[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Descendents / punk/hc thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 'merican.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
'merican.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
Hopes for the new album? I hope they get Milo to sound a bit rougher again. Looking forward to it.

Other punk/ hc discussion allowed.
>>
How we feelin about Dr. Know in the hospital? Favorite Bad Brains release?
>>
>>60176931
Pretty sad. The band has been a travesty for the last couple of years for what I've seen of it, because HR is a mad man (strange he hasn't become a meme of some sort... when he walks up the stage with an unplugged jazz guitar). I hope he can recover. The ROIR tapes aka the S/T album sounds rad as fuck. Here's hoping that he comes back and kicks as much ass as he did back then.

And my fav songs is Pay to Cum.
>>
>>60176914
for the people interested but without any idea of what to talk/ listen to: here's a good album from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEe-3BmfXF0
>>
File: folder.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
>>60176914
Well... I never heard a bad Descendents album, I just hope Bill keeps separating the ALL material from the Descendents material.

>>60176931
Hope he get's okay, a very important person in punk history and a talented musician. I would say the self-titled is my favorite.

>>60176972
HR is just... damn, I can't describe him, but he's been an asshole the last he came to my country, he started to mimic singing on stage.

So yesterday was Tony Sly's birthday, he would be 45 if alive... favorite No Use record?
> pic related, probably my favorite punk album
>>
>>60177361
Probably the first one: I listened to it the most I think. Never was that big a fan. I'll go through some of the discog in a bit.

On your ALL comment: to me ALL is the "same" band as the Descendents, difference is that ALL has some really weak releases. If Milo had stayed they'd probably have almost sound the same bar vocals. And Revenge is a killer record. It's just a phase the band went through, especially if you know that Milo demo'd most songs on Mass Nerder and Chad most on Everything sucks.
>>
>>60176931
apparently he's doing slightly better rn. Still critical but not as.
>>
What do you guys think about Bad Religion?
Favorite record? For me it's probably the process of believe, I got it as a gift from someone and it really struck home.
>>
>>60177361
>>60177614
It's basically the same band, yeah, and I really enjoy them, but I have a feeling that the ALL stuff is a lot more pop-ish than The Descendents.
Wow, there's any audio on those demos? I would love to hear it.

>>60178673
I really like them. Really shocked that Brooks Wackerman left the band to join Avenged Sevenfold.
I'll go with No Control, it was my introduction to Bad Religion through "You" in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.
>>
>>60179212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzZ5Cw_hxck
>>
>>60179212
ALL has a truckload of love songs. It's not just a feeling.
>>
>>60179212
ah yes about the Wackerman thing: apperently he's just like a session musician? Probably not a fun situation for Bad Religion though. Would want to know how much money A7X is waving at him.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.