[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ghost an edgy band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
Is Ghost an edgy band?
>>
For mainstream audiences? Edgiest shit in a long time, yes. For metal? Not really.
>>
any band with costumes is

except mr bungle but i dont know if that counts
>>
>sweden
>capable of anything but having a shit foreign policy
>>
>>60330578
>wear costumes
>have alias
>wear masks/face paint

No thanks
>>
Are they actually ghosts that play music or just guys pretending to be ghosts that play music? If the latter then yes, they are edgy.
>>
>>60330589
their costumes were stupid/silly so not really
>>
>>60330656
They pretend to be members of a satanic church, actually.
>>
>>60330671
Ok, I guess that is edgy too. I'm glad they're not ghost though.
>>
Not edgy, but extremely childish. Just like their fanbase.
>>
>>60330578
Not really edgy. It's a purposefully gimmicky act, it's for entertainment purposes.

Some of the other "satanic" metal acts that take them satanism more seriously, "muh church burnings", are more edgy
>>
>>60330589

Are the aquabats edgy?
>>
>>60330671
Wait I thought the satanist thingy was imagery.
>>
>>60330730
no, but they are similar to ghost since they're both for children
>>
Yet another metal band that goes for the DUDE SATAN LMAO gimmick.

COLOR ME SURPRISED

Is metal the most unoriginal, attentionwhoring genre of all time next to pop?
>>
>>60330733
Well, it is, it's part of their act.
>>
>>60330740
Aquabats are not for children. I'm 36 and still listen to them regulerly. Its a band for people they like to cut loose and have some silly fun once and a wile.
>>
>>60330748
absolutely yes. i'm also tired of that shit. it's not only made to piss off people and seek attention but it's completely unoriginal and stupid at this point. i'm surprised people keep doing that shit on 2015
>>
>>60330768
Well Aquabats are for all ages since they have a show on the hub (last time I checked).

>>60330772
>le current year meme
>>
>>60330794
nice argument. you know i'm right
>>
>>60330772
But people really dislike Christianity tho.
>>
>>60330816
And dressing up like clowns will show those Christians who's boss!
>>
>>60330812
How the fuck is stating the current year right though?
At least don't meme ffs.
>>
>>60330833
>absolutely yes. i'm also tired of that shit. it's not only made to piss off people and seek attention but it's completely unoriginal and stupid at this point

Go.
>>
>>60330828
Exactly, ghost is purposefully tongue-in-cheek. They even acknowledge how gimmicky their act is. Other "satanic" bands don't do that, too keep their edgy allure
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.