[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (933 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
file.png
933 KB, 717x960
Is it true /mu/?
>>
>>60278499
I'm not going to read that.
>>
>>60278499
>>>/lit/
>>
File: 1910.jpg (32 KB, 461x131) Image search: [Google]
1910.jpg
32 KB, 461x131
Pop music is made with the sole intention of appealing to as many people as possible, so statistically speaking playing it in clubs is going to make more people happy.

Although if you are a club that has a "scene" ie a rock club like the one this is about, then you have every duty to play rock music as opposed to pop music, because that's why people are there.

And as far as the motley crue thing goes, they were pop stars as well, and were still terrible role models.
>>
>>60278499
>Pop appeals to the primal bit of the brain that makes people want to fuck

Does that faggot have a citation for this or is he spouting bullshit? As far as I know, when a person is listening to music, a large amount of the brain is flaring up from activity, not just one part section.
>>
>>60278616
Look kid, nobody ever said it would be easy. Indie music ain't no Sunday School buffet. There's just a little more to it than an ironic cardie and a vague familiarity with Spearman's rank correlation, mm'kay? If Girls Girls Girls was a sport it would be cricket. If it was a book you wouldn't even have heard of it. If it was a city in Europe you'd think it was in the wrong country. THAT is how indie this album is, DIG? Man. You can't just slam this shit on and 'get into it.' You gotta prepare. You gotta limber the fuck UP, motherfucker. This is music to scare your girlfriend's cat. You don't dabble with this crap, dude.

First - know this. Less is more. But more than that, more is more. Also, boring is more is long, sometimes tense, meandering, foggy, cold, out of focus DEEP oh man so DEEP haunted LIES shortwave greygreygrey.

Christ, did we really listen to this shit?? I guess we did. Or part of it anyways.
>>
>>60278682
Pasta?
>>
>>60278675
One of the symptoms of autism is an inability to understand figurative language.
>>
>>60278767
This morning, precisely at 6 AM, I forced myself out of a lofty perch amidst warm covers and into the cool morning air. I had decided the night before, and I was resolute, that I would go for an early morning run. So I quietly laced up, donned a sweatshirt, inhaled a glass of water, and was on my way into the misty morning darkness.

The previous night, I’d given the readings for my excursion plenty of forethought. I’d need something atmospheric, exquisite, and thrilling… something that encapsulated the early morning campus ambiance in all of its chilling glory. I hadn’t been particularly impressed with Anonymous's 2015 post, "why did you post this?", but I figured 4chan posts would be the perfect sort of reading for my intents and I decided to give the guy another shot.

I was blown away. Speechless. The post is immaculate. Eerie, foreboding, gloomy, magnificent, monolithic. Massive. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect piece of prose for my trek across the campus ground, and I really can’t quite explain why. Words evade me, and I can only hope you would have the same experience some day.

As I approached the end of my route, I acted on impulse and backtracked to the bluffside in hopes of catching the sunrise. I sat on a lonely column of rock high above the ocean waves and rested, digesting what had just transpired. As I waited for the first sign of that fiery ball of hydrogen and helium on the horizon, deep in contemplation, a lone dolphin fin arched up above the swells. It was fucking beautiful. This is the kind of shit that people give God credit for.

My catacean friend quickly disappeared along the coast, and as it bid me adieu, the sun had just began to shine on my infinitesimal self. The skyline was beautiful on fire, a blaze of orange, purple, and blue. I sat in silent awe for some time.

…the thread had long since 404d, and it was time I found my way home to a hot shower.
>>
>>60278776
What about that sentence is supposed to be figurative?
>>
File: 1446558210971-1.jpg (18 KB, 170x168) Image search: [Google]
1446558210971-1.jpg
18 KB, 170x168
>>60278499
iunno, ima just keep listenin to muh progressive dreamfunk, not like i leave the house gzgghhgh
>>
>>60278499
This is fucking retarded. It's a ROCK club, people come there to hear rock music. Whatever you think about how pop music is good and rock fans are pretentious is fucking irrelevant when people are coming to a place expecting a specific thing. If you go out of your way to not give people what they came to a party for, even if you think it's "good for them" (which really just proves you are the pretentious cunt trying to look down on and school people), you're the faggot who's killing the vibe and who should be kicked out for interrupting everyone else's groove.
>>
>>60278831
Pasta?
>>
>>60278499
>i use bad words in a formal letter because I'm the cool semi informal uncle who buys beer for the teenagers.
>im a badass
>tips fedora

this faggot tried so hard he fucked up his own argument
>>
>>60278499
>this country was built on fabulous pop music
Jesus Christ. Purge the plebs.
>>
>>60278499
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE A SUPERIOR TO A ONE DIRECTION CHORUS THEN YOU ARE A CUNT
A CCCUUUUUUNNNNNTTTTTT
LOTS OF FAT SPOTTY MORONS LIKE TO TRY AND THROW THE CARD THAT CURRENT POP CULTURE IS SOCIALLY CORROSIVE...

oh boy, I could see this being a GOAT ironic power electronics song
In fact, I think I will make it one
>>
>>60278831
I hope this rym post becomes pasta. Brings me to tears everytime
>>
>>60279505
Shit, it really does sound like a Whitehouse song.
>>
>>60278512
i know right?
>one faggot talking about how gay another faggot is while sucking some other faggots dick please
>>
>>60278499
So now pop music thinks it's better than pop-rock?
>>
File: 2EJOHQrzE6M.jpg (26 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
2EJOHQrzE6M.jpg
26 KB, 450x320
didnt read lol
>>
>>60278616
>Pop music is made with the sole intention of appealing to as many people as possible
this is impossible
some br guys dont listen to music they cant understand (their language) and some USA guys will not listen to music they dont understand (their language)

this happens, no matter how stupid it is, and its the simplest example to why trying to appeal to as many people as possible is stupid
>>
>>60279944
Just because you got that shotgun spread doesn't mean you gotta hit every bird in the sky yo
>>
>>60278499
What a load of bullshit
>>
>people go to clubs to fuck
>therefore pop music (that is played on clubs and helps to solve) is good

this is equivalent of saying:
"the shampoo i use is the best one ever because its really good for masturbating"
"my five have the best car ever, you must see how good she feel when the hand brake fits perfectly on their pussy"
"this bathroom is the best one ever, its perfect for a quick casual sex act"
>>
>>60279989
the thing is, trying to fit everyone or almost everyone taste with a song is stupid.
even if you suceed, you would do a better job by having separated artists doing separated songs to different groups of people.

this because you will need to reduce the amount of times some characteristic X (that some group love) will happen on a song because another groups hate it.
>>
>>60278499
Rock is a form of pop music. And one of its most prominent examples as well.
>>
It saddens me deeply to see people who subject themselves to "clubs" and pop music.
I pray for them every night.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.