[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the spiderland of hip hop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (167 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
image.png
167 KB, 300x263
is this the spiderland of hip hop?
>>
>>65282221
No it's the Kid A retard
>>
spiderland's bad tho
>>
>>65282221
>low key release
no

>created a new genre by breaking down the structure and dynamics of an existing genre
no

>self-contained/very few direct influences on its sound
no

>subject matter covering loneliness, and various mental disorders
no

>underground cult following
no

>shrouded in mystery
no

>good
no

>artist went crazy in the years following its release
yes, actually, although in kanye's case it's unlikely to be a result of the traumatic experience of recording the album, as it was with slint

I don't think so, anon, and yes I realize I just responded to bait/a shitpost
>>
>>65282362
youre a bait/a shitpost
>>
>>65282221
more like the trash of hip hop
>>
>>65282362
an album shouldnt be judged on how underground it is or cult following or what kind of artist made it
and its really good
>>
>>65282362
retard
>>
>>65282401
>>65282471
>>65282596
I'm not calling it bad because of those things, I'm saying it's retarded to compare it to Spiderland because of those things. Me calling it bad was just a bonus.
>>
>>65283448
yes and you triggered us all good job
>>
>>65283475
thanks senpai
>>
>>65282362
>subject matter covering loneliness, and various mental disorders

I agree with most over things you said, but the album does cover Kanye's bipolar disorder.
>>
>>65283735
it's been a while since I listened to it tbqhwyf
>>
its no spiderland but its about as experimental as mainstream hip uip is going to get
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.