[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand how anyone with a moderately informed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
I don't understand how anyone with a moderately informed taste could consider Currents to be anything other than mediocre. There's nothing new on this album, no bold thinking; and worst of all, most of the melodies aren't even particularly good.
>>
>>60282732
There were very few people on here who thought it was above average, I don't know who this thread is aimed at
>>
>>60282732
It might be shit but Let It Happen is a certified banger
>>
>>60282799
There are tons of Tame Impala fans on /mu/.
>>
>>60282799
this
>>60282732
you're literally posting on a board that already considers Tame Impala mediocre so I don't understand why this even needs to be posted
>>
MTE.

Art Angels >> Currents
>>
>>60282732
sorry your cock is too far up Grimes ass to enjoy nice pleb music you fucking urban fairy
>>
Why does something need to be new and groundbreaking to be good?
>>
>>60284679
because derivative music is boring
>>
>>60284679
It doesn't. But Currents isn't groundbreaking OR very "good" by /mu/'s standards. That being said, I still enjoy the album and listen to it fairly regularly.
>>
Eventually is pretty solid.

Thats about it. The new Grimes shit is the best though.
>>
It was pretty decent and a handful of the songs were great, but ultimately it has a bunch of forgettable songs.
>>
It sucks, but it's AOTY because everything else has been worse.
>>
File: 1352784044747.jpg (33 KB, 422x462) Image search: [Google]
1352784044747.jpg
33 KB, 422x462
> hate Tame Impala's first album
> "stop being an edgy fuck anon and like what we like"

> hate Tame Impala's second album
> "stop being an edgy fuck anon and like what we like"

> like Tame Impala's third album
> "stop being an edgy fuck anon and hate what we hate"

There's no winning with you people.
>>
>>60282732
Its almost like music is subjective and people have different tastes.
>>
File: 1444851962869.png (166 KB, 438x401) Image search: [Google]
1444851962869.png
166 KB, 438x401
>>60285304
>mfw

i know that feel bro
>>
>>60285304
>Have bad taste
>People note your bad taste

>Continue to have bad taste
>People continue to note your bad taste

>Somehow manage to top your bad taste
>Bad taste bad taste bad taste

It's incurable!
>>
>>60285235
what do you think of the albums in pic related?

one by one
>>
>>60282732
>tfw no one on this board likes ELO
>>
>>60285505
Boldfaure pls
Jim O Rourke and Protomartyr are good tho
>>
>>60282983
yes and most of them aside from the occasional /r/tameimpala visitor also think currents in mediocre.
>>
>>60285484
kek
>>
>>60282732
absolutely shit. I was a big Tame Impala fan and looked forward to this. This album was fucking shit.
>>
>>60282983
I liked tame impala's firs two albums (but mostly lonerism) and I thought this album was mediocre throwaway garbage
>>
>>60282732
Because it's everything i look for in a pop album, in 80's worship, and in nu-disco. The production is flawless. Everything is so kaleidoscopic and dense. It's like Centipede Hz's vaporwave cousin.

>There's nothing new on this album, no bold thinking

Quality is more important than both of those.
>>
>>60286231
>Quality is more important than both of those.
Name artists and composers that were not innovative but are remembered for just their quality.
>>
>>60286371
We already had this discussion the other day, anon.

It doesn't matter how artists are perceived by another except myself.
>>
>>60286388
what influence do you have over music history?
>>
>>60286424
I decide what's good and what's not.

As do you. And everyone else in the world.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.