[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinepone (a super-small CYOA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: tinypone closeup.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone closeup.png
6 KB, 640x400
It's been awhile, hasn't it?

In this game, you play the role of Feather Dust, the tiniest pony in Equestria, as she tries to handle the colossal challenges of an inch-high pony's daily life.
>>
>>27207549
yes tinypone !
>>
>>27207549

Challenges like:
>waking up giants
>surviving blanket avalanches
>putting finishing touches on her airship
>taking her first test flight!
>contending with a crippling shortage of French fries
>negotiating with dentists and shopowners for supplies
>managing a microeconomy
>exchanging japes with her roommate
>installing a stereo system
>clearing out unneeded supplies
>making space for an overhauled electrical system

Captain's Log:
>https://www.anonpone.com/tinepone/

>'It's time for more science!'
>>
File: 1436355275219.jpg (41 KB, 408x376) Image search: [Google]
1436355275219.jpg
41 KB, 408x376
>>27207620
>>
>>27207620
Let's test our reverse gear and speed control now that everything is wired up.
>>
>>27207773
Oh yeah, we'll basically done now, aren't we? Do we actually have anything left we need to add to the ship?
>>
>>27207794
Just the recharge circuit, and honestly the whole ship uses about as much power as a low watt nightlight, so we don't have to worry about our battery draining for a couple of days. Low priority.

Oh, and the lights, if we need them for after dark activities.
>>
>>27207620
Isn't it time to go to the Everfree Forest to do our experiments with the Poison Joke?
>>
>>27207896
I think so. After we test that everything works, of course. If we did everything right, then we have forward and backward at multiple speeds (which also means we have breaks now), a top speed that is about three times as fast, and a megaphone. Fly around the room a little. Give it a shakedown cruise.
>>
File: tinypone160.png (29 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone160.png
29 KB, 640x400
>>27207773
Feather Dust wipes her brow and sits back, her tiny spine popping from sitting hunched over for so long.
>"Ooooh... Phew, that should just about do it!"
She rubs her hooves together with a gleeful grin on her face.
>"Now to test everything. Ready, Coco?"
The ever-faithful ant chirps and clicks her jaws together eagerly.
>"That's what I like to hear! Here goes..."
The first two switches are flipped, and the propeller spins.
>"Everything's normal here."
She flips the second set of switches, and the engine immediately reverses.
>"So far, so good...!"
Finally, she steps back and turns the potentiometer; when she glances back at the motor, it has indeed begun to slow down considerably.
>"Success!!"
>>
>>27208174
Awesome. Take it up into the air, fly over to Gulliver, and let him know that we're GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!
>>
>>27208174
I kinda figured we should test it in the actual air so we could see if the brakes work.
>>
Test fly it around the room
Test how well reversing the motor works as a method of braking.

I. Am. Tired. Of. These. Captchas. Expiring.
>>
>>27208174
We need a better way of turning that.
>>
File: tinypone161.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone161.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>27208211
>>27208239
>>27208326
Feather Dust takes the wheel and powers up the engine.
>"Boatswain, prepare for liftoff!"
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1X2wf9erppb
>"...I SAID, 'Boatswain, prepare for liftoff!'!"
The Ednosptrad cannot lift off the ground.
It's too heavy.
>>
>>27208376
Shit, how heavy are we now?
>>
>>27208376
Didn't we make sure that it had plenty of extra weight capacity? We should be fine, unless we have some huge rocks laying around in our ship that are trying to illegally immigrate across the border.
>>
>>27208376
Wait, we still have all the crap we loaded into here to weight it down, don't we? Plus the weights we put over the landing gear.

Take all that crapola out.

>>27208451
I think we have exactly that. We were worried about it flying away when we took out the lighter.
>>
>>27208376
guys we still have the small mirror to put on our ship to see behiden us
>>
>>27208376
We can get rid of ballast.
A few moments later we're flying.
>>
>>27208516
Already on there.
>"Good point, Boatswain. I have to be careful to keep the weight equalized. I was lucky that the motor was strong enough to overcome the weight that the dentist's mirrors added... I guess I have some wiggle room, but I can't add or remove too much weight."
>>
I just confirmed in the archive. We're still full of ballast.

Us:
>Our ship is full of junk right now, so just leave it all on and go way over weight. We'll dump crap later to get back down to where we want to be.

Feather confirms the plan:
>Yeah... I guess we CAN hook everything up and just dump all the excess weight later.

Do the same song an dance that we did initially. Remove ballast slowly until we hit the butter zone.
>>
File: tinypone162.png (13 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone162.png
13 KB, 640x400
>>27208451
>>27208473
>>27208548
>>27208623
A glance around the interior of the airship quickly reveals the problem to Feather Dust.
>"Oh, right. I put all of my spare supplies in here so that we wouldn't float away."
She giggles softly.
>"Silly me. Boatswain, you know the drill, right?"
Jaw click.
>"Of course. You get rid of the heavy stuff, I'll handle the rest."
Coco utters a chirp of affirmation and swivels her head around, in search of unneeded cargo. With tiny pony and ant working together, dumping all that extra ballast is a trivial task.
But the potentiometer is (comparatively) like a lead weight. Even with as much weight removed from the airship as possible, it only just barely manages to lift off the table, after several seconds of struggling against the tyranny of gravity.
>"Finally!"
Playing with the switches and the potentiometer confirms to Feather that she's hooked everything up properly. Once she's finished with her experiments, she turns to Coco and gives the ant a hooves-up.
>"Now, let's go find Gulliver!"
Coco tilts her head and chirps.
>"Hmm... Yeah, we COULD just head out on our own, but I don't know if that's a great idea.
>Not that I'm scared of the forest, or anything! I just... Let me think about it a bit, okay?"
>>
>>27208660
Fly over and get Gulliver
>>
>>27208660
How would we even leave the house?
>>
>>27208680
You left your name on mate
>>
>>27208660
It might me prudent to go to sugarcube corner to get some balloons for extra lift.
>>
>>27208660
Hey inept, could you please not reply to namefags so I can filter tham?
>>
>>27208660
Snap off the handles of the dental mirrors to lessen the weight further. We only need the reflective bit, and we need enough extra lift to carry poison joke blossoms.
>>
>>27208808
Pull off the second wooden peg from the front of the ship also. That was originally the winch for the system for turning the lighter on and off, and we're not using it anymore. Every little bit of weight lost helps.
>>
File: tinypone163.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone163.png
6 KB, 640x400
>>27208717
What? No, don't be silly. If they're playing, they get responded to. Nobody likes being ignored.

>>27208680
>>27208682
Feather Dust quickly comes to a decision:
>"Oh, yeah, I need Gulliver to open the door, don't I?"
Coco nods.
>"Um... Heehee. I knew that. Let's go get him."
The Ednosptrad slowly drifts into the living room, where Gulliver is playing a video game of some sort.
>"Hey, Gully, can you hear me?"
Gulliver's ear twitches and he looks back at Feather Dust's airship.
"Oh, hey, Dust." he says with a smile. "You sound louder now... and hollower. Megaphone's working, I take it?"
>"Yeah-huh! I told you paper and a straw would be good enough!"
"I guess they were. What's up?"
>>
Stopping for the night. Thanks for playing!
>>
>>27209325
>Nobody likes being ignored.
And that's why you don't reply to namefags, so they take their pointless name off.
>>
>>27209325
We finished the initial systems and are airworthy! Further upgrades will occur at regular intervals, but for now the Ednosprad is ready for it's first mission! We just have a few final preperations first to avoid getting stranded in the Everfree:
>>27208808
>>27209064

Also, is that Pitfall? Gulliver has good taste.
>>
>>27209344
Do someone say namefag?
>>
>>27209499
>>27209344
What's wrong with having a name?
>>
>>27209506
Nothing inherently wrong with it really, it's just against board culture to use a name if you aren't actively posting some writing or drawing that you did.

Using a name on 4chan is like wearing a swimsuit to a wedding. There's nothing inherently evil about swimsuits, it's just not really the venue for it.
>>
>>27209325
"What's up? I'm up." You joke.
"In all seriousness though, it's time for another test flight" you say
>>
>>27209325
Just fucking look at him! What a total cutie.
>>
I like namefags
>>
back to >>>/qst/ with you
>>
P9save.
>>
>>27208717
>What? No, don't be silly. If they're playing, they get responded to. Nobody likes being ignored.

They shouldn't be namefagging. By responding to them you're punishing those who do the proper thing, filtering them, since any posts that respond to a filtered post get filtered as well.
>>
>>27209506
>>27209550
This guy's correct. If you were to start making content, like art or a quest, then you can use a name when you post said content, though you still aren't supposed to use it unless you really need to.

Here's a good video that explains it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Tripcode, by the way, is the name for the jumble of numbers after a name. It's used to prevent people from impersonating you, as I'm doing now. You really don't need one of those.

I'm trying to be helpful because it's pretty clear that you're new here.
>>
>>27210709
I am new here.
>>
>>27210801
Lurk moar
>>
SCIENCE!
>>
>>27210709
Using a name, unless your contributing content like fan art or a SHORT green text, is disrespectful to both the QM and the other players. Also it could be used by the mods as grounds to delete the thread and ban people, like OIE.
>>
>>27209325
You tell gulliver "we should go to sugarcube corner for our test flight; Pinkie might be planning an 'ednosptrad's first expedition sendoff" party, so let's get that out of the way."
>>
>>27212990
I think that Twilight might be even better than Pinkie as far as putting the finishing touches on the ship goes. Get this whole thing enchanted up with protection spells or buoyancy spells or things like that. I'm sure she would be willing to help, considering that this is a mission of SCIENCE!

Remember, we have a hybrid ship here: part science and part magic.
>>
>>27213643
Well I'm convinced.
>>
Beb
>>
File: tinypone164.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone164.png
6 KB, 640x400
>>27209363
>>27209556
>>27209569
>>27212990
>>27213643
Dusty looks down at her roommate with a fond smile.
>'Look at him, just sitting there on his cute little rump on the carpet, in front of his video game with a juice box... He's like a big kid.'
She sighs wistfully to herself.
"Dusty?" Gulliver repeats uncertainly.
>"Oh, what's up? I'm up!"
Realizing how horrible that that joke was, she desperately tries to change the subject.
>"Uhhh, hey, is that Pitfall?"
"Bitfall." Gulliver corrects her, glancing back at the game with a focused look on his face. "Yeah, you play as Daring Do trying to get through jungles and mountains and stuff to find treasure. I'm already up to the fifth level!"
>"Oh, cool. Good job."
Feather Dust makes herself look away from the technological marvel lighting up the living room before her.
>'I wish I could play that...'
The tiny pony shakes her head.
>'No, not now, Feather Dust. Stay focused!'
>"So, Gully, I finally got all the controls hooked up."
"Cool."
Gulliver doesn't look away from his game.
>"Now that I know it can fly and land safely, I want to take it on some field tests. Maybe to Sugarcube Corner, or how about Princess Twilight's place? I'm sure she could help me fine-tune this baby for our big expedition to the Everfree Forest!"
"Okay."
>"...You ARE coming with me, right?"
"Uh-huh."
Gulliver makes no effort to get up or shut off the Coltecovision.
>"...Can you at least open the front door for me?"
"Yeah sure."
Gulliver's horn glows, and the front door swings open. He still doesn't get up; he seems to be locked in combat with a large pixelated scorpion. When Coco sees it, she instinctively shies away from the blocky arachnid. Feather Dust sits back and thinks.
>'Should I keep trying to get him to come with me, or should I just wing it and fly solo this time?'
>>
>>27214999
Nah, it's take a spatula to pry him away.

We can go solo.
>>
>>27214999
We're a brave mare.
>>
>>27214999
Let the NEET do his NEET things.

I vote Twilight's place first. I bet Pinkie will already be there anyway, since I'm sure there's a Pinkie sense combo for imminent airship voyage.
>>
>>27214999
HE'S FUCKING ADORABLE

Screw Feather, Gully is 2cute4me.
>>
>>27215050
>Pinkie sense combo for imminent airship voyage
I think that one is neck twitch, small yawn, vague sense of care, urge to draw mspaint fanart.
>>
File: tinypone165.png (7 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone165.png
7 KB, 640x400
>>27215008
>>27215016
>>27215050
Feather Dust straightens up her captain's hat and turns to Coco.
>"Alright, Boatswain, listen up! Our second mate is currently incapacitated, so we're going to have to make this journey by ourselves! Some ponies might call us reckless, or even crazy, but did those ponies have the caliber of crew and craft that we do?"
Jaw click.
>"Dam right they didn't! So I say we throw caution to the wind and follow the credo of all of history's great explorers: Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Are you with me, girl?!"
Coco raises her front right leg and salutes her captain.
>"Then let's set sail! To Twilight's Castle!"

With her souped-up new motor and the potentiometer's weight and location pushing the Ednosptrad's center of gravity further forward, the aluminum airship speeds across town at (to Feather Dust) a breakneck pace. Many ponies stop and stare in wonder at the tiny machine zipping through the air. Some of them ooh and ahh with intrigue, and a few wave.
>"Look at our adoring public, girl! I bet we'll REALLY start bringing in the bits if we show this baby off at our next autograph-signing session!"
Coco chirps softly, her antennae pointing every which way as new ponies, buildings, and landscapes cross into the Ednosptrad's field of view.
Feather Dust smiles proudly from beside her crewmate.
>"It's amazing, isn't it, girl? Most Earthies don't ever get to see a sight like this... I guess most ants don't, either, huh? Do you like it?"
Coco chirps and turns to Feather Dust; the ants opens her jaws and gently closes them around Feather Dust, catching the captain by surprise.
>"Boatswain...?! What are... Oh."
Feather Dust smiles. Those little tongue things around Coco's mouth softly twitch and wiggle around, tickling Feather Dust's shoulder.
>"Heehee...! Hey, cut it out, girl!"
After a short tickle fight (that Coco wins quite easily), the crystalline castle at Ponyville's west edge finally comes into view.
>"The door is shut... Any ideas?"
>>
>>27215716
I'm dying slowly and painfully from cuteness overdosis.

Look for the windows, I guess? Or the balcony. I think this castle has a balcony, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>27215716
Window. Find one that you can see someone through, press the megaphone right up against it, and shout. Ask to be let in.
>>
>>27215716
boop the door with the ship
>>
>>27215974
This first, but if the door is too heavy to hear through do the window thing like >>27215755 and >>27215749 said.
>>
There is probably a doorbell you can ring.
Alternatively, Pinkie might have sensed you and is about to open the door for you.
>>
File: tinypone166.png (7 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone166.png
7 KB, 640x400
>>27215749
>>27215755
>>27216005

Her first method of attack fails, but at least Feather Dust got some use out of her new reverse control scheme from it.
>"Keep your eyes peeled for a purple princess, girl. You're doubling as a lookout today."
Coco chirps and nods as the airship scoots past a window with a long hallway visible through it.
>"Nothing there."
Ten feet later, there's some kind of dining room.
>"Nothing there..."
Feather Dust pauses.
>"Wait."
She reverses direction and returns to the previous window.
There's still a long hallway visible through it.
She advances to the next window.
A circular dining chamber.
Feather Dust feels herself unconsciously scrunching with annoyance.
>"Geometry does NOT work that way."
She glances back at Coco and points.
>"Never make an anthill like that. It's an affront to Euclid of Alequindria."
The next window contains a study. A purple figure is sorting through one of its many bookshelves.
>"Bingo!"
Feather Dust brings the airship as close to the window as she can bring it, tilting her megaphone towards it.
>"Princess Twilight! Hey, Princess! You got a second?"
Twilight's ear twitches a tiny bit, but she doesn't look up from her books.
>"HEY, PRINCESS!!!"
Twilight visibly jumps and looks around the room. Her eyes soon fall on the strange shape hovering outside her window, and she cautiously approaches.
"Can I help you?" she hesitantly asks through the glass.
>"IT'S ME, FEATHER DUST! I BUILT AN AIRSHIP!"
Twilight gets a surprised look on her face, and she quickly pushes the window open. As she realizes exactly what she's looking at, the surprise gives way to awe, and she smiles with intrigue.
"Feather Dust, you built this...?" she asks incredulously, looking around the Ednosptrad from as many angles as she can. "That's amazing! I've never seen such a small machine that can fly! This could totally change ponykind's views on aerodynamics! ...Um, would you like to come in?"
>>
>>27216469
I would love to, thanks!
>>
>>27216469
Sure! I'd love to come in! And I'll fly in at variable speeds, turn a couple of times, apply brakes, and then land as gracefully as a dove!

Must impress princess.
>>
>>27216469

Request to land.

Also deny any attempts at dismantling.
>>
>>27216469
time to get ready for twenty questions for twilight about our awesome airship
>>
>>27216544
All questions will be answered in exchange for her enchanting the shit out of this thing.
>>
>>27216469
Twilight goes into research mode and asks you about the ednosptrad and you tell her everything, which she's been writing.
When you finish, she goes gets a book 'Guinness book of world records.'
After looking through some pages, twilight looks at you and says "congratulations, Feather Dusd. You built and flew the world's smalled manned airship.
You also won 5,000 bits for completing the challenge from the previous holder."
>>
>>27216681
We don't control twilight.
>>
>>27216685
I figured that's how she'd react though
>>
File: tinypone167.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone167.png
5 KB, 640x400
There's something strange about my players being nice to Twilight.

>>27216484
>>27216516
>>27216529
>>27216544
>>27216585
>>27216681

>"I'd love to! Can I land in there?"
"Oh, yes, please!" Twilight responds eagerly. "I'd love to see what your airship can do!"
Feather Dust grins smugly.
>"Wish granted."
The Ednosptrad zips into the room, making Twilight step back before the cloud envelope can smack her. With surprising dexterity, Feather Dust ferries her little airship across the library-like room in a lazy, swooping curve. A tilt of the propeller, and the Ednosptrad ascends as it turns, coming so close to the curving bookshelves that it nearly grazes them. As Feather Dust follows the curve of the room, she sees Twilight watching her with rapt fascination. Beaming with pride, Feather Dust tilts the wheel all the way and reduces the throttle, sending her vessel into a slow tailspin. As it nears the floor, she reverses the controls and brings herself to a near-halt, before softly touching down in the center of the floor.
>"Come on, Boatswain! We gotta introduce you to the princess!"
Feather Dust and Coco deboard, finding Twilight waiting just outside the gondola, her eyes locked onto the tiny vessel.
>"Hey, Princess. This is Coco. I saved her from a spiderweb and now she's my crewmate!"
Coco chirps at the princess, who smiles and curtsies to the ant.
"It's nice to meet you." she says with a small chuckle; then she turns her attention to Feather Dust. "That was incredible, Feather Dust! Please, you have to let me study your machine!"
>"You're not going to dismantle it, are you?"
Twilight waves a hoof dismissively. "I wouldn't dream of it! But studying you has given me so much insight on microbiology and physics; I'm sure your airship will give me just as much information!"
>"Then I'll answer as many questions as you want... in exchange for some enchantments."
Twilight tilts her head. "Enchantments? What do you mean? What kind of enchantments?"
>>
>>
>>27217029
well we're not angry horse, we are small horse
>>
>>27217024
>There's something strange about my players being nice to Twilight.

It's my opinion that it would be prudent that when encountering someone who is

1) 100x our size
2) able to shoot laser beams
3) a princess and thus able to get away with anything she wants to do to us
4) able to close the window

then the best course of action is to not be a dick.
>>
>>27217024
Well, buoyancy would be the top of my list. I'm currently at the upper limit of my carrying capacity, and I need to be able to carry any materials that I collect in an upcoming research mission. Can I get something that might add just a little more lift to my cloud? Not too much, I still need to be able to land, but just a little.

And anything for durability would be nice too, since I'm smol and squishable and the ship is made of aluminum.
>>
>There's someting strange about my players being nice to Twilight.
Of the mane 6, Twilight is my favorite
>>27217024 "also an enchantment that would protect the Ednosptrad from being damaged would be nice, especially considering that I plan on doing an expedition in the Everfree with it."
>>
>>27217024
Twilight and Feather Dust seem to have something in common. This and what >>27217098 said.
>>
>>27217223
You want to have enough lift that we're neutraly buoyant with full ballast.
>>
>>27218724
If we could do that it would be pretty much perfect. It would give us more than enough carrying capacity.
>>
>>27217024
perhaps we could get a tiny bag of holding so we could carry more stuff?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/bag-of-holding
>>
>>27212820
I agree.
>>
>>27219898
that might be overkill
>>
File: tinypone168.png (8 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone168.png
8 KB, 640x400
>>27217223
>>27218724
>>27219444
>"The most important thing I can think of right now is increased buoyancy. I need to carry extra supplies so I can do repairs and add new features on a whim, but the Ednosptrad is already nearing its maximum carrying capacity."
Twilight blinks. "What did you call it? The Ed...nom..."
>"Ed. Nosp. Trad. It's an acronym."
"An acronym for what?"
>"'Electromagnetically-driven non-rigid small pony transportation dirigible."
"I see..."
>"Mark 2."
Twilight smiles.
"Well, I do remember seeing a spell that makes clouds fluffier and loftier. It was in 'Chronicling the Construction of Cloudsdale, Second Edition.'"
>"Awesome! Can you do it now?"
"Well, I'm supposed to be meeting with the Mayor soon regarding the spring budget," Twilight responds in a thoughtful tone, "buuuut I've got a little extra time until I have to be at Town Hall. In exchange, I want to know all about the materials you used on the Ed... nostrad? Did I say it right?"
>"Ednosptrad."
"Right, sorry." Twilight plants her hooves and aims her horn at the diminutive dirigible. "Alright, you and Coco stand back."
Feather Dust and her boatswain do as instructed. Once Twilight is satisfied they're at a safe distance, she gets a look of intense concentration on her face. Her horn glows a vivid fuschia with small orbs of bright light dancing around it, before a beam is fired out at the Ednosptrad. The envelope of the airship bulges and twitches under the magical charge, and in just a few seconds the Ednosptrad lifts off the floor like a helium balloon and drifts up to the ceiling, complete with slidewhistle.
>"Whoa... Not bad! I'm going to need some more ballast now, but this is great!"
"I'm glad you approve." Twilight responds with a proud smile. "And I'm sure I have something in this castle you can use to weigh the Ednosptrad down. But first..."
The young alicorn is now holding a quill pen and notepad in her magical grip. "How about that list of construction materials?"
>>
>>27222604
Tell her everything with proud smile on our cute tiny muzzle.
>>
>>27222604
Gladly, best princess!

STRUCTURE:
One aluminum can, two plastic headphone cowls as reinforcements, one on either end internally, toothpick reinforcement struts, cardboard floorboards, steel hangar landing struts and envelope connectors.

STEERING:
Two craft foam drag sails on toothpick arms, string to pull them, all on one line around a wooden game peg as a steering wheel, with rubber bands used as extension springs to keep the steering system centered at rest.

PROPULSION:
9v rechargeable nickel cadmium battery, brushed electromagnetic battery made out of headphone magnets, DIP switch control board set up to run the motor in either direction, potentiometer wired as a variable resistor to control speed, pedal made out of folded cardboard.

LIFT:
Happy magic cloud in a silk envelope made by Rarity. Isn't it pretty?
>>
>>27222690
*brushed electromagnetic MOTOR made out of headphone magnets
>>
>>27222690
>Happy magic cloud in a silk envelope made by Rarity.
This part stands out so much it makes me laugh.
>>
>>27222690
And wires salvaged from headphones, and the propellor is also craft foam too.
>>
>>27222604
This picture... it looks so happy. Damn this is so comfy whenever we're not in the middle of engineering and electrician work.
>>
File: tinypone169.png (8 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone169.png
8 KB, 640x400
>>27222646
>>27222690
>>27222700
>>27222703
>"Gladly, Princess! Listen up, because there's a lot of components."
Twilight adjusts her grip and narrows her eyes at Feather Dust. "Bring it on."
Feather Dust smiles proudly.
>"Okay. The main structure is one aluminum can, two plastic headphone cowls as reinforcements, one on either end internally, toothpick reinforcement struts, cardboard floorboards, steel hanger landing struts and envelope connectors.
>The steering system is two craft foam drag sails on toothpick arms, string to pull them, all on one line around a wooden game peg as a steering wheel, with rubber bands used as extension springs to keep the steering system centered at rest."
Twilight's eyes sparkle as her pen flies across the notepad, an occasional nod or soft "Uh-huh." assuring Feather Dust that the princess is still with her.
>"The propulsion system is a bit more complex: It's made of a 9-volt rechargeable nickel cadmium battery, brushed electromagnetic ba-... er, MOTOR made out of headphone magnets, DIP switch control board set up to run the motor in either direction, potentiometer wired as a variable resistor to control speed, and a pedal made out of folded cardboard.
>Lastly, the lift is generated by a happy magic cloud in a silk envelope made by Rarity. Isn't it pretty? I'm especially happy about that!"
Twilight uses her magic to pull the airship back down for her to inspect. "I don't recognize these symbols on the top," she replies, "but I'm sure that you have a good reason for them being there."
>"Uhhh, of course I do!"
"The stitching is so neat, and the fabric is soft and durable... Rarity did great work on this!" Twilight says enthusiastically. Her eyes drift across the airship, to a clock on her table. "Oh, Feather Dust, I hate to cut this visit short, but I really need to get going.
>"Awww..."
"Sorry." Twilight offers a small smile. "I guess I can help you with one more thing, but then I've got to get going. So, what'll it be?"
>>
>>27223380
How about my megaphone? It makes me a bit louder, but not by much, and it makes me sound kinda hollow. Can you cast a spell on it to make it louder and clearer so I can communicate better?
>>
>>27223380
>>27223412
I was going to suggest a protection spell, but this might be even better. We can just run away from any threats that can't fly. We're faster now. Go for the utility upgrade.
>>
>>27223380
We need ballast or else we'll be stuck here.
>>
>>27223456
>>27223412

Seconding ballast first (we need to steer the darn thing), and maybe the megaphone enhancement if she's willing to throw it in.
>>
File: deadlocked again.png (399 KB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
deadlocked again.png
399 KB, 683x384
>2 votes for megaphone
>2 votes for ballast
>no new posts in 20 minutes

Tiebreaker needed.
>>
>>27223674
Ballast.
>>
>>27223674
Megaphone.
>>
>>27223674
Megaphone, and ask her hand us a rock from outside on her way out the door.
>>
>>27223731
Oh right, ballast is just any random bullshit, isn't it? Do you think Twi would mind us rooting through her garbage for some random crap to load it down? Or us borrowing an apple from the kitchen or something?
>>
File: tinypone170.png (16 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone170.png
16 KB, 640x400
>>27223412
>>27223439
>>27223692
>>27223731
>>27223755
>"Can you enchant my megaphone to make it louder? I made it out of paper and it's not that powerful."
"One spell of sonancy coming up!" Twilight answers, taking hold of the Ednosptrad once more and pointing her horn at the megaphone. Again, it glows bright purple, but this time the motes dancing around it look like music notes. The beam of enchanting magic fires at the amplifier, making it glow pinkish for a moment before fading.
"There you go." a distracted Twilight announces. "And here I go, too. Sorry, Feather, I'd love to talk some more, but I'm gonna be late. I'll leave the door open so you can get out, and all the books in here are from the library so feel free to peruse them if you like."
Feather Dust glances up at the mountainous bookshelves rising up before her.
>"...Kay. Oh, by the way, can you toss me a rock when you get outside? I still need ballast to keep my ship from floating away."
A sound like a laser cannon from one of Gulliver's video games rings out behind Feather Dust, and several orangey-yellow crystals connected by string clank to the floor a few feet from Feather and Coco.
>"Whoa...!"
"Those should work." Twilight says from the door. "They're hanging all over the castle. I don't know why; they just regrow every time I try to remove any of them."
On cue, another thread descends from the ceiling like a black vine; new crystals appear along its length with small crackling noises.
>"Weird..."
"Yeah. Gotta run!"
And then the purple princess is gone, leaving Feather Dust and Coco alone in the castle.
>>
>>
>>27224295
Now, we just have to get those up to the ceiling, where our ride it.
>>
>>27224361
I assume that she brought the ship down to enchant it.
>>
>>27224398
>>27224303
>>27224295
It's safe to assume that she did put the weight on before leaving and our airship is on the floor.
>>
File: memory jewel.png (868 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
memory jewel.png
868 KB, 1280x720
>>27224295
Are you talking about these things? Because, uh...
>>
>>27224860

Obviously Twilight is using the raw gems that they used to put the memory pictures into, like using empty photo frames.

r-right?
>>
>>27224860
Aren't those only on that tree root chandelier thing? That's in a completely different room.
>>
>>27224884
Were there any others in the castle? I don't recall them being anywhere else.
>>
>>27224892
Look up "twilights castle" in google. There are pictures with plain crystals hanging all over. Some before that tree root chandelier was even made.
>>
>>27224939
You're right, my bad.
>>
>>27224700
That was my assumption too. Even if she didn't, we can still ride Coco up there, then slowly fly the ship down to the ground against the new buoyancy and keep the motor while the crystals get loaded up.
>>
>>27225391
>we can still ride Coco up there
That didn't occur to me.

>>27224295
We ride Coco up and get in.
After flying outside, we stop to decide where to go next and realize that we're just a little bit too light because even with the added ballast, we're slowly floating up.
>>
beb
>>
>>27225932
>even with the added ballast, we're slowly floating up
I doubt it. Those are pretty big crystals.
>>
>>27228722
It would open some opportunities if we were a fraction of an ounce too buoyant
>>
>>27227269
>>
>>27229275
Aside from needing to moor our ship from now on, what?
>>
>>27230980
We can easily fly up to Rainbow Dash 's and Cloudsdale.
>>
>>27231536
We could already do that even before the spell was applied. We have no height limit except for the natural height the cloud rises to.
>>
>>27231831
The lift of cloudmatter, like helium would diminish as we go higher.
>>
>>27232056
Yes, but it reaches equilibrium at the level clouds rise to, which is the level Cloudsdale and Rainbow's house is at.
>>
SCIENCE bump.
>>
>>27232210
I believe Cloudsdale is several hundred feet or more above Rainbow's house.

It's probably due to the language used, but i always imagine our airship behaving like it used helium.
>>
>>27233643
Different types of clouds at different heights, yes. Rainbow's is probably not the same type of cloud as Cloudsdale's
>>
>>27233643
>>27234187
Even so, we could still go above our cloud's natural level just by engaging the engine and flying upwards. We'd just sink down to the balancing level once the motor was off.
>>
Happy magic cloud bump.
>>
>>27235017
>>
Inept said she's not running tonight
>>
>>27235882
Aww.
>>
>>27236723
>>27236739
>>27236746
Message from Inept
>>
>>27236789
Old style art, huh? Okay. I can live with that.
>>
>>27236176
>>
>>27235017
>>
keep bumping it into the air
>>
when do you think inept will be back?
>>
>>27240386
This evening, if we're lucky.
>>
>>27240951
Never ever
>>
i'm dying to see what happened because of us.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 640x1136
>>27207549
bump.
>>
File: tinypone171.png (30 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone171.png
30 KB, 640x400
>>27237467
As you wish.

>>27224295
>>27224361
>>27225932
>>27228722
>>27229275
Feather Dust helplessly looks up at her airship.
>"Um... Coco, any ideas?"
The ant chirps and responds in an unexpected way: She grabs Feather Dust in her jaws and carries the tiny horse, making for the nearest wall and beginning to climb.
>"Easy, girl! Don't drop me!"
The dutiful ant marches up the bookshelves and then across the ceiling; with a little skillful maneuvering, she manages to flip herself and her captain right-side up again onto the Ednosptrad's envelope, carefully skittering down it, the support system, and finally back onto the gondola, where Coco opens her jaws and drops Feather Dust back inside.
>"Good work, girl! I don't know what I'd do without you."
Back at the helm of her airship, Feather Dust engages the motor and slowly descends to the floor of the library room. There, Coco chews through the crystal hangers and brings them aboard one at a time; by the fourth crystal, the Ednosptrad is just barely lifting off the floor. Each crystal seems to weigh less than the potentiometer, but more than the 9 volt battery.
>'So each crystal weighs between 40 and... a few hundred grams.
>That's a fair estimate.'
>>
>>27245248
Personally for the art, I think you should Just use whatever style fits the scene better. I like both.

We should probably get a better estimate than one spanning orders of magnitude.
>>
>>27245248
Yay, we have ballast. We now have a ship capable of getting us both in and out of the Everfree, as well as carrying some joke blossoms. Shall we go get Gulliver and inform him the mission has finally begun, or is there anything else we want to do?

>>27245364
I agree with the spoiler. Do whatever you want to do, Inept. We like both.
>>
File: 1457750743244.png (1 KB, 263x300) Image search: [Google]
1457750743244.png
1 KB, 263x300
>>27245495
>>27245364
Yeah. So long as you keep making quality quests, you can art as much or as little as you need/want to.
>>
File: tinypone172.png (3 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone172.png
3 KB, 640x400
>>27245364
>>27245495
>'I guess it WOULD be useful to have a better estimate...
>Which means we have to go back home.'
The Ednosptrad makes a trek back across town to Gulliver's and Feather Dust's house.
Thankfully, the door is still open. Gulliver is still in the same spot where Feather Dust left him.
>'Thought so...'
The Ednosptrad drifts behind Gulliver and off towards the stairs, up to the bathroom.
There, Feather Dust lands and uses a tack to hold down the pedal so her airship can't fly off on its own.
>"Boatswain, grab one of those ballast crystals and drag it up here."
According to the scale, the crystal by itself weighs just under a third of a pound.
>'One third of a pound times four crystals, plus the weight of the airship...
>The whole Ednosptrad must weigh almost 2 pounds by now. That's twice what that weather mare said the envelope could carry. Princess Twilight did a heck of a job on that enchantment.'
>"Alright, all aboard! We're shipping out to the Everfree!"
Coco, Feather Dust, and the crystal are soon back on-board. Now there's only one crewmate left to pick up...
>"Gully! You lazy bones, you're still playing that game? It's time for our maiden voyage!"
"Okay."
Aside from his button presses, he doesn't move.
>"Gulliver!!"
"Yeah, yeah, after this level, okay?"
>>
>>27246082
Fine.
Leave him here for the maiden voyage.

We can be passive aggressive about this later.
>>
>>27246082
Hold him to it. If he doesn't, we're shutting him down.
>>
>>27246082
It better be just this level!
>>
>>27246082
if he keeps going after the level we will use our blimp to cover his view to the screen
>>
>>27246082
pinkie will probably want to throw an "Ednosptrad's first expedition sendoff" party.

you tell Gulliver "meet us at Sugarcube Corner"
>>
>>27246119
we can just boop him with The Ednosptrad
>>
>>27246082
>>27246100
>>27246320
you tell Gulliver "if you miss the party, we're leaving without you"
>>
>>27246320
>>27246363
I don't think we need any further delays. Give him until the end of the level, and then demand his attention by any means needed to do so.
>>
File: tinypone173.png (6 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
tinypone173.png
6 KB, 640x800
>>27246102
>>27246113
>>27246119
>>27246337
>>27246555
>"Argh... Okay, fine, but it better be just this level!"
"Kay."
Feather Dust and Coco watch and wait patiently (okay, *impatiently* in Feather Dust's case) as Gulliver maneuvers the blocky Daring Do over pits and through some kind of ancient temple. After what feels like an eternity, Gulliver finally finds some kind of treasure and a catchy little tune plays. The level counter at the top of the screen goes up from 6 to 7.
>"Okay, Gulliver, let's go!"
"Okay."
Gulliver doesn't budge.
>"GULLIVER."
>>
>>27247047
Pull that plug
>>
>>27247047
You have about 5 seconds before I shut that off.
>>
>>27207549
I don't know who this guy is, but keep him out of my Smash Bros
>>
>>27247047
Float in front of the screen.
"Gulliver, turn it off or the first thing I do with the posion joke is use it to turn you into something that can't hold a controllor."
>>
File: tinypone174.png (4 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone174.png
4 KB, 640x400
>>27247069
>>27247083
Feather Dust brings the Ednosptrad in for an emergency landing near the wall, then she and Coco climb out and inspect their newest obstacle.
Coco's antennae twitch with curiosity.
>"I agree, girl. I'd love to yank this thing out of the wall, too. But it's too big for us to pull out."
Feather Dust thoughtfully rubs her chin.
>"I think we need a different idea this time..."
>>
>>27247472
there has to be a power button on the t.v to turn it off
>>
>>27247472
Boop the power button. That or find the remote.
>>
>>27247472
Take a spare piece of wire into the back of the game system and poke it into either end of any random component to short it out. Aim for a chip in the console itself and stay away from the cartridge, we want to make it crash without destroying save data.
>>
>>27247519
>>27247531
Not heavy enough unless we land the Ednosptrad on it, and I don't think we can hit the power button that accurately. Also I doubt remotes exist.

>>27247544
SCIENCE!
>>
>>27247472
Let's make >>27247544 our plan B since I don't want to get electrocuted. Try booping the power button off with the ship, since we aren't heavy enough. If we can't hit it or it's a dial then switch to plan B.
>>
>>27247544
This plan is probably gonna destroy the console.

I say we just leave him and act pouty when we get back.
>>
>>27247544
I don't know about this.

Couldn't that damage the console?
>>
>>27247610
>>27247635
Not if we short out the power supply. That would be functionally identical to unplugging it, since it would stop all power into the system.
>>
>>27247669
If you promise that it could immediately be fixed without any chance physical damage to the system.
Any at all.
>>
>>27247690
If you want to be absolutely as safe as possible then we short out the power button or the reset button. Shorting them would be the same as pushing them, since both actions just complete the circuit. That way there is no risk at all.
>>
>>27247706
Okay good, let's do that.
>>
>>27247706
That works. If we can't push the button, we bypass the button.
>>
>>27247047
The solution is simple: hack the console to make it give Gulliver the final level. Note: This is a dumb plan.
>>
File: tinypone175.png (3 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone175.png
3 KB, 640x400
>>27247519
>>27247531
>>27247544
>>27247589
>>27247706
>>27247720
Feather Dust sighs to herself with annoyance.
>'Why do I need wire now, right after I emptied all my spare supplies out of the Ednosptrad to get it to fly again? All that's left aboard that isn't essential is my welding tack, some floss, and the ballast crystals.'
Even so, Feather Dust and Coco take a look around the Coltecovision's monitor, but aside from a few screws and the cartridge slot, there's no points of access that an errant piece of metal can be shoved into.
>'Where else could there be some exposed components...?'
>>
>>
>>27247943
aww
>>
>>27247943
goodnight.
>>
>>27247933
take our little airship and ram Gulliver's hooves, who yelps "Hey! What was that for?"
you tell Gulliver "You said one level. Besides, it's time for our first expedition."
>>
>>27248770
>take our little airship and ram Gulliver's hooves
that reminds me of the time we booped gulliver on the nose in this with the ednosptrad in >>26692334
>>
Booping ponies with our little airship will probably become a running gag.
>>
if we boop Gulliver with our vehicle instead of shorting out his game, we won't have to worry about damaging any electronics or shocking ourselves
>>
>>27250330
See >>27247706

I'm still fine with trying the boop first if you want, but what you just said isn't a reason why the other plan wouldn't work. We would just be pressing the power button electronically.
>>
>>27250462
i imagine trying to short the "power button" or "reset button" would involve some convoluted plans
Booping Gulliver is not complicated at all
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWgrmYPplfI
Game: "Final boss!
Gulliver: "Okay, here we go!
Game: "Get ready!
Gulliver: "I'm ready!
Feather Dust: [Boops Gulliver with the Ednosptrad]
Gulliver: "Ahh!
Game: "Game over!
Gulliver: "What?! No! No! NOOOO! Feather Dust! [crying] Six hours wasted!
Game: "Do you want to play again?
Gulliver: [sniffles]
Feather Dust: "Come one Gulliver, we've got work to do."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWgrmYPplfI
Game: "Final boss!
Gulliver: "Okay, here we go!
Game: "Get ready!
Gulliver: "I'm ready!
Feather Dust: [Boops Gulliver with the Ednosptrad]
Gulliver: "Ahh!
Game: "Game over!
Gulliver: "What?! No! No! NOOOO! Feather Dust! [crying] Six hours wasted!
Game: "Do you want to play again?
Gulliver: [sniffles]
Feather Dust: "Come one Gulliver, we've got work to do."
>>
>>27250898
That's a much more better argument, but I already said "I'm fine with trying the boop first if you want". You don't need to convince me.
>>
>>27251755
*much better
>>
Friendly reminder that neither technology nor magic would ever have been as effective or fun as their combination is.
>>
File: tinypone176.png (15 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone176.png
15 KB, 640x400
>>27248770
>>27249601
>>27250330
>>27250462
>>27250898
>>27251057
>>27251755
>"Screw this, I'm in a hurry."
Feather Dust and Coco board the Ednosptrad once more, lifting off and making a beeline for Gulliver's face. He barely registers it for a moment.
But once it clicks in his head that Feather Dust is blocking the screen, he starts trying to peek around it.
Alas, his efforts are useless.
"Hey, what's the big idea?!" Gulliver demands. "Down in front!"
>"Gully!! You said ONE level!"
"Yeah, the level I'm on. When I'm done with the game, I won't be on a level anymore!"
>"GULLIVER!!!"
The unicorn scrunches with indignation and gently moves Feather Dust's airship aside with his magic.
And he sees that he's gotten a game over.
"WHAT?! NO!! NOOOOOooooo!!!"
With a pathetic wail, Gulliver flops over onto his controller, one of his hooves desperately reaching towards the screen, trying vainly one last time to grasp his fleeting victory. "Feather Dust," he whines with exasperation, "it took me... What time is it?"
>"It's a quarter after three."
"It took me almost six HOURS to get that far!!!!!"
>>
>>27254082
Then you can do it again.
6 hours straight in one game is unhealthy anyway.
>>
>>27254082
Ask him if he reached the invisible lives limit already.
>>
>>27254082
"Gasp! You were playing for SIX HOURS?!"
>>
>>27254082
It took you six hours to get to level 7 in bitfall?

snrk
>>
File: tinypone177.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone177.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>27254108
>>27254183
>>27254191
>>27254207
Feather Dust mock-gasps.
>"You were playing for SIX HOURS?! ...And you only got to level 7?"
Feather Dust can't help but snicker at this.
Gulliver snorts with annoyance in response. "It's a TOUGH game, okay?! It's made by that company that made those crappy old adventure games that everypony used to like before they got sick of getting penalized at every wrong button press."
>"Oh yeah? Did you reach the lives limit?"
"NO." Gulliver snaps, looking down.
>"Well, you can do it again later. Six hours straight in one game is unhealthy anyway."
Gulliver's ears press against his head. "Not like sticking garbage together for six hours." he grumbles. "That's perfectly healthy, right?"
>>
>>27254423
Drop a tear.
>>
>>27254423
More healthy than video games, yeah. You realize how good a workout I got doing that?

Plus it's more healthy socially and mentally!
>>
>>27254423
I was going to say something productive, but then I saw that rainbow dyke and got angry, and now I can't remember what I was going to say.
>>
>>27254423
Did he call the Ednosptrad junk!?! AGAIN!?!
>>
>>27254483
Why would she have anything wrong with Dash?
>>
>>27254513
This.
>>
>>27254513
I was talking about myself. I am angry that Rainbow dash exists and is nearby. Me. Not tinynerd.
I was not saying something that I intended tinypone to repeat.
>>
File: tinypone178.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone178.png
6 KB, 640x400
>>27254434
>>27254440
>>27254496
Feather Dust's muzzle involuntarily scrunches up. She tries not to let her eyes moisten up.
>"D... Don't call my airship junk."
Gulliver just scrunches back.
>"Don't call my video games unhealthy."
Feather Dust takes a breath through her snootle.
>"Building an airship was healthy. It was a good workout - physically, mentally, and socially."
Gulliver glances away. "Good for you."
An awkward silence hangs in the air...
>>
>>27254894
Good. We both have healthy hobbies. Now who wants to go nab some poison plants in the scary monster forrest?
>>
>>27254894
Lay the guilt trip.

Fine. If you'd rather play video games than come with me to the everfree, then that's fine. Go ahead.
>>
>>27254894
*insert ant noise here*
>>
>>27254894
Time for the silent treatment.
>>
>>27254894
We DO have to admit that he's been giving us alot of his time recently. Not that he ever does much of anything with it, but still! Apologize and say that after this Everfree expedition he can stay on his games as long as he likes.
>>
>>27254983
This. What happened to good ol' Gully huh? First mate Gully?

Do an adorable pout. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have done that. After we get that expedition to the Everfree done, you can game as long as you want. "How about it, first mate, Gully?"
>>
File: tinypone179.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone179.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>27254918
>>27254922
>>27254939
>>27254983
Feather Dust glances back at Coco, who is nudging her withers with an antenna.
>"Yeah, I know... He HAS been spending a lot of time helping me lately. Even more than he usually does, actually. Maybe I should be nicer to him..."
The miniature mare looks down.
>"But... He doesn't have to call my airship garbage, either."
Coco just clicks her jaws expectantly.
>'Come on, Feather Dust, don't be like that. For once in your life, be the bigger pony.'
Feather Dust picks her chin up and returns to her post.
>"I'm sorry, Gully. You're right: There's nothing wrong with playing video games. We both have healthy hobbies."
Gulliver looks back up at Feather Dust, his face less pouty now.
>"...Which is exactly why we should break the mold and go do something risky, like picking some poison flowers in the scary forest full of monsters!!"
Gulliver's face turns pale. "Aw, Celestia..."
>"Now who's WITH ME?!?"
"I'm guessing you'll just go without me if I say 'No,' won't you?" a defeated Gulliver finally asks.
>"Yeah-huh!"
"I figured. Can we at least get ready first? Maybe bring some stuff that'd come in handy in case anything bad happens in there?"
>>
>>27255404
Sure, bring whatever baubles and trinkets you deem necessary, first mate!
>>
>>27255404
sure why not, bring a clipper and something to hold the flowers in
>>
>>27255404
We need a way to safely store the flower
>>
>>27255404
Let's make a check-list. What should we get?
>>
>>27255450
I was thinking about that at first, but our first experiment would probably be to roll around in the damn stuff anyway, So I doubt it matters if we touch it. Gulliver should probably be careful, though.
>>
It looks like you guys need a bit more time to decide what to bring than I've got right now, so I'm stopping for the night. Thanks for playing!

You're heading for what's essentially the final dungeon, so make sure you're ready.
>>
>>27255627
Obviously we need to build another complicated contraption to act as a weapon.
>>
>>27255760
Spring operated ramming blade?
>>
how about a laser
>>
>>27255627
pg 8 3am bump
>>
>>27256631
2:20AM bump from a different time zone.
>>
>>27255760
build a TASER or a laser
>>
>>27257996
>>
>>27258896
>>
>>27253869
>>
>>27260974
>>
You know, by this point I should have expected this to happen.

Sorry, no updates tonight.
>>
>>27262414
Disappointing, but I understand.
See you tomorrow.
>>
>>27262414
;(
>>
a Laser is something we should build because:
It's ranged; we don't have to come close to a threat.
No Projectiles; using it will not consume any ballast.
>>27262414
that's disappointing
>>
>>27254082
now i am reading Gulliver's lines in button mashes voice
>>
>>27254082
that reference to button mash is hilarious
>>
if we're going to be bumping, we should also be productive.
lets compile a list of things we'll need to build a Laser that can defend us.
>>
>>27265635
We need a shard of glass, a laser, etc. bump.
>>
>>27265635
>>27265712
How do you imagine we would be able to build a laser? We don't have access to any semiconductors we could use to build a diode laser, and we don't have access to any appropriate gaseous substances to use as a gain medium in a gas laser. As for tasers, we have a tenth the number of diodes we'd need to build one and our battery was selected for a slow long drain instead of rapid discharge, so it wouldn't be good for running a it anyway. I really don't see us being able to do much in the way of weaponry.
>>
>>27266336
what about a laser based enchanted crystals
>>
>>27266390
>>27266336
there is probably a spell would allow Gulliver to turn LEDs into Laser Diodes
>>
>>27266390
>magic
In that case, it's as effective as Inept wants it to be.
>>
>>27266621
>there is probably a spell would allow Gulliver to turn LEDs into Laser Diodes
"Hey Gulliver, do you have a spell to transform PN junction diodes into PIN ones so that we can convert an LED into a double heterostructure configuration suitable for usage as the gain medium in a laser?"
(X)
>>
>>27266621
Very much doubt that Gully would know something like that.
>>
>>27266783
Twilight would probably have it in her library
>>
should i post what i think the laser assembly might look like?
>>
lazy slob bump
>>
>>27268418
>>
File: tinypone180.png (24 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone180.png
24 KB, 640x400
>>27255418
>>27255435
>>27255450
Feather Dust considers making a checklist of items to bring, or possibly constructing a laser of some kind, but she's feeling too lazy to go through with it. Instead, she simply takes a short break while Gulliver makes a series of clinking and shuffling noises in the next room. Finally, he reenters the living room, his slow, wobbly gait betraying his apprehension about the idea of entering the Everfree Forest.
"Okay," he says shakily, "I, uh... I think... I'm ready..."
>>
>>27269813
What the fuck, Gulliver?

Should we help him or something? I'm not sure his gear is good enough.
>>
>>27269813
use a frying pan as a weapon gully, it has this nice thunk sound to it when you hit your target
>>
>>27269813
>scared to death but still coming to protect us
Why must all the good ones be fictional ponies.
>>
>>27269930
And now I'm sad. Thank you very much.
>>
>>27269813
Then let us be off!
>>
>>27269923
>>27269930
>>27269896
I agree with all of these
>>
>>27269813
i think it might be prudent to get zecora, someone who knows the forest like the back of her hoof to guide us
I. AM TIRED OF THE CAPTCHAS
>>
File: tinypone181.png (11 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone181.png
11 KB, 640x400
>>27269896
>>27269923
>>27269930
>>27270199
>>27270210
Feather Dust can't help but giggle with glee at Gulliver's... selection of tools.
>"What the buck, Gulliver? Hee hee! Why are you wearing a box?"
"It's for protection!" the unicorn insists. "You know what kind of monsters lurk in that forest!"
>"Eee hee hee... Well, you should at least use a frying pan as a weapon, Gully. It's less likely to break, and it makes this nice THUNK sound when you hit your target!"
"But I don't want to hit my target. I just want to be ready in case I have to protect either of us..."
A warmth fills Feather Dust's chest, making her smile fondly at the wimpy young stallion. Even though Gulliver is so scared that he can barely stop his legs from shaking, he's determined to come along and try to protect her.
>'If I can figure out how to make poison joke work right, I am going to rock his gigantic world.'
Once Gulliver is properly armed, Feather Dust fires up the Ednosptrad once more, leading the way out of the house with a jubilant cry.
>"ENGINES TO FULL! SET SAIL FOR THE EVERFREE FOREST!"
The path from downtown Ponyville to the edge of the forest is thankfully a short one. Even so, the difference between the short, puffy trees of Ponyville and the tangled Everfree canopy is almost literally like day and night. Gulliver slows his pace as he follows Feather Dust across the eastern bridge and the fearsome forest looms over them.
>'This is it. There's no turning back now. Are we ready?'
>>
>>27270305

WHO DARES WINS

Make sure we have a way of knowing our way back, that we're out before sundown. The last thing we need is to be stranded in the Everfree at night.
>>
>>27270305
i think it would be a good idea to get zecora because she knows the forest very well.
I. HATE. THESE. CAPTCHAS
>>
>>27270305
Blindly fly straight in.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.