is also very difficult to approach in terms of evaluation.

On one hand, this is a very well-crafted audio version of what the Brett Morgan documentary did on film. In fact, I have heard a lot of the bits on here when I watched the movie. This collection of home recordings ranges from small 2-chord riffs with nonsensical lyrics to field recordings to pitched up/down spoken word pieces to just small spoken notes Kurt puts out for himself when crafting these demos. I’m a sucker for small lo-fi home recorded singer-songwriter stuff (Crush Songs from Karen O is a big favourite of mine) so I definitely enjoyed this. I thought the demos of Frances Farmer…, Sappy and She Only Lies were very precious, for the lack of a better word. The cover of “And I Love Her” makes you notice how much he actually took from The Beatles in terms of songwriting because it does fit on with the rest of the recordings well. It’s something really obvious, but a detail to point out nevertheless. Adding on to that influences list, I just have to point out how this whole project just screams Daniel Johnston to me. Mostly the way tracks form into each other. Oh, and Jesse Bernstein style on the spoken word tracks. This all I liked.
>>
File: 5857161.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
5857161.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>60364947
On the other hand, the deluxe version is really pushing it. 1+ hour for this is too much. I do understand that it was mostly made for the “die-hard” fans but still. The standard edition with the 13 tracks is just the right length (even though it doesn’t include the actual montage of heck). In addition to that, I am not sure how I feel about the whole “intrusion” aspect of this. It’s not like a musician who’s been dead for years cares about stuff like this, but I feel like a lot of it just wasn’t even worth including in. Beans? Scream? Just small interludes and cuts that don’t really do anything.

So I’ll say this. Get the 1 CD version if you don’t particularly care for the band and just want some good archival material that tries to capture Cobain’s songwriting core. If you’re a die-hard fan, get the 2 CDs. I liked it.

7-/10 (5+/10 for the 2 CD version)
>>
Stay safe.
>>
What are y'all listening to?

I recently remembered hearing Autumn in New York performed by Al haig when I was 14ish (my brother had it on some CD I think?) and decided to find what album it was on. So I'm currently listening to Esoteric by Al Haig. Still think that track is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPbTh2j0jYc
>>
File: killthechild.jpg (8 KB, 288x256) Image search: [Google]
killthechild.jpg
8 KB, 288x256
>>60365487
Currently listening to this.

Like A Drug sounds so fucking good live.
>>
>>60365487
relistening to Alameda 5 - Duch Tornada
I think it is going to bump up to *** for me
>>
>>60365487
Finishing Lucky Season 7 of On Cinema at the Cinema
>>
dog and sn.png
1 MB, 1255x682
THE BIG DADDY

Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind (1996)
>experimental rock, post-rock

Massive in every sense of the word. No two tracks sound the same, except for the underlying theme of dread and anxiousness. Even the more upbeat-ish tracks (like "Volcano") still sound sinister and dirgy in the full context of the album. And its really good, of course. But god, it does not need to be 2 and a half hours. I can only take so long of Gira /really/ sounding like Ian Curtis before I get at least a little sick of it. But, by the end I'm so entranced I don't even care. Great album, I wish I didn't put it off for so long.

3.5-
>>
>>60365715
P A N N E D
A
N
N
E
D
>>
File: yurga hinga dinder.png (3 MB, 1680x1757) Image search: [Google]
yurga hinga dinder.png
3 MB, 1680x1757
>>60365487
Hell Driver. It's nice. The first couple tracks had some pretty piano work, and now there's some concrete sound over this shingling drone.
>>
>>60365487
in bed with clifford brown
it's powerful comfy
>>
File: yurga hinga dinder.png (3 MB, 1680x1757) Image search: [Google]
yurga hinga dinder.png
3 MB, 1680x1757
Pretty sure this could have been greater. What an arc, more records should really take that into account.
>>
dog and sn.png
1 MB, 1255x682
Boards of Canada - Twoism (1995)
>IDM

This is actually the first BoC release I've heard in its entirety, and I'm pretty impressed. The sound here is very beat-driven, almost instrumental hip hop at times. But the catch here is that its pretty lo-fi and still mixed in with some ambient sounds, which are all pretty fuckin' nice. But I can only really commend "Basefree" and the title track, the rest is still good, but just not great.

3.0+
>>
>>60366306
You might like Music has the Right to Children.
>>
>>60366363
BoC Maxima >>> Music Has The Right To Children
>>
>>60366306
Humpty Bumpty.
>>
>>60366306
Whoops, meant to mention that you should hear MHTRTC
>>
>laptop got so bad i had to factory reset it
>now it overheats if i have over 2 tabs/processes open
>cloud won in the smash ballad somehow
everything is pain
>>
What's some late night study-core, family?
>>
>>60367534
I put Linux Mint on my shitty Thinkpad after having performance issues with Windows 10 and it performs much better than Windows did on only 2GB of RAM.
>>
File: Ironomi - Ironomi.jpg (578 KB, 1994x1994) Image search: [Google]
Ironomi - Ironomi.jpg
578 KB, 1994x1994
>>60367574
>>
could someone rec me some music to gloom to
today has not been my fucking day
>>
>>60367753
strictly ballroom
the antlers
>>
>>60367770
thanks
>>
>>60367594
Thanks for the suggestion. Ill try it if this still aint working tomorrow
Ill try and make up me skipping today's record tomorrow.
>>
Fuck, bump.
>>
>>60368925
You still up Dams?

Whats goin on man, hows life? what are you listening to?
>>
>>60369090
I'm doing well man. Was listening to some misc hardcore stuff, now I'm just watching Mad Men. Life is decent, could be better, could worse.

What're you up to? How's life? How's math? How's music?
>>
>>60369196
What kind of hardcore stuff? And how is mad men? i stopped watching after the first couple seasons but i hear it gets gud.

Right now, I'm sitting in my dorm trying to write an english essay and eating a cup of noodles. I've been feeling a lot better about math after attending a couple 3-hour review sessions, and I'm a lot more confident about the midterm coming up than I was about a week ago, which is nice i guess, still not as good as i'd like, but what can you do, yknow?

Actually musically I'm pretty satisfied recently. This thread has been doing its job of introducing me to a ton of new shit and giving me an incentive to listen to new music every day, as well as giving me an exercise to practice writing reviews with.

also my hair recently got long enough to put into a bun-looking thing, does it look alright or awful, /daily/?
>>
>>60369307
>also my hair recently got long enough to put into a bun-looking thing, does it look alright or awful, /daily/?

When exactly did this become the go-to hairstyle for gangly white guys anyway
>>
>>60369350
Its not exactly the go-to for me, i've been growing it out for pretty much no reason and someone on my floor pointed out that it's probably long enough at this point.

also

>gangly
no need to be rude †bh
>>
>>60369307
First season or so weren't great, but it starts picking up around season 2 or 3 and gets pretty good. I've never been a fan of man buns, but that's just me. Glad to hear about the math, review sessions and office hours always help. /daily/ definitely has been great for expanding my tastes as well, it's nice to be able to discuss music with people who are passionate about listening.
>>
>>60369468
yeah like i just now am getting around to listening to American Primitivism and its fucking dope, I dont think i ever wouldve given it a chance if i didnt get it rec'd to me by daily a lot

/daily/ is like what mu should be like. people who are genuinely interested in constantly expanding and discussing what music they listen to
>>
>>60369307
Lol I actually forgot to mention the music I was listening to. Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables and some Choking Victim. I think I may do a hardcore chart soon.
>>
Wow I thought/had heard that Gil Scott-Heron's output had fizzled out after he fell into drugs but I'm listening to Spirits from 1994 and this is some of his best work; even his band is tearing through the music
>>
>>60369749
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxYXEkSL4U
>>
Thinking about approaching The Epic. Did anyone of you listened to it?

>>60369307
Nice aesthetic bro
>>
>>60369770
I listened to the first disc and some of the second and then got fatigued. Planning on finishing it someday

and thanks bro idk if ur meming or not ;s
>>
>>60369808
It kinda looks like my hair so no.

What did you think of it? On /mu/ you can get only unmotivated praise or criticism like "there is better jazz"
>>
>>60369818
It's all pretty grand and epic (jej) sounding, which gives it a modern flair but reaches towards unpleasant melodrama sometimes. I think the main reason it's a 3 hour long album is because Kamasi doesnt know how to cut down a 12 minute song, because a lot of the longer cuts definitely don't have to be as drawn out as they are.
It's enjoyable to be completely honest, just a lot longer than it needs to be.
>>
>>60369883
Fine enough, gonna listen to it soon
>>
File: thing.png (2 MB, 1024x2600) Image search: [Google]
thing.png
2 MB, 1024x2600
This Paris situation scares me. Stay safe lads.

>>60369749
>>60356591 desu

Also random album.
>>
Ata Kak- Obaa Sima
>>
>>60370944
>>60370367
>>
File: R-2287856-1274620930.jpeg.jpg (64 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
R-2287856-1274620930.jpeg.jpg
64 KB, 400x400
>>60369770
Listened to it several times. Didn't find it that great at first, saw deeper and deeper into the bullshit this album is with every next listen.
Also pic does a lot of what the Ebin tries to do, except better and 40 years before
>>
File: Future Days.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Future Days.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
About to start listening to this, I've listened to one or two other Krautrock albums, what am I in for?
>>
>>60371262
More of the same.
>>
File: fans of pekinese opera.jpg (49 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
fans of pekinese opera.jpg
49 KB, 500x332
Good Morning /daily/!

Not sure what I will listen to today.
>>60371262
possibly the best rock album of all time
>>60365715
wew lad
>>60365511
underrated Swans live album
>>
>>60371262
An amazing album
>>
>>60371072
I didn't even finish the first disc yet but it seems ptty good to me.
Did you post your review in the archive, cause i'm interested in your opinion
>>
>>60371363
I did but it was right after the first listen.
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S55396759#p55401174
Though I'd have a couple more negative things to say now. When you pay enough attention to it, the structures of the album become pretty obvious if not predictable to the point it becomes boring. Everything is teleguided and only made to feel grand and impressive without any significant movement or substance.
>>
>>60371386
Not to mention that song about Malcolm X being a hero of peace and unity was unbearable.
I guess MLK just wasn't indie enough for them to sing about.
>>
File: 41 listenalong Ata Kak.png (324 KB, 1732x1220) Image search: [Google]
41 listenalong Ata Kak.png
324 KB, 1732x1220
ΠΠΠΠΠΠ LISTENALONG ΠΠΠΠΠΠ

Ata Kak- Obaa Sima
>Ghanan house, lo-fi, Electro, hiplife

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwX45LEPyA
Spotify: https://play.spotify.com/album/5rWdCCXgUf8Ptz1goEmLKC
Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!dsMGnb7R!4AtyYoKqfXlYpoLJujvzQQLanDo8Z4d03qW1geunPMQ
>>
>>60353646
That's a well written review man. It gets a bit fluffy near the end
> Sure, complaints could be found regarding its short running time (just a bit over 28 minutes), or its indulgence in the eccentric, but these characteristics are what make the album unique and more lovable.
Does a short running time really do that?
But overall it's a nice read. I gave his music a listen too and it's very comfy (even though some of the lyrics creep me out a little bit).
good luck with getting hired!
>>
>>60364947
>>60364966
good review, very similar to what I think of it
there are some nice gems on it, but with the 2CD version it's definitely too long with too many fillers. I have no idea why they included stuff like Beans, that's already been released before.
How's the movie btw?
>>
>>60354706
hope u like coldworld. that lp is awesome
>>
>>60371465
what am i supposed to listen to
the fast one or the slow one
>>
>>60358223
>angels of light better than alien observer
l o l kill urself
>>
>>60371731
>How's the movie btw?
It's ok. I like the way Morgan animated Kurt's personal notes and made it all look cohesive. I don't think it is accurate as a documentary, considering half of it is bullcrap that Cobain made up out of boredom and was not necessarily serious. Still, I thought it was well-made stylistically.
>>
>>60371465
ohhh shit a friend of mine showed me this two weeks ago
excited to see the reactions
>>
>>60371932
uh, there are two versions?
didn't notice that, here's the rym tracklist:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ata_kak/obaa_sima/
>>60371983
cool, thanks, sounds like soem enjoyable stuff if not taken too serious
>>60372121
how did you like it?
>>
>>60372125
there's two versions in the download, a "Slow/Original" one where the tracks last some seconds longer and another one
I guess im listening to the original
>>
>>60369307
You look like a cool guy
10/10 would chill and listen to free jazz with
>>
>>60367753
What's wrong doc?
>>
Just finished the first "The Epic" disc.
I liked it.
8.5/10

What's /meme/ doing/listening?
>>
>"encourage discussion and minimise the shitposting"
Oh please, shitposting is what makes these threads come alive at all. It's the only way to stop the eternal circle of backpatting and self-congratulation that goes on otherwise.
>>
>>60372342
We all acknowledged that the OP is shit. Unless you're gonna write a new one yourself you can stop posting about it now.
>>
>>60372330
Eagerly awaiting JFH's response on whether or not I'm hired to be part of the album reviewing staff. Friday was the last day for applications. Wew lad. I'm also considering moving out this month and washing these thoughts down with Dennis Wilson right now.

>>60372342
I've always thought discussion = shitposting but shitposting =/= discussion.
Like, a rectangle.
>>
>>60372410
Nigga I was making a comment on the stupid title of this thread, not the content of the stupid OP. If I were to write a new OP people will just go "but that's not what le threads are le about le". I've tried before ;^)

>>60372415
>Like, a rectangle.
Literally what
>>
>>60372430
>I've tried before
Post it again, we'll use that from now on.
>>
>>60372330
About to check out mazzy star and than study than probably listen to mazzy star again to form some coherent opinion.

>>60372415
>a rectangle
that doesnt make sense senpai
>>
>>60372430
I forgot, you're Swedish
A square can be a rectangle but no rectangle can be a square
>>
>>60372442
Nah it was just shortened.

>>60372455
u dum

All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.
>>
>>60372455
Isn't it "every square is a rectangle but not every rectangle is a square"?
>>
>>60372125
pretty fvnny and fvn to listen to
>>
File: Autechre_Confield.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Autechre_Confield.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
What's your favorite Autechre album? Mine is pic related.
>>
>>60372466
>>60372471
more or less what I said
>>
>>60372515
You said literally the opposite!

>This just in: Anti-intellectualism and anti-scientism in Contemporary Christian culture makes people too dumb to know what rectangles and squares are
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.