[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Complete noobie, I need help buying my first synth / workstation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Complete noobie, I need help buying my first synth / workstation. I love the presets and sounds of the Korg M1 / Wavestation for that crisp 90s vaporwave feel. If you know of the other synths used on albums such as Lone's Galaxy Garden, please let me know.

However, I want a keyboard that has lots of filters / effects built into the body of the keyboard. They don't really seem to have that compared to newer synths.

Isn't it like possible to "patch" a modern synth with the preset sounds of the M1? Or would that all involve MIDI/PC stuff that I don't want to deal with? Am I better off just buying an actual M1 if I want its sounds?
>>
those is some big titties OP
>>
>>51719680
The wavestation vst is better than an actual wavestation. Maybe something like an alpha juno for that cheesy 90s rave sound.
>>
also, I am specifically trying to find what synth creates that aggressive piano sounds at 1:42 in this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGISErs3hRM&t=102

please help me out if you can
>>
>>51719781
That's not a piano. That's a synth playing chords with chord memory or a sample of a chord being transposed.
>>
File: moog_minimoog_angle2_lg.jpg (207 KB, 1200x876) Image search: [Google]
moog_minimoog_angle2_lg.jpg
207 KB, 1200x876
>>51719766
Is it possible to use the wavestation / m1 vsts on a standalone keyboard that doesnt need to plugged into a PC? That would be my ideal synth to buy, especially if it had lots of effects on the actual hardware

appreciate your help
>>
>>51719822
If you want it on a keyboard your pretty much going to need to pick an actual m1/wavestation. You could check craigslist or ebay for them. They aren't super expensive as far as keyboards go.
>>
Not OP, but can I get a decent DAW for free? Or do I gotta pay
>>
>>51719853
Also if you want to make music like that your best bet is find a download for ableton live and get a midi keyboard.
>>
>>51719908
everything is free if you know where to look
>>
File: 1384396850378.png (875 KB, 1680x946) Image search: [Google]
1384396850378.png
875 KB, 1680x946
>>51719917
Question: Can I use a modern synthesizer with lots of effects built in, plug that into a PC via midi / usb, and then use the M1 / wavestation presets and affect the VSTs with the filters built into the keyboard?
>>
>>51719939
Thats the problem, and its not like anyone'll tell me, cuz asking is suspect as fuck :(
>>
>>51719986
A DAW like ableton has a million effects built in already. Not to many modern synths come with built in effects. Softsynths will have filters in the vst for you to use.
>>51720039
There's this famous Swedish site that has a lot of them.
>>
>>51720097
I don't know swedish but I'll give it a try
>>
OP here, would this work?

>buy a minibrute
>it has a midi / usb interface so I can use the Wavestation / M1 vsts also

pretty sure im not gonna be wasting tha tmuch money right?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.