[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You Reap What You Sow CYOA th. 11
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 7
File: jollycooperation.png (2 MB, 3000x1951) Image search: [Google]
jollycooperation.png
2 MB, 3000x1951
Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/yrwys

What happened before:
http://pastebin.com/Yv2Y7Rxd

Last thread:
>Fooled by your behaviour, Venom agreed to follow. He was wiggling his ears from time to time.
>You led him to the theatre, but he started to see through your act. Especially that Whirlwind blew it.
>The changeling tried to escape, unsuccessfully.
>But he was successful in something else. He called for help, and you assumed the ear moving was a mean of communication. Thus, you jerked and tugged these organs.
>It was too late.
>Multiple groups of changelings in disguise were approaching the building.
>The battle for Royal Theatre had begun.
>Again, you had to kill, and even if you exactly knew why, you still weren't comfortable with this.
>During the fight you were badly injured - you were shot in the chest from a very close distance. You weren't instantly killed only thanks to the vest and clothes you were wearing.
>Fight was over when the military showed up, the enemy simply withdrew quickly, and without a trace. Luckily you took two prisoners. One of them survived long enough to be taken into soldiers' custody. Venom disappeared or died, and second prisoner killed himself.
>You were brought to the hospital and your wound was treated well. There, you met a jawless stallion and merry pegasus mare, named Splinter. She was acting a bit weird and after hearing her story you suspected her brain was damaged. The bandage aroundher head was also helping in makind assumptions.
>You went through board games - Splinter was obsessed about playing them, chit-chat...
>>
>>26572580
>... a gas attack, during which you did all you could to save as much ponies as you were able to. And some shellings, two of them aimed directly at the facility.
>During your recovery, your friends moved to a closer shelter.
>Hran and Clean paid you a visit. The stallion had a burden on him. It was a big effort and you needed to use some tricks to make him get it out his chest.
>During the theatre fight, your friend accidentally killed a pony, thinking he was disguised enemy. Hranchak was strongly blaming himself for what had happened.
>Even after the talk you gave to comfort him, he was acting a bit different. He was focused on your safety. On traps. Or any harmful contraptions, really. He also started to smoke.
>When you fully recovered, you returned to your party, learning that your supply stock was severely diminished and living conditions were a bit more difficult.
>You improved them by helping the orange stallion with making a new stove. Also you got the learning books for Kalina.
>>
Quest post.

>The night was less restful than at the hospital, where you had comfy beds, true ones instead of makeshift stuff you were lying on right now.
>But hey, it was silent enough to sleep and you didn't have to worry about anything too much during the night. The warmth made this basement extra cozy and you were enjoying it while it lasted.
>Even the bad dreams were replaced by relieving void.
>Why you woke up, you said to yourself?
>Or, right. There was some commotion audible outside. Not too close to your shelter, judging from the sound, but neither could it be described as distant.
>Roaring of engines, some grinding from time to time. Likely it was vehicles moving around.
>Kalina was already awake, same goes for Clean Cushions. The older mare seemed to not care about the sounds outside.
>The green mare was looking more uncertain, but she was helping the elder pegasus.
>While former was loudly reading Equestrian letters and some words, latter was checking for mistakes and correcting them if needed.
>Hranchak was away already. The stove was still warm and some heated food was waiting for you on top of it.
"Where's Hran?" you asked after you helped yourself with the food.
>"He went to see what is this all about, and to gather more resources" Clean was first to answer. "Good morning, by the way."
"Morning, everypony. Do you know when he will be back?"
>"Not really. During your recovery he started to take scavenging very seriously. He was pretty lazy before..."
>"I think saying he preferred to stay here with me would be a better choice of words, Cushions."
>"... Right. So now he cares about all of us more and he often goes to dig through the ruins for food, meds and parts."
"It's actually a nice thing to hear. Well, I hope he will show up soon."
>You didn't lie when you said it. Hran was concerned about the well-being of the whole group, and maybe he was learning how to take initiative.
>cont
>>
>>26572592
>Having him at your side during the city strolls sounded great now.
>It's not like it wasn't great before!
>Just having a companion who wanted to improve his skills, a second creative brain would do only good to you.
>Now, there were several options what to do for first part of the day.
>You could go scavenging, try to check what was happening, wait here for your orange friend, or do something else.
>You felt like something slipped your mind. Something important.

Sorry for the fuckup. Now you know my special secret.

I actually have a guy who helps me with English sometimes. A fellow Slav.
>>
>>26572605
Is the important thing the pony in the theater? We need a rope to tie around our leg and then we can start walking that maze again. We can also talk to the military about it and see if they've done something there first.

Let's take a peek at the noise.
>>
>>26572605
Can we spot what's making the noise from here?
>>
>>26572791
This
>>
>>26572791
>>26572964
>>26572975
>Thinking about all these possibilities, you focused on that important thing.
>Your friends didn't disturb you, seeing the immense amount of effort you made, but it didn't help much.
>It could be anything and always when you thought you got it, it disappeared in your brain again.
>Maybe it was Sin? Sincere Apology, that is, he had a rather unfitting nickname if youwere the one to judge.
>He was lost in the maze, and you didn't want to assume worse.
>You had to get him out of there! Yes, it was your duty to save him!
>Somehow.
>Well, there was a way. Even two ways. First possibility was to go to the nice officer mare and tell her that Sin is somewhere in the cinema, give her directions and let the military handle it.
>Second was much less appeasing. If you had a rope to tie around your leg, you could venture into that place on your own. To look for the stallion while not being afraid of getting lost.
>Or you could try to combine the two ideas, go to the mare and then with her help rescue Sin.
>Yeah, you liked that last one. Definitely this was the right choice.
"Okay" you announced after a while, dropping the expression of deep thinking. "I will be going, do you maybe need something besides more supplies?"
>"Nah, I think we're good for now" replied Clean, then corrected herself. "Obviously, when you will find some food or other supplies, we won't complain."
>You and Kalina shared a little chuckle.
"Oh, I'm sure you won't. So until later!"
>And with that, you left the basement. Instantly, you became more cautious.
>The commotion was still there.
>cont
>>
>>26573045
>All the noise was less obstructed in the open.
>Your location allowed you to take a peek at it's sources, while being still hidden behind the rubble, garbage and block's entrance.
>Not too far from your position, a new frontline was forming. Soldiers were running to and fro, tanks that could still move were taking prepared positions, some cars - regular and armoured - sprang in and out of your vision field, bringing supplies, ammunition, cannons and taking away recently wounded ponies.
>It didn't require a scientist's mind to find out these were Equestrian troops, preparing to defend the city.
>The new front wasn't exactly right above your head, but it was close.
>Really close. One hundred metres, one hundred and fifty?
>And some distant fighting indicated that rearguard was making sure retreat will not be disturbed too soon.
>Things might get intense here one day, or rather any hour.
>But looking for the known officer was convenient now, that's for sure.
>>
>>26573055
We should make preparations to move soon and if that isn't possible then to just batten down the hatches until the battle is over. Let's find an officer then.
>>
>>26573045
God damn it. Didn't they get told about the cinema right after the attack? It was the changeling's base of operation after all. It would've been emptied by them a long time ago.
>>
>>26573126
>>26573178
>Guess you should warn your friends about all this.
>If things will go south, you'd prefer them to either be really far away from this place, or keep their heads down and prepare for everything you could think of.
>At least these traps Hran was making all the time were hidden all over the place.
>Oh wait.
>That wasn't a good thing. Not at all.
>Friendlies may stumble upon them and, well...
>You shivered. The orange stallion prepared his traps to incapacitate or kill. You should let the officer know about them if you will find her.

>Getting down to the basement and telling Clean and Kalina about what was going on there was a matter of minutes.
>Soon you were on your way towards the busy frontline, and it didn't take long for a curious soldier to show up.
>You sighed quietly, but you knew what you had to do. And it was necessary, too.
>After the check and some questions you were led to current officer quarters.
>The place was formerly a workshop of some sort, probably service station or something like that. You assumed it because there was inspection pit in a middle of one room.
>Again, place was swarmed by ponies, readying it, placing simple furniture, reinforcing windows and holes with sandbags.
>The officer was here, and you approached her as soon as you saw her.
>"Oh. Hello again" she greeted you with a tone slightly warmer than you remembered. "What do you need?"
>You slightly tilted your head, surprised when she sent you a faint smile.
"Umm..."
>"Let me take a guess. It's changeling-related."
"How... you're right! Yes" you replied, looking at her as the smile grew a bit wider.
>"Don't look at me like that, I'm not a spy. You just told me, told us some pretty important stuff and I kind of expect you to come and add something to the pile from time to time. Until over two weeks ago, you were the only one suspecting that these bugs are pulling the strings."
>cont
>>
>>26573479
>You feel your cheeks warming ever so slightly. You were feeling important right now, for the first time in forever. And you didn't really know how to react to it.
"I... I just want to help, and I'd like, you know... all of it to be over" you said to the mare, looking downwards for a second.
>"Me too. I got the news from my superiors to watch for changeling threat, take extra precautions prepared in case of discovering them. You had your part in it, hadn't you."
>It wasn't a question. It was a statement full of certainity.
"There was a fight in the Royal Theatre, and our military took one of the attacking changelings prisoner" you began to explain. You didn't really know why, she probably was aware of everything that had happened. "Did he maybe told you something already?"
>"As far as I know he refuses to cooperate. He is one tough son of a bitch, I have to say. Good old Strictmind isn't particularly soft when it comes to laws of war, but none of the methods he issued worked. And they were deemed reliable."
"And what about the rest of Equestria? Did capturing him had any impact on the whole war? We need to let everypony know, and everydog too!"
>"Is everydog even a word? Nevermind. Listen, thing I am about to tell you right now is not a good thing. The day after prisoner was delivered to Town Hall, all of the radio towers we controlled were destroyed or damaged. Only one that still works is on the northern bank."
>"Which is currently wholly occupied by the Dogs" she added, and her voice suddenly sounding more menacing.
>Oh...
>cont
>>
>>26573489
>The message she gave you right now. Your heart sunk, and you lowered your head. So was all you managed to achieve for naught?
"Can't they be repaired in some way?"
>"Yes, they can" the officer mare made a move like she wanted to pat you on the shoulder, but she stopped her hoof mid-air. "It will take a time, thou. A time we might not have. But our conversation drifted from it's original purpose. So, what do you want from me?"
>Did it even matter at this point?
"I don't think if my request can be fulfilled... the cinema they were occupying, the changelings I mean, was turned into a scary maze by their magic. You see, a certain pony was still there when I escaped."
>You left him there, you said to yourself.
>You ran away. It wasn't your fault, right? Who wouldn't? You already did many good things, yes?
"His name was... is Sincere Apology, or Sin."
>"This is one terrible nickname" the mare said, but her voice remained serious.
"The place makes ponies trapped there go insane, and I'm afraid he might still be there. Alone."
>"It's very unlikely, Spring" this time, she sounded a bit sorry, and the hoof stuck mid-air landed on your shoulder. "It will sound brutal, but he's definitely dead by now. The cinema was their base of operation, right? It was likely emptied a long time ago, and all of the witnesses were disposed of."
>A several blinks made you realize that your vision was becoming a bit blurry.
>"I don't think I could afford to send a squad there to look for him. I can contact soldiers responsible for patrolling that part of Fillydelphia and aks them if they found Sin. What did he..."
"Does he."
>"... does he look like? Do you remember?"
>Not really. But do you maybe have anything to say about him, to help the officer? Or do you want to ask something, or tell about something else?
>>
>>26573507
Well we did see his coat color because our horn was lit. Can you tell us some radio towers you control? Maybe we can go there with hran and then we can take everything usable from one tower and then just combine it with an other.
or if soldiers are already doing that we can go to an other empty tower and scourge everything we can there.
we can also go to the radio tower that's supposed to be in the east near the theater I think.
>>
>>26573507
We've had plans to go back to the north side for a while. Maybe we can get to that tower and get a message through.
>>
>>26573587
>>26573624
"I think I can remember the colour of his coat" you said, hestitating. Your horn was lit up back there, so after a while you finished your sentence. Then you added "Also, he was an earth pony or pegasus."
>"These informations will definitely be helpful. Thank you and I really hope somepony will find Sin in good condition" the mare replied.
"Me too. I didn't want to leave him there. It sort of... happened."
>"Sometimes you can't predict everything and you have to improvise, act under pressure, trusting your heart without analyzing everything" she patted your shoulder gently and straightened. "Us soldiers are used to it. In these circumstances it's nothing but survival instinct, present in every single pony and most of other creatures. Now, I have to pass the message and I have other things to attend to..."
"Wait!" you called when she was about to turn around and walk away. "Could you spare one more minute?"
>"Shall I use the stopwatch?" soldier rised her eyebrow, but she remained in place, looking at you expectantly.
"No need to. Can you tell me where are the towers you control? I might help in repairing them."
>"I appreciate your offer, but trust me, we have experienced ponies trying to do everything they can to get at least one of them up and running. We aim to repair the least damaged towers, but if you have some master electrician or engineer somewhere, bring him for help. I wouldn't be surprised at this point."
>The last comment made you smile a little, and it helped you stay calm.
>Think optimistic, Spring. Sin will be okay, and soon the towers...
>Something cklicked in your brain.
>cont
>>
>>26573880
>It wasn't a real sound, that was certain, but probably you looked different, because officer sent you a worried glare.
>"You seem pale."
"Northern bank?"
>"What?"
"You said one radio tower still works, and it's on the northern bank."
>"Don't even think about getting there, they literally sit on the shore from time to time, with sniper rilfes, mortars or machine guns..."
"You don't understand!" you yelled, cold realization dawning on you.
>Several ponies walking around turned their heads towards you, surprised.
"My mom and dad are still out there!"
>This was the important thing you forgot about.
>Your dad was supposed to get on your side of the river, find you and live with you.
>And he did not show up.
>Now you were told the Dogs finally decided to take over the smoldering remains of Northern Fillydelphia.
>"Do you... do you want to take a seat? You look really bad now, Spring."
>Getting to the northern tower was dangerous as Tartarus.
>This is understatement. You are an unicorn, for you that place was a grave, just waiting for you.
>Hot tears began to fill your eyes.
>"Really, take a seat..."
>>
>>26573888
Take a seat.
>>
>>26573888
If by some miracle we're able to reach the tower, can we have some instructions to operate it and a message to transmit?
>>
sss
>>
>>26573934
>>26573935
>You obeyed, taking a seat.
>More like you simply slumped on some box, which gave up under you.
>But it didn't matter for you.
>There were more important problems you had to solve.
>Even crying seemed difficult, or something, because not a single tear rolled down your cheeks yet.
>Maybe, by some miracle, they are okay?
>Even, you gulped at the thought, your unicorn mother? Dad didn't know where she was hiding.
>"Take your time, Spring. I..."
>>"Ma'am, I'm sorry to interrupt, but you are expected at the briefing."
>"I know. Listen, Spring, I will try to return as fast as possible. Don't leave if you don't feel like it."
"C-could you tell me h-how do I operate t-the tower?" you asked, rising your head with considerable effort.
>A spark was still somewhere in you. Faint, but not completely extinguished.
>You tried your best to not lose all hope. Your dad turned to a mentally strong pony, skilled in survival and other... stuff.
>He will prevail, right?
"I need to go to the northern bank anyway."
>"But..."
"I don't want to be rude, but don't try to discourage me. I need to find out about my parents' fate. I need to bring them back here. And I can be useful to all of Equestria too."
>This time it was the officer's turn to bright up with understanding.
"Instruct me on how should I operate the thing. And what message I must transmit."
>She did listen to you, she did what you said.
>cont
>>
>>26574209
>With a sigh the mare sat by your side, and looked you straight in the eyes, as if searching for something.
>Then her gaze hardened, returning to the state you were used to.
>She told you all she knew, but also advised you to take somepony better informed, if you were able to find one that is.
>The message to transmit probably had to be brief.
>But at the same time it should contain all the necessary information.
>>"Ma'am?"
>"Fine, fine. I'm coming" she rose up from the ground and sent you last look and last words.
>"I don't know what the conditions would be like. Honestly, I have no idea. If you will manage to get there you will have to improvise. Tell them the basics - we have changelings cooperating with the enemy, they are probably infiltrating our ranks, we need to enforce special security protocols. Good luck."
>That sounded more like farewell than a nice wish to you.
>Perhaps it was the mood.
>Despite all the determination inside you, there was still something creeping within your heart. A feeling that nothing is worth anything, anymore. It wasn't overwhelming, neither it was heavy.
>It was just... present there.
>The officer and other soldier left you to your own devices.
>Not that anypony was shooing you out of the place, but you were getting signals making you think that everypony's busy and you weren't at right place.
>You felt like you could take a long walk.
>Alone.
>>
>>26574218
There's a certain radio operator to the East that might be able to help us.
>>
>>26574266
>There was this eastern radio tower.
>Even if it was no use to the soldiers, it's operator should still be around somewhere.
>You could take him with you.
>What if he wouldn't be too eager to cooperate with you? After all, the whole journey was dangerous and even in your current state you were fully aware that other ponies, maybe your friends as well, won't think that getting to a Dog-occupied area is a good idea.
>Everypony tries to stay away from them, this is why last free parts of Fillydelphia were overpopulated. This is why nopony tried to escape the besieged city via it's northern disctricts when they were still abandoned.
>But if the operator would not want to join you, you will find a way to convince him.
>With this sketch of a plan in your head, you stood up from miserable pile of cardboard that remained from the box and headed outside.
>As expected, nopony tried to stop you. You were a little sorry for the officer who asked you to stay until you will calm down.
>You didn't do anything wrong, though. She said you could leave when you felt like it.
>Now, to the east!
>Head straight to the tower, when you will find it's exact location? Or maybe take a detour, or multiple ones, and try to gather some stuff for your friends?
>To be honest with yourself, you were feeling like going right to the place. Then maybe return home and prepare a bit. Maybe.
>>
>>26574448
Let's go straight to the tower and then on the way back we can try to gather some things for our friends.
>>
>>26574448
Damn.
If I were in her position I would have lost all hope.

We should let our injuries fully heal first.
Then maybe could find a larger road to head north, instead of directly heading north maybe head northwest or some shit.
I think it's a waste of time to try to save papa
>>
>>26574628
Hope is pretty much the only thing keeping us alive. We've spent plenty of time healing already. The entire north side belongs to the dogs. So you suggest to waste more time when we also have other things we can do up there?
>>
As it's too late for me to continue, I will give you more time to discuss what next. Good night, see you tomorrow. Thank you for playing.
>>
>>26574669
Shit man I just don't know were to start.
>Help with Hran's problem
>Gather resources
>Pack our things and get the fuck away Asap
>dat tower

What shall we do first?

I just lost all hope famu
>>
>>26575945
So just killing time and doing the bare minimum to survive?
>>
we can always go to the hospital and see how our old roommates are? We can also always go back to the theater?
>>
going to bed bump
>>
>>26577749
>>
>You began to walk, heading straight to the radio tower.
>It was important to get that operator, yes? Of course it was. With his help you will get to the northern bank, find the working tower, transmit the mesage.
>Everything will be okay in the end. You will save your family, and also you will become a hero of your hometown.
>Wasn't it a great thought to cling on to?
>...
>...
>You sighed, stopping in the middle of the street. Looking around, you saw nothing but ruins. Piles of rubble, burnt skeletons of high blocks, usually damaged cars.
>It all was resembling the landscape you saw when you were looking for your dad.
>During the siege you slowly got used to the sight of ruins surrounding you. To the sounds of war, rarely disappearing for longer periods of time.
>You were really, really shitty at cheering yourself up, it seemed.
>Another heavy sigh escaped your mouth. So many problems to solve...
>Hran, getting supplies, immediate danger of staying way too close to the frontline...
>Which, worth to mention, was creeping closer. It's the third time Equestrian soldiers are falling back. Fourth if you count abandoning Northern Fillydelphia.
>Finally, the whole radio tower business and your own family issues.
>The drive you had when you decided to head straight east, was dissipating.
>Familiar feeling of everything being worthless at this point was ready to take place of your hopes and plans.
>Maybe focusing on survival was a better thing to do?
>Doom was looming over you and your friends, perhaps ensuring your wellbeing was more important than anything? You didn't want to die, after all. Even if...
>Even if it could be a relief.
>...
>You were not supposed to think like that.
>cont
>>
>>26579074
>When did you sit?
>Oh? Did the Sun come out from behind all the clouds?
>It's warm light, probably last nice ray of sunshine before the long winter, was a good thing to look at. Definitely better than simply sitting and thinking.
>Ray, heh.
>Sunray. The name of your dad.
>You blinked, looking almost directly at the distant ball of light.
>And a sparkle, tiny bit of this light, appeared in your heart again.
>Not everything was lost yet.
>Despite bad conditions, death toll which was probably high, terror of sitting in position and waiting for the enemy, the soldiers still fought valiantly.
>You weren't a soldier.

>Standing up was a bit difficult, but it wasn't because your body was in a bad state. You were much thinner, some of your muscles were a bit sore, however the thing that really matter was your desire to stand up.
>Soon you were on all four and you turned around, walking slowly towards your shelter.
>Correct, you were not a soldier.
>You were just a scared mare, working in a shop, terrified of this all.
>However you were not a coward. You had your friends, and you had a task you needed to do.
>Nothing you did was a waste of time.
>Everything had it's purpose.
>Almost everything.
>The problems you currently had, they simply piled.
>It was just a pile of things you had to solve. A big one.
>cont
>>
>>26579082
>You could still try to make things right, though.
>With this thought in your head, you tried your best to turn the little spark into a roaring fire again.
>While looking for some supplies, of course. It was easiest of things you needed to do.
>Just wandering around, visiting shops and stores, abandoned homes, basements devoid of any pony presence.
>Some citizens were fleeing and leaving behind all they couldn't stuff in their bags. Not everypony could build a working cart, it seemed.
>It was not that much, but even that little amount of food, water, pills was lifting your spirit.
>Ever so slightly.

>Back home, you were greeted by concerned looks.
>"Spring?" Clean, as usual, was the first to ask about your condition. "Are you hurt? What happened?"
>"You look very tired, sweetheart" added Kalina, approaching on her creaky wheelchair. "Exhausted, even."
"Is Hran back?" you simply asked, not really feeling like talking too much.
>"No, Spring. He's not here yet."
"Shame..." you whispered, slipping between the two mares.
>While you were unpacking all you brought to your shelter, they moved closer, but remained silent.
>What would you like to do next? Wait for your stallion friend? Try too look for more stuff? Report what the commotion was about?
>Or go to bed? Stay silent?
>Gaze into nothing?
>>
>>26579093
Find a rope so we can hang yourself. WTF did we lose all of our drive? It was one anon that was arguing that we give up. We might not be a soldier, but we've done a bunch of stuff that they wouldn't or couldn't. We found a "safe" way to the north, we uncovered a bandit group led by a soldier, we got the lighthouse operational, we discovered the changeling involvement, we identified and captured a spy, and we can move freely through the city doing helpful things while the soldiers are stuck at their posts. The momentum of the war is against us and if nothing happens to tip the scales in our favor than we're most likely going to lose. That Intel needs to get out.
>>
>>26579322
>Gazing into nothing would allow you to think about stuff.
>With some light you managed to bring back to your heart when you were gathering supplies, you were afraid that thinking might extinguish it.
>Usually when you were left to yourself, the thoughts you had drifted in undesirable ways.
>This time, however, these undesirable ways were surrounding you. Figuratively speaking.
>With that said, you turned to face your friends, who were still looking at you with care clearly visible on their faces.
>It was... you appreciated it, really. They were everything you had, and even if you were not a beacon of optimism shining in these dark days, you still had enough energy to send them a little smile.
>They deserved it.
>Duo of mares looked at each other, and then straight at you again.
>"Don't hestitate to tell us what bothers you" Cushions sat by your side, without any further invitation.
>For a brief while you thought you would be annoyed by it, you should be. Weren't you tired?
>However the smile remained where it was before.
>"You're always here for us, Spring" she said. "And the only right we could do now is to be here for you."
>"Whenever we asked" the elder pegasus joined "you helped us. With anything, even requests that could be disregarded by any other pony as silly, not useful, stupid."
>Their tender curiousity and honest voices, filled with thesire to help.
>It made you think about more positive situations. Problems you've already solved. Ponies you saved.
>Recent example: your actions at the hospital. During the gas attack you were far from giving up. You did your best to save your roommates who you barely knew, and two teenagers you knew even less.
>In the dark pit of despair you were descending into, a rope appeared.
>Rope you could hold and not fall down to the bottom.
>Rope shining like sunray.
>cont
>>
>>26579938
>You bursted into tears.
>These news you heard hit you hard. Many things that happened touched you, yet accepting that after all good you had done your family might be dead was difficult.
>Clean Cushions enclosed you in a warm, fuzzy embrace, and you gladly returned the gesture, burying your snout in her coat.
>Word by word, you slowly and shakily shared the information you received. Your thoughts. How you felt about everything.
>Then, you cried quietly, letting the time pass.

>How long did it take to calm down?
>Nopony could tell. All the watches you had were long gone.
>But after this time, you were thinking a bit more clear.
>There were things you could not influence. Events that were happening despite anything you did.
>And there were others. Closer to you. Maybe less important when you were thinking about all of Equestria, or even the city itself, but only thing that mattered was that you and your friends did them.
>Starting from the simplest things, from everyday troubles to tricky and dangerous tasks, you did your good.
>Only to give up now?
>You didn't give up yet, did you?
>Up there, in the hardest moments, you were thinking about dying.
>Even if only for a second.
>Would your dad or mom be proud of you if you decided to end this?
>Closer examples, would Clean or Hran or Kalina be pleased?
>Obviously not.
>Somepony cared.
>And if somepony could, you could too.
>cont
>>
>>26579953
>Your family was never confirmed dead. There was still hope. Until you will find them, you won't stop looking. And on your way you were going to send the vital message.
>... try to.
>Let's be realist.
>That was all you could count for. Trying and perhaps, possibly succeeding.
>Sun was still up, and Hranchak was still gone, who knows where.
>You felt like you could stay here some more with your companions, who assured here they will be here.
>Going outside now still was a thing you wanted to delay, but maybe you simply needed time.
>Survival was important, and even if you still were not perfectly fine, you could go and try to do something.
>Oh! Maybe visiting your former roommates?
>Seeing those who you saved could help you get better, yes? You already felt a hint of warmth inside.
>Do you want to prepare for it in some way or simply go pay them a visit?

Poor communication skills, ahoy! I honestly didn't want to imply we lost all the drive.
>>
>>26579967
Checking on our old roommates might help us cheer up a bit more.
>>
>>26580015
>What kind of special preparations could you take before going to a hospital?
>Not much. You could maybe find a gift for them. Shame you didn't have any toys or board games here, Splinter would definitely appreciate them.
>You smiled a bit thinking about her. The other companion, that jawless stallion, was obviously less for a conversation, but he wasn't a bad pony either. He faced the same challenges - playing with overly happy mare.
>You let the two mares know about where you wanted to go, so they wouldn't be worried.
>Hopefully, Hran will soon be back.

>You left your basement, with vest and some clothes on your back. The armour you were wearing during the theatre fight was gone, but you still had one left.
>It will probably be useful so close to the frontline, as long as you will stay here. Better safe than sorry.
>You remembered the way to the medical facility, it wasn't that hard.
>Worse thing was it was leading right through the new frontline.
>The hospital was probably - because you were not sure how exactly the line was charted - on the wrong side of it.
>>
Don't have time to talk but if we're going to be making something of us and Hran we should do it soon.
>>
Well I can try to look for an actual prompt somewhere around. I'll scribble something and take a shower. I hope this will be better.

>Your plan was bombed before it could even take off...
>No, for Celestia's sake, you won't give up so easily.
>The whole talk with your friends, trying to cheer yourself up, it won't go to waste.
>You should at least check if the hospital is still in Equestrian hooves, ask if it was evacuated, and if it all fails, then you could try something else.
>Something that you will need anyway, some time later.
>Sneak past the frontline and possible enemy patrols and sentries, straight to your target.
>And so you began to ask around at first, to know how the front looked like, where were friendly positions, that kind of information.
>Soldiers weren't too helpful, in fact some of them suspected you to be a changeling spy and you had to pass additional tests. Explaining why did you need this knowledge, why it was important to you did just a little good.
>Enough to let you know that rearguard was still holding the main streets leading to previous Equestrian positions and you could try to use this way to get to the hospital.
>Which may or may not be evacuated. Most of the soldiers weren't sure and officers were too busy te help you at the moment.
>You stood before a simple choice this time.
>Continue your plan, try to use the passages still guarded by pony troops, or look for additional information to determine if the facility was emptied or there are still sick and injured ponies inside.
>>
>>26581325
Continue with the plan.
>>
>>26581548
>After some more walking around and asking questions, you decided to stick to the plan.
>Which meant trying to get to the hospital somehow to see if your roommates were still there.
>If yes, you will probably invite Splinter to the team. You could use a pegasus, even if she was a bit off.
>If not, well, good for them. You had no idea how Dogs were treating captured wounded. Immediately after this thought appeared in your head, you assumed worse.
>They were bombing cities full of ponies, using gas and...
>That one basement under your parent's block, filled with dead bodies.
>Don't think about it right now, you said in your mind. This wasn't a good time for recalling.
>Several minutes passed, and you were standing near one of the wide city streets, formerly used to move around quickly. Now if there was any car present, it was not in a good shape, to say the least.
>You were covered by a wall of a still standing building, and this allowed you to peep out and see how was the whole situation.
>On your sides, the military ponies were making sure everything was done properly.
>Street itself was rather empty.
>No ponies sitting there or improvised firing positions, all you could notice were small barricades, stretching across the empty asphalt road, from one side of it to another.
>And a lone soldier's body, laying splayed on the ground about sixty metres from your cover.
>Oh, there was also a big, white 'BEWARE, SNIPER' written on the wall.
>What will you do next?
>>
>>26581857
Look for a path through the sewers.
>>
>>26581952
>According to your last experiences with the snipers, using the sewers to get past them was best thing to do.
>Thus you looked around a bit to see if you will find a sewer grate or an entrance somewhere.
>Of course you remained very careful, kept your head down, avoided exposing yourself.
>Who knows how far their rilfes could reach? You didn't want to take risks, you preferred to be slower and a bit less efficient, but safer.
>This time fate was against you. Or more like road maintenance rules.
>It was a street meant for cars to move at high velocity, and later it probably was splitting to smaller roads leading to variust places in the city centre.
>No nice, big and round sewer entrances for you, at least not right there. You could spot two grates, but they were small, probably too small for you to fit there. They were also mostly in the open.
>You could try to look for a way in, but you either had to go all the way to the regular roads near the centre, or try to look around the ruins, maybe you will find an entrance in some yard.
>There was also most dangerous of your current options, trying to move between the buildings on the surface.
>>
>>26582119
maybe we should try sneaking in at night?
>>
>>26582718
>Or you could do entirely diferent thing.
>Logical one, you realized. Yeah, it was a nice option, you were glad you came up with it.
>You could simply wait for the nightfall, which isn't that long thanks to the coming winter.
>Then, sneaking past the dangerous area would be more simple - the doggish rilfes will not work in the dark. No snipers would harm you.
>Good question was why you didn't think about it before.
>Maybe because being under constant pressure wasn't helping with calm, analytical thinking. Or you really wanted to visit them right now.
>It didn't matter, you had a way of getting through the danger. And the fact you managed to find it actually cheered you up a bit.
>Do you want to do anything before the night will come? There was never enough of supplies.
>Part of you wanted to return to your basement, sit there and wait among friendly souls. Perhaps Hran was there already?
>You could check, but you were not sure if you will bring yourself to get out and look for stuff before sunset.
>>
>>26582879
Let's look for things. Supplies mean we have things to use and trade.
>>
>>26582902
>Guess you will go and look for additional supplies.
>Food and water was absolute necessity in current circumstances. Obviously you had to gather all you could lay your hooves on, to make sure you an your friends will be alright.
>Medicaments, patches, bandages and related stuff you could find was also very important in case you were hurt. And that possibility was present, every breath too deep was gently reminding you about it.
>Finally, cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, books and magazines, all the things that weren't required for your survival, but they could come in handy as valuable goods if you'd have a chance to trade.
>There was no need to ask yourself a question where you could start your search, because you could look everywhere except too dangerous places.
>It all sounded convincing, so the worse part of you stopped trying to make you go back home.
>With all the possibilities, which direction do you choose?
>You couldn't recall the important places nearby, apart of your second shelter, which was now in enemy territory.
>Most of the ponies living here fled, but perhaps you will find somepony who you could ask for directions?
>>
>>26583214
Let's go East. We could check with the radio operator while we're there.
>>
>>26583265
>Going eastwards sounded good.
>You still had some unfinished business there, so by heading that way you were able to kill two birds with one stone.
>Te operator wasn't probably just sitting on his damaged tower, calling for somepony to repair it.
>Again, it was a good thing, for when you'd be walking around the perimeter and asking for him, you also could find whatever there was to obtain.
>So, onwards, to the east.
>...
>Dammit.
>You had only alittle bag on your back. You were supposed to visit injured ponies, not scavenge.
>Time to head home, it seemed.

>When you arrived at the basement, luckily avoiding all the traps, you were greeted with worried looks.
>"How do you feel, Spring?" this time, Kalina was the one who spoke first. "How are your friends?"
"I'll be visiting them a bit later" you explained promptly. "The area is not safe during the day. I think I could say I feel a bit better. Thank you, you two."
>Sending them a smile was likely a good thing, they were clearly glad to see that expression on your muzzle.
>However their joy was disturbed by something at it didn't take a master's degree in science to figure out what was it.
>Hranchak wasn't here.
>The stallion was still away somewhere. You were asleep when he left, and it was pretty long time since morning.
>Much to your surprise, both mares looked equally distressed. Strange, if you considered that Clean and Hran often argued.
>The preparation was brief.
>You didn't know what to say to them, not counting the basic words used to buoy ponies up.
>You could always try, though.

Sorry for not moving on to the target, but I have to go to bed. Until tomorrow. Aha, you probably noticed I try to use one free line from time to time to indicate changing locations, passing time or stuff like that. Let me know if it helps or annoys you.
>>
>>26583666
Where did Hran go? If they can tell us then we could look around the area he was in. I hope nothing has happened to our pal.

I liked the spacing.
>>
bumping from 10.
>>
bumping now.
>>
>>26586035
>>
Good night.
>>
>>26583666
Did hran say where he would go or what he would do? What did he take with him?
>>
>>26586719
>>
>>26584206
>>26587376
>No words sufficient enough were coming to your mind.
>Partially because of your mood, which was still not fit for actual, sincere uplifting messages. Other part was that usually you were the one always away, doing various things, more or less related to survival of your group.
>Which meant you had no idea what to tell your friends to make them feel better, since you weren't used to the situation.
>But maybe you could still do something.
>Yes, in fact, you could. You wanted to go scavenging and searching for that operator anyway, so you could see if you can find hran out there as well.
>Already prepared, you poked Clean, who was currently trying her best in preparing something resembling a stew, out of dried mushrooms, red pepper, carrots, onion and zucchini. You had no idea where most of them came from. They were close to fresh.
>"Hmm?" the mare stopped stirring in the pot, and turned her head slightly.
"Do you maybe know where did Hran go?" you asked, and heard a little sigh.
>"We would be less worried if we knew his exact position."
"Didn't he say anything? Even the direction he chose would help. I could go look for him during my own walk."
>"Could you?" she was looking a bit more tense. "That would be won... Kalina will be glad to hear this. I don't know where he could be right now, but he was said he will go north-east."
>North-east?
>How awfully convenient.
>This direction could lead you to the industrial district, if you were brave enough.
"Thank you. I'll be on my way, then."
>"Be careful out there."
"I will. I need to taste that mysterious stew of yours, it smells delicious."
>You both smiled at each other. Did the basement get a little warmer?
>cont
>>
>>26589022
>As if to mock you, the weather was worsening gradually during your walk.
>No pegasus could control it now. The clouds covered lowering Sun, making everything look gray or gray-ish.
>The howling wind was getting stronger, and it stung you with cold, making your face burn and lungs hurt whenever you had to trot and take deeper breaths. Inhaling only through the nose was somewhat helpful.
>You didn't recognize these parts of the city, but you could spot ponies here.
>They were moving around with sleds or carts, cutting down all the trees and bushes they could find.
>Also they were trading with each other and having little chats, but usually it was not top priority thing.
>They were... guarding the yards, you noticed.
>Maybe these ponies could know something. Or have things you could need. It's not like you had something to barter on you right now, though.

Next reply as soon as I will do chores.
>>
>>26589030
Ask if any of them have seen Hran. It would help if we knew he came this way.
>>
>>26589059
>The busy ponies walked here and there, clearly undisturbed by ever-present warfare noises.
>Even foals and fillies were helping, breaking the little branches, pulling small sleds. Or they were just running around and playing, building snowponies or throwing snowballs at each other, not caring about the war.
>You approached one of the older ponies, who tried her best to barter. She wanted to get some gas for lighters she had. Lighters were more expensive, but better than matches if the area was damp.
>The trader, skinny and generally weak-looking unicorn, was unconvinced and denied any of her offers.
"Hello" you greeted them both, trying to sound friendly. "I'm looking for somepony. Could you please tell me if there was an orange earth stallion passing by? He's pretty slim, even by current standards."
>"I think I saw him, he was..."
>>"Lady, I don't have whole day!" the merchant was clearly unhappy with your presence. "Add something to the pile and I will give you your gas."
>"I've already told you, pack of pills and two cans of spinach are worth way more things than mere can of lighter gas!"
>>"For you, maybe."
>"Oh for fuck's sake... Hey, you look like a nice mare. Can you help me?"
>>
>>26589777
Medicine is pretty valuable if their willing to travel. They could do an under the table trade for it in Old town and buy the fuel at prewar price.
>>
>>26589879
"If this guy doesn't want your pills" you stated with a straight, almost emotionless face "you can always sell them for a fine price in the Old Town. If you like to travel. Then you could try to look for the fuel to buy it for a prewar price. They still use bits, you know?"
>"Oh? That's weird, everypony else deems bits as useless. I'll follow you advice."
>>"No, wait! I-I have the lighter gas can right here, and you can have it for this perfectly fine pile of stuff you presented me!" stallion was slightly sweating, and he glared daggers at you.
>"I think I could try my luck at the Old..."
>>"N-no, really. Pack of pills and one can of spinach? Is this fine?"
>"I don't really know..." the mare was sounding serious as tartarus, but when unicorn wasn't looking, she winked at you.
>>"Fine, pack of pills and could you please give me a jacket? It's really cold, you know."
>Was this it?
>Well, that was easy.
>Knowing what was going on in the Old Town turned into a profit.
>You should try your best to remember that this information might be useful when trading, you told yourself.
>Not measurable one, but you helped a pony who was going to be chiselled by some greedy merchant.
>"Fine. One nice pack of pills and a jacket, here you go!"
>cont
>>
>>26590669
>>"And here is your fuel. Thank you very much, I hope your day will be nice" the trader said politely and walked away slowly, seemingly minding his own business. But when he passed you, you swear you heard a very quiet whisper directed at you.
>>"Cunt."
>And he was out of your reach.
>"Do they really still stick to bits?" the pony asked you curiously, happy that you helped her.
"Yeah. And military there is very... strict. They care about rules, you should remember this if you ever decide to venture to the Old Town."
>"Sure. Again, thank you. I couldn't afford to offer him anything else, I have two children to care for. They are made of quicksilver!"
"I bet. Every foal acts the same at a certain age" you said, grinning for a second both to her and your own memories. "So, umm... I have to go, look for my friend."
>"Oh yes! I almost forgot. I saw him, orange earth pony, like you said. He wasn't much for a conversation, but he asks for directions from time to time. He usually sticks to that building over there when he's around" she pointed her hoof at something that was previously a block of flats with shop added on a ground floor "and then he goes who knows where."
>>
>>26590684
Head there. Also thank the mare for the info.
>>
>>26591613
>The building didn't seem to be too inviting on its own, but you headed towards it anyway.
>If Hranchak was its guest, you could also be one.
>Upon closer inspection you realized that the shop was turned into a pub. Or whatever you could call a place basically attracting all the ponies around, some of them drunk and shaky.
>Two beefy and well-fed stallions blocked your way, looking straight at your not impressive posture.
>>"Who goes there?" asked one of them, very seriously.
>...
>>"Come on, this is just a little mare, what could she do in there?" said the other one, winking at you in friendly manner.
>Or inviting, perhaps?
>>"She has a horn, tho."
>>"Half of our customers have a horn and you are still greeting everypony with your oh so manly 'Who goes there?'"
>>"But... that's what I get paid for."
>>"You get paid for calming down the troublemakers, and she doesn't look like one. What's your name, pretty?"
"Spring" you said right away, getting a nice wide smile in return.
>>"Come in, Spring, plenty of room for another fine mare here!"
>>"I am not taking responsibility for this."
>>"Alright, dude, whatever. I'll give your a taste of that sweet rump if she's a wrongdoer" you heard while you were passing the two guards.
>The place was filled with cigarette smoke, sweat, noise and movement.
>Counter was on your right, and it was swarming with ponies of all races.
>There were some real and makeshift tables on your left, definitely less cramped.
>Your friend was nowhere to be found.
>>
>>26592245
We should check with the bartender.
>>
>>26592294
>You turned to the left, trying your best to not cough loudly when you inhaled, taking a goot share of smoke filled air into your poor lungs.
>And you failed.
>Miserably. You coughed a lot on your way to the counter.
>The bartender was a mare. She looked very... motherly, if you were the one to judge. Corpulent earth mare sent you a special bartender smile. You couldn't tell if it was sincere or fake, but you already thought about having a drink.
>"Hello there, cutie! Welcome to the Crater, how may I help you?"
>Wow, such an original name. Definitely pony who ruled this place was an example of creativity.
>>
>>26592522
Ask about Hran.
>>
>>26592609
"Do you happen to know a certain pony?" you said right away, without returning the expression. "Was he present here?"
>The mare behind counter frowned, but listened to you when you were describing Hran as best as you could.
>After you were done, silence fell between you and her. Whole pub was still filled with commotion, but she was looking at you coldly and you didn't like thing you saw in her eyes.
>"Why would I tell you this?"
"I'm his friend" you answered like it was obvious.
>"So?"
>>
>>26592639
His mother and the rest of us are worried about him, he's been gone all day.
>>
>>26592725
I'm sorry, I was making myself some fried sandwiches.
"So? His mother and rest of the group he's a member of are worried sick about him!" you said, leaning towards the mare across the counter.
>She didn't look like she cared in the slightest.
>In fact, her expression turned even colder, if it was even possible.
>She looked at you, then away at somepony deep in the crowd whirling in the room.
>You turned your head slightly, trying to see who that might be, but to no avail.
>"Awesome. I will be really happy to help" she said blankly. "You should get out of here and head southwards."
>>
>>26593161
A general direction, that's it? What would happen if we decided to wait here until he comes back? Who did she look at?
>>
>>26593217
"That's it?" you asked yourself, but loudly.
>The mare remained silent, and soon she went to serve other customers, who were approaching often.
>Huh. She gave you only a general direction. Southwards could be anywhere south from here, even in the middle of outskirts you left when you assembled your team.
>This wasn't helpful at all.
>Again, you tried to see who was she looking at, but result was exactly the same as before. You found nopony special.
>When she was done with a wave of customers, you called her again, and she approached without a delay, like a good bartender.
"Can I wait for him here?" you politely asked, and she rised her eyebrow.
>"Yes, I guess?" she said. "Why couldn't you? But you have to order something first, then do whatever you want. Don't cause trouble."
>>
>>26593377
maybe we should ask the friendly bouncer if he's ever seen hran.
>>
>>26593458
"I won't, don't worry" you replied putting lot's of honesty in your voice.
>"Okay, I think I believe you. Do oyu want something, then?"
"I don't know" you looked at the improvised shelves behind her, filled with various kinds of beverage scavengers could bring here. "I'm not a drinking type."
>"Feel free to use the machines, then. Or play some cards. And if you will be hungry or thirsty, let me know. There's more than alcohol here."
"Okay" with this, you moved away from the counter, heading towards the entrance.
>Two muscular stallions were still standing on two sides of it. Now you could see them clearly, but thanks to the rubble and their position they were pretty much invisible from the outside.
"Excuse me?" you said politely, gently poking the friendly guard.
>He looked at you and grinned widely.
>>"Oh hey, not only good looking, but also polite! I like this!" he said joyfully, earning a sigh from his comrade, who didn't even look in your direction. "What is it?"
"I have a question. I need to find my friend, we're worried about him back home" you started to explain.
>Then you provided him with the same description you gave the bartender.
>He frowned, looking at you but not coldly like the mare inside, but with careful hesitation in his eyes.
>>"I think I know who you mean. He has that funny name, but he's a good lad. Where did he go, you ask? Eastwards, this time."
>>
>>26593626
there a reason for the reluctance of sharing information? did a pony in the past do something bad and lie or something? thanks handsome. How can we repay you?
>>
>>26593626
The bartender gave us a completely different direction.
>>
>>26593673
>>26593705
"It's quite funny, you know" you said to the stallion, who was kind of confused right now.
>>"Oh really? Why?"
"Because the bartender there gave me a completely different direction. She told me to head south."
>>"Why would she do that?" he asked, himself rather than you.
>>"Maybe because our nice bar is supposed to serve all our customers, regardles what their job is?" the other guard said, annoyed by your presence and his comrade's cluelessness. "Why do you even work here?"
>>"I'm the boss' brother!"
>>"Oh. Right."
>>"You should be happier sometimes, bro."
>>"It's hard with somepony like you around."
>>"Aww..."
"Ekhem" you gently reminded the closer body guard of your continuing existence.
>>"Ah, sorry. So you know, we try to not tell everything about our customers to random ponies."
>>"With emphasis on 'try'."
"Why? Did he do something bad? Lied to you, ran away without paying or started a fight?"
>>"Nah, not really. I've told you he's a good lad, haven't I? He always has something to give in exchange for cigarettes, some information to tell to our bartender. I usually like to have him around."
>cont
>>
>>26593986
>>"But he's a pain in the ass sometimes. Remember when he beat the fuck out of that one unicorn two days ago?"
>>"That bastard asked for it."
>>"And you were too damn lazy to intervene before they broke a table. Great job."
>>"Hey, at least we got some moonshine afterwards."
>>"It's something, I guess."
>So apparently Hran didn't have a bad reputation at this bar.
>You weren't sure if it was a good or a bad thing, assuming it probably allowed criminals in as well. If you correctly understood that serving all customers and no information part.
>At least he was here recently, that meant he was alive and well. Good.
"Thank you for guiding me."
>>"My pleasure" the guard you were talking to bowed jokingly, giving you another friendly grin.
"How could I repay you?" you asked, glad that you met him and he helped you so eagerly.
>Both stallions looked at each other for a short while, silent.
>>"I'm sure we will think of something appropiate" the closer one said, waggling his eyebrows at you. "What do you offer?"
>Oh.
>Oh damn.
>Did he really...? Oh Celestia.
>What do you say? You desperately needed to come up with something not related to... that stuff.
>>
>>26593997
Do they want us to buy them a drink or maybe tell them something? We can also just give him a kiss and then run out of there.
>>
>>26593997
Not that kind of favor.
>>
>>26594023
>>26594056
>You shook your head vigorously, imagining what would happen if you neck snapped right at this very instant.
>That would be scary as tartarus to those two guards, either because death or surprise.
"N-not this, that's for sure" you said, trying to make your voice strong and firm, but it wasn't a great success.
>Two guards shared a chuckle.
>>"It was worth a try" said the nicer one, and then shrugged. "Maybe the next mare will be more eager to share her beauty with us."
>>"Yeah, sure, whatever, we have to get something from her anyway."
>>"Do we really 'have' to ask for something in return?"
>>"You don't, but I will."
>>"Look at him, lady. Such a materialist, heartless bastard, isn't he?"
>Another grin. Smile you gave in return was weak, because your heart was still beating a little faster.
>Uff, close call!
"So what could I give you? Do you want a drink, perhaps?" you asked, to end this conversation and finally move on to looking for operator, Hran and stuff for your friends.
>>"Sounds neat, if you ask me!" closer stallion was ready to follow you immediately.
>>"We are not supposed to dring while on guard."
>cont
>>
>>26594308
>>"You're no fun. Come on, dammit! Will one glass of something nice make a great difference?"
>>"No, if boss won't know about it."
>>"We just need to find a gift for the bartender, then."
>>"Waaaaaaait a moment, I have an idea!"
>>"Oh Princesses, not another one..."
>>"We can send her to bring us the drinks and bartender - plus our boss - won't know shit!"
>Less easygoing guard started to clap slowly, while faking an expression of utter bewilderment.
>>"My, my. Your brain still struggles to live!"
>You left the stallions outside and walked right into the smoky, noisy pub, approaching the counter.
>Bartender came to you after a second or two.
>"Have you decided what to order? Awesome, tell me what is it."
>Well, what could you order for the guards? More importantly, will you afford anything? There were no prices written anywhere and you were pretty damn sure ponies here aren't stupid enough to accept bits.
>>
>>26594318
Ask for the prices and selection.
>>
>>26594318
what do ponies usually drink? give us that. then ask the price.
>>
>>26594342
"I didn't ask what could I order here, yet" you explained, getting an annoyed but not overly loud snort.
>"Everything you see on the shelves behind me is availible, for a price, of course."
>The selection was vast, it ranged from kahlua and advocaat to absinthe and stuff you didn't see in your life, even in the movies. You weren't the type of mare who walked around the town at night to buy some overpriced alcohol.
>Nevertheless, you were absolutely sure the assortment was at least comparable to a decent Old Town club before the war.
>Part of you wanted to know where did they got all of this, glass bottles filled with liquid weren't famous for durability.
>"Well?"
"Iiiii think I will ask for most popular drink" you said, and before she turned around to do what you asked for, you cunningly pretended to change your mind. "No, make it two."
>"Okay, that will be..." the bartender quickly calculated something in her mind "quarter of a kilogram of sugar."
>cont
>>
>>26594531
>You frantically went through your saddlebags, trying to recall if you took sugar with you or not. During you preparation you thought about getting some stuff for barter, who knew what could be useful?
>Yes! There it was, a nice plastic bag filled with sugar. Just when you needed it. Being prepared was a nice feeling.
>Trying to not spill any of it, you measured the right amount of sweet little crystals and received your drinks. It was a mug of beer with a shot of vodka thrown into it.
>Still in glass.
>This had to be some serious stuff. You rarely drank anything more than hard cider and occasionaly a beer mixed with juice.
>You took two mugs, one in your hoof and one in your magic grip and left, trying your best to keep all the liquid where it should be.
>Successfully.
>Two guards were thankful and that nice on even wanted to let you taste the drink, but you refused.
>Finally you could go where you should be going for quite a time now.
>To the east.

This is it for today, again I have to get up early, as usual in Sundays. I hope you had fun. Tomorrow I will try to write faster. I'm a bit rusty. Good night.
>>
>>26594538
Goodnight
>>
>>26594538
Let's find Hran!
>>
little bump
>>
Let's bump!
>>
Let's hope we won't run into anymore trouble.
>>
We should probably have a heart to heart with Hran when we find him.
>>
>>26597943
>>
>You really counted on your luck this time.
>For now, everything seemed to work just like you wanted, trace of your friend was fresh and it led in the same direction you needed to follow anyway.
>He didn't do anything overly bad as far as you know, even if the place he visited looked a bit too shady for your tastes. This was also a good think, you couldn't imagine what would you do if Hran turned into a criminal all of a sudden.
>Why would he even do that?
>It's not like he was on his own and struggled with the past alone. None of you were alone no matter what, you thought while closing your eyes for a second.
>As you were moving eastwards, less and less ponies were staying in the open. Fillies and foals disappeared first, then ponies casually hanging out, traders, finally these who looked for stuff.
>Weather worsened again, tiny but sharp snowflakes joined the wind, which also formed snow flurries, decreasing your ability to see clearly.
>Soon spotting a pony, usually trying to salvage something from the building remnants or debris became rare occurrence.
>It was a clear indication that again you were closing to the frontline, which started to worry you more and more with each step you took.
>Why would Hranchak come here?

>Possibility to find out showed up as soon as you left the relatively less damaged area.
>The place you entered now was designated as cementary, it seemed.
>Square a size of average yard, cleaned from garbage and beton chunks, with tens and tens of sticks. On some of them, a helmet was placed. On others, you could see a Solarist symbol, sometimes replaced by Diarchy one.
>Three dark figures were standing among the graves, closer to you than pressumed frontline location.
>They didn't see you yet.
>The place was desolate, thus you were not bold enough to casually walk to them and see who they were, especially with limited visibility.
>Voices were muffled, both by wind and on purpose.
>What do you do?
>>
You will have some time to form a plan, or ask for additional info. Don't need to respond too hastily, because I will be not availible for some time, unfortunately. I can't tell how long exactly it will be, certainly longer than hour.
>>
>>26600093
These guys are ponies, right? They're probably just grieving over a loved one. Let's ask if they've seen Hran recently and where he went.
>>
>>26600100
well good day to you
>>
And back.
>Against everything that your little paranoia told you, you decided to approach the mysterious figures, although you remained very cautious.
>They were definitely ponies, and that thing helped you to make your mind whether you should leave them alone or try to ask for help.
>What were they doing here? It's a graveyard, they were likely grieving over a heavy loss - a family member or a good friend, victim of the war.
>Whoever they were, they turned to face you after you made first few steps, startled by the crunching snow.
>Several more seconds and you were able to see them clearly. The mystery was uncovered.
>There were two soldiers, unicorn mare and pegasus stallion, and another mare, definitely not an unicorn.
>They didn't react to yor presence in any way other than stopping their quiet conversation.
"Excuse me?" you gained their attention. "Have you seen this pony recently? He's my friend and I'm looking for him."
>Again, you described how Hran looked like.
>>"I haven't seen any pony matching your description" said the stallion right away and without hestitation.
>Maybe a little too fast. This was getting pretty complicated.
>>"What about you, Flask?"
>"I don't think somepony like this catched my eye. We're sorry."
>Anything you would like to add, or you wish to continue looking for Hran?
>>
I think it would be beter to clarify that you could convince these guys to talk.

Or I can simpy assume you decided to continue the search on your own, which is also valid. Justlet me know what should I do and in the meantime I will take a shower.
>>
>>26602730
ask how long they've been here so you can get an idea of how long it's been since hran's passed and they missed him.
>>
>>26603730
>It was a hard case, it seemed.
>Friendship wasn't a convincing thing anymore, so you were dependant only on your luck, observation and skill.
>The first of three named traits was the one you experienced and 'used', if you could say this, the most during past few days.
>You suspected they were avoiding answer on purpose, which was strange when you considered their affiliation to the Equestrian army.
>But maybe it would be better to not dig too deep, at least not now, when you were alone and probably far from any aid.
>You still needed something from them, though.
>If only they told you for how long they were standing here and talking, you could get an idea of when Hran might've passed this way.
>This might be somewhat tricky, since you didn't have a reason to strike any conversation with them.
>You weren't sure if simple, straightforward qustion will result in honest answer. The soldiers didn't have reason to lie, but...
>Ha, you had an idea!
>Acting! You already played crazy once, so now you might act naÑ—ve, especially that your previous question could be easily accounted for that type of personality.
>Sometimes you were astonished by your own genius.
"Awww" you said, pouted and lowered your head.
>It was likely working, all three ponies looked straight at you.
"I really wanted to find him. I'm worried, and I was too scared to stay in the shelter all alone."
>You heard some whispers and murmurs, too quiet to discern. The stallion shook his head slightly at his horned companion.
>"I'm sorry, I really wish we could help you" she said sadly.
"I'll just keep looking for him. Thanks anyway, you look like nice ponies."
>>"Uhm... we try our best, really."
"Oh!" you decided you may try to get what you wanted now, right after a stringer blow of wind. "It's soooo cold, I need to hurry. Don't stay in the open, or else you will be sick!"
>"Don't you worry, we're here for only half an hour."
>cont
>>
>>26604678
>Yes!
>You did it! The ruse worked, and you trotted away from the trio, looking around innocently.
>"Twelve o'clock!" suddenly the unicorn mare decided to call after you, without shouting, but despite that you were able to hear her message normally.
>Stallion reacted immediately and hushed her, then they started to argue in lower tones.
>"Why would she lie to us, Glide?" was the last thing you were able to discern.
>Leaving the cementary didn't take a long time.

I have about two hours straight to post, then I will head to bed. I'm applying for a job tomorrow. Sorry for those of you who usually come late.
>>
>>26604734
So the journey east continues. We should really wear a scarf to cover our face.
>>
>>26604759
>Twelve o'clock, huh? That sounded like a secret message.
>What could it mean, you asked yourself, stretching your brain, trying to uncover the hidden message she said. That mare tried to help, that's why she got scolded, or at least you assumed that was happening when you were leaving.
>That phrase must be related to your first question. You asked if they saw him, response was negative and...
>Hold up. That phrase was ringing a bell. You heard something similar before.
>Stopping behind a single, still proudly standing wall you focused on the slippery thought, a memory.
>Of course!
>It was used when a soldier tried to indicate enemy location, or objective location, whatever really.
>If somepony told you that sitting on your ass whenever you got a day off and watching anything you could find in TV will pay off one day, you'd laugh so loud that it would attract the police.
>When you were standing still, you were a middle of dial. Hours were directions, and your face was always twelve, or at least that's how it was shown in all these movies.
>Before you stumbled upon those three ponies, you were facing east. Now you were heading east.
>So the direction was clear. Hranchak passed nearby, heading straight, without taking turns.
>Great.

>Another violent blow made you close your eyes and shiver.
>With all the clothes you were currently wearing, you still lacked something to cover your neck and snout. Getting a scarf jumped upwards on your personal priorities list.
>The area you entered was even more ruined, you rarely could find something that could be named a building. However the terrain wasn't flat, nor was it uncomfortably open. There still were walls, rooms without roofs, doorframes with beton or bricks around them, fences, basement entrances.
>Suddenly you found tracks. You decided to follow them, and meter by meter they became more visible and clear.
>Somepony used this road and you were getting close to him. Please Celestia, let it be your friend
>cont
>>
>>26605128
>Tracks led to a barely cleared entrance, more resembling a hole in the hill that was previously a block or something like this.
>It was surrounded by beton and brick chunks of various sizes, and covered by piece of corrugated roof instead of door. The whole thing made you think of a really poor camouflaging attempt. Worth a gold star, but nothing more.
>But what was way more interesting than shape of this place, two voices were audible when you moved close, following the traces you discovered.
>One was very weak and you couldn't tell who was talking, and the other one belonged to nopony else but Hranchak.
>This one wasn't weak, however it was purposely kept low. It was hard to discern the exact words.
>You heard something about a deal.
>>
>>26605140
Keep listening.
>>
>>26605140
Let's try to overhear what's being discussed. also this better be good.
>>
>Just browsing through /mlp/ when I see this thread.
>See the name.
>Immediately think of this character and start feeling. ( http://theunderhell.wikia.com/wiki/Bryan )
Damn it, it's feels really fuckin' bad to remember this shit, more because of how long I've been waiting for more shit from WeCreateStuff.
>>
>>26605222
>>26605230
>Creeping closer and closer, you did your best to overhear whatever they were discussing inside.
>Your movement were slower, for you wanted to be as quiet as you could, to not warn them about your presence. If you will slip, make a noise, you will probably never know what the orange pony was doing so far away from your shelter.
>Finally you were close enough to place yourself near a small crevice between metal plate and the frames. A thin strip of light was coming from inside. Candles or fire, you judged from the warm colour.
>>"... have to wait. Their superior is growing suspicious, and obtaining this will be more and more difficult" you heard your friend's voice clearly. This was a good spot.
>>"Man, I already try my best. I swear, I would repay you properly if I only could. It's damn hard to find anything around here. Frontline is too close, man!" the other voice belonged to a stallion and it was... fragile. This was the best word to describe it. Fragile and frantic, like this guy was very lively. Or desperate.
>Last thing left a bad taste in your soul.
>>"It's not too close if shells are not falling nearby. Maybe if I will give you some time to think about it..."
>>"N-no! I need this package, man. I dunno why, but they trust you, you're the only one who can help, man!"
>>"I know, but I don't really care. You knew the price well, we had a deal, and now you're breaking it."
>You felt warmth on your cheeks, accompanied by slowly appearing grief and anger. This sounded bad, really bad.
>You couldn't believe it.
>>
>>26605428
Listen a bit more. We have no context.
>>
>>26605487
>>"Listen here, man" the weaker voice continued. "I need you, and you need me. I make your job easier, while you are providing me with stuff I couldn't get so easily on my own. I don't even look trustworthy."
>What now?
>>"I missed the part where your words allow you to alter the deal all of a sudden" Hran was annoyed "Especially that you agreed on every term."
>Weak-sounding stallion coughed a bit, and you could hear your friend's sigh.
>>"I agreed, but the terms aren't reasonable enough now, man. Say, have you ever looked around from time to time? How hard do you think is getting enough food and water both for me and for you? And you always take amount fit for at leas two adult ponies. This is ridiculous."
>>"Ridiculous or not, I take risks for you. Do you think this is a fucking walk in the park? One day field medics will certainly find out that some 'meds'" you were one hundred percent sure the quotation mark was supposed to be there "are gone. They will investigate. If I'll be unlucky or not careful enough, if my contacts will bring a tail with them, or if one of them becomes snitch, I'm fucked. Nopony will touch you, but I'm going right to the ground. Now pack the food or you will wait quite a while for your next snort."
>>
>>26605684
Well that's interesting. deal seems pretty dangerous on hran's side.
>>
>>26605684
He's stealing drugs to exchange them with this guy for food and water. He's actually doing banditry to prevent us from needing to scavenge.
>>
>>26605788
>>26605790
>A low and surprisingly strong grumble was audible from behing the corrugated roof piece.
>No words were said, however you could imagine the tense present in that room right now.
>Finally some shuffling, annyoing mumbling, cloth rubbing cloth, glass dingling.
>Not a long after only wind was hearable outside, and all the noises from the basement faded away.
>Your friend wasn't leaving yet, so he was probably still discussing something, but this time both ponies were so quiet you couldn't get a thing out of their conversation no matter how close to the improvised divider you crept.
>>"Be better prepared next time" he finally said, and when you heard that you crawled away from the totally ruined building, trying to be more fast than quiet now.
>You hid behind a pile of snow, debris and whatever else - terrible smell was coming out of it - right in time.
>Hranchak pushed the metal away, scrutinously searching the perimeter for any signs of uncalled for guests.
>You never said him in clothes he was wearing now.
>A coat, scarf covering hos whole face, ushanka, saddlebags visibly full of something, obviously the food and water. Thanks to the clothing he looked somewhat more intimidating.
>Not to mention Salty, always close to him.
>He didn't notice you or anything unusual, so he placed the plate back where it was supposed to be and started to trot away.
>Confront him now, follow him to see if he was going straight home?
>Or abandon the issue to continue your journey eastwards?
>>
>>26606040
>hos
I meant to say his, and I forgot a comma right [>Finally, some shuffling] there.
>>
And time to go to sleep.
>>
>>26606040
Considering the gravity of the situation I think we should confront Hran. Let's move a few blocks then talk.

>>26606301
Good night and good luck.
>>
>>26606040
Sleep tight man

Even if he is mad as fuck right now, we need to do something.

The more time we wait, the worse everything will be.

Waiting until we are back to the shelter will only be worst because Kalina and Clean will be in the middlee of the shit.

The only way of doing it in the shelter without the others knowing it is going full Hamlet, pretending that we are planing to do the same at the shelter.

>"Hey guys I have an idea, you know I have a contact in the hospital... so I can traffic drugs and trade them for food so we don't have to scavenge".

Then we look at Claudio's/Han reaction to the premise.
But Hamlet was a passive-agressive faggot and deserved to die.

>>26606676
This
>>
>>26606879
>But Hamlet was a passive-agressive faggot and deserved to die.

kek
>>
>>26606301
>>
>>26606040
Let's confront him now so that he can join us in our travels.
>>
have a good night
>>
>mfw this thread is finally back
>>
I'm back and I write the post already, but since thread is on page ten I want to indicate my return and resume to writing, so you won't have to bump.
>>
>The situation you were unwittingly dragged into was very grave.
>Hran was your friend, a good one, and you weren't exactly eager to jump to any conclusions without having proofs laying on your hooves.
>But you heard what was said in a desolate basement somewhere on the way to industrial district, Eastern Fillydelphia. Orange stallion turned into a drug dealer.
>He had a contact somewhere who helped with obtaining the stimulants, and after getting them, he was coming to the hideout you just seen him leaving. Then drugs were exchanged for food and water.
>Hran was clearly acting in a good will, now you knew where did he find relatively fresh vegetables while winter was basically turning you into a snowmare in your hiding place.
>What you wanted to say it was strange from the start and now you knew where did they came from.
>But back to the matters at hoof, despite his good will, what he was doing counted as outright banditry and you heard him saying that if something goes wrong he will be killed.
>While you were forming these toughts and trying to sort the things you learned, the earth pony moved so far from your position that he was barely visible in the whirling snow anymore.
>You had to follow him, and on your way you will decide if you should confront him about his actions.
>cont
>>
>>26611789
>Along the way back weather finally decided what it wanted to throw at the harrowed city. Snowstorm.
>Soon nearly every sound apart of the wind was undiscernable, and you had to cut distance between you and earth stallion to not lose him in the white and gray, surrounding you.
>He took several turns, although you remembered the way as straight. At one point you almost tripped over something, too focused on the dark figure before you.
>It was a grave. You were back at the cementary, but it was not the same spot where you met the three ponies, you could tell because you weren't in the open, but closer to the ruins. Wall stretching towards lead-coloured clouds was rather good indicator.
>All of a sudden Hran disappeared.
>Instantly you felt heat in your body, adrenaline rushing through your veins along with blood.
>You blinked quickly and even helped yourself with your hoof to get rid of the snow on your face and eyelashes.
>Yep, he was still gone.
>However with sight undisturbed by drops of molten snow and little crystals of ice you could notice a dark alley, miraculously not clogged by debris.
>Not that much, at least. Anyway, this was certainly where he took another turn.
>Slowly, you approached the narrow alley, perking your ears and fixing your sight.
>Cursed blizzard didn't help in the slightest.
>cont
>>
>>26611798
>>"How was it today?" you heard a male voice, brought to you by the wind, blowing in your direction from the passage.
>>"The bastard's getting awfully stingy each time I visit him. I think he needs a break" this time it was Hran speaking.
>>"Well, isn't it lucky?"
>>"Lucky?"
>>"Today our sargeant gathered all of his ponies and told us to stay vigilant. 'Listen up, shitstains' she said" you noticed a deep change in speech of the other stallion. He tried to fake a raspy and bad-sounding, but feminine voice "'our sawbones let us know about some serious shit going on. We have junkies in our ranks'. You know how hard it is to keep a straight face when you are facing a mare that needs to bend her head if she wants to look you straight in the eyes?"
>>"I can barely imagine" Hran didn't seem to be disturbed. In fact, he sounded amused. "I hope you still have some of the coffee and tobacco I brought you."
>>"I do, but it won't last for too long, I still need to give a share to a pony or two."
>>"Don't sweat it, I will think of something."
>>"But you said we're taking a break?"
>>"No, that guy takes. I can come up with some explanation why suddenly I'm bringing less supplies back from my escapades, I don't think they will suspect a thing. Besides, you did so much for me that I can stretch my legs some more for you."
>>"By Princesses, you're a best thing that happened to me since forever. Ah, there's one more thing. Watch your back."
>>"Huh?"
>>"This time you've been followed" the soldier's voice sounded ominously even through the wind. "I'll tell you more next time, I have to go now. But keep your eyes peeled."
>>"Got it. Don't get yourself killed."
>cont
>>
>>26611805
>Oh sweet Celestia, you had to hide quick!
>Not that you were afraid of Hran, of course not, that would be stupid. Why would he hurt you?
>He killed to protect you.
>However you still wanted to see where else he will go. And you didn't convince yourself to talk to him about his deeds yet.
>The more you thought about it, the more you were certain you should do it.
>But when and how?
>Reveal yourself right now, strike a conversation and say that you saw everything?
>Let him go back home, and then try?
>First possibility was easier, because there would be only you two and nopony else from your group. Kalina and Clean would surely judge Hran for getting himself into all this. You couldn't asess how strongly would each mare react. If you confronted him now, he would join your venture east.
>In this snowstorm. It would hide you from eyes of the enemy, but it worked both ways. Traps were more difficult to spot and avoid.
>Also, Hran might feel endangered and accused, if you will appear out of nowhere, even if you won't try to have a talk with him right away.
>Second way was tricky. You had to perform it in a certain way, but if you would manage to do it correctly, you will gain a ground for the real confontation.
>You'd have to talk to your group and propose exactly what he was doing as your own idea. Then you would be able to see reactions of all members of your team.
>Maybe this will make him feel secure and he will reveal what he was doing. Then you could talk with him about it freely.
>It sounded like more smooth way of solving this.
>On the other hoof, waiting will likely make everything worse.
>You were conflicted.
>cont
>>
>>26611819
>With this conflict, you were still following Hranchak, however after the conversation he had in the alleyway, he was more careful.
>Which made your job difficult.
>Perhaps letting him go home, take a break, cool down and make himself comfortable was a better idea.
>Yet, you still had doubts.
>Damn it.
>Curse the dilemmas, making life harder than it already was.

>Finally, you made a decision.
>You were not going to wait. Friends are not only to make everything all warm and fuzzy.
>You had to catch up with him and start the conversation.
>It wasn't a hard task, however...
>What words should you use? How should you act?

I write here to indicate that this time instead of commands and suggestions you will be putting sentences, gestures and similar stuff. I do some short shopping and I will be right back.

>>26610700
These words mean a lot to me, Anon.
>>
>>26611824
We should just walk up to him. Let him realize that we're his tail before the conversation starts.
>>
>>26612154
>Your pace fastened and became more lively, as you were certain what the next steps were going to be.
>But there was one more thing. Before you will start the conversation, you needed to approach him.
>While, of course, letting him realize who was coming.
>You were friends and he wouldn't attempt to hurt you in any way, however it was not wise to jump before him out of the white blur and expect him to simply greet you happily.
>Knowing him, Hran would probably stuff your belly with rock salt, then trot towards you and see who he hit.
>Then your friend would likely be deeply disturbed by the accident, and you'd have to find out how to get to the hospital.
>Complete opposite of a win-win situation.
>Now, how to play it safe?
>The most obvious solution was finding a spot where you would be safe from Salty's wrath, and then call Hran from a distance.
>And as the smart mare, you did exactly this.
>The reaction was slightly different than you thought it will be. Hran jumped for nearest cover, rolling behing it. He lacked grace of soldiers, but it was still pretty good-looking move.
>Of course Salty appeared very quickly, pointed at your general direction. It was happening in a span of seconds or less.
>After a while of silence - not counting the wind, blows making you shiver from time to time - you heard his surprised voice.
>>"Spring? What the hell are you doing here?"
>Well, that went well. What next?
>>
>>26612467
Finding out why you disappeared long enough to make everybody worry about you.
>>
>>26612605
"I'm currently finding out why you were away for long enough to make all of us worried about you" you said sternly.
>Simultaneously, you left your cover behind and started to walk towards your friend, who also decided to rise and wait for you on the street, so you could see his form in the snow.
>>"Unkh" yoou heard the strange sound. "I knew it..."
>The wind was still blowing directly in your cold face, so you could hear his words a little better than both of you expected.
>>"I'm sorry, Spring. I really didn't want to worry you, I... this time I had to carefully look for supplies, and I moved to a new spot. Yes, that's why you had to wait in the basement for so long."
>Few seconds later you were close enough to see him clearly, and he waved you a greeting.
>With happy sparks in his eyes and corners of his mouth indicating a grin, he looked like always.
>There was nothing intimidating about him at the moment.
>>"It's good to see you here, thou. I don't need to walk all the way back home all alone now. Again, I'm sorry. If I had means to contact you, Clean or granny, I would've done that as soon as I realized the... um... digging was getting complicated."
>The stallion hugged you for a brief moment, letting go before you could even react.
>>"I wil think of a solution next time, okay?" he added.
>>"Were you doing something interesting before you went looking for me?" after a few steps towards home, your orange comrade asked you innocent question.
>There was genuine curiousity in his voice, but you suspected he also tried to occupy your mind with something else than his actions.

Shower and stuff.
>>
>>26612877
We were heading to the East side to talk with a radio operator, but we heard that you'd been seen at a bar so we dropped by there to look for you. Odd that they pointed us in 2 different directions.
>>
>>26612940
>You smiled at him, and although your expression was shaky and disturbed by tens upon tens of snowflakes hitting your muzzle any given minute, Hran seemed to be very glad to see it.
>It didn't change the fact that you still needed to talk with him sincerely, but as you thought earlier, it would be better to do this step by step, making him feel comfortable first.
>So you assumed most straight and honest face you could find in your arsenal of expressions, and looked straight at your friend.
"Your grandmother and Clean were worried about you when I returned from a little 'let's find some stuff' stroll" you answered his question. "I tried to visit the hospital I was recovering in, to pay a visit to my former roommates, but it would be too dangerous to test my luck during daytime. I saw sniper warnings."
>>"Oh, yeah. I saw them too, not on the way to that hospital, though. If you try to head south-east, you will find them. They're probably outdated, a building used by shooter got razed by our tanks. I wasn't aware Equestrians still posessed enough of these beasts to do any real damage."
"They had to be pretty big" you had no idea how many or how big tanks were enough to completely ruin a block.
>>"You're probably right. So next you tried to look for supplies, then you returned home."
>cont
>>
>>26613578
"Correct" you picked up your story again. "I brought some nice things back. I need to find a radio tower operator, I'll tell you why when we will arrive to the shelter, thus I was heading east. I've heard there's a tower somewhere there. This is the part where our pathes cross. Kalina and Cushions were so worried that I decided to look for you on my way."
>When you were saying last sentences, Hran's inquisitiveness was being gradually replaced by wariness and uncertainity.
"On my way I was told you'd been seen at a bar, so I dropped by there to look for you. And you know what's funny?"
>>"What?" he simply asked, glaring at you and waiting for the response.
"They pointed us into two different directions. South and east, if I recall correctly" you said with a little giggle.
>>"Aaaand you chose to go..." he stopped right between two cars, immobilized forever. Oh, the irony "eastwards, right? Or was it south?"
>He looked like he wanted to say add something, but refrained from doing so and decided to way for your reply.
>>
>>26613590
East of course, we were already heading in that direction.
>>
>>26613686
"I chose to go east, obviously" you stated with a shrug. "I was already heading in that direction anyway, so I took my chances."
>You were trying your best to pretend without making the fact that it was an act too evident, however Hranchak was already eyeing you with suspicion.
>Not in a bad sense of this word, he just looked like he was seeing through the courtain you set up for him to make him feel a bit better.
>Why it didn't work like usual?
>>"I assume you stumbled upon a pair of soldiers while you were looking for that operator guy" he said in monotone, not questioning you.
>Stallion was clearly stating something obvious, and he acted accordingly.
>Yes, yes I did" you answered even if it wasn't necessary.
>>"Okay then. Then you... ah, forget it. Could you tell me if you saw something strange, unusual, out of norm. I'm really curious."
>He was breaking, and you could see it.
>You didn't spend awfully much time with Hranchak, even if he was a member of your little survivor group, but all the evidence you could notice claimed he wasn't good at lying.
>Soon he will likely admit what he was doing and then you will be at actual confrontation.
>Perhaps the distress was the reason why the stallion was still standing almost an attention between these two cars.
>>
>>26613858
Well, we asked if they saw you and when we were leaving one of them said to keep going the way we were.
>>
>>26613932
"I just asked these guys if they saw you" you answered. "At first they said they didn't see you anywhere. Then, when I was leaving to continue my search, the mare said to keep going forwards."
>He mumbled something to himself, and you managed to catch the word 'mare' escaping his mouth at the end.
>>"Okay, this is getting dumb. I..." he snorted strongly, looking down and striking the snow with his right hoof, time after time.
>Could this be it?
>Will he finally drop it and start to talk on his own?
>>"Okay, fine, let's get it over with. I don't want you to explain everything step by step until you will get to the very end of the story" he said angrily, but he didn't look steaming with fury. He was looking at you, again, rather calmly and his expression didn't match the tone he used. "When I was going back I took several turns, because I spotted another, fresher set of traits. Later on I was only ensured that I was right. Somepony followed me. It was you, wasn't it? Happy now?"
>His temper and tense he was feeling because of your curiousity and recent questions finally made him to confess.
>Now what?

From now on I will try to write more frequently. If the internet allows.
>>
>>26614138
Did you see that the trail led all the way to the door?
>>
>>26614218
"The trail you saw" you took a step closer to the standing pony.
>Partially to make yourself warmer. It was so damn cold you weren't sure if you feel your nose or ears anymore.
"Did you see it led all the way to the door?"
>>"Aw fuck" he mutterd, then he added "No, not really, but I noticed that snow was compacted in a certain place. Plus it was messed in several others. I looked around for a bit and pretended that I didn't see shit. I thought that lousy dimwit tripped under influence, or something. Then I saw tracks, and you know the rest. So yeah. Feel free to tell me off or something. I'm sorry only for being outside for too long."
>>
>>26614299
Give him a hug.
>>
>>26614299
We'd like to hear an explanation rather than yell at him
>>
>>26614402
>>26614425
>You took several more slow, but sure steps towards Hran, cutting distance between you two and acquiring some more warmth.
>Not only for the body, but also for the soul. This time, your companion took a step towards you too, but more in a challenging manner. He was expecting you to yell at him, and you were going to do the opposite.
>There was a joke kiss, now the time for serious friendship hug had come.
>Suddenly you trotted straight to him, remaining two or three metres gone in an instant, and you enclosed him in a tight embrace.
>Not too tight. Reassuringly.
>Much to your surprise, it didn't feel all that bad. Definitely less awkward and weird than a kiss back then.
>He gasped in a surprise and half-consciously attempted to break the hug, even if only for a blink of an eye. Then he gave up and sighed heavily right into your neck.
>That tickled!
>>"So you're not going to start a quarrel" he stated, again it was confirming the obvious, not a question.
"Not without a proper explanation, young colt."
>>"You're likely younger than me, definitely shorter" he tried to riposte.
"But you're the one being hugged."
>...
>>"Let me fix this" he said, then he wrapped his forelegs around you, freeing them first.
>Sitting on the snow for too long wasn't going to be good for your health in the long run. At least for you, Hranchak didn't even flinch this whole time.
>>"You're more fluffy than rest of this horned band."
"Did you cuddle with any other unicorn before?"
>>"Are you insane? It's clearly visible they are made only from sharpest edges."
>After a while of cuddling among whiteness furling around you, he pushed you away gently, so you let him out of your embrace.
>>"Whole story, my motives, whatever else you want to know? I can tell you everything to the last bit, but you have to promise me something. Nopony will ever know. And a tale this long will certainly take time, so why not go somewhere else?"
>>
>>26614596
We shouldn't be the one to tell anybody, but he shouldn't go around lying to the ponies he cares about.
>>
>>26614596
Let's go then.
>>
>>26614632
>>26614642
>You rose up from the ground instantly, you were waiting for that suggestion to come from him. If it didn't, you would be the one to propose going to a warmer place.
>With frantic whips of your tail you swept off the snow from your plot. Shame you didn't have a nice, long coat, like that one worn by Hran.
>When you were done with securing your health and limiting potential dampness of fur, you turned your gaze to your friend, who was ready to go. He was glaring at you expectantly.
>Oh, right.
"I swear I won't tell anypony about your actions, but you shouldn't go around lying to us. You care about us, don't you? Then why hide the truth?"
>>"I don't lie, thou. I keep everything to myself, this is not technically lying" he explained lightly, like it was nothing.
>However his next sentence was very serious, and you were taken aback by this sudden change.
>>"And I prefer to be silent not only because somepony" he pointed at you "and the housewife would be upset about me, there's one more thing. How do you think, what would happen if I told all off you about everything, with details?"
"You would be honest with your friends and family, plus you'd probably feel better."
>>"I certainly wouldn't knowing that more ponies are aware of my job. And some stuff that's more or less related to be should remain a secret. It's not malevolence. I want you to be safe. I'm already risking that you might not keep the promise you've made, but listen carefully now. I trust you. I trust you like I never trusted an unicorn, a pony of any race before. That's how important this is. You wouldn't even suspect, right? After all I'm just a crazy foreigner."
>>"Now, do you mind if I lead us to a certain bar giving ponies two different directions if they try to locate others? Or maybe you know a better place?"

After simple answer I will continue with Hran's explanation.
>>
>>26614875
I'm not sure going to that bar would be that good an idea but sure let's go.
unless we're close to the theater?
>>
>>26615046
"Sure, unless we're somewhere close to the theatre" you said, however you weren't fully convinced that going to that bar again was all that great idea.
>>"Close to the theatre? It's in the opposite direction, but if you wan't to have a long walk..."
"No, no, it's okay. bar it is, then."
>>"Glad to hear that. I don't want to be far away from our cozy basement when it isn't necessary. I still have to check in after we will have our... talk" he rolled the last word in his mouth with hint of irony. "I really meant it when I said I'm sorry for lack of me back there. Granny must be already sick."
"Oh, if you only could see Clean. She was looking like she could jump out of her skin from anxiety."
>>"I'm truly surprised."
"I can say the same. I wouldn't suspect she would think about you apart of coming up with new responses for these little argues you two have every now and then."
>>"I think it's because of Sprocket. You know, her husband. She has no news since Celestia knows when, and one day she told me she can't get over it, because she is not sure if he died or not."
"And how do you know this? You aren't Cushions' best friend, as far as I know."
>>"It's not too hard to listen, the basement is one big room, and even if I'm making traps outside I can sometimes overhear her talking with my granny thanks to the windows."
"That's not a good thing."
>>"Neither is sticking your nose between door and it's frame."
"It's nice that you mention it, Hran..."
>He groaned and rolled his eyes.
>The chit-chat you had with him was nice and all, but it didn't bring you closer to unraveling what Hranchak was doing.
>Although your trusty legs brought you to the pub from before, apparently.
>You didn't even notice the decreasing distance.
>cont
>>
>>26615367
>The two familiar bouncers greeted you cheerfully, and you got a rised eyebrow from your friend.
>>"What did you do?"
"I have vast social skills you are not aware of, my dear friend" you said jokingly while entering into the building.
>The general atmosphere between you two was rather good, and you were glad about it. Maybe it will decrease later, but for now you simply enjoyed the while when it lasted.
>>"Do you want something to drink, maybe?"
>Orange pony moved his leg along the shelves, in showing and encouraging manner.
"Will you order something?"
>>"Why not? They know me."
>Well?
>>
>>26615377
something sweet?
>>
>>26615444
"I'd like something sweet, thank you" you said bravely, even though you had little to no information about drinks served here.
>Other than those special beer mugs. You were pretty sure that thing was harsh, judging from the guards' behaviour.
>The bartender looked at Hran, then at you, at your comrade and you again.
>Her questioning gaze turned into not caring when the orange stallion nodded at her.
>>"We'll have two submarines and one kinder surprise" he stated clearly and with professionalism.
>You would admire him if that professionalism was related to different matters.
>He snickered when he saw your expression.
>>"Cheer up, you don't usually have time to relax a bit, unwind. As they say where I came from, important matters should be solved over strong helpers."
>And again, he was completely serious. This time you weren't surprised, she wasn't acting overly merrily before.
>The bartender returend to you with two awfully familiar mugs and one nice crystal glass.
"What is this drink you ordered for me?"
>>"Kinder surprise. Dunno why it's called like that. Chocolate liqueur, cream liqueur and a shot of vodka. Fancy drink for a fancy mare."
"I'm not fancy!" you strongly opposed.
>>"You're fancy on the inside. Enjoy your drink."

>After some unmeasurable amount of time, Hran decided to lead you away from the counter and take one of more reclusive tables.
>Real restaurant tables.
>Clearly belonging to several different sets, though.
>He was already close to finishing his first dring, and you were only halfway to the bottom.
>You felt a bit weird.
>>"So" Hranchak started after a long, finishing sip. Then he looked around to make sure nopony was trying to eavesdrop.
>cont
>>
>>26615822
>>"When you were in the hospital, recovering from the wound, I took the responsibility of finding stuff around. One day, second or third since you were taken away I believe, I decided to wander far away, eastwards. The industrial district is occupied, so I figured I could dig throught neighbourhoods closer to the frontline. At first I found scraps, nothing more. Leftovers."
>>"I looked around, gun at ready, and I stumbled upon that junkie. You know who if you were the one by the plate. He wasn't in a good shape, a shrapnel fucked him up and he was unable to do his job properly."
>>"Before you ask, he runs a small trafficking circle, they also keep soldiers happy by... you know, other, prettier means than drugs."
>>"He could definitely be called a criminal, and maybe a traitor since he got some of his stuff from the other side of front. Why he needed me in his perfectly crafted scheme?"
>He waited for your input, so you asked.
"Why?"
>>"Despite his power, he couldn't get a medic, neither he could call his subordinates. They would finish what shrapnel couldn't and take over the whole thing."
>Again, your earth friend carefully looked around you, suspiciously eyeing a pair of tipsy ponies passing by.
>>"I was an outsider. So we forged a deal. I will bring him drugs and run small errands - nothing like murder or checking on the ladies, mind you. In exchange, I will receive vital supplies."
>He took a deep sip from his second mug.
>>"Our cooperation was running smoothly. Especially that I found out that one of the soldiers involved was a colleague from youth. Also he heard about the theatre, only he knows which channels he used to learn about the event so soon."
>cont
>>
>>26615828
>>"I figured I could simply do this and bring stuff back home without getting into unknown dangers. If you are aware that you might be shot for doing something not exactly lawful, you can try to prepare, be careful, avoid certain ponies and places. If the danger is random, like a gas attack, mortar fire, bombardment or sharpshooter, you can't do shit."
>>"This is it. Story time's over."
>>" Before you say something, you should know that I wanted you all to be safe. That's why I got so deeply into this in such a short time."
>>"I can't make same mistakes I made back in the theatre."
>>"Now you know everything. Any questions? Do I need to clarify anything? Drink, drink, Spring, the percents are running away."
>>
>>26615858
Do you have a way out? Are you sure they won't start asking you to do more? Are you sure they won't try to trick or betray you?
>>
>>26615915
"I have some questions to you, to be honest, if you can answer them" you said and sent a meaningful glance at mug standing proudly between his hooves.
>He followed your gaze and then shook his head.
>Don't worry, I can handle it, Spring. I don't drink too often and I know how to behave. Shoot."
"So first and most important one. Can you be sure that these criminals won't try to trick or betray you? They are bandits, after all, they probably turn against each other on a daily basis."
>>"You're watching way too much movies, Spring" he replied, and looked you in the eyes with sad expression. "Things are much more complicated in this case."
>>"They are loosely organized groups, divided into cells responsible for various thing. I'm like... courier, a messenger. All most of them know is that their boss hired me to do nothing more than this and some minor tasks. I was proposed to become a... let's call it a debt collector, but I refused."
"Wasn't it suspicious for them?"
>>"Not really. Messengers come and go, you know thee times are hard. Lot's and lot's of ponies shove morality aside when it comes to getting an extra loaf of bread or a bag of grain. To them, I'm nothing more but one of these ponies. When they asked why I refused, I played a coward, a meaningless rat. Even if some of them don't completely believe, they don't want to mess up the relationship with oh so powerful boss. If he sended me, I'm untouchable. Especially that I don't try to listen too much."
>cont
>>
>>26616282
"And what about the boss or soldiers? They could be a threat, too!"
>>"I'm aware that one day that guy will try to send somepony to dispose of me. I'm more of a threat to him than he's to me. With one or two slips I can depose him or even put him into a grave. That's why I always take Salty with me. She's... improved now. I don't know if I ever told you."
>>"As for the military, I can do nothing about it. If I fuck up hard, I'll get executed and nopony will attempt to defend me. Since that one action with a psycho soldier leading group of bandits, cooperating with even petty thieves is severely punished."
"What about any way out? What if you wished to resign one day and return to something that could be called a normal life? And after the war? What then?"
>>"I wasn't thinking that far ahead, Spring" Hran stated somberly, and then took two sips so deep that he could empty your whole glass.
>>"I'm not a thinker and you know it. If I'll try to resign, I'd have to report everything to the soldiers, so they would crack on the whole group. Risky as fuck, if you ask me."
>>"And the only end of war I see from here is surrender or the military going full ancient times and fighting to the last pony. I think I prefer the first one. I could move somewhere else with my granny and try to build our life from the start."

Takes longer than I thought.
>>
>>26616295
let's tell him about the radio tower in the north.
>>
Well, bedtime. I thought I will cook something before hitting the hay, but I'm rather tired. I hope you had fun. Good night.
>>
>>26616469
This. Together we can survive.
>>
>>26616469
Thisx2
>>
>>26616630
It's always fun
>>
don't die on me
>>
time for some earth shattering news.
>>
"You can't give up now, Hran" you said firmly, doing your best to put certainity, assurance, will to live and struggle for some more time.
>Not all of it was fully sincere at the beginning.
>The creeping doubts and your own urge to just give up the hope and wait for seemingly inevitable demise was getting in your way at first.
"It's not over, Hran. We're alive and well, and I have an important information to share with you."
>While convincing him by your voice and feelings more than words, you also were convincing yourself.
>Yes, your friends and you were alive. Nothing brought you down yet. Even the wound wasn't end of your life, although you were pretty sure that was unnervingly close.
>Finally, you got a goal, something that pushed you forward, other than mere survival instinct allowing you to live day by day no matter what.
>A noble cause to fight for. One would think that military should send a soldier to try and perform that task. Experienced, skilled, brave and bold.
>You were nothing more than a civillian wishing for it to be over. But weren't you experienced and skillfull too? You lived to this very day, through good and bad. Killing and saving lives, solving mysteries and uncovering malevolent plots.
>You brought justice to Thorn and her group, made a whole medical facility - the Lighthouse - operational and fit for usage again, you identified a spy, then discovered the changeling involvement.
>At last, partially thanks to your recklessness showed by leading Venom to the Royal Theatre, you convinced the Equestrian army that you were right all along. By giving them a real living proof.
>Not a military squad full of beefy, manly commandos from movies, but small group of close friends achieved all this. Small group and you.
>Hranchak leaned towards you, putting the mug aside. His eyes were clear and focused on you.
>Whatever you would say now, you were completely sure he will takie it to his heart.
>And so will you.
>cont
>>
>>26620354
"If we work together, we can not only survive, but do more. In appropiate moment, you took charge of the theatre defenders, leading them to victory. Clean helped me discover that Last was a spy" and you thought she was just paranoid and whiny, but let's not tell this to Hran. "Even your disabled grandmother helps, making whatever we bring home edible, nutritious and tasty."
>His muzzle started to brighten up, but you still didn't share the most important, earth-shattering news you had.
>This was the right time.
"One task still awaits us. Listen carefully now, Hran. I don't look for a radio operator just because I feel like it."
>>"I figured. I thought you wanted him to build a receiver from scraps or something like that, so we could know what is happening in the world outside. But I guess this isn't the case?"
"I... I never really thought about getting a receiver."
>>"That's why I was aiming to go to industrial district one day."
"Back to the matter."
>>"Right."
"Sabouteurs destroyed or damaged all the radio towers on this bank of the river, so the military cannot warn the rest of Equestria about changeling threat."
>Stallion's expression turned more bleak again.
"There is still one working tower, though. It's in the north. On the other bank."
>>"Which is completely overrun."
"I have to go there. If not for that tower, then for my family. You know well that my dad didn't show up as he promised."
>>"I won't let you go."
"But, Hran, for fuck's sake..." you were more surprised than mad at this point. Why?
>>"I won't let you go alone, Spring. That's what I wanted to say. But... I don't think I could drop everything and risk the venture. No, don't think I pussy out. Remember that I'm partially in a gang now. There's one thing that keeps me here."
>cont
>>
>>26620359
>>"You see, Clean and my granny don't have anypony else. If I'll go, there will be no stallion to defend them from any harm. Do you think they will manage on their own? One housewife and one crippled old pony? What if we won't return?"

Damn character limit. I don't know when exactly I will be back to post more. I'm not even sure if I will manage to scribble something today at all. I should be able to. Anyway, here I think you will all have something to think about during my absence. No need to hurry.
>>
maybe we should take care of the gang first then? or we could just tell them that this is more important to equestria as a whole and they'll be seen as heroes that helped.

they can take care of each other while they live in the theater or some other settlement. we can also make a promise to retreat at the first sign of trouble which should be true.
>>
>>26620375
The theater will take Clean and Kalina. If we don't do this we may never stand a chance of surviving. I'm thankful that you're willing to stand by me. It means more than you realize.
>>
Completely unrelated but what is the military tech level? World War Two, modern, 60's, ect?
>>
>>26620375
We are planning on taking a soldier with us.
>>
>>26620745
>>26620466
>That was one serious question, and you expected it to appear.
>You strongly believed in yourself and Hran, in youf abilities, luck, finally in the famous 'good always wins' rule.
>For the last one thing, you still wished that you faith in that rule was clear and absolute, like when you were younger. Now it was a bit stained.
>But you exactly know what was the right answer.
"If the things go south, Clean and Miss Kalina can live at the theatre. I'm pretty sure Quill will welcome her with open hooves. This time I think they would become a part of that community, gaining all the benefits."
>>"Convincing enough" your friend emitted a sigh. "And here I thought we will have a nice andrelaxing evening after all the explaining. Oh well. I'm worried about granny, because here she has me and only me. If I will die, she will probably die as well, from grief."
>>"You don't need to tell me that stakes are high and all that 'you should think about the country' bullshit and I doubt you'd try."
"I wouldn't. Cool motivational speeches are not my thing."
>Both of you shared a soft chuckle.
>>"I hope things will turn out well in the end. I wouldn't dare to be optimist, but hey, you found a chance when I thought there's none. It's a nice thing to have you around, even if you wouldn't fit too narrow spaces."
>He tried to send you his special cheeky grin, unfortunately you could see that it wasn't as honest as before.
>There was an attempt, that's what counted, right?
>>"So we've agreed that the mares will live in the theatre. Relieving, isn't it?"
"Yeah. And Hran..."
>>"Huh?"
"It's nice to have you around, too."

>Hranchak at you mutually agreed on taking a time for yourselves.
>A much needed time of sitting in silence and seriously thinking about what was said.
>cont
>>
>>26621531
>You were flattered, no, this was a wrong word. The fact that the orange stallion abandoned his racism towards unicorns and grow to like you so much that he was ready to follow you, to aid you, was something that struck your heart with gratitude.
>Or was it gratitude?
>Never before it was so warm, figuratively speaking. You couldn't call Hran a stranger anymore, however he was not a part of your family, yet you felt safer around him, even if you were able to defend yourself without any help.
>Most of the time. Nopony is perfect, right?
>Anyway, you couldn't exactly name the feeling, but gratitude was fine enough. There were more important things to think about.

>All of a sudden Hranchak laughed loudly, receiving amused or disapproving glares of several ponies from closest tables.
>>"I thought I grew up thanks to the war, Spring" he started to explain when you gave him confused and puzzled look. "I think I was wrong."
"Why?"
>>"I'm going to be your knight after all. I just realized that my foalhood fantasies I started to have when granny was still okay with talking about Konjeslavia, are becoming true. Partially."
"Only partially?" you inquired half-seriously by throwing a question at him.
>>"I suppose I never dreamed about running errands for a criminal group to make sure my friends and relatives are safe."
"While we're on that, what about them?"
>>"What do you mean?"
"You reminded me that you are a gang member, partially that is."
>>"Ah, I just wanted to underline that I won't run away from danger by mentioning that. I don't think they will care in the slightest if I get shot."
"And if we will return without a scratch, what will you do then? How will you explain your disappearance?"
>>"I'll tell the boss the truth, obviously. Then I will say have to withdraw from the business, for too many eyes are on me. He will understand and orderme to find a replacement."
"How can you tell?"
>>"Last part is just assumption. Former one is logic."
>cont
>>
>>26621538
"Good enough, I guess."
>>"So I think soon we will return home, share the news with two mares currently dying from worry, and focus on preparations?"
"Certainly."
>>"Do you maybe want another drink? I can afford it, and I don't want to go save Equestria without some good time."

>>26621157
Suggestion noted.

>>26620862
Soviet sixties or seventies. Definitely modified by presence of magic.

My announcement from before is still in effect.
>>
>>26621551
One more. Don't want to be stuck in a blizzard.
>>
>>26621994
"Just one more drink" you said to Hran.
>>"Okay, so finish this one and I will finish mine."
>Without waiting for your reply he started to take care of his trusty mug.
>Judging from his behaviour, he wasn't for another serious talk after what happened for last at least thirty minutes.
>Not having a watch was getting more and more annoying.
>At least nopony will try to cut off your hoof to steal one. That counted as a bright side of the situation, didn't it?
>Time passed, and you managed to finsh your drink.
>You were feeling more and more happy and eager to do... something.
>Really, you just needed to keep yourself busy, active. Dance, talk, whatever.
>But not act over the top. Your common sense was working well and it whispered that you should be careful whatever you do.
>And avoid being intoxicated.
>Hranchak finished his drink and you were done with yours. He was still walking relatively straight when he went to order more alcohol.
>He didn't make you wait too long. Another set of three drinks appeared on the table. One kinder surprise for you and two submarines for him.
>He seemed quite vulnerable if you were the one to judge.

Do you wish to talk to him, do something else or fast-forward?
>>
nuzzle time?
>>
>>26623857
>Nuzzle time?
>You felt fragile too, soooooo...
>After finishing your drink...
>Nuzzle time.
>Cuddling in difficult times to maintain security was a custom of Equestrian ponies and you were no different.
>With two swift bounces you placed yourself right by Hran's side, and then you courageously hugged him again, caressing his mane.
>He tensed immediately.
>Too intimate?
>Oh damn.
>You loosened your embrace, and he looked at you with surprise mixtured with something.
>What was it? That was a mystery to you. Without any experience in getting close to other ponies you didn't know what to do and how should you react.
>Maybe he was taught to act different in certain circumstances?
>No additional explanation was given to you, as your friend started to chug on his drink for good five seconds.
>How could he contain all this alcohol?
>>"What was that, Spring?" he asked when he finished the mug, breathing deeper than usual.
"I said it's good to have you around and I meant it. You can't even imagine how much does it mean to me that you agreed to go with me."
>>"I can imagine. You are a mare, and I'm a stallion. I'm supposed to love you, since I'm your personal knight. That's what our tales taught me."

Dialogue or ff? Now I will to reply for some time. Later on I might be unreachable.
>>
>>26624136
ask him if he DOES love us though.
>>
>>26624224
"And DO you love me?" you asked straightforward.
>Silence fell upin your table.
>Hranchak was enjoying his drink, but after your words he started to cough violently, spitting beer around.
>"What kind of question is that?" he yelled, forcing cough to disappear.
>>"Of course..."
>He looked around, looking for a response in thin air.
>Sweat appeared on his whole face.
>>"Of ocurse not, why should I. Pinheads deserve to be... cuddled, at best."
>>
>>26624372
He has given us permission to cuddle. Time to attack.
>>
>>26624372
laugh and clap happily. don't we didn't see that. hug him and give him a kiss.
>>
>>26624422
>>26624433
I am most sorry, wonderful dubs, but I think I won't be availible for the night.
>>
>>26624668
Good night.
>>
bumop
>>
page 10
>>
night
>>
bumpin
>>
>>26629058
>>
>>26629430
>>
>>26624422
>>26624433
>Well, maybe he was under influence, but he gave you permission to cuddle.
>Accidentally or not, you were going to use that permission to your advantage.
>Feeling of being close with somepony who liked you - even if admitting it was possible only thanks to honesty and alcohol - was good for you.
>You wished for it to last as long as it could.
>Unfortunalety, after this day everything will return to norm or get worse.
>Without much unnecessary hestitation, and after encouraging yourself with another sip or two of your sweet drink, you again decided to come closer to Hran.
>He couldn't care less, you noticed. Like the last sentence didn't happen, he was a bit busy with making himself more comfortable and relaxed. He lounged on his seat, leisurely looking around.
>Except he was still sweating a bit more than usual.
>This was your call to strike.
>All of a sudden you attacked fiercely, hugging him with all your might and power.
>Metaphorically of course. You wouldn't like to unwittingly crush the skinny earth pony.
>Again, he tensed inside, you could feel it.
>However this time he didn't try to stop your successful attempt in any way. and he was less stiff than before.
>Perhaps he realized that there was no stopping you.
>He sighed, utterly defeated.
>And then he patted your head.
>>"You're too good for this world, you know."
>Then, he patted your head carefully, like he tried to see what your reaction will be.

I will be away from 21 to around midnight EET.
>>
>>26630443
Go in for head scratches
>>
>>26630471
>You shifted on your place to make yourself a bit more comfortable.
>The new position you assumed was both nicer to you and Hran, who now could easily caress your mane, pet you or whatever signs of affection felated to your head would he try to make.
>Action you made was noticed by Hran, who stopped immediately, looking at you with uncertainity and doubt clearly visible in his eyes.
>You had to do something to convince him to continue.
>It felt so good, you didn't want him to shy away and do something else like, you wwre sure about that, trying to make himself numb with fair usage of alcohol.
>Thus, you looked up at him, making puppy eyes and pouting delicately, aiming too look defenceless and innocent.
"Scratchies, please?" you said.
>You just asked not-related stallion to give you something reserved for either pairs, children or siblings.
>At least that was what you learned from books and movies. And your mom.
>Well, it was too late now.
>Hranchak looked at you warily, as if searching for ruse, deception.
>You made sure he found none, because there was none present.
>After that, he slowly started to scratch your head, moving from the top towards behind ears.
>You closed your eyes and let yourself be overtaken by pleasure coming from this simple gesture.
>Being unicorn and getting scratchies from a declared unicorn hater.
>True achievement.
>You let the moment last, but soon the stallion stopped.
>>"I-I think we should get back h-home. Just let me finish this drink a-and we will go back" his voice was a bit shaky. "Maybe you should finish yours as well."

Until later.
>>
page 10
>>
>>26630638
>Well, after these words you waited for some time, maybe Hran would return to caressing you delicately.
>Shame for you, this wasn't going to happen anytime soon.
>The stallion let you straighten yourself freely, and you did so.
>This was awkward, to say at least.
>Hran decided to stick to the alcohol he ordered, and he drank and drank from his mug without even looking in your direction.
>Of course he took breaks, but it didn't matter to you, since he didn't try to start another conversation.
>It looked like the moment passed. The occasion was gone, but you used as much of it as you could.
>For a brief time you wondered how would it be if Hranchak was one hundred percent Equestrian with no racism.
>Soon his mug and your glass was empty, but instead of standing up and heading home, he turned to you again.
>>"Another one?"

How do you make your browser not underline everything in latin alphabet?
>>
>>26632117
Nah, I think we had enough and I don't think either of us want to carry the other through the snow.
>>
>>26632117
Traveling is dangerous when your sober.
>>
>>26632148
>>26632202
So we have one vote to remain sober and one to get drunk. Ten minutes and I will throw a coin.
>>
>>26632292
They're both for sober. One says we've had enough while the other is saying it's already dangerous when we're sober, so there is no reason to make it more dangerous. Do you actually think it's safer to travel sober?
>>
>>26632328
Thank you for clarification. As a drunkard I always get home safe.
>>26632148
>>26632202
"No, I think I had enough" you asked, assuming a straight position.
>With your glass and his mug empty you could head home right away, if only both of you were ready to stand up and go.
>But Hran didn't seem to be eager to just stand up and head home.
>You wouldn't suspect he liked to be intoxicated.
>But he wanted to use as much of this evening as he could.
>Even if that meant getting utterly drunk.
>You had to be firm.
>When he tried to order one more, you stopped him.
"No, Hran, we're going home."
>>"Like, now?"
"Yes, now. No more drinks."
>>"Not one more?"
"No. That's enough, Hran. We need to go home."
>>"Okay."
>He rose from his seat, but he already managed to move the table a bit.
>>"Let's go then."
>Like it was a command, you rose from your seat too, ready to go home.
>Hranchak waled the distance towards the door, but his steps were uncertain.
>Snowstorm was still raging outside, and your fiend was at least tipsy.
>You were somewhat intoxicated too.
>Wind was howling, guards were singing...
>Yes, they were quietly singing to each other.
>Way back was long and uninviting.

>On your way you were suddenly stopped.
>Two ponies showed up in the snowstorm, dark mysterious figures.
>You were already far from the pub.
>"We're hungry, could you give us some food?" one of them, a mare, asked the question.
>Remaining one decided to keep himself in a white flur, which was a bit strange.
>>"I ain't giving them a thing" Hranchak said to you.
>As you presumed. Salty was ready to spit death.
>>
>>26632692
If we were going to give them anything, what do we have?
>>
>>26632856
>If you were going to give them something, or even try, you had to do inventory check.
>You had nothing on you.
>Hranchak had food: canned vegetables and bags of grains and macaroni, plus some bottles of water.
>Enough to feed a familty for a week.
>The two ponies were blocking your way, though, and you were especially worried about one in the back.
>He or she didn't decide to reveal his identity, preferring to stay in the snow and shadows.
>>
>>26633110
Have Hran keep his gun ready and offer them one can with out magic.
>>
>>26633170
>Maybe they were in need.
>Maybe those two ponies were in dire situation and they needed that food.
>Possibly, this was an act of desperation and they were ashamed to approach you and beg for supplies, because no pony could freely give away whatever they gathered.
>And that assumed desperation was making you feel sorry for them.
"Hran, could we spare a can to give them?" you asked your comrade.
>He was very reserved, and obviously he had his gun ready to shoot, just like seconds before.
>>"I can't afford to spend too much food, especially if I got nothing in return."
>Youd' expect these ponies to beg, call, cry even.
>But they did nothing.
>They were simply standing there.
>"Well, if you can't help, we will look for more generous ponies" the mare said in resigned tone.
"Just one can, Hran!" you stated firmly. "You can't pass them and let them starve!"
>>"Wanna bet? We already spent some food on... something. You know what."
"So?"
>>"Sooo we're not spending any further, period."
>Two ponies didn't wait for your decision, they simply moved aside, allowing you to pass.
>And Hranchak used this occasion to powerwalk forward without hestitation.
>>
>>26633630
I know he's the one that earned the food, but he's being a butt.
>>
>>26633677
>You weren't the one to distribute the food around this time, since it was Hran who earned everything.
>But if you were the one to judge, and you felt you were somewhat in power, he was acting like a total butt right now.
>They were in need, damnit, jand instead of jumping at you in some shady alley, they openly approached and asked if you had something to share.
>This shouldn't end in simply passing them like nothing happened.
"This isn't very knighty of you, Hran" you announced loudly while he was trying to increrase distance between him and beggars.
>He stopped, as if influenced by a spell.
>>"Oh boy here we go" he stated with a sigh and turned around.
"One can. Really. This isn't that much."
>>"Not if you're not afraid of being shot for that."
"Nopony asks you to risk."
>>"But I do. I don't demand recognition or respect, I just want to go home, that's all. Can you not play a hero this one time? Please?"
>>
>>26633836
Alright.
>>
Again, I shall go to bed a bit earlier. I am really tired. I promise to give good session tomorrow. Most of night. Maybe I won't do so many typos and mistakes.
>>
>>26632117
I never heard of your browser problem before. Is your computer's default language Polack? That may be a problem.
>>
Thank Hran.
>>
>>26634937
For what? He still hasn't let us give the couple any food.
>>
Page 10
>>
fast board tonight.
>>
>>26633836
I wouldn't give em shit if I was in his place tbqh.

But Whatever you want to do brehs.
>>
>>26634112
don't fuss too much
>>
>Your friend was pretty upset, and that joined with his current state made you think convincing him to show some heart will be impossible.
>The general drive to do good things and help ponies pushed you to try one more time.
>Unfortunately for you and your feelings, Hran remained deaf to your arguments.
>Beggars, already standing aside and not intervening in any way realized that they won't get anything from Hran, and before you could do something else, they disappeared in the whirling snow.
>Defeated, you followed your friend, but certain amount of booze in your veins made the encounter fade and disappointment go away.
>After this unpleasant event you walked home in silence.

>When you entered your basement, you were greeted cheerfully by Clean and Kalina.
>First, the green earth mare hugged you tightly, while Hranchak was doing the same but more delicately to his grandmother.
>Then Cushions moved on to show Hran how earth pony strength works, and you basked in Kalina's radiating happiness.
>"Where have you been for so long?" earth mare trotted around both of you while you were enjoying heat in the room and Hran was unpacking the supplies he obtained.
>She wrinkled her nose visibly all of a sudden.
>You weren't dazed enough to not be aware why.
>"Say, is there anything that happened today I should know about?" she asked curiously, her eyes darting between you and the orange stallion.
>The latter grumbled something in response, likely somewhat less able to think clearly than you.
>"What was it?"
>>"I met Spring when I was looking for supplies and we, uhhh, had a drink" he explained, sorting the stuff slowly.
>"Oh, I see. So you decided to have a good time while we were dying from worry, how nice."
>>"Can we not have this talk right now?"
>"Because what? You're afraid you wouldn't be able to answer clearly? Or maybe your head hurts already?"
>cont
>>
>>26639925
>>"Cut it out, alright? I know you were worried. I'm sorry. Getting stuff ain't an easy task."
>"Couldn't you at least show up to say everything's okay? Was it so hard?"
>"Clean, please don't yell" Kalina was quick to interject before green mare could add something more.
>"I don't!"
>"Your voice is higher. I understand you're not happy. Neither am I, but we shouldn't be too quick to judge and yell. Maybe he tries to cope with... something?"
>The special emphasis put on tat word made you shiver inside.
>Maybe outside too. You hoped not.
>"Nice coping mechanisms, getting drunk and shoving friendships aside."
>>"I'm going to sleep" Hran was done with everything and without looking back he went straight to his bedding, threw himself on it and wrapped himself in blanket whole.
>"Responsible as fuck."
>"Don't swear, please."
>"Sorry. I'm just... eh, it's not easy. First Spring, then he."
>"Maybe you should go to bed too."
>"Maybe you're right. Goodnight."
>You were left alone with the crippled mare, who wasn't showing that she wished to follow two ponies and hit the hay earlier.
>Everything happened so fast that you weren't even able to tell how you were feeling.
>Confused, perhaps.
>Anything you would like to do, or heading to bed sounded better?

>>26634443
Maybe computer on different language is the source of problem. I don't know how to change it, though.
>>
>>26639934
She might have an idea of what's going on. Is there any way we can find out without blabbing?
>>
>>26639934
Go to sleep. We've got a long day ahead.

>>26640581
I think Hran's problem is his guilt.
>>
File: firefox.png (91 KB, 561x415) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
91 KB, 561x415
>>26639934
It depends on your browser, but try right clicking on the comment box and go to languages. Then either select English or add it.
>>
>>26640581
>>26640753
>You had a long day ahead, so you could go to sleep as well.
>To rest, obviously, but also to digest that little amount of alcohol in you. When trying to perform a landing operation on enemy shore, you preferred your observance to be perfect.
>There was something bugging you, thought. That emphasis you heard in Kalina's voice.
>Did she suspect or had any idea what Hran was doing?
>Or she was simply noting that he tried to deal with that mysterious 'something'?
>What were alternatives other than basically being a criminal, or at least being one step before turning into one?
>You took your time to prepare your bedding, to make sure you will sleep comfortable and with some luck wake up rested and ready.
>Only thing Hran could cope with that came to your mind was guilt.
>A feeling you experienced before, but now it was different, more shallow than before. Your conscience was somewhat numbed if you think about it.
>Laying on the bed and covering yourself with soft and maybe a bit smelly sheets you wondered who you will be after the war.
>If it ends well.
>Or just ends. Assuming you will survive.
>With your thoughts spreading to any possible topic, you started to fall asleep.
>Last image you saw under your eyelids was a massive castle and a knight in shiny armour approaching it.

Shower. Input not necessary.
>>
>>26640766
Perhaps it will work now, after downloading spellcheck. There were many Englishes, so I picked US.

>>26641147
>Even if you had any dreams, you couldn't remember anything about them.
>Maybe it was for the better, you woke up well rested and full of drive to do what you wanted to. Who could tell how your body would act if you had dreams or worse - nightmares.
>This time you were fist to wake up, at least it seemed to be so.
>Clean was in her bed, you could see her hindlegs sticking from under her blanket.
>Hran was splayed on his bedding, barely covered, his limbs everywhere and expression proving he was dreaming about something very nice.
>And Kalina was sleeping quietly on her wheelchair, on her lap you could notice a learning book.
>Poor mare must've been learning until very late hours when remaining three of you went to beds.
>Now she was breathing sharply, but regularly.
>You realized you cannot recal a time you saw her while she was wandering through the dreamscape.
>Now, you could wait for all other members of your group to wake up, prepare despite them being asleep.
>Or, and you were somewhat in favour of this option, laying in bed and savouring the moment of peace. To do that you needed to disregard the fact that your throat was dry like mainland Saddle Arabia.
>>
>>26641539
drink something.
>>
>>26641901
>Despite the great urge of staing in bed and being a lazyass mare, you decided to stand up.
>First, you unwrapped yourself, slowly but surely by flailing your limbs around until the blanket would let go.
>When this thing was done, you made your best in bold attempt of standing up immediately.
>Fortunately, your organism was strong and the alcohol was already processed, so you stood straight and few blinks were enough to make you focus on your surroundings.
>Then, you helped yourself with a bottle of water.
>Wonderful.
>And thanks to your thirst you were out of your bed, ready for the day but pretty unhappy about that.
>So now you were up and 'running'.
>Shame, but you could do something since you weren't going to sleep even a bit more.
>What would it be?
>>
>>26642094
We can try to make some food like Kalina does. We can also look outside and see if anything interesting is happening.
>>
>>26642363
>Perhaps you could use the fact of being awake so early.
>You could make yourself useful in the househo... well, basementhold if it could be named like that, and make something to eat for everypony.
>You could challenge your cooking skills and prepare a wonderful meal, which tasty smell would wake your friends and guide them to the stove.
>What could you prepare, though?
>The stew from yesterday was mostly gone, and you had more ambitious targets than reheating a meal made before.
>You went through the possible ingredients.
>Potatoes, kasha, onions, tomatoes, pepper, cucumbers and mushrooms in jars, some flour, oat, canned spinach, one can of pineapple and one of peach, some slowly drying apples, cabbage, some salt and sugar, finally mysterious paste of unknown origin.
>You could make...
>Well, something.
>You wish you had milk, then you could go for easy way and make oat flakes, unfortunately there was none.

>Nah, screw cooking for now.
>You could do it some time later to surprise your friends.
>But today was the day and you had to check if everything was in order, or tolerably close to order.
>To do it, you took a peek outside.
>The weather was okay, snowstorm was over, although it was still snowing. Luckily, the wind was weak and snowflakes were rare and large.
>Frontline was quiet, however you could sense the tense hanging in the air.
>Calm before the storm, like they say.
>You could see soldiers trying to prepare for inevitable fight.
>Building additional covers, making sure everything was in it's place, while simultaneously trying their best to not be seen.
>If you will be given a soldier to accompany you, he will probably wait somewhere else or be called when you show up.
>cont
>>
>>26642740
>After the inspection you returned to the basement.
>Hran snorted in his sleep and shifted, mumbling something undiscernable.
>Clean's hooves kicked the air for a second.
>Tranquility ruled in the room. It was so calm you could imagine you were a little filly in your home and those were your family.
>If you will be lucky, maybe you will see your true family today.
>Oh, right.
>You were supposed to try and cook something.
>What about... oat with mashed can peaches?
>Didn't sound that bad.

>The commotion you were making woke up Kalina.
>Upon seeing you, she smiled, then looked at what you were doing and smiled even wider.
>"I see you're giving it a try, Spring?" she asked, approaching on her wheelchair and trying to take a look.
>Sweet and filling, oat for energy and peaches for the kick. Good choice. What made you get up so early? You usually like to sleep longer than the rest of us."
>>
>>26642760
You were really thirsty and decided to get a drink of water.
>>
>>26643183
"I just wanted to have a drink, I'm thirsty."
>"Understandable, after the previous evening. But if that would be the only reason, you'd have a sip of water and go to sleep" the older mare said, while checking if your dish was doing okay.
>You weren't sure if you could overcook oat, but you were grateful nevertheless.
>"And you are sitting there, fully awake, making us breakfast. You look unusual, Spring. Is there something bothering you?"
>From the sound of it you could assume you were readable like a book today.
>She could tell you were stressed.
>You didn't tell the mare duo about your plans for today yet, maybe you could do it now.
>Ask for advice, tips.
>You'd have to tell them anyway, might as well do it now.

>Suddenly you tensed even more, like an electric bolt struck your body.
>You completely forgot to visit your roommates yesterday!
>Now it was dawn, daylight was present again and this meant that probably snipers were posing a danger again.
>Damn.
>This was bad.
>Not 'the world is going to burn now' kind of bad, however you felt kind of guilty that you failed to complete that little objective.
>It wasn't you fault and you were convinced about it, since nopony could predict what had happened during the evening.
>Plus, why should you blame yourself if you wanted the pleasure from that time to continue.
>But maybe you could still salvage it.
>Yes, there was still some time to spare, if you only wanted to do it.
"I just forgot about something. Luckily, I recalled it now" you said to Kalina.
>"What is it?"
>Hold up.
>Could you spare that time? Could you afford paying your roommates a visit?
>Or perhaps you should focus on preparing to leave for the most important task?
>You were torn between duty and promise made to yourself.
>What would you choose.

Half an hour and I go to bed. Soon the more calm and maybe boring part of quest should be over.
>>
>>26643413
gut tells me duty because we can always visit afterwards and the sooner the message gets out the better.
>>
File: Sweetie deralle.png (47 KB, 141x176) Image search: [Google]
Sweetie deralle.png
47 KB, 141x176
Sweetie Derelle? Sweetie Derelle.
>>
>>26643413
Duty. Although it sucks that we didn't get to see our friends we have other business to attend to.

>>26643521
Long time; no see.
>>
>>26644079
Its been a while since ive been on, but there haven't been any sweetie derails since then?
>>
>>26644110
Derelle is dead, m8. I don't know how long it's been since I've seen her.
>>
Night.
>>
>>26644285
She might be dead, but this thread isn't yet
>>
have a good night
>>
>>26643504
>>26644079
>Obvious answer was duty first.
>The soldiers gave you news, that meant you were somewhat included in their ranks. In a way. Or something.
>Anyway, even if you didn't see your roommates which sucked pretty hard, you had other business to attend to.
>Objectively more important. The thought hurt a bit, but it was truth. Going north and looking for that tower - and your dad - was more crucial than heading to a hospital that may or may not be already emptied.
>But on the inside, you were rather upset by recent turn of events. You couldn't see if Splinter still tortures everypony around her with board games, not to add what happened last night, after you returned.
>But being unhappy won't change a thing, you said to yourself, mustering up your strengths and smarts for the challenge this day will pose.
"I forgot that I have an announcement for all of you. When Clean and Hran will wake up, I will tell you everything. Before you ask, I just don't want to repeat myself later, that is all."
>"Of course. But maybe I could wake them up so you wouldn't have to wait?"
"Actually, it's a good idea. Thank you."
>"I'm always happy to help."
>Kalina rolled away towards the beddings, and in th meantime you started to look through all your stuff, to see what you posessed and what could prove itself necessary.
>This was going to be a tough time, not your average everyday scavenging trip with occasional threat.
>So, you had to be very scrutinous in getting ready and choose wisely what should you take with you.
>cont
>>
>>26648083
>You had one set of saddlebags you usually used and a pouch. The pouch was sized like one bag, but it was more difficult to wear since it had more straps to keep it in place.
>Apart of the food you saw when you prepared breakfast you found little jar of jam, loaf of stale bread and plastic container of marmalade. Plus water, mostly bottled.
>Not like 'bottled bought in a shop', but like 'bottled in home for easier storing'.
>To defend yourself from harm you could use kneepads, helmets - two with holes and two intact, finally the now damaged vest you wore in the theatre.
>In the basement were various tools gathered by you and Hran: duct tape, hammers, screwdrivers, screws, insulated pliers and scissors, nails, small saw, wires, wrenches of various sizes and kinds, junk Hranchak used to make his traps.
>At last, medical supplies consisted of following: three packs of regular patches, one roll of long tape patch, seven bandages - only two of them were of same size, two packs of paracetamol, one leaf of aspirin tabs, some anti-flea liquid, three packs of painkillers, some loose pills of various shapes and sizes gathered in a plastic bag, ampoule of penicillin wrapped in cotton wool, then placed in a tiny wooden box, then hidden under other medical stuff, and last but not least, some mysterious white powder.
>You also had the two boxes from theatre and compass.
>These were your supplies, hoarded in your basement. This was survival of you and your group in physical form.
>And you had to pick what you will and Hran take with you to the north.

>Plus you needed to prepare some kind of a speech, because Kalina finished her job of waking everypony up.
>And enduring their discontent, coming mainly from Hranchak, who was complaining about his head.
>Or perhaps would you prefer to wait with the announcement until they all will be in tiptop condition?
>>
>>26648100
Glad I have part of the day off for this.

Let's take enough knew pads for both us and Hran and grab the two undamaged helmets. Take the insulated pliers, duct tape, and the small saw. Take the seven bandages, the long roll of tape patch, and a pack of pain killers. Bring water and a lot of it. We'll need it for both hydration and to clean wounds out the best we can. As for food the radio operator should be able to bring some MRE's for us. Now, if we can find some ash or charcoal make sure to rub as much of it into our and Hran's fur as possible. Leave a few small freeform patches of our coat uncovered from the ash. It's not the best camo but it will help break up our shape, similar to the spots on a leopard or cheetah.
>>
>>26648207
I forgot to mention that we also need to bring the compass.

Before we make the speech we should give Hran some aspirin and water first. Let's make a nice, simple speech. What we are about to do is of the utmost importance. The rest of Equestria must know that the city is still holding and that we have uncover that changelings are working with the Dogs. We, being us and Hran, will be meeting with a radio operator in the East before crossing the shore into Doggish territory. Once there we will make our way to the last remaining working radio tower in the city and broadcast a quick but precise message to whatever is left of Equestria. There is no guarantee of Equestrian forces rescuing the city, or if this information will even have an effect on the war but it is something that must be done. After making the broadcast we will head back as quickly and safely as possible. While we are there we may look for signs of my family or of Clean's husband but the mission and our survival are the primary focus. We don't know when we'll be back but it may take as long as a day or two. Don't try to talk us out of it because it has already been decided. Do not fear for us. I believe that the two of you remaining should return to the theater for protection. They'll take you in with open hooves. If everything goes right this will be just another thing for the scrap book.
>>
>>26648207
>>26648312
"If your head hurts" you said politely after another complaint "take some aspirin, I found it while digging through our stuff."
>>"How nice" he said with little enthusiasm. "Thanks."
>"Remember kids" announced Clean in snarky tone when Hran moved aside to take the pill. "Hangover hurts more than it is worth."
>>"I've heard that."
>"Perfect. You're done with reh-co-ve-ry?" even if you tried your best, you couldn't put more malicious emphasis on her last word.
>It looked like the mood from evening remained in the air, making you feel less comfortable than you would like.
>Same goes for Kalina, judging from the fact that she moved towards the stove and remained completely quiet.
>All of you ate the prepared meal and Cushins was nice enough to compliment you for the attempt.
>"For your first time cooking for us" she said with delicate smile. "You did very well. Maybe that recipe will come in handy again, in better times."
"Why thank you. I woke up first for quite a time and I wanted to try myself, plus prepare a little surprise for all of you."
>"It's definitely better than surprise we had last night. By the way, were you inspecting our inventory again? You could simply asked for help, it would be faster that way."
"This wasn't a simple inspection. I have something important to tell you and Miss Kalina. All of us finished eating?"
>The pegasus mare nodded, green earth mare simply said yes.
>>"Sure" Hran joined and suppressed a burp. He looked like eating was a great effort to him. When he met your gaze, he grinned slightly. "It's tasty, I'm just a little sick. Seriously, good meal."
"Good."
>cont
>>
>>26649096
"If you're all done me and Hran will have some explanation to do. This little mess I've made wasn't done just to see how many stuff do we have now" you began, assuming a serious face.
>Strangely, the atmosphere around improved a bit, as the pair of earth ponies focused more on listening to you than coming up with some nasty riposte.
>The orange stallion was waiting for you to finish and move on to preparations, while the green mare was looking at you expectantly.
>And Kalina, she was looking at you and her grandson with hint of understanding. Her eyes were lacking certainity, but you could tell she was suspecting what your announcement is going to be about.
"We, and I mean me and Hranchak here" mentioned pony waved ironically in vain attempt to joke "are about to go on a mission. Mission of utmost importance, something important for this city and likely Equestria as a whole."
>Elder mare nodded to herself, as if acknowledging your words, or perhaps confirming her thoughts.
>Clean took her time to roll your first words in her mind, then she gasped.
"The Princesses, our whole country, must know about the changeling involvement in this conflict. They need to know that we're facing another enemy, the vile species that can infiltrate our ranks, spy on us and spoil our plans."
"To achieve this goal, we will be meeting with a radio operator in the East before crossing the river into Dog-occupied part of the city."
>"Wait, why? Why do you need to go there?" Clean interrupted your speech, while sending you a glare of surprise and denial.
"The last remaining radio tower allowing us to broadcast the vital message is located somewhere out there. Me, Hran and the operator will have to find it and use it. I was told that the message should be short but as precise as possible, and I think we should think of something before we go, to be sure we won't forget it when the right time comes."
>cont
>>
>>26649105
"Nopony can guarantee that Equestrian army will come and rescue the city and soldiers here won't be able to aid us in escape when we will finish the job."
>"Then why are you doing this? Why risking your life if you don't even know if it helps?"
"It's for you. For me. For Hran, for Miss Kalina, Dixie and Tinpot, your husband and my family, for all the ponies we've met, for all citizens of Fillydelphia and Equestria. There is no guarantee this information will tip the scales of this war, or have any effect at all, but it's something that simply has to be done."
"This is a chance and we can't let it slip. I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I knew I could do something so important and refused to do so. Assuming I'd survive. I couldn't live while being aware of how much depended on me and I failed. I think Hran might feel the same now."
>Your friend was looking at the wall behind you, and when he realized you were talking about him, he quickly focused his gaze on you.
>Maybe it was the light, but his eyes seemed to be a bit more moist than average.
>The green mare remained silent.
"After we will transmit the message, we will try to do our best to return quickly and safely, but I can't make promises. The journey will be challenging and threatening, you have to be aware of this. It may take a day, two days, or..."
"... or a little bit longer than that. We will take some time to look around for my parents and maybe we'd be able to find something about Sprocket, Clean."
>You made pause to let her express herself if she wished to.
>Yet the basement remained completely silent.
>The gravity of situation you were in and mission you took on your back was forcing itself into the minds of the mare.
>Yellow pegasus didn't say a single word, merely looking at her grandson, who was sitting straight in his place.
>cont
>>
>>26649116
"Please remember that we will focus on our main priority, then survival, then looking for relatives" you already knew you were partially lying to them. No way you will pass a possibility to look for your mom and dad.
>And maybe your aunt. She was bitchy, but she didn't deserve to die or be imprisoned by occupant.
>Cushions nodded, acknowledging your words, however she wasn't looking so gloomy as before.
"For the time of our absence I advise you to head to the Royal Theatre. These ponies know our group well, so they will take you with open hooves. And when you will be with them, we will worry less about your safety. I count on you, Clean. Head there, I don't want you two to stay alone."
>>"And Cushions..." suddenly, Hran interjected your speech, but you weren't mad at him.
>His voice was calm and quiet, but strong. Not shaky or faint.
>>"I don't want us to part our ways in anger. I'm very sorry for everything. Take care of my granny, okay?"
>"Oh, Hran" earth mare turned her eyes from you to the skinny stallion, who nodded to her and smiled delicately. "I... I'm sorry too. We shouldn't have argue as often as we did. It's not only your fault."
>>"Glad that you can admit this."
>"So this is settled?" Kalina asked you when Cushions and Hranchak were busy with banter. "Nothing can change your mind?"
"No. It has already been decided. I wanted to go, and Hran bravely said he won't let me alone."
>"He has a chance of becoming a better pony than I was back in my days. Maybe I will sound strange to you, but I'm proud of him. Afraid, but proud. Who would have thought of it, can you tell? Fate is a strange thing. River of unpredictable current. Sometimes the water flows two times under the same bridge, to use a metaphor. I wish you best and I will pray for you."
"It will be okay."
>"I want to believe."
>cont
>>
>>26649126
>After your speech the mood in the basement was way different than ever.
>Everypony was silent, you could feel the sadness looming in the warm air.
>There was also acceptance.
>Clean and Kalina did as you asked - they didn't try to talk you or Hran out of the whole idea.
>Only stallion in the group was packing things according to the list you prepared for him.
>You, like a good friend, were overseeing everything and helping him with your mare ability of stuffing many things in seemingly not too big containers.
>The silence from before was disturbed by distant cracking of gunshots, likely from the streets held by ponies, because it sounded too far from the frontline.
>Intensity of audible fire exchange was increasing over time.
>If you wished to talk with your comrades, take time to mentally prepare, try to calm down completely or do something else in your basement, now it was the time for it.
>>
>>26649131
How are we going to pay for the ride across the river?
>>
You could think of something when more players will arrive. And let me know if do something here in the shelter or start the venture.

I will be not availible from 21 to around midnight EET.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.