[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /doesn't actually like live shows/ here? I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1360716828649.jpg (21 KB, 425x412) Image search: [Google]
1360716828649.jpg
21 KB, 425x412
Who /doesn't actually like live shows/ here? I haven't been to one in about a year and I've decided I don't really like them at all.
>you have to stand up for two hours and it gets really tiring
>even if there are seats, people still stand and ruin your sitting view
>most bands sound worse or the same as they do in the studio
>too busy looking at them play their instruments to actually appreciate the music
>>
i'm sorry to say but you have autism :/
>>
>>60694342
get better posture or stop being so easily exhausted
>even if there are seats, people still stand and ruin your sitting view
stand up to get the advantage back
>most bands sound worse or the same as they do in the studio
this isnt even close to true, listen to better bands
>too busy looking at them play their instruments to actually appreciate the music
this is actually autism, dunno how to help you fix that

hope i've helped
>>
>>60694370
>>60694399
Bitter concert-goers detected.
>WOAH MAN I have so much fun PAYING MONEY to hear music I've HEARD ALREADY but instead of INSIDE MY HOME it's in a crowd of SWEATY HIPSTERS
>>
>>60694342
Autismo
>>
>>60694454
man i actually thought you were willing to have a proper discussion, your complains sound like things that people would actually say
jokes on me i guess, well done you baited us i hope your victory fills you with joy
>>
I feel you, OP. After being dragged to some absolutely abysmal shows I'm kinda over it. Waited an hour and 30 for some Indie band to come out. I hope Beach House are better performers than some shit $14 band
>>
>shut-ins complaining about social events

Yeah, ok
>>
>>60694342
go to jazz/classical concerts they are your type of thing

obviously if you go to a hip hop concert you should be expecting a social event
>>
I went to a lot of shows in my early 20s when I lived in Denver. I'm 30 now and haven't been to a legit show in at least three years.

I like sitting down too much.
>>
I feel kinda the same way, I think as I've gotten older I have higher expectations of what constitutes a good live performance (and even music in general), but when you see an act tat absolutely kills it on stage it's soooooo good. Best live act in Australia atm is Black Vanilla, their energy is through the roof and they nail it every single time.
>>
>complain about looking artists
>complain about not being able to see the artists

Live music gigs are great fun if your just there too enjoy the music. listening and loving the music along with all the other people who also do is a fun experience if your not a antisocial autist. Its also the only real way artist make money these days so i does actually keep the bands you like going.
>>
>>60694342
This has to be bait
>>
>>60695089
I'm sure it's not, live shows can be very disappointing artistically when it's all about "getting hype and having a good time" with absolutely 0 fucking thought for the art of it
>>
File: 1344192298042.jpg (11 KB, 222x221) Image search: [Google]
1344192298042.jpg
11 KB, 222x221
OP here. Part of the reason I don't really like concerts is that I usually go by myself, but even when I go with other people, it's still boring.
>>
>>60694342

Have you never worked in retail?
>>
>>60694342
most shows ive been to have been a lot of fun. the music sounds fantastic and its a lot of fun dancing while im wasted. some girl grinded on me at a the drums show, that was pretty nice
>>
>>60695208
>Have you never worked in retail?
OP's gonna have some grim realizations when he has to move out from his parents and support himself
>tfw this shift at walmart is as bad as seeing 3 concerts in a row
>>
>>60694544
>Waited an hour and 30

Don't you have any friends to talk to or something?
>>
>>60695151
Well yeah but even if the OP sounds plausible >>60694454 is obviously just fishing for replies
>>
>>60695263
>tfw used to work midnight-9am at walmart stocking shelves
>>
>>60695263
>>tfw this shift at walmart is as bad as seeing 3 concerts in a row

in tears senpai desu
>>
Don't work at Walmart, boys.
>>
>>60695313
yeah sure, but no one really replied so that's good
>>
File: 1448483901146.png (252 KB, 335x335) Image search: [Google]
1448483901146.png
252 KB, 335x335
>tfw you ask a friend to go to an autechre live show with you
>tfw you suggest that they should try listening to some of their stuff before deciding on going since you know they're not super into music (especially not abrasive bloops) and asked them as a half joke
>tfw they say that they're fine going without trying their music out first and seem mostly interested in it as just something to do with you, not realizing the hell that they're likely bringing on themselves
>>
File: iAPp8[1].gif (61 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
iAPp8[1].gif
61 KB, 650x500
>>60695827
>>
>>60695951
thing is is that my friend barely even listens to music, so it's definitely not an image thing. i think he just figured it would be fun.
>>
File: 1410627318659.jpg (5 KB, 329x328) Image search: [Google]
1410627318659.jpg
5 KB, 329x328
>>60695827
>female cousin of mine recently learned that I frequently go to shows alone
>offered to come to any shows with me in future if i want someone to go with
>tell her she might not like the kind of music i listen to
>mfw she says "i'm into a bit of everything anon i'm sure it'll be fine"
>>
>>60695827
Give him earplugs, he might enjoy feeling all the strange sounds for what they are.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.