[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucking HATE these slightly old oldfags who shitpost about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 16
File: 4.png.png (161 KB, 906x906) Image search: [Google]
4.png.png
161 KB, 906x906
I fucking HATE these slightly old oldfags who shitpost about hating the new seasons and be a fucking crybaby; so, why do you even hate the modern episodes. They're not perfect(like flurry cunt kinda) but I feel they are just as good or better than the old ones.
>>
>>27879679
Two words why I stopped watching:

Starlight Glimmer

That is all.
>>
I hate season 6 because Spike is getting more speaking lines than my waifu.
>>
>>27879679
you mean the bandwagon faggots who got here at the beginning of this year and simply shit on everything because thats what being a hardcore anonymous legion on 4chan means?
>>
File: 10.gif.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
10.gif.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>27879705
Oh! A character showing, get this, ACTUAL CHARACTER GROWTH!
>>
File: bitch calm down.jpg (55 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
bitch calm down.jpg
55 KB, 480x720
>>27879679
They are just opinions.
>>
File: 11.gif (273 KB, 350x372) Image search: [Google]
11.gif
273 KB, 350x372
>>27879729
nice joke, gave me a quick laugh.
>>
File: 1457417547042.gif (961 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1457417547042.gif
961 KB, 240x180
>>27879679
Stop caring so much, hate uses too much energy and gets fuck all accomplished.
>>
>>27879750
You mean constantly shoving in forced jokes about how she used to be bad? Yeah, GREAT development. This show is handled by some of the most immature pieces of shit in the business now. Jim Miller is nothing compared to Jayson Thiesson.
>>
File: 568356853.webm (309 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
568356853.webm
309 KB, 500x432
>>27879750
>>
>>27879822
>ignoring literally all of no second prances
Fans of the fandom alwarys have the shittiest opinions.
>>
>>27879822
>constantly shoving in forced jokes about how she used to be bad? Yeah, GREAT development.
The shitty jokes are the meddling execs' price for allowing actual development that doesn't get reset at the end of the episode. They want to be able to air episodes out of order without people getting confused about why Starlight's good in one ep and bad in the next.
>>
>>27879908
this. tv is a bitch.
>>
Older seasons, S1 in particular, had a more simple, comfy atmosphere and flow to them but had richer character moments, if only because we were just getting to know all these characters and they were getting to know each other. To me, S1 is a collection of a bunch of great little moments. With each new season there seems to be a trend of tackling more mature or complex themes with less room for simple, natural, endearing characterization. I'm not saying that it's always the case - there's still those great little moments in the show, but maybe it seems they happen less often. I personally still love the show and see it more as a tradeoff/progression. Some people would have liked nothing more than 6 seasons of S1 but I'm glad they've been reaching out with each successive season even if they haven't always been successful.

In addition, the shows been going on for awhile and for most people the show has fucked a character they've liked either in an episode or in totality. For me one such episode is Newbie Dash. For a lot of people there's been one or several of these moments for one or several characters throughout the show. When one of the biggest draws are the characters, that really hurts people's enjoyment.
As for worldbuilding there was a sense of infinite possibilities during the early seasons that really drew people. Now that's mostly because most things were never delved into with too much depth, but they did give a feeling that Equestria was this grand old place that was full of life. As the show has gone on, that feeling of scale and wonder has kinda withered due to the constant reappearance of certain locations and the overly human characterization of these places.

That's how I see it.

Again I still love the show and it makes me smile like a giddy idiot most of the time, but when a show changes, even in seemingly minor ways people are going to lose interest.

They're still faggots for constantly complaining though.
>>
>>27880282
Wow a rational comment.
>>
>>27879679
Why do you care? I hate this season. I think it's absolutely awful and has some of the worst episodes in the show, so I'll keep on complaining because it's the only thing I can do. But if you like the season, that shouldn't affect you.
I mean, I praised s5 because I loved it. Saying that if I don't like what the show is doing I can't complain about it, is stupid.
>>
File: 1399740487521.png (123 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
1399740487521.png
123 KB, 900x598
Dat feel when you still enjoy pone as much as when it first came out but browse this board less and less often.

The show still reaches out and does new things while this board has become increasingly more dull and awash in repetitive content.

Ironic, isn't it?
>>
>>27879679
do i hate mars bars
>>
File: 1460496903740.jpg (168 KB, 1033x679) Image search: [Google]
1460496903740.jpg
168 KB, 1033x679
>>27880282
>>
>>27881142
(Jews)
>>
>>27879679
t. newfag
>>
>>27880282
This. A narrative that stretches over such a long timespan (6 years and possibly going?) is bound to mature some and adapt a somewhat more "adult" appeal. Another perfect example is the Harry Potter novels. The first one was humorous and lighthearted, giving the reader an idea of a grand world and a fun experience. Jump to the last novels and the story turned dark and gritty, with beloved characters being killed off. In a span of 10 years, the audience that followed the series had matured, and so did the story in order to not have it appear too childish for the audience. The general tone of MLP has changed. As the characters have progressively been completed, they've gone from learning about friendship to practicing and teaching it.

Do I like it? Not really. I look back at S1 and I enjoy the more lighthearted feel much more than the "serious" one of the recent seasons. Just as a comparison: in the first season we had lots of episodes like Feeling Pinkie Keen, Applebuck Season, and Look Before You Sleep where the entire episodes was just the mane 6 doing silly things, and it was fun. And as we traverse into the 6th season, the moments of "silly" become more scarce, and certainly not as many entire episodes. And even then, they're not coming across as much "silly" as "retarded" (Applejack's "Day" Off and "Newbie Dash")
>>
>>27881296
s1 was lighthearted and simple mainly because hasbro wanted to play it super conservative. it was pleasant, but it was never great like the other seasons that came later.
its why when people rate seasons it normally ends up right at the end; only better than s3.
>>
>>27879679
Fuck off newfag! And fuck your marker!
>>
>>27881296
That's another thing - the quality of the writing. Outside a select few, most of the writers don't seem to have the same drive or love for the show the older writers did. not to say the older seasons didn't have their fair share of episodes that were bad, but there seems to be more episodes where they happen to fuck up the narrative somehow even though it should be simple.
>>
>>27882949
This.
>>
>>27879729
U dont like to meet new people arent you?
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 570x570
>>27881128
I know tf
>>
>>27880282

I like posts like these. It reminds me that there are people here with a brain.

To add on to it, a lot of the reasons people were so upset with Twilicorn and the season 3 finale was because it meant a turning point for the show. It wasn't just a status upgrade, it meant the overall focus and flow of the show was going to be changed from one which was inward, towards the main 6 as they became friends, built their friendship up, and enjoyed each others company, to an outward focus of the world of Equestria. Twilight becoming a princess meant she had a bigger roll (which everyone knew she would sooner or later) coming and that would change the feeling of the show overall. While there are still fun, lighthearted episodes, they are more infrequent. You have a lot more development of the world and ponies outside the main 6 as they now had to have Twilight focus on a bigger group than just her friends. Season 4 was the lead-in, Season 5 was the prime example, and Season 6 is the continuation. The focus of the narrative changed and that made a lot of people upset which is why post-Twilicorn you saw a lot of people stop watching/quit.
>>
>>27879679
You know what? The real oldfags who drifted in here from /b/ and /co/ when this board was new hate those fuckers too. Here's hoping their power supplies catch fire. Goddam babbies.
>>
File: .jpg (338 KB, 944x950) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
338 KB, 944x950
>>27881128
Kinda this but the board and its predecessors have always been shit. In fact I would have watched the show two months earlier if I weren't so disgusted by pony spam on /b/ and /b/reads in particular. I miss my local imageboard, it's long dead.
>>
>>27883235
Sure I am. I just want my favorite character to get some attention, too.
>>
>>27879679
fucking christ, what is that atrocious image?
>>
>>27879679
C'mon, that's not true and you know it :^)
>>
>>27884523
Go on youtube and search for "I Hate Everything". Great channel.
>>
File: shaggy's face when.jpg (29 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
shaggy's face when.jpg
29 KB, 640x427
>>27885448
>entry-tier contrarianism where people can feel like social rebels for hating the minions
>anti-gun
No thanks. The only good stuff was the comment comeback, but now everyone does shitty comments on purpose to get in those, so I can't trust the comments to be authentic. In my opinion the reason he was better before was because he was more joke-oriented and never took it seriously, now that he has an audience he just uses his channel to complain about the state of youtube. None of it is really controversial anymore, just taking the lowest hanging fruit and attacking the shit everyone already complained about (and already made better videos on the topic than he did).
>>
>>27885448
Cancer youtuber
>>
File: 1427375701735.png (192 KB, 525x634) Image search: [Google]
1427375701735.png
192 KB, 525x634
>>27879750
>He thinks Starlight developing male balding patterns is character growth
>>
>>27879679
Yeah, most "oldfags" are pure cancer and are a the biggest reason this board is shit. Just ignore them.
>>
>>27879679
>>>/trash/
>>
>>27880282
>that feeling of scale and wonder has kinda withered
>overly human characterization of these places
YES THIS

I don't want to see 1920s manhattan that happens to have had all the people replaced with ponies. I want to see what an actual city built by magic horses would look like. Where are the massive 20th-story windows giving pegasus couriers easy access to the top floors of the building? If someone would just put 5 minutes' thought into how each new location would differ from the human norm, we'd get a lot more nice little details like the good old two-button typewriter.
>>
>>27880282
>For me one such episode is Newbie Dash
I disagree, Dash herself was portrayed with having the insecurities with her ego as she was previously and it delved deeper into how the bullying she went through really had affected her in such a way, and the Wonderbolts themselves were shown to be not just self-interested assholes but as an actual unit that was comfortable enough with each other to participate in the camaraderie.

The only really negative thing about it was the cringy moments Dash was faking her friends' personalities that dragged on a little longer than it should have, but still wasn't the worst it could have been.
>>
>>27879679
And I fucking faggot like the youtube guy in the OP: Ride the hate meme of spouting shit about random group but always add "ITS A PARODY ITS A JEST LOL" when in reality they probably think all that shit and just add this at the end to cover their asses.
>>
>>27887252
>this
>>
>>27887252
Generally anybody who relies on drama mongering and spurring controversy for youtube views and money are terrible leeches.

Did you know IHE was upset when his account was taken down not because he lost all his "content" he worked so hard on creating, but because he lost the money cow that was all his subscribers? He would have had to work all those guaranteed-views back up from scratch if he couldn't get the account back. The poor soul. :'(
>>
>>27887200
>The only really negative thing about it was the cringy moments Dash was faking her friends' personalities
This is exactly what made me hate the episode. Dash is insecure, sure, but for her to go as far as completely erase her own personality to ape her friends in order to fit in infuriated me.
>>
>>27879679
>I feel they are just as good or better than the old ones
Good for you. I don't.
>>
>>27887599
>pouring countless hours into whats basically his job and hobby
Its perfectly reasonable to be upset that something you have dedicated yourself to gets taken away because some little faggot didnt like what you had to say.
Imagine you got fired for making a shitty joke at work. Wait a sec, you are a disgusting neckbeard neet who has probably never had a job
>>
>>27888951
>Butthurt fan detected
Keep in mind that his whole shtick is to get views by inciting the audience with controversial "opinions". He gets views by bitching about shit he doesn't like, some of which he doesn't even actually hate. That's not content, that's the equivalent of a click-bait opinion piece on some tabloid website. He gets the convenience of attracting views by people who disagree with him AND views by people fellating him for sharing their opinion. He couldn't even be labelled a "critic", because none of it is actually constructive.

Tell me: why would someone whiteknight a person who has no clue who they are and is most likely using them to get money?
>>
>>27888951
>saved
>>
File: Hotwings.jpg (18 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
Hotwings.jpg
18 KB, 262x192
They're all missing one thing.

Hotwings.
>>
>>27889121
Because >>27888951 is a normalfag.
>>
>>27889302
I'm hungry now.
>>
File: 1424376713485.png (50 KB, 666x425) Image search: [Google]
1424376713485.png
50 KB, 666x425
I stopped watching the show regularly after the disappointment of season 3. Some episodes since then were pretty good, but on top of losing interest in seeing characters learn the same shit over and over again Fluttershy, you'll be a fucking doormat forever and my life getting too busy to keep up with episode releases and shit, the show doesn't give me the same feel as I did when I first seen season one.
I miss the feeling of the first encounter.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.