[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help pls dad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Pianer.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Pianer.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
So I found an old Story and Clark organ, but don't know anything about it, especially the model. help?
>>
walk away fast?
>>
>>65601838
It's got keys and you press them to make pretty noises
>>
Its a junker bro. unless you intend to actually use it, it has no value. If it doesn't work right they're a pain in the ass to repair. not worth doing unless you really enjoy playing that particular old junker organ

I have one very similar to it that I've been trying to give away for months. I'll probably salvage the speakers, and the foot pedals to try to diy a midi foot keyboard.

If you like electronics there are a lot of good quality toggle switches and pot's to be salvaged. the wood cabinet could also be made into a sweet keyboard stand, with a lot of extra work
>>
Everyone has to get an organ once in their lives and then curb it
>>
why do you even want to know the model?
>>
>>65603829
because I want to know how much I can sell it for
>>
I think you'll be lucky to find somebody who is willing to pay for it in the first place.

In my area at least these instruments go on craigslist as "curb alerts" by the dozen. The only vintage organs that are worth anything these days are specific models of Hammonds, Wurlitzers, and Farfisas
>>
Update, found the model. Story and Clark 95HW, but I legit can't find a single thing online relating to it. What do.
>>
>>65605084
the people that are looking to spend money on vintage organs are looking for very specific models. Its widely known that these types of vintage console organs are available for free on craigslist any day of the week, unless its one of the specific vintage models that was made famous in its day, nobody has any reason to pay for it

The keyboard players I know refer to these types of organs as curb organs. no self respecting organist would want to pay for one unless it had some sort of personal significance or it is some kind of rare hidden jewel like a cool effect or patch setting. which pretty much has value until it gets sampled.

I suppose if you sampled the organ and made that sound famous and desirable, then maybe people will want to buy your story and clark 95hw
>>
>>65605228
Honestly, I'm not looking for shekels if I can get it to work, it doesn't turn on, but everything else seems to be in working order. The on switch itself is also in perfect condition so it's a bit weird.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.