[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Little Progress : Technology Isn't Magic - Thread 27
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97
File: wut.jpg (129 KB, 900x855) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
129 KB, 900x855
Why didn't we think of a story like this earlier edition.

Twilight: I can't really believe your story Anon, buildings with over 100 levels? Flying boats bigger than Ponyville? And yet there's no magic in your world? Please.
>Growing tired of Twilight's berating, you go out into the world to prove her wrong.

That's the prompt that started it all. So what is thread about? It's about Anon bringing human science and inventions to Equestria and a disbelieving Twilight. Although, that's not necessarily the prompt you need to follow if writing is what you desire.

Thread Story List.
http://pastebin.com/XKLNjAAx
Previous thread: >>>>27546463
>>
File: such_is_life.png (617 KB, 3888x2336) Image search: [Google]
such_is_life.png
617 KB, 3888x2336
>>27708341
Screencap those stories like pic related did
>>
File: besthorsecomingthru.jpg (19 KB, 236x347) Image search: [Google]
besthorsecomingthru.jpg
19 KB, 236x347
Just going to throw this out now.

How many people are interested in/will read my current story on this thread? If there isn't a whole lot of interest I might just can it before I get too invested in it, and put all of my attention towards my other story I'm working on.
>>
>>27708846
Did you do a reboot or something like that? I was AWOL for most of the last thread.
>>
>>27708912
In a way. I put my story on hold as I thought that the writing and where it was headed was awful. Characters weren't believable and Anon was too much of an American to be a Confederate leader. I started over, but in the Star Wars thread. New approach, new intro, same characters. Yes, I brought FI back.

That's not what I'm talking about however.

I'm talking about a completely new and different story for this thread that actually focuses on the topic. Technology in Equestria. Essentially, Anon was a gene scientist for some rich bastard on Earth, when one day he was brought to Equestria. He had his research and specimens with him when it happened. The usual.

Three years or so later, he managed to start up a biological dinosaur preserve, but was lacking funds to make it happen. So, he opened it to the public, and made it a park. (Gee, how original.)

I already started it a bit if you want to read what I have, but before I continue I want to see the response to >>27708846 .

http://pastebin.com/yMC4JgwT

Hope that helps.
>>
>>27708846
Write whatever you want. I'll be pleased either way.
>>
>>27708980
Sticking to the topic would be nice. But any green is green in a thread as dead as this one.
>>
i would love to write tonight but anything i put out would be garbage, so sadly i'm just going to sleep tonight.
>>
>>27662770
My mistake. I meant to go over that stuff but it slipped my mind. I'll fit it into this batch. Thanks for pointing that out.

>You are Luna.
>You are apprehensive.
>Your trip to the front lobby was worrying enough.
>Several harsh blasts cracked through the sky as you walked through the crowded halls.
>Followed by a massive crashing sound and a shockwave.
>When you came to the front lobby of the hospital, you found a hoard of those tentacled flying disks.
>Some foolish pony tried to tackle one. A quick strike from the metal limb left him lying on the ground, groaning in pain.
>The less stupid ones started running or hiding.
>Like a foal’s nightmare, the faceless machines flooded the halls, circling around the immobile patients.
>They could do nothing but scream as countless tonnes of metal surrounded them, poking and prodding.
>One moved up to you.

>”Is Twilight always such a spaz?”

>Oh no.
>Not NOW.
>Not when you were so close!

“WHAT DID SHE DO?”

>”Something incredibly stupid. Don’t worry, she’ll live. Consider that a gift, maybe an apology for not helping you with this medical crisis sooner. You live in the nearby palace, correct?”

>She’ll LIVE?
>What exactly did that fool do this time?
>But, if she’ll live…
>Then it can wait.
>There are other concerns that are more immediate.
>Like the panic that’s spreading.
>You wish to chastise him for terrifying the patients.
>But you'd rather not take the chance that he might stop.
>Perhaps a more gentle approach?

“I do. Are you aware that you're frightening them?”

>”Not my fault that you ponies are scared of everything. Besides, time is a factor. If I take my time and try to ease them into it some WILL die. Go home, I'll meet you there.”

>The tentacled metal construct folds up into a disk and flies off, becoming lost in the crowd of identical machines.
>You comply.
>>
>>27709551
>You step out and take flight.
>For the first time since this all began, you take the time to drink in the sight of Canterlot.
>You see crushed and twisted metal strewn about, including what looks like a massive blimp that seems to have crushed an entire city block.
>Twilight’s work, no doubt.
>But even without her influence, this city has seen better days.
>The Capital city of the world's greatest nation.
>The shining beacon of civilization that urges all to do better.
>Burnt out buildings, shattered windows, smashed carts…
>It looks like a war zone.
>A proper war zone, not like the desert basin you'd been ‘fighting’ for.
>Last time you were here it wasn't at all like this.
>All that's happened since then is…
>The Titan.
>The first time everypony lost their magic, well, you needn't imagine the terror that gripped them.
>You felt it yourself.
>And regardless of whether they knew the cause or not, the reaction was the same.
>Madness.
>And neither you nor Celestia were here to placate them.
>They didn't even know where the two of you were.
>Perhaps a riot was inevitable.
>How widespread the damage, how many cities burned, you can only guess.
>You approach the palace and fly through one of the smashed stained glass windows.
>One of the machines floats in after you.

>”What happened to this place anyway? It wasn’t a particularly impressive hamlet, but at least it was in good order.”

>HAMLET?

“I thought you could see everything from above.”

>”Not all at once! And besides, I was… occupied at the time.”

>Not all at once?
>You’d started to think this thing had no limits.
>That it could do anything.
>A foolish notion, but recent history had impressed you nearly beyond measure.
>To slay a Titan…
>>
>>27709560

“A riot, I’m sorry to say. The bulk of the guard has deserted because they feared you, so there was nothing to keep it in check. The Titan drew on our magic twice, the first time with far less effect. There was a mass panic afterwards and, well…”

>He must think so incredibly little of you.
>Rioting just because you were afraid.
>It seems so stupid that-

>”Makes sense.”

>Really?

“Do your people riot too?”

>”All the time. We often joke that Martians would riot for two things. When their error 006 team lost the Grey Cup, or when they won it. Context, sorry. A sports tournament.”

>You had assumed they’d be above such things.
>To hear that they have equine foibles comes as a shock.
>And over sports of all things?

>”We need some place to discuss things. Some place private.”

>You nod and lead the way to the throne room.
>You push open the door to find the place destroyed.
>The carpet has been torn up, the thrones smashed, the jewels stolen.
>There's debris and broken glass everywhere.

“Ugh.”

>You lead the way to the courtroom.
>You push the door open and find that it has fared even worse.

“Really?”

>You guide the tentacled construct to your room.
>It looks like they've yet to repair the damage your sister caused; the charred hole where your door used to be hasn't even been boarded up.
>You step in to find that, miraculously, the interior is untouched.
>Perhaps the rioters thought your room to already be looted and didn't bother to check?
>They surely saw the signs of forced entry.
>You check under your bed and find the Sunstone untouched.
>You let out a breath you didn't even know you'd been holding.
>Best move that to a more secure location.
>There's no longer any need to hide it from Celestia.

>”You hide your valuables under your BED? Don't you have a vault or something?”

“Long story, special case.”
>>
>>27709568
>You make your way to your reading chair and sit upon it.
>The carpet has faded slightly, showing where your smashed bookshelves used to lay.

“I’d offer you a seat, but I see no way you should use one. What need we discuss?

>”Straight to business. I might have liked you under different circumstances. Very well. You were right.”

>Many questions come to mind.
>But you elect to remain silent.
>It would be rude to interrupt him.
>And you feel no need to anger him further.

>”I didn't understand your plight. I had no idea how bad things are down here. It's almost like reading about ancient history. Likewise, you don't understand what you've done by enlisting my aid. Life is going to get way more complicated, and you’ll run into problems you’ve never even imagined. Your society, your culture and traditions, perhaps even your nation. Done.”

“W-what?”

>”Dead. No more. Ceased to be. Expired. A late society. A stiff. Pushing up daisies. Joined the choir invisible. An ex-nation.”

>You’d suspected this was coming.
>And you’re prepared to make the sacrifice that he demands.

“So, you’ve not forgiven us. You’re going to take your vengeance. The citizens had no part in this. I ask that you-”

>”Oh, shut up. Why do you ponies always think I’m out to hurt you? Why do you have such a persecution complex? Bah, we’ll discuss that later. First off, NO, I haven’t forgiven you. But that’s not the point. Your society relies on death. You may not realise it, but pretty much everything you’ve built up over the years will fail if ponies start living even just a few decades longer. Pension plans will bankrupt, youth unemployment will reach record highs, infrastructure will be overtaxed, natural resources will be depleted, pandemics will grow in number and severity, you’ll have a housing crises, food shortages, you’ll run out of clean water… need I go on?”
>>
>>27709575
>You don’t like the sound of any of those things.
>It seems like a pretty bleak future.

>”You’re going to need to figure out the solution to most of these things yourselves, because I don’t have the answer. My people went through the same transition, but much MUCH slower. One breakthrough at a time, on new crisis at a time, and still it was messy. And even if our methods were solid, I assure you they wouldn’t work for you. You’re a different species. All problems even loosely based on society will manifest differently for you.”

“Is this all truly inevitable?”

>”Progress ALWAYS makes a mess. It might as well be a law of the universe. I don’t think your society can survive progressing this much in this little time, but you might surprise me. Be sure I’ll be watching very closely. Are you regretting doing this? Because it’s too late. Today Equestria, tomorrow the whole damn world.”

>You must confess that the shine has come off of the apple.
>You’d assumed that all, or at least most, of your problems would be solved.
>That you’d be going into a golden age.
>The cost seems high.
>But when you think of all the good ponies who’ve turned to little more than dust...

“I don’t regret it at all. We’ll face new challenges, we’ll struggle, suffer, and perhaps fail. But we’ll survive. That’s what matters most.”

>”Good. Because- hold on.”

>It floats out of your room.
>One of its tentacles starts glowing red.
>There’s a quick flash of light, followed by a yelp and galloping.

>”Go on! Get out of here! And don’t come back!”

>It returns through the doorway, the appendage no longer glowing.
>You had no idea somepony was listening…
>How did he know?
>>
>>27709582
>”He’ll be fine. Anyway, as I was saying there’s more. A pretty big problem I’m sure you’ll agree, and we need to address it immediately. I don’t have a clue how your bodies work. I’ve tried to figure it out, I’ve spent a great deal of time thinking on it, I’ve run tests and simulations, but my predictions never match reality. My abilities will be EXTREMELY limited until I figure out more.”

”But, Spike-”

>”That was an injury. If I can figure out what a certain tissue is intended to do I can make a prosthetic and replace it. Disease will take a deeper understanding, and curing you of senescence? I’ll need a nearly total understanding of your biology. It’ll take time.

>Your heart skips a beat.
>Your eyes go wide.
>You forget to breathe.
>To think that ponies might never grow old again!
>You’d just expected that they’d be able to last in their twilight years.
>That he’d sustain their bodies a little bit longer.
>But to avoid that altogether?

“Curing senescence?”

>”It IS a disease. A terminal one at that. I don’t care that nearly everyone deals with it, that doesn’t change a thing.”

“No, no. Not that. It’s just… I’ve dreamt of this day for thousands of years. Is it truly possible?”

>”It is. We as a species did it to ourselves. It was a stupid gamble, but it paid off.”

“A stupid gamble?”

>”We created a virus-”

“WHAT?”

>”-And infected each and every person with it. Not all at once, we were planning on doing trial runs on small groups. Then it broke out of containment somehow. To this day nobody knows what happened. Viruses change the makeup of cells they infect. Permanently. We designed the virus to do what we wanted. We’ve done it a few more times since, it’s by far the easiest way to change anything bigger than a zygote. This stuff might be beyond me, I never had a head for biology. We’ll see.”
>>
>>27709589
“Couldn’t it have gone horribly wrong? Couldn’t you have made an unstoppable plague?”

>”Well, yeah. Obviously.”

>These space apes are crazy!

>”But no need to worry about that just yet, I’ll need to know a LOT more before that’s even worth discussing. In the meantime, well… your sister got it pretty bad.”

>No.

>”I put Spike back together, but most of his tissue was still intact. For the most part I just needed to repair. But Celestia? She was cooked. Then whatever was left seems to have deteriorated pretty heavily before you found her. Most of her tissue is beyond salvaging.”

>No no no NO NO.
>You can’t lose her.
>There’s NOPONY ELSE you can talk to!
>You’ve had your… disagreements, but she’s the only family you’ve got, she’s been the only friend you’ve known for centuries on end, she’s-

>”Yeesh, stop crying. I’m just saying I’ll need a test subject.”

>A wave of relief washes over you.
>Even so, it takes a moment for you to collect yourself.

>”It’ll take a while, and I’ll probably fail a few times, but we’ll save whatever’s left of her. I see on her chart that you’re using some kind of time magic to buy time. Can you keep that up long enough? Wait a second, why is it just her?”

“It’s not just her, but it is rare. That spell is exceptionally difficult to cast, and even more taxing. There aren’t many unicorns who can do it, and even then they’re bad at it. There are just too many wounded, I’m sad to say. We use it as much as we can but in practical terms it simply won’t work for everypony.

>”But can you keep it up?”

“For her? The ponies of this land would do anything to keep her alive. That spell will never fail.”

>”Alright, I’ll take your word for it. I’d still like to get started as soon as possible.”

“I’ll start searching for volunteers immediately.”
>>
>>27709594
>”Well, y’see, there’s a problem with that. Thing is I need to know how alicorns work. There’s not a lot of them. And if you two are sisters you should be quite similar.”

>Oh.
>That’s…
>It’s asking for unrestrained access to your body.
>All of it.
>Inside and out.
>And to be able to do ANYTHING to you.

“When do we start?”
>You are Twilight Sparkle.
>You are exhausted.
>The relief efforts have had some effect, but there's way too much to do.
>Luckily Cadance stayed with you to help out.
>The Crystal Empire got buried in snow when the magic went out, but other than that they fared pretty well.
>You're returning to the palace after a long day.
>Cleanups had to be organized.
>Crimes had to be investigated.
>Repairs had to be done.
>And the paperwork.
>You're GOOD at paperwork.
>But it seemed endless!
>All these years you'd been so proud of yourself for your organization skills.
>But it turns out you're little more than a novice.
>The burden Celestia shoulders without complaint…
>She is the true master.
>Then it happened.
>At first they were specks upon the horizon.
>Then they resolved into what looked like massive blimps.
>Made of unpainted metal.

“Darn!”

>You silently chastise yourself for using such crude language.
>It's come.
>It's going to wipe out Equestria and there's nothing you can do about it.
>It can kill TITANS. You don't stand a chance.
>There are even rumors that it's a lightning god.
>You're going to die.
>But as the metal blimps rocket their way towards the city, you make a promise.
>You swear to yourself that you'll not give in.
>You'll not go quietly into the night.
>If pony kind is to go extinct, it'll be with a bang. Not a whimper.
>He'll never forget the ferocity with which you fought.
>And by the end of the day, the whole world will know that even lightning gods can bleed.

>”REMAIN CALM. WE MEAN YOU NO HARM.”
>>
>>27709601
>A likely story.
>Hundreds of disks are launched from the sides of the blimp, jettisoned without ceremony.
>But they don’t fall.
>They slowly float downward, and surround the hospital.
>You’re not sure WHY they’re going there, but you give it little thought.
>It’s time for action.
>You fire a bolt of raw mana at one of them.
>The disk goes flying, but quickly corrects its course, undamaged.
>You’d hoped you could get away with a lightweight spell.
>There’s so many, you’re going to wear yourself out long before they’re all gone.
>But you don’t care anymore.
>You just want to DESTROY.
>Your eyes go white as you float just above the ground.
>Magic crackles about your horn, far more than you’d have expected after recent history.
>But you don’t notice.
>You’re too focused.
>A lavender orb forms around one of them and closes in.
>You PUSH as you feel the ball straining and crushing the disk.
>It gracelessly falls to the ground.
>Another, another.

>”WE ARE HERE TO HELP WITH YOUR WOUNDED. CEASE DESTROYING THESE MACHINES IMMEDIATELY, OR I WILL RESPOND WITH FORCE.”

>There were words, but you were focused too much to pay them any mind.
>At first you were crushing three or four at once.
>Then a couple.
>And finally, dozens later, you’re straining against even just the one.
>Your hooves set down on the cobblestone, your legs tremble feebly trying to support your exhausted frame.
>The fire goes out of your eyes.
>You close them, resigned to your fate.
>There’s too many.
>You’ve failed.
>You…
>You just wish things could be like they were before.
>Before the ape ruined everything.
>You were happy with your life.
>You had your friends, your books…
>Sure, there were hard times, but you faced them together.
>You haven’t seen some of your friends in months!
>And even Pinkie and Dash, you’ve only seen them in passing.
>You miss them.
>And it tore you away from them.
>That wasn’t enough though.
>Not by a long shot.
>>
>>27709610
>It cut Spike up, and turned him into a monster.
>It made Celestia and Luna do terrible things.
>It displaced THOUSANDS of ponies, destroying their homes.
>IT brought A FUCKING TITAN BACK.
>And because of that DISGUSTING HEAP OF FILTH, Celestia’s DEAD.
>You will NEVER have your old life back.
>IT ruined EVERYTHING.
>You HATE it.
>YOU HATE IT YOU HATE IT YOU HATE IT!
>You don’t just want it dead.
>You want it to SUFFER.
>There is NOTHING you’d like more than to STOMP on its DISGUSTING FACE!
>And the rage, the unbridled fury.
>It feels GOOD.
>You bare your teeth in a wicked grin.
>You open your eyes.
>The world seems so much brighter than before.
>The colours so much more vivid.
>And up there, in the sky, are those damn disks.
>Ruining your view.
>But you’ve bigger oats to fry.
>You turn your gaze to the blimps.
>The giant vessels that they came from.
>Why crush the ants when you can flood the mound?
>Thousands of purple lances appear in the sky, encircling the disgusting lump of metal.
>Magic floods out of your body, launching them forward.
>And for all the magic that leaves, pleasure takes its place.
>You’ve never felt so very ALIVE.
>You’re giddy with delight as you watch your spell do its work
>It pierces the hull with ease turning the hulk of metal into a pincushion.
>The machine starts to fall from the sky

>”THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. I’VE BEEN UNREASONABLY PATIENT WITH YOU.”

>Using magic feels so GOOD.
>So you’re going to use as much as you can.
>Lightning crackles everywhere over your body.
>A thick, black aura radiates out from you.
>Your horn glows with thicker, darker purple as you prepare.
>Nothing fancy.
>No subtlety.
>Just a show of raw power.
>A thick beam engulfs the blimp, nearly totally obscuring it from your view.
>The faint silhouette slowly shrinks as you continue your assault.
>And when you’re finally too tired to keep it up?
>Nothing remains.
>>
>”ON YOUR OWN HEAD BE IT!”

>A thin beam of light pierces the sky.
>And your hide.
>And your lung.
>You collapse to the ground, struggling for breath.

That’s it.
No, I’m not planning on making Twilight the new big bad. In fact, I don’t even plan on having one at all.

A fairly significant development was implied in this one. I'm going to go ahead and assume everybody got it because it seems quite obvious, but if you missed it please let me know. I'm terrible at this kind of thing.
>>
>>27709638
>I don’t even plan on having one at all.
Cool, interested to see how that turns out.
>>
>>27709638
I'm glad there won't be another big bad, it would just be too much, and I like the aspect of twilight now knowing what the royal sisters were doing to themselves when using that dark magic.
>>
>>27709638
>significant development
>Luna has sex with Anon
>>
>>27710371
Okay.
>>
>>27709638
You don't need Twilight to be a BIG bad... She's always a pest in many fics. A LITTLE bad is more fun.

But I'm glad you're taking our feedback into account. We don't always need a big bad.

I do suggest, however, whatever you plan, take it one step at a time. That way, when you finally get bored and desire to leave or work on something else (be it in 3 weeks or 3 years) there won't be an abrupt ending in the middle of a Kudzuhaiku (please don't) length story.
>>
>>27709575
Such consequences could be overcome by something like the suppression field from Half-Life 2.

At the very least, the vast majority of those who are cured of senescence should be sterilized
>>
>>27709638
rekt
>>
I'm back from the previous thread.
>>27669178

>You wake up from your surprisingly good feeling bed.
>After getting dressed, and getting a coffee, you walk over to the window of the barracks.
>Outside is a bright mix of red and orange, with a tinge of yellow.
>The sun slowly rises from the ground, past the horizon.
"If only I could move stars with my mind."
>If you were honest, you were jealous of Celestia's ability to move the sun.
>But that didn't matter.
>Because you had something she never would.
>A goddamn Flying Titanium Warmachine.
>Speaking of which, today is the day.
>The day of your first test run since arriving at the Merryweather Military base, which was a week ago.
>After a week of sitting around waiting and the eternal frustration of nobody understanding how the Combustion chambers work, the Thunderbolt will finally be back to it's full glory.
>Or atleast, should be.
>You do not want to explain the Combustion chambers again.
>And so you break from your trance, put on your jacket, and get to the hangar.

>It's been a long time since you've had a morning run.
>Run as in, flying an aircraft.
>Using your legs for anything other than walking is for plebs.
>Real men fly.
>As you approach the hangar, the doors can be seen wide open, further revealing the Titanium Titan inside.
>And in pristine condition.
>Turbines repaired, extraneous rivets removed, and the landing gear doesn't look like a redneck built it.
>You walk in, only to be greeted by almost 2 dozen ponies in military gear, and upon entering, they all salute.
"What's the status on the jet?"
>You inquire.
>You wanted to know if it truly was in perfect condition.
>"It's at 100% operating capacity."
>Warfield says, standing in flawless form next to the jet.
>"Or at least it should be, if I'm reading this diagram right..."
>On of the engineers says, sitting on the left wing.
>"I can assure you it's in the best possible condition."
>Warfield says, looking back at the engineer with disappointment.
>>
File: ENGINEER.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ENGINEER.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>27712310
GOD DAMNIT ENGINEER!
>>
>>27712310
"Well, if there are no objections, I suggest we get this bird flying."
>Twilight, who was looking at one of the jet engine diagrams, looks up with excitement.
>"Yeah! Let's see if it functions properly!"
>This slightly scares you.
"Yeah. Let's do that."
>You feel like you're forgetting something.
"Oh, I almost forgot."
>You grab a small DIY radio out of your pocket, and hand it to Twilight.
"This is a radio I cooked up. It'll allow us to communicate while I fly.
>Twilight levitates the strange looking device with her magic, examining it.
>"How does it work? Do I just press the button?"
"Yes. Just press it when you want to talk."
>Twilight, although still slightly perplexed, nods and let's you go about your business.
>You put on the helmet and the rest of your gear, and climb into the Thunderbolt.
>As you flip the necessary switches, the displays and lights burst to life.
>The fuel gauge reads 100%.
>All other systems nominal.
>Perfect.
>You rev up the engines, and taxi the plane out to the runway.
>The sun has risen a bit more, and now the sky is blue, with a hint of yellow.
"Hey Twilight, you hearing me?"
>After several seconds, she responds.
>"Uh, Yes."
"Good. I'm going to take off now."
>As the engines roar, you pull the throttle slowly forwards.
>The jet is now accelerating quite quickly.
>And with one swift pull of the control handle, the whole plane lifts into the air.
>And you look down, sailing over the many ponies watching you.
>And then you look up, and hear the low rumble of the wind passing over you, and the faint vibrations of the engines, screeching like eagles.
>It was glorious.
"Hey Twilight, can you ask Warfield if there's anything I can shoot?"
>"What? Shoot?"
"You know... Blast? Destroy? EXTERMINATE?"
>"Uh, I'll ask."
>Goddammit.
>Your reference sailed right over her head.
>Sort of like your jet sailing over the heads of the whole base.
>Shortly afterwards, Warfield responds.
>>
>>27709638
Erect. Dong.
>>
>>27712470
>"There should be targets lined up at the eastern end of the base. But don't over do it. If those descriptions of the weapons are true, then you may be able to destroy the entire base."
"Understood."
>You turn east, and, sure enough, is a large range of targets.
>Mostly crates and extravagantly painted scarecrows.
>But you can't just gun them down.
>You need music.
>And the perfect song comes to mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
>As the song starts up, you take aim with your Gau.
>After aligning, you pull the trigger.
>BRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT
>Whole line of targets dead.
>You circle around, and repeat.
>BRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT
>Over 20 targets down.
>Now for the ultimate weapon.
>As the music blares, you fire a couple off Mavericks.
>Boom.
>Several dozen targets eviscerated.
>Get Rekt, inanimate objects.
>You heart beats a million times a second.
>You want to unload all of your munitions so badly.
>But you know that would be a bad idea.
>Just as you turn around to land, a familiar voice appears on the radio.
>"That was AMAZING!"
>It's Rainbow Dash.
"What are you doing here?"
>"I decided to enlist in the Air Force."
"It can't be that simple. Last I checked, the Military was the last job you would've wanted."
>"It was, but when I heard you were joining, I kinda wanted to join too."
"I see. You're jealous."
>"NO! I just wanted to spend more time around my friend."
"Hah. Whatever you say."
>All radio chatter stops, and after several minutes, you land and taxi your jet to the hangar.
>You hop out, still hyped up from the flight.
>As you do so, you get greeted by Twilight, Warfield and Rainbow.
>"Now that was impressive. You Humans sure know how to make some powerful munitions."
>Warfield exclaims.
>"Yeah! I wish I could fly that!"
>You give a sly smile.
>"But I'm not jealous!"
>She totally is.
"Whatever you say."
>Her face scrunches, obviously not amused.
"So. When do I run my first mission?"
>"When Celestia says you can."
>>
>>27712470
Shortest pre-flight check ever.
>>27712656
So what/how many weapons does he have loaded and in stock?
>>
>>27713093
He has 1,174 rounds for the GAU. He expended about 250-300.
He had 2 Mavericks, and still has 2 Hydra rocket pods as well as 2 Sidewinders. (For self defense.)
More bullets can be manufactured and Anon will ultimately end up using simple Fire and Forget missiles because the technology to make more Mavericks is extremely expensive.
>>
>>27713293
Also, got to go be back at around 6 PM.
>>
File: 1461264769524.png (396 KB, 603x604) Image search: [Google]
1461264769524.png
396 KB, 603x604
Couldn't a lot of these stories be solved by having anon ask AJ:

"Oi! Worst horse!"
>"Well howdy anon, how can ah hel-"
"Was I lying about all that tech?"

That easy.
>>
Anypony using Linux?!?
>>
>>27713422
I pointed this out about a dozen threads ago. We all agreed that such thing would be boring- unless Twilight sperged out (more than usual) and believed AJ was also lying. Or that Anon had done something to her.
>>
>>27708811
Ponka is fisting Dash with her head, and that's why she's making this face.
>>
>>27709575
>>”Dead. No more. Ceased to be. Expired. A late society. A stiff. Pushing up daisies. Joined the choir invisible. An ex-nation.”

Beautiful bird, that Norwegian Blue...
>>
>>27713529
Also is there any evidence in the show that AJ is a living lie detector?
>>
>>27714209
None whatsoever. That's just a lazy plot device used to make her important.
>>
>>27712656
Sorry for being late

>This both relieves and disappoints you.
>It relieves you because that's one more day of not being in danger.
>But disappointed because you really want to destroy real targets. Like, real bad.
>But in any case, it's nice to know.
"Then I guess I'll head back to my quarters."
>Warfield nods, and you begin walking back.
>You make it to your room and enter.
>You sit down on your bed, and wonder,
"Will I ever get back home?"
>This was a question you subconsciously asked every day.
>But today made you realize, what if you never get home?
>What if you're stuck here forever?
>You'd asked Twilight a long time ago about if she knew how to get you home.
>She didn't.
>Could you really handle spending the rest of your life here?
>You'll deal with it tomorrow.

Will continue tomorrow.
>>
>>27708846
Ey
>>
>>27709638
Can you update the pastebin? I've been a bit lost since the update where spike killed the titan
>>
>>27708811
>>
>>27715231
Lost as in confused, or lost as in missed a post? Because if it's the former I'd like to know where I lost you. If it's confusing then it needs to be fixed.
Line 1921

http://pastebin.com/8R51kA1N

>>27713723
Somebody got it!

>>27710590
This story is already planned out for the most part but I'll keep that in mind for my next green. It'll be an ambitious project if I go through with it, so burnout is a very real risk.
>>
>you are anon
>and curently you are having an arguement with twilot about human tec.
>''BUT ANON THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE IT NEEDS TO USE MAGIC FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO WORK''
''THE FUCK IT DOES HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME IM WRONG MY WHOLE WORLD USED THIS WITHOUT MAGIC YOU FUCKING RETARD''
>''WELL THEN YOUR WHOLE WORLD DOSE'NT KNOW HOW TECNOLGY REALLY WORKS''
>oh hell no
>this bitch can tell you you're wrong but the whole world?
>nope.gif
>''OK PROVE TO ME THIS CAN WORK WITHOUT MAGIC ANON PROVE IT''
''FINE I WILL''
>''FINE''
>this bitch fucked up now
>you take the blueprint of the engine and walk out if the freind ship catsle ™
>this bitch will tremble when your done

cont?
>>
File: Go on.gif (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Go on.gif
13 KB, 200x200
>>27716170
>>
>>27716170
uhh, less memespeak, talk like your telling a story, not making a 4chan post. something more like.
>Be anon
>At this point in time it is important that you notice that you are having a... turbulent conversation with Twilight Sparkle.
>you affectionately call her Twahlot.
>"BUT ANON! THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE"
"DON'T TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS IMPOSSIBLE WHEN YOU WIELD FUCKING MAGIC!"
>you thrust your arms out to the side.
>"YOU THINK I LIE? MY WHOLE WORLD USES TECHNOLOGY RECREATIONALLY, AS A FUCKING UPSIDE, MAGIC DOESN'T EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE!
>"THEN YOU DON'T KNOW TECHNOLOGY, YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY USING MAGIC."
>You twitch, she's obviously hit a nerve of some sort.
"OBVIOUSLY?! FUCKING- YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME!"
>"THEN PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE-"
>You don't even let her finish her sentence.
>you turn, and walk out.
>She's fucked up now.
>You check your phone.
>It's slightly grainy, but your picture of a 2-stroke engine is still on there back in college.
>She's going to tremble at the might of the engine.
>>
>>27716308
>>27716308
fucked up a line, "YOU THINK I LIE.." shouldn't be green

mah bad
>>
>>27713293
Probably better off using UGBs, they're pretty simple to make.
>>
File: EBIN.png (33 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
EBIN.png
33 KB, 300x279
>>27716308
well ok
but my memes will never stop plus im a new writefag so expect this my first few posts

>as you open the door to your house you wonder
>how the fuck are you gonna get the shit you need
>good thing its a 1960 smallblock chevy so you wont need much
>you walk into your house making a mental checklist
>you need: copper, iron or steel ,someone to cast the metal into the shape of what you need
>thatseemstobeit.jpeg
>fuck that bitch if she thought you were kidding when you said you would
>well time to go to bed

>be twiglight sparkle
>anon came into your castle talking about something called an engine whatever that is
>but then he said it worked WITHOUT magic
>you laughed in his face when he said that
>not a good idea
>he was MAD
>you argued for hours
>then he said he would buld it to show you
>yeah right as if he would
>even if he did it would'ent work
>you finish writing a letter to the princess
>time to hit the hay

more later
>>
>>27716663
>tfw your spellcheck dosent work
>>
>>27716318
its ok we all make mistakes
inb4 faggot
>>
>>27716663
in addition, make sure to read the slice yourself before you post.

pacing is everything in green, so add more filler.

rewritten with pacing, it's more like

>You walk to your house, allowing yourself to calm down.
>The walk to your house allows you to think.
>How the fuck are you gonna build an engine?
>Cast iron? you need gaskets? rubber, You've seen rubber around here.
>Rght, let's make a mental checklist, shall we?
>Uhh, copper, going to need that, probably.
>Need some iron, and a way to cast it.
>Fuck, how does one make a cast?
>Making a mold?
>Maybe twilight has a book?
>Oh, right.

like that.
>>
>>27716677
>>27716690
in additon, capitalise the beggining of every line and remember mentally your punctuation.
>Y-you... You must learn to fucking look professional, you degenerate.
instead of
>you must learn to fucking look professional you degenerate
>>
>>27708846
I have no idea where any stories are standing right now. I've been out for about a month and a half due to health.

I can say that while Star Wars isn't my cup of tea in such a way I knew exactly what everything was you were mentioning in your story, I was just lurking and enjoyed what I read.
>>
File: nigger what.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
nigger what.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>>27716715
nigger what the fuck are you doing
if that faggot uses incorrect punctuation let him
most writefags when they start they have no fucking idea what their doing and yes they should be told when they fuck up but damn hes most likely only posted 1 to 2 sentences in one post so give the writefag a break

and you faggots wonder why we dont get new writefags
>But m-muh grammer and puncuatin
noone gives a fuck
>>
>>27716690
>>27716715

thanks for the tips ill try to make my work better

>day 1
>You wake up get dressed do the triple s and get to work
>First you'll need to get the iron as you're gonna use a lot of it
>but you dont have the cash to get what you need but then you get an idea
>sunbutt
>they would have that kind of stuff right?
>you grab a piece of paper and start writing
>its simple but should grab her attention
''dear princess clestia i have an idea that might change the world but i need miterials ''
~anon
>as you seal the paper with a wax stamp of a butt
>you wonder how you are going to get this letter to her in time
>well you do have until you die to get it finished so you send it through the mail

3 days later

>your eating some nuts not those kind you fag you hear your mailbox open then close
>awwwww yeeeeeaaaahhh mail time bitches
>you open your door and run to your mailbox with the speed of usain bolt to get this mail
>its a letter from princess celery
>good.png
>you open the letter and read
>''My dearest anonymous i trust you and your ieas and would love to hear it in person if it is usible for my subjects then you will have access to whatever you need there is a train ticket at the bottom of this letter safe travels,
clestia
>>
File: spag.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spag.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>27717468
>well no time like the present
>You're walking down the platform and board the train
>Your sitting on the train when you hear a loud pop right next to you
>looking over to your left you see discord
>''Anon you didn't tell me that you were going to see the princess''
''why do you you care?''
>''well i thought this would be fun plus i hate twilight when she rubs her magic in ponys faces its rude you know?''
''ok ? but you have magic yourself so why are you complaining?''
>his voice take a somewhat heartbroken tone
>''well i know how you feel they don't want their sacred magic tainted by your worlds tec i mean they encased me in STONE because i hurt their widdle feelings''
'' i thought you fucked up their world or something''
>''well that and i called them names i think it was mostly the names though''
>riiight
>''plus i got what no other pony will ever have''
>his voice takes on a tone of wonder
''whats that?''
>as if expecting those very words he says
"i have hands anonymous''
>he holds up his ten digits and wiggles them at you
''no shit sherlock so what your saying you're going to help me?''
>''no shit sherlock''
>you cheeky fuck
>using your own words against you
''why?''
>''isn't it obvious i want to rub your technolgy in twilights face ooooh just imagine the look she'll have it makes me giddy just thinking about it''
>wow, that's only something YOU would say
>''well were here come on anonymous lets get you that stuff
''wait cant you magic the stuff i need?''
>'' yes yes i can but if i did that would be cheating''
> oh, right

holy shit im tired ill have more when i wake up
>>
File: fuck.jpg (242 KB, 834x1936) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
242 KB, 834x1936
>>27717790
>mfw i didn't put my name on
>>
>>27717381
At least they're trying to help him to make his work less cringe-worthy. You're just lurking by not caring about quality. The only difference between prose and greentext is paragraph structure, not sentence structure.

It's not bad to be changed by advice. I was the fag who attempted a Druid Anon story- and went on hiatus and got distracted because both I and other fags figured out that my story went in the wrong direction.
No one told me to give up; no one told me to kill myself either. This thread is friendlier than you think it is.
>>
>>27718275
wew lad
w
e
w

l
a
d

i think thats the nicest thing ive heard on this board
>tfw you were a /b/tard
>tfw all /b/tards are white knights or faggots
>tfw
>>
>>27717790
>You are anon
>And you fucking hate stairs
>If this place was so magical why didn't they have moving stairs like the escalators on earth
>Pony logic ftw
>And this place is on a fucking mountain like tf
>As you reach the last stair you see some big ass doors
''how the fuck am i gonna open these big ass doors?''
''and where are the guards?''

>''Dont worry anon all you need is mag-oh right hold on i got this''
>he snaps and the doors open like nothing
>stupid magic one upping you constantly
>shit sucks yo
>you walk in and yup there she is sitting right where you expected her to be
>''oh come ON really? their here too??!!?''
>fuck
>looks like sunbutt invited the whole gang
>yay
>''oh their he is now twilight i told you he wanted to share his idea with us''
>''why is discord with him though?''
>''cause i wanted to see your face when he wins''
>wow thats cold as fuck
>you try to keep your cool as you walk to the throne
>''now what is the idea you wanted to tell us hmm?''
''well its not really an idea more of a diagram''
>twilights eyes widen
>''BUT IT WO-''
>a large zipper appears over her mouth
>'' ah ah ahh twilight no spoilers''
>''discord let twilight talk''
>''no shes gonna ruin the surprise''
>''is she?''
>yes
''yes''
>*sigh* ''twilight are you going to ruin anons surprise?''
>she shakes her head no
>sunbutt looks at discord
>''see?''
>he glares a twilight ''fine''
>*snap*
>''now anon what were you saying before we were interrupted?'' clestia says looking at twilight and discord
''well i was saying that i had a diagram of what my species called an engine''
>you open the case you had with you and hand her the diagram
>she looks it over and after a few minutes rolls it up and gives it back
>''what does it do?''
>''well it uses a refined type of oil called gasoline
and genrates power an-''
>'' BUT IT CANT WORK WITHOUT MAG-''
>''TWILIGHT SPARKLE how dare you interrupt anonymous TWICE..leave''
>''bu-but i did''
>''I SAID LEAVE
>>
>>27718743
i know im missing some of " < those but i hit character limit so i cant fix it even if i wanted too
>>
>>27718743
and i have a pastebin aswell
>>
>>27717267
He's talking about his new story, >>27708980
>>
>>27718796
Link?
>>
>>
File: 1459801018374.png (1 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1459801018374.png
1 MB, 3000x3000
>>
So someone asked about a Battletech based story a while ago
I'm interested in giving it a go, though I'm not exactly skilled at writing prose style greentext. More an ideas / overarching plot writer.
Thing is, the rough plan I have (jumpship accident, crash on Equestria, only one survivor, the Princess basically treats him as a diplomat and the ship as foreign soil) isn't much different to Article 2. Still figuring out a good direction the story could go without just copying that fic

Alternatively, I had an idea to use the Honorverse, though it'd likely be a lot slower, more talky, and break off from the 'lone Anon' standard and have a bunch of named humans.

If anyone has any thoughts on these, and what should result from them (I was thinking explain tech, computers and fusion reactors for BT, gravity manipulation and medtech for HH -> explain interaction with magic -> see results of fusion) let me know. I will have time to bash together a first set of posts in the next few days
>>
>>27723246
Multiple humans sounds neat, no idea what battletech is
>>
>You were doing the dishes when a knock gently echoes on the door to the farmhouse
>you put down the dishrag and trot to the front door
"Ah'm comin, Ah'm comin!"
>that means you must be AppleJack, howdy horse extroadinaire
>you open the door to find the resident alien Anonymous standing on the doormat
>and boy howdy does he look frazzled
"Well hey, Anon. What brings you 'round here at this hour?"
>Celestia was just about to lower the sun
>Anon just looks at you and sighs
>you've heard that sigh before, many times.
"Twilight?"
>"Twilight."
>you step back from the door and beckon
"Well, come on in then. We just finished dinner but I think we've got some pie in the icebox."
>"Thanks, AJ."
>Anon half-stumbles, half-shambles into the house
>you grimace
>Twilight must have put him through the wringer this time
"We might have a bottle of some of our special cider. Looks like you need it."
>Anon manages to crack a smile
>"I think I'd like that."

>You are Twilight Sparkle
>and your plan is working perfectly
>after studying Anon's patterns and frequent locations, you came up with an ingenious scheme
>after bugging him about "transistors" and "microelectronics" for three hours, you finally managed to get him to flee to Sweet Apple Acres
>He scuttled off the first two times you bothered him about human electronics
>and both times he didn't come back until noon the next day
>which gives you plenty of time to enact your scheme
>>
>>27723301

>carefully you pick the lock on his bedroom door
>carefully you push it open, eyes darting left and right
>no booby traps
>the dumb colt leaves his wares unguarded?
>for shame!
>you slink across the floor, picking your way through discarded socks(!)
>until you reach your goal
>slowly, for dramatic effect, you peer up onto his table
>and there it is
>anon's "computer"
>you've seen him use it before
>flickering books, moving pictures, wonderful music through this mysterious contraption
>Anon insists it isn't magic
>and after getting to examine it, he's right
>your horn doesn't detect any other magic sources
>but that can wait
>because for now, it's just you, and the box
>first you have to figure out how to activate it

>"I...I just don't know, AJ."
>Once again you are Applehorse
>and poor Anon is once again using your couch for therapy reasons
"Aw, come on now, Sugarcube. I keep tellin' ya, she's just curious, is all."
>Anon heaves another sigh and takes another swig of his cider
>"But it's all she talks about! 'How does this work, how does that work, what is the human definition of pi?' It's driving me nuts, AJ!"
>Anon flops over and stares at you
>"She wanted to know about how a microchip was made. A microchip! AJ, I don't make these things, I can't explain them, but she doesn't listen!"
>you sigh as well
"That's Twilight. Always wantin' to know every little detail."
>you trot over and lay a hoof on his side
"Look, sugarcube, I know she can be... intense, but she just wants to know. That's what she -does.- I bet that if she didn't have Spike around then she'd forget eatin' and sleepin' just to read every book she can get her hooves on."
"And you... well, I'd admit I was just as surprised when you showed us that movin' picture of those two humans flyin'. An' the books you got in that tiny little bookshelf of yours is stuffed with things that us ponies never knew about, or even considered."
>>
>>27723309

>you stifle a giggle as a thought comes up
"Did you know that after that moving picture of that little flyin' machine, Rainbow's tryin' to build one of them little fan gadgets?"
>Anon just raises an eyebrow.
"Look, I'm sayin' that you're chock full o' new things, and I'd be -more- surprised if Twilight hadn't tried to tear apart your fancy doohickeys. But on my element, I know she means well."
>Anon just heaves another sigh, but his expression softens
>seizing the initiative, you clamber onto the couch and snuggle up against him
"Now, how 'bout you show me that movin' picture 'bout ancient human apple pie?"
>"Again, AJ?"
>you smile that little smile he likes
"Again."
>Anon can't help but return the grin as he pulls out that little white slate of his

>You are Twilight
>and you are getting <spoiler>peeved</spoiler>
>so first the computer tries to blind you
>then it takes forever to get somewhere
>and now you're here
USERNAME: ______________
PASSWORD: ______________
>you realize that you have miscalculated
>You didn't think Anon would booby-trap the devices themselves
>but he did
>and now you're stuck on that screen
>the wealth of information, of art, of culture and innovation
>locked behind that little white box
>that little blinking line is mocking you
>that stupid little-
>no
>no
>you're a princess
>you can solve this
>you just have to figue out what the little blinking line wants
>cautiously you prod the plastic board of letters

>after ten, twenty, how-many-you-lost-count tries, the little blinking line continues to mock you
>you feel your frustration peeking
>if you weren't concerned about making sure you weren't detected, you would have just ripped the computer from his desk
>but if Anon found out, he'd never talk to you again
>-honestly him finding out you wee doing this in the first place would cause him not to talk to you-
>BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT
>WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, LITTLE WHITE LINE?!?!
>>
>>27723320

>you slam your head onto the desk, which was a bad idea
>pain shoots through your forehead as your vision swims around
>suddenly you lock eyes on something
>a little yellow piece of paper stuck on the wall
USERNAME: STICKSHINE6
PASSWORD: PASSWORD
>incredulously, you tap in the words into the boxes
WELCOME!
>the little line vanishes and a spinning circle takes its place
>you...
>you did it
>YOU BUCKING DID IT!
>ALL THE WONDERS OF HUMANITY, NOW AT YOUR HOOFTIPS
>NOTHING IS GONNA STOP YOU NOW-

>the screen comes to the desktop
>there are no icons
>no files
>not even a start bar
>the only thing visible is the background wallpaper
>the wallpaper being a black background with one line of white text front and center
Nice Try, Twilight.

>You are Anonymous
>you were watching downloaded episodes of "The Joy of Apples" when a distant noise filters through to your ears
"AJ, did you hear that?"
>"hm?"
>Applejack is engrossed with the host making homestyle Double-Turn Upside-Down Apple Fritters
>"Hear what, Anon?"
"It sounded like a scream."
>"Hm. Didn't hear nothin'. Musta been some critter in the Everfree makin' a fuss again."
"Maybe."
>Applejack snuggles in closer as she mentally counts the ingredients
>you've seen this recipe a couple of times, but it was nice to just sit down with a pony that didn't ask you what kind of rock your tablet was made of
>such is life in password-guarded Equestria.
>>
>>27723320

oh fuck i messed up the spoiler tags

brb committing seppuku
>>
File: 1464144417911.jpg (573 KB, 782x909) Image search: [Google]
1464144417911.jpg
573 KB, 782x909
>>27723293
It's what Mechwarrior is based on
Giant robots that use 1980 level tech but futuristic (like how Fallout treats their 1950 tech) and some actual future tech like cold fusion and FTL jump drives
The big thing is humanity didn't go smaller for electronics, they went tougher. So a command console used to run an army has less processing power than an Apple 2, but will work for 200 years with minor repairs and can withstand getting shot by things that would reduce a human to red mist. Though such weapons are on the 'tiny' size compared to Battlemech weaponry
>>
>>27723246
Sounds a bit like Falling Stars, but less edgy.
>>
>>27723413
I tried reading that years ago. It's not great. The problem is always if you have access to walking tanks, they become the answer to everything.

The Thessalonica Legacy was a better fic, more emphasis on characters and culture conflict. That and Article 2 are my baseline for not writing something autism inducing or incarnate
>>
File: yes.gif (682 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
682 KB, 320x240
>>27723327
That was pretty damn good
>>
File: Anon.png (32 KB, 372x286) Image search: [Google]
Anon.png
32 KB, 372x286
>>27723301
>>27723309
>>27723320
>>27723327
Good green
>>
File: medium.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
>>27723354
>>
>>27723464
Yeah, it only updates like once a year and has turned into a mess better sorted with nukes than mechs.
>>
>>27719494
http://pastebin.com/4mBTwLuN

there you go :^)
>>
>>27725707
thank you
>>
>>27709638
Another one bites the dust
>>
>"Pinkie P[13], the radio signal came from over here, I'm sure of it!"
>A strange, plastic-ey whirring noise fills your ears.
>You've only ever heard that noise in certain Youtube videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNZPRsrwumQ - those Dog robots.
>"I have heat signatures! Not isolated around a power source - it's spread throughout the entire body."
>>"O-oh, no! I-is it malfunctioning, Twilight? I-I d-don't know if I have enough p-parts to care for it..."
>>>"Heck, Flutterpi, if'fin this here 'bot is leakin' as bad as Twi says she be, then it'll be up ter us tuh shut it down."
>"APP-Jack! I'm sure it won't come to that."
>>>>"Ooh! What if it's one of those big ol' nasty productions from the Everfree factory? It's been awhile since I broke out the ol' hydraulic hooves!"
>"Rainbow D.a.S.H, that's enough. It could be lost and getting error messages, so don't set your default danger response to violence. I - Oh! There it is!"
>Six four-legged creatures crest over the hill with jerky, unnatural movements.
>They're all made of metal - the sun glinting off of their chassi makes this obvious -, and thick metal tubes criss-cross over them like a crash cage.
>Apart from what appears to be a head on top of a neck, you can't make out any other details; they're too far away.
>"Hello!"
>Oh Christ, they speak.
>"Please stay right there!"
>...or rather, the people CONTROLLING them can speak, and you're being a stupid idiot-moron.
>Jesus, what did you DO last night?
>Awkwardly trotting down the hill (several of them nearly tripping), the six machines meander over to your location.
>>
>>27727362
OK You have my curiosity
>>
>>27727362
>>27727450
>Now that they're close to you, you're able to make out a few more details.
>The biggest and most obvious detail are their colours.
>One is a dark purple; another is bright blue; one is pink; one is yellow; one is a nice shade of orange; and the final one is either white, or her chassis has been bleached in the sun.
>The second most obvious detail are their heads and necks.
>The neck looks like it would be more at home on a crane. It's long and has only three joints.
>Their long necks have wires draping around them loosely, making you wonder if these things are starting to break down.
>...but they could just as easily be so that there's a bit of slack for when they move their heads around.
>What do you know? You don't into robotics.

>This is alarming development, to say the least.
>You aren't particularly happy with a bunch of cutting-edge robots advancing on your position, so you do what you do best: fuck up.
>You try to take a few steps back, but you panic, trip, and then fall onto your back.
>Two points of purple light (right where its eyes should be) blink in time with its speech.
>When it talks, its jaw doesn't move - there's a short line of LEDs in place of a mouth.
>"Wait! Please do not be alarmed! We are the six elements of the Harmony[bot] array! We are not here to hurt you."
>Bullshit lies.
>But you'll play along for now.
>The purple one's eyes flash three times, and something on its body emits a loud tone that hurts your ears.
>The other five robots stop shifting and trotting in place - they freeze.
>The pink one still had two legs in the air and, with painful slowness, falls over sideways.
>None of the creatures respond to the loud clatter.
>The purple one walks forward, giving you a better look at it.
>>
>>27727513
>Where its eyes would normally be on an organic creature, there are two cameras with the lenses tinted a pleasant shade of purple.
>Each of these robot's heads have what appears to be glass-fibre cables hanging down to form a weird, floppy mohawk.
>The colour scheme of their... hair.... matches their paint-job... for the most part.
>Purple-robot has a darker-purple mohawk with lighter purple highlights. Each fibre is just about the same length, giving you the impression that they're purely cosmetic.
>Whoever built these things must have had a lot of time on their hands if they reached the point where all they had left to do was to make their robots look pretty.
>A loud click startles you out of your observations - a small hole appears to have opened in the middle of the purple robot's forehead.
>An antenna, rusty and slightly bent, emerges from the tiny hole....
>...but it gets stuck half way through and starts making unpleasant whirrs and clicks.
>"Oh, damn!"
>Without a jaw to open or close,
>The purple robot rotates the closest ear a few times until the stiff appendage smacks into the uncooperative antenna.
>A few awkward impacts are all it takes for the antenna to un-stick and continue its journey out of the robot's skull
>>
>>27727534
Sorry for the ">>>>>"s. If I continue this past the first chapter I'll think of a better system to address the pony-bots.

>Whoever designed these things is fucking weird.
>"SCANNING IN PROCESS" it announces, its voice (decidedly female before now) taking on a dry and mechanical tone.
>You guess it's female?
>Or something?
>Whatever; you'll settle for that.
>The purple robot makes "eye" contact with you and freezes in place.
>The two cameras in her skull focus and defocus as the head (which is the only moving part on her right now) pivots up and down to get a full-body scan of you.
>"SCAN COMPLETE. RESULTS: INCONCLUSIVE."
>With a hydraulic hiss, the purple robot relaxes her joints and trots in place.
>"Ooh... I hate doing scans.... my servos lock up like you wouldn't believe!"
>The robot blinks at you, a contemplative look on her face - or, as contemplative as its body-language can convey.
>"Excuse me, but what are you? The only metals I can see in you are in trace amounts, suspended in fluid. Who is your manufacturer?"
>This has gone on for long enough.
"Alright, alright," you sigh, crossing your arms and doing your best to look bemused.
"Joke's over. You guys can come out now."
>The robot tilts her head like a curious puppy.
>"Girls? Come take a look at this."
>The other five robots unfreeze and walk over to you.
>...well, FOUR of them walk over; the pink one on the ground kicks her widdle legs a bunch until she can shifts her weight enough to roll over.
>THEN she walks over to you.
>"I repeat: who is your manufacturer."
>The pink one trots up to you and "sniffs" at your leg.
>Feeling a little nervous, you take another step backward.
"I don't know; my parents?"
>You start looking around the trees for hidden cameras.
>If you're part of a "Just For Laughs: Gags" skit, you're going to flip your shit.
"Seriously though, you can come out now. These things are really neat, but you're starting to creep me out."
>>>>>"What's THAT supposed to mean?!"
>>
>>27727669
>The blue one flies - FLIES?!
"Holy shit!"
>You stumble backwards and fall down, desperately pushing yourself away as the FLYING ROBOT gets all up in your grill.
>Her eyes - tinted a deep red - do that focus/unfocus scanning thing that the purple one just finished dong.
>>>>>"I don't like this bot, Twi!"
>Her head whips around (independant of her body, you note) to face the purple one, giving you a face-full of rainbow-coloured glass-fibre cables.
>Stings like a bitch, yo.
>The blue robot's head completes its 360 degree spin and eyes you up menacingly.
>>>>>"I'm not picking up any kind radio frequencies from it. Are you sure your horn is still any good?"
>The purple one stomps over to the blue one and pokes her in her caged chest.
>"Yes, Rainbow D.a.S.H. My scanning is accurate to within 0.025 millimeters!"
>In the time it takes for the two robots to argue, the yellow one has taken it upon herself to try and approach you.
>Her hair made of light-pink cables. They look like they were once a darker colour, but they've been bleached in the sun.
>Her body paint seems a bit washed out too; whoever built this thing must leave it outside a lot.
>>"H-hello, little one. Are you malfunctioning?"
>You respond in the most eloquent way you know how.
"Wh-what?"
>Nailed it.
>The yellow robot reaches out and pats you on the knee with surprising gentleness.
>>"My personal informal designation is Flutterpi. What's yours?"
"It's.... it's Anon."
>Flutterpi's mouth-area has an array of LEDs - 5 by 9.
>A bunch of them light up to form a U shape... or a smile, you suppose.
>>"I-it's nice to m-meet you, Anon."
>With a jolt, her voice takes on the same awful mechanical tone that the purple one did.
>>"REPEATING QUERY"
>And then it's back to normal.
>>"A-are you malfunctioning, Anon? I know a l-lot about ponybots, a-and I might b-be able to help..."
>She looks back and her friends and shrinks in on herself.
>>"I-if you'll l-let me, that is..."
>>
>>27726058
no problem friend

>wew
>Troll.exe wants to load [Y/N]
>[Y]
"No wait let her talk for a minute i want to hear what she has to say"
>"alright"
>"twilight, you may speak"
>"well all i wanted to say was that it CAN'T work without some form of magic its impossible"
>"How do you know twilight maybe this 'engine'
is a form of human magic you don't know"
>"well me and anon have to get to work soon so can we use the things we need or not?"
>"oh,right of course you can i will see to it as fast as i can and we can get the...what do you need to make one of these anyway?''
>oh come the fuck on
>you said this 17 times already goddamn
''I need 700 pounds of iron, 20 pounds of copper,
crude oil to make gas and a blacksmith"
>"Thats it?''
"Yup thats it"
>"alright but i have one question"
"shoot"
>"what is 'iron'
>you deadpan
>of all the weird shit they have they don't have IRON?!?!?!
>well shit
"fucking shit, ok new plan"
>"is iron something important?"
>yes
"yes"
>its literally the core component of the engine
>wait.. maybe its called something diffrent
"ya know iron hard, shiny and grey"
>"no not ringing any bells could silver be used in its place?"
>no
>it would warp and shit
"no i need something that can resist heat ..like a lot of heat"
>"SEE I TOLD YOU YOU IT USED MAGIC"
"shut the fuck up twilight and you can shove your magic up your ass"
>SHOTS FIRED
>"well we could get you platinum would that work?"
>you really dont know on this one
>fuck

sorry for the wait guys i just woke up ......again
>>
File: when the weed hits too hard.jpg (46 KB, 581x446) Image search: [Google]
when the weed hits too hard.jpg
46 KB, 581x446
>>27727945
>mfw
well time to kms
goodnight im done im so fucking done
>>
File: 1461262606293.jpg (103 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
1461262606293.jpg
103 KB, 500x715
>>27727945
>>27727958

nice spoilers

no worries it happens to the best of us
>>
>>27716006
Whatever you do, please update your pastebin! I just hopped into these threads a little bit ago and there's a sizeable gap
>>
>>27716006
>More Steel Sanctuary
YES please keep going sempai
>>
page 8 not gr8
>>
>>27715128
Sorry for not writing yesterday. Wasn't really feeling motivated.

>Next day.
>Literally nothing out of the ordinary happens in the morning.
>Pretty much the same as yesterday.
>With this revelation, you decide to leave and probably do what you're going to do tomorrow.
>Which is more goddamn lessons about how the Thunderbolt works, and how to make more of it's components.
>This time it was the electrical systems.
>You felt more like a school teacher rather than a Pilot.
>And you got bored of being a teacher real fast.
>And as jaunt over to the factory, you are intercepted by Warfield.
>"Sir. I have important news."
"What is it?"
>You say, still drowsy and not in the mood.
>"Turns out the enemy is advancing quite fast along the southern front, and you have been ordered to take them out."
"Alright, let me just-"
>You shut down BrainOS and reboot it.
"Really?"
>"Affirmative. It would be best if you get set up for flight immediately."
>Fuck!
>You weren't prepared for this!
>You forgot to make coffee this morning.
>But you need to do what you need to do.
>You sprint over to the hangar, and get ready to go.
>As you do so, you notice the whole base is on high alert.
>Ponies every which way rushing to their stations.
>The maintenance and repair crews hide in any available building.
>But, why?
>It was only the southern front-
>Damn.
>You just realized, during your "orientation" you were told about the major fronts.
>And how the southern front was the closest one to the base, being only 16 miles away.
>Well, fuck. Now you can see the urgency.
>But before jumping in to the jet and going in guns blazing, you ask Warfield about the "Mission Parameters".
"Am I in a squad, or am I going alone?"
>"Squad. You'll be the squad leader, and there'll be 5 total squad members, including you."
>You look over to a set of pegasi equipped with body armor and what appear to be small bombs, with Rainbow Dash among them.
>>
>>27728722
>"You aren't seriously sending Rainbow to war, after only being enlisted since yesterday?"
>Warfield doesn't seem concerned at all.
>"Well, yes. Although she isn't properly trained, she is an above average flyer,"
>Above average?
>She can break the sound barrier with nothing but wing propulsion.
>"And has a powerful sense of self preservation. She's also the Element of Loyalty, so she won't disobey your orders."
"Okay. What's the name of the squad I'm in?"
>"The Knights. They're the best team we have."
"Alright. Do they all have radios?"
>"Affirmative."
"Okay. No more questions."
>You get into the jet, and do a more in depth pre-flight check than yesterday.
>After you're done, you check the radio.
"Hey. You guys read me?"
>"Yes, Sir.'
>They all reply.
"Rainbow?"
>"Here."
"Knight 2?"
>"Here."
"Knight 3?"
>"Here."
"And Knight 4?"
>"Also here."
"Good. Let's move out."
>You rev up the engines, and roll on out to the runway.
>While being followed by your squad, you take off effortlessly from the ground.
>>
>>27728731
>You start turning around, and start flying south.
"It's going to be about 10 minutes til we get within visual range."
>"Understood."

>You fly for 10 minutes, and sure enough, you can see the front now.
>Sweet Jesus.
>You knew it would be bad, but this is a whole level you weren't expecting.
>Ponies on your side hide in trenches, firing magic and cannons, while other ponies fight in close quarters above the trenches.
>The enemy ponies also fire cannons and magic, but are seriously doing damage.
>Bodies lay the ground, some maybe still alive, others...
>You don't want to think about it.
>The whole thing reminds you of World War 1, with the trench warfare and cannon fire.
>Except the enemy has the air advantage.
>Their pegasi pound the ground with bombs relentlessly.
>It's time to change that.
"Alright, when I start firing, you all split off and start bombing nearby targets. You do know how to drop the bombs, right Rainbow?"
>"Yeah! I might not have lots of training, but I know how to do that!"
"Less talking. More bombing."
>You enter a 20 degree dive, and aim at your target.
>A large, tank like vehicle armed with Cannons and unicorns.
>After aligning, that glorious "BRRRRTTTTTT" sound brings about their demise.
>The hail of death impacts, and tears them apart.
>Everybody looks up, and sees you.
>The friendlies start cheering, but the enemy screams in terror.
>Right before pulling up, you fire off one of the rocket pods.
>Several infantrymen die as the blasts rip them apart.
>You pull up, and look back to see your squad bombing other squads of infantry.
"Good work. I'm going to go for another pass."
>As you go for another pass, you suddenly experience a bright flash of light, and an intense rumbling.
>After it all ends, you look out to your right and see most of your right wing missing.
"Fuck!"
>"What? Are you okay?!"
>Rainbow asks frantically.
"My most of my wing is gone!"
>What's left begins to slowly flake off, as the stub burns.
>>
>>27728882
>"Can you still fly?"
"Yeah. This thing was built to take hits."
>Although flying is going to be a lot harder.
>Not only that, but you lost your other rocket pod.
>Your other wing only has Sidewinders.
>But that may not be a problem, as you see a squad of pegasi heading your way.
>Target them and fire off a Sidewinder, which flies off and eviscerates them.
"Not today, bastards."
>The jet now wants to roll right constantly, but you keep it under control.
"Alright, I'm going for a pass on-"
>As you make a turn, you notice, they're all running away.
>They are fleeing as fast as is possible.
>"I think we defeated them!"
>Knight 3 says.
"Well,"
>You fly back over head of the friendlies, and see they're all cheering.
"I suppose we did."
>"Should we go back to base now?"
>Knight 2 inquires.
"Yeah. Need to get this repaired."
>And so, watching everybody below you celebrate just being alive, you fly back to base, leaving a trail of smoke and dust.

>Upon landing, the jet is surrounded by repair crews.
>When you exit, Warfield greets you.
>"That was some fine work, Anonymous. You scared them right back to their huts."
>She salutes you.
"Thank you. But, as you may have noticed,"
>You gesture to the missing wing.
"I took some damage."
>"Yes, I saw. Don't worry, we'll have that repaired in a few days."
>Days?
>You need to invent better machinery for them.
"Alright then. I'll be at my quarters resting."
>"Understood, Sir."
>She salutes you again.
>And even though you don't need to, you do so back.

That's all for today.
>>
>>27729008
Days seem pretty quick for them to repair at first glance considering the difference in tech levels, although I guess magic would help equalize things plus Anon could help them understand anything that might confuse them.
>>
>>27729209
That's kinda what I was going for.
>>
>>27727759
Noone responded to you, so I will.

I like it. Although I do wish you would attempt to get around the need for the extra >>>'s when dictating who is talking. It is easier, but the story can flow so much better if you attempt to work in the speaker with cues rather than the bluntness of a script style.
>>
>>27727759
more
>>
>>
>>27730643
WANANANANANANA
6 million dollar man.
>>
"... -nducing a magnetic field which then makes the motor spin!"
>"Anon! I'm not a filly you know! You don't have to make up these stories to try and sound impressive!"
"For fucksake Twilight, It's science you Pleb!"
>You're one pissed off Anon.
>You've been trying to explain how electronics worked for the last 3 days.
>Everything from the phone, to an electric car.
>And she's called you a liar.
>For 3 days.
>Hell Nawh
>"Anonymous, really! There's no need to get upset. Not even a foal would believe you!"
"Twilight, I swear to god."
>"Fine! You want me to believe you? Make something then!"
"I'll do one better! I'll make a common item from my world and then you can go fuck yourself!"
>"Yeah, I bet you'd like that, wouldn't you."
"Oh I fucking know you will!"
>"Put whatever you need under my name, just don't go around spending bits willy nilly!"
>With that she storms out of the castle library.
>Oh, She can REALLY go fuck herself.
>Spike tentatively peers around the corner.
>"Jeez Anon, that sounded rough."
>Scratching the back of your head, you release the tension in your shoulders, letting them fall loosely.
"Yeah, It kinda was"
>"Is there anything I can do to help?"
>Glancing at the nearby table you think to yourself
"Grab a scroll for me and take a jot a couple things down. Gotta make a list of materials needed"
>Happy to be of some help Spike grabs a quill readies himself
"So, We'll need some form of plastic, some copper, steel, a powe-...."
>>
>>27731081

>You are Anon
>And though you're not an engineer, you've completed your project.
>Just so twilight can go fuck herself!
>It took 2 long months and going through a lot of channels to get the required materials.
>Took even longer to actually get the thing working and air tight though.
>It's kinda crude, the Motors in the device aren't the best and the power source worse but they'll last 2-3 days.
>You walk up to twilight who's sat comfortably reading a book in the map room.
"I've done it!"
>Twilight responds without even looking up from her book
>"Oh? This out to be good then, make it quick though. Daring is trapped in a room with the wall closing in"
>She slowly levitates the book onto the table and is drawn to the foreign object in your hands.
>"A stick? You've made a pink stick from plastic? That's hardly ground breaking"
"Uh-Uh, just wait. You see, this stick runs on electric using one of those impossible motors"
>You flick a switch at the base and it begins vigorously vibrating.
>It's humming is rhythmic and fast.
>Twilight goes wide eyed as you place it on the table and it begins rolling around, bouncing uncontrollably.
>"Anon, That's... That's amazing! What is it? How does it do that? What's it called?"
>You're already beaming, yet your smile widens.
"What is it? Why Twilight, this my dear girl is a Dildo. A sex toy from Earth.
>"I-it's a W-what!?"
>You lean in close to Twilight and begin whispering.
"This will last for 72 hours straight, you're welcome."
>You 360 and begin moonwalking away with the device still vibrating on her table
>As you reach the doorway Twilight calls out to you
>"What do you expect me to do with this!?"
>You stare cold and hard into her eyes, your mischief showing in your grin.
"Go fuck yourself."

>Twilight wasn't seen or heard from for 4 days.

Technology is Lewd.
>>
>>27731094
It's beautiful
>>
>>27708846
>"He's dead, Jim."
>>27731102
>>27731122
http://pastebin.com/u/DroidAnon
>>
>>27731433
As unlikely as it may be hopefully he'll be able to balance the 3 stories and return.
>>
>>27727759
"S-sure. Why not?"
>You shuffle uneasily to your feet.
"Why not... uh... introduce me to the gang?"
>You wave a hand over at the arguing robots and immediately regret that decision.
>Five heads snap over to you and track the movement of your flipping hand.
>"W-well... I, uhm.... Y-you know that m-my designation is F-Flutterpi, and.... and.... oh..."
>Flutterpi brings up a mechanical limb and roughly drags some of her "hair" wires in front of her face-cameras.
>"Hi!"
>With a burst of light and a rumble of displaced air, the bright pink one appears in front of you.
>"My name is Pinkie P[13]! Did I hear that you want a party?!"
>You take a step back and behind Flutterpi for protection.
"What? No. I asked what your names were."
>The pink robot stands before you in complete silence.
>The still neon tubes that make up her "hair" flash pink rhythmically.
>"You... asked what our parties were?"
"Name."
>"Party."
"Name!"
>"Par-"
>"E-excuse me, b-but I'm afraid y-you'll have to excuse P-Pinkie P[13]." says Flutterpi, moving in between you and the irritable pink robot, "H-her verbal processing software is really very outdated a-and she r-refuses to upgrade..."
"Okay, sure," you agree, wanting to get down to business, "So how about those names we talked about?"
>You were going to have a talk with whichever techie freak made Pinkie P[13] move so quickly back there.
>thatboyain'tright.png
>"W-well, the blue robot over th-there is Rainbow D.a.S.H..."
>The robot in question sat on its haunches and raised its forelegs with a hydraulic hiss.
>"...the orange robot is APP-Jack..."
>The robot with the nice orange coat of paint waves cheerily at you... or, as best as a quad-legged robot can, you suppose.
>Its hair appears to be straw.
>Like, actual straw. The stuff you put into a scarecrow.
>The cowboy hat perched on its head falls off from all the jostling.
>She moves to catch it, but her reflexes are a full second too slow.
>Jesus christ, take me now.
>>
>"...the white robot is .RAR-t..."
>The alabaster robot whips her head around so violently that you're momentarily afraid that she's about to send it flying off of her neck.
>After a second, you're drawn to the graceful flip her "hair" is making.
>Her hair is made up of a dark purple ribbon wire - the shit you saw in your dad's computer.
>The ends are frayed to the point where they form a curl, which appears to be what the designer was going for.
>It ends up looking surprisingly eloquent.
>Smack-dab in the centre of her forehead is an old-fashioned radio antenna; just like on the purple one.
>"Darling~"
"Fu-"
>You don't know why the fact that she could talk took you by surprise.
>"A-and finally, the p-purple robot is Twilight Sparkle."
>THAT isn't a pun.
>What the hell, guy controlling the purple robot?
"Is that your real name, Twilight Sparkle?"
>The purple robot scuffs a hoof into the dirt with a loud, mechanical whir.
>"Well, not exactly. My official designation is ALI-KERNALex000fTWi887g4-98SPR-"
>You wave a hand to interrupt her and, as you expected, she (and the rest of the robots) stop to stare at you appendage.
>The yellow one gets your attention again.
>"S-so, I don't think I've ev-ev-ev-ev.... excuse m-me... M-my voice synthesizer is a little r-r-r-rusty..."
>Taking a deep "breath", Flutterpi starts again.
>"Wh-what are you, exactly? I haven't s-seen any robot l-like you before..."
>Are these people really going to take things this far?
>Alright.
>I'll play your game, you clever rogue.
"That's because I'm not a robot," you say proudly, "I'm organic."
>Silence and blank stares meet you.
>Seriously?
>>
>>27732047
I love that these robot mane 6 have fairly advanced AIs but there bodies are kind of shitty
>>
>>27731944
Maybe. I'm liking his other stories so far though tee bee ayych.
>>
File: diamond.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
diamond.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>27732329
Life hasn't been the same since the steel mills and iron mines had been captured by Diamond BigDogs.
>>
>>27732409
Only metal life has been created on this world.
BU WHAT ABOUT METAL FOR DEATH AND DEATH METAL?

Anon on a GDR with Death Metal playing when to capture iron mines for E-questria
>>
File: hootla.jpg (25 KB, 588x448) Image search: [Google]
hootla.jpg
25 KB, 588x448
>>27731944
I agree. I would love to see more from Droid. Maybe he'll return soon?
>>
>>27732829
yeah, fuck you too.
>>
File: 1234713355556.jpg (270 KB, 854x770) Image search: [Google]
1234713355556.jpg
270 KB, 854x770
>>27733206
Dun worry, I'll write when I can. After I finish this update to my SW story expect some from me.
>>
File: 1457216794044.png (627 KB, 1169x860) Image search: [Google]
1457216794044.png
627 KB, 1169x860
>>27731094
Glorious
>>
>>27732054
go on
>>
>>27731094
This Anon knows what´s important in life.Can we have long green now?
>>
>modern warmachine green plot twist
>slavanon appears in pony-USSR with a russian nuclear sub not the one with nukes, the one that runs off nuclear reactor
>or kraut anon in Germaneigh with a U-boat
I just want me some pony-operated submarines. With brave captain Obv- Anonymous.
Too bad noone's gonna write it.
>>
>>27727945
>As far as you know platunim is good
>But its melting point is far higher than iron but you're gonna get there when you get there
"Yeah its fine but i'll need the hottest furnace you got"
>"Well as i said you can get whatever you need"
"Alright well lets go see it then"
>"Very well"
>sunbutt says as she starts walking to a pair of doors
>you and discord follow and after a little time find yourselves at a large gold door with metal vines wrapping around the frame
>neat
>clestias horn glows with magic and the doors creak open revealing a warehouse sized room with piles of silver and gold and smaller piles of copper and bronze next to them
"daaammnnnn gurl who did you kill to get THIS kinda cash"
>"several kings and a few zebras"
>wait wut
>oh-oh shit
>edgy

more soon
>>
File: Atlas Serious Business.jpg (144 KB, 1031x736) Image search: [Google]
Atlas Serious Business.jpg
144 KB, 1031x736
>>27723354
Yes please
>>
>>27734524
Explaining submarines to ponies might be harder than it seems. If Anon is unfamiliar with the systems for making oxygen and cleaning CO2 it could lead to ponies thinking of them as metal underwater death traps
>>
>>27735470
>implying they aren't metal underwater death traps
>>
>>27732054

>"Organic?"
>Flutterpie paws at the ground with a foreleg and scuffs up some grass.
>"Y-you mean like g-grass and trees?"
>She walks over to you and tries scanning you with her camera eyes (whose lenses were tinted a nice sea-green).
>"B-because you aren't m-made of grass and t-trees, Anon."
>You reach out to give her a pat on the head, but stop yourself.
>This thing costs more than you make in six months; you REALLY don't want the owner freaking out and yelling that you broke his stupid robot.
"That's because I'm made of meat."
>"M-meat?!"
>Flutterpi scuffles backwards, nearly tripping over the uneven dirt beneath her feet.
>"A-as in, organic m-muscle fibres?"
>The purple one, Twilight, jumps in front of you.
>"Did you say, organic?! Are you truly? Really?!"
>These excitable robots are starting to creep you out.
"Yes! Yes, organic. I am made entirely of meat."
>Do bones count as meat?
"Mostly meat. Bones; ligaments; tendons; and I'm pretty sure there's a nervous system or two tucked away somewhere in there."
>Twilight does a little robotic dance, leaping from her left-most legs to her right-most.
>"Oh, hooray! We've finally found one! That explains why you only had a little bit of metal in your system and why you had so much fluid inside of you!"
>Twilight leered over at Rainbow D.a.S.H and gave her what you best understand to be a smug look.
>"And you communicated over to me on a secure channel that you thought he was leaking cooling fluid."
>The cyan robot shoves the purple one away, but Twilight catches herself in a disturbingly fluid and non-mechanical manner.
>Eaugh, they're just like BigDog robots.
>"Well, what did you expect me to believe? The Everfree factory churns out TONNES of broken robots every month! What about COBOLtrice last month, or the Hexadra we had to beat the bolts out of?"
>Rainbow D.a.S.H makes a few punching gesture with her hooves, which jut forward much faster than you would expect them to.
>>
>>27736027
I'm reminded of the short story "They're Made Out of Meat" by Terry Bisson. By any chance was that an influence for your story?
>>
>>27736175
>So, sir, I can't say that it is. I'll give it a read, though.

Sorry for the sporadic nature of my posting. I'm posting green in another thread and I'm about to leave to go pick something up at the store, so I had to prioritize one thread over the other.
>>
>>27736027
>"Cutie Mark Manufacturer-Error Hunters!"
>With a shout and a flash of movement at the corners of your vision, you find yourself suddenly forced to the ground.
>"Yay!"
>You think you broke something.
>"We got him! Did'ja see it, AJ?!"
>"Oh, wow! He's even more poorly constructed than he looked from 300 metres away... Ew."
>"We knocked him over almost as fast as Rainbow D.a.S.H could!"
>Oww...
"Hnng~"
>You groan in pain and clutch your wrist to your chest, doing your best to block out the pain.
>Fuck you, you REALLY hope you didn't break anything!
>"Girls!" comes a distinctly southern-sounding voice, "Get offa him! This here critter ain't no manufacturer error that 'scaped from no factory, 'hear?!"
>Three heavy weights quickly remove themselves from your person, allowing you to roll onto your back.
>"Well... what IS he then?" asked the decidedly younger voice.
>"That thar be an organic. And y'all might just done BROKE him!"
>"An organic?!" squealed the young one again, "Here?! You mean, like the Creator?!"
>You open your eyes through the pain and squint at your assailants.
>All you can see are three small forms; smaller than the six robots you were talking to.
>Each of them had a brightly-glowing... THING in the centre of their body-mass.
>Pain overwhelms you; you pass out.
>>
Page 8? We've got at least 3 writefriends.
>>
>>27734524
"Too bad noone's gonna write it."
I'd be willing to do it.
But that would mean either finishing my current green or putting said green on hold.
Or I could be an absolute madman and try to write 2 greens at once.
>>
>>27737986
If trying to write 2 greens at once makes you an absolute madman, what does that make Droid Anon who is trying to write 3?
>>
Good news. I'm not dead. Back with more green.

>You’re sitting in your office in the Capitol Building, working on the usual tasks of giving things direction
>Someone knocks on the door, and you sit up
“Come in.”
>Minuette opens the door and trots in, immediately sitting down
>”We need to talk.”
“About what?”
>”There are more ponies applying for citizenship. A group just came in this morning.”
“How many?”
>”Two hundred.”
>You quickly look up at Minuette
>She’s not kidding
>”Apparently word of cars and telephones spread quickly. They say they sold everything to come here once they heard about the A-7.”
“So they’re the first wave.”
>”Yeah.”
“Get the railroad finished. Double the crew working on it.”
>”On it.”
>She walks out of the room and you lean back in your chair
>Five hundred immigrants have moved to Arcadia so far this year
>They’re mostly resettled, but some are still waiting on housing
>And now there are two hundred more
>>
>>27738402
>You get up and walk out of the office, take the elevator down to the lobby, get in your car, and drive over to the Lancaster Building
>You walk through the doors of the City Planning Department and are greeted by Dusty Drawing
>”Hey, Anon!”
“Hey Dusty. Everyone here?”
>”Yep!”
“Great.”
>You turn into the hallway, ducking into each pony’s rooms to tell them there will be a meeting in the conference room
>Eventually, everyone assembles, and you take a seat at the head of the table
“So today I learned that, because of a few recent inventions, that ponies are packing up and moving here faster than ever before. As in, two hundred ponies in one day fast. I created this department because Lancaster needs a way to adapt to growth, and now growth is happening faster than ever before.
“So what does that mean for us? We need to work, and we need to work hard. Those two hundred ponies started the process of immigration the minute they heard about the A-7, and that means that there will be more as word spreads and more ponies make up their minds.”
>You get up and move over to the map of Lancaster on the wall
“We need to step up our game, not just for these two hundred, but for the two hundred after that. Because I’m willing to bet on there being more ponies on their way over here as we speak.”
>You move over to the chalkboard and start writing
“Two hundred ponies at four ponies per building is fifty buildings. Fifty buildings with eight buildings per block is just over six blocks. Those are the houses we need to prepare right away. I’m sure you all remember Lancaster’s housing situation before we built the Lancaster Building.”
>>
>>27738406
>You get a few nods at that
“I don’t want that to happen again.”
>You sit back down
“The point of all this is to let you know what’s coming up in the near future. Not only do we have to prepare for the move to City Hall, but we also need to work our asses off to keep up with demand.
“I won’t stay here and lecture you. You all know what to do now. But here’s what I’ll do.”
>You get up and write the number 200 in a corner of the chalkboard
“These are all the ponies we need to find housing for. For every plan that you send to the construction crews, adjust the number accordingly. I’ll be here for the rest of the day if you need anything.”
>The room slowly empties, and you head into your office
>Your desk is cluttered, but not disastrous like you know Silverleaf’s is
>You sit down and begin your work
>It’s mostly managing construction crews and overseeing the process, but it’s hardly easy
>After a few minutes, Silverleaf enters the room
>”I’ve got a few designs that I’ve been toying around with for the past month, and now I think they could be useful. Mind taking a look?”
“Sure.”
>You make the quick journey down to her office and your suspicions are confirmed
“How do you even work in here?”
>”A friend of a friend once called it organized chaos. Anyways. These are a few sketches of buildings made up of smaller units. I think they’d be very efficient.”
“You’re right on that.”
>The apartments are just small enough to house single ponies or married couples, but not too small or too large
“I think they’ll work. Make a few more detailed drawings and we’ll go from there.”
>”Great. Thanks, Anon.”
“No problem.”
>You walk back to your office and sit down
>You see Sapphire Shine trot past the open door into the conference room
>After a few moments, she trots back, and you smile
>This is going to be fine

Small update, but more is coming soon. Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/eufFYFaw
>>
>>27738373
A man hell-bent on writing green. His mind must be shattered from all of the writing.

Plus, his stories are actually pretty good too.
>>
>>27737986
Finish your current green first, anon. It will be better this way and easier for you.
>>
>>27738373
He's writing three? At the same time?
He deserves a medal.
Or at least I think he does.

>>27738591
I guess I'll just continue my green as normal.

>>27728882
>Next day.
>These days are going by fast, ain't they?
>Thus is the life of a Pilot.
>You are currently sitting quite comfortably in your room.
>Since arriving here, you have been slowly adding more decor to the bare bones room.
>You added a picture frame, with a picture of you, a desk, a couch, and some other neat things.
>Not much interesting is happening due to the Thunderbolt being crippled.
>But I suppose it's nice to have some rest.
>As you're setting up a wall mounted lamp, you get a knock on your door.
>You put the lamp down on a nearby table, and answer the door.
"Yeah?"
>"Anonymous, you-"
"Just call me Anon."
>Warfield, the one at the door, pauses and then continues.
>"You have visitors."
>What?
"O-kay. Where are they?"
>You peer your head out the frame, and look around.
>"They're at the main entrance. We can't let them in, as this is a restricted area."
>You grunt, not wanting to walk all the way to the gate.
"Can I at least get a lift there?"
>"Of course."
>Shortly after, a wagon pulls up, and you jump in.
>After about 5 minutes, you arrive at the gate, and see something you weren't expecting.
>A quite well dressed Stallion with several guards, and a wagon of his own.
"What did you want to see me for?"
>You had no Idea who this guy was.
>"Ah, hello sir Anonymous! I wanted to make a business proposition."
>You raise an eyebrow.
>What kind of offer could this guy possibly want to make? Really your only skill was in flying.
>But to be fair, you did also have above average knowledge of Theoretical Physics.
>It's a hobby.
"What's the proposition?"
>"Why, you know that aircraft of yours? Well, I was wondering if you may be interested in selling us it's schematics. My employer would pay well."
>You stare on, with a slight bit of contempt in your eyes.
>>
>>27738645
>This guy really has the nerve to ask you to just sell what is basically Military Intel?
"No. I can't. Even If I wanted to, I couldn't."
>He frowns slightly, and then perks up as you turn to leave.
>"But, sir! We can negotiate, right?"
>You turn back, watching him through the tall chain link fence.
"I'm gonna' need more than just money to even consider it. What does your employer even want with my plane anyway?"
>"Well you see, my employer wants to start a project into making aircraft. But, development of mechanical flight has been, well... Slow."
>You can tell.
>"But! You have your... Ah, what is it?"
"It's a jet."
>"A Jet! Yes, you have a jet. If you sold it's design, my company could develop and sell aircraft for everypony!"
>He seems a little too ecstatic about it.
"Alright. What company do you work for anyway?"
>"Red Baron Industries."
>Red Baron Industries? And they want to build planes?
>Now that's a hell of a coincidence.
"How about I make a proposition. I patent the design, and your company gets 50 percent of the money produced from any product made from it. How about that?"
>He ponders the offer, unsure if it's a good decision.
>"I'll take it!"
>He reaches his hoof out through the fence.
"Deal."
>You shake his hoof, and he gets ready to leave.
>"I hope to see you at the patent office of Canterlot!"
>He then rides off.
>But unknown to him, you were planning to use the money you would make to buy out his company.
>And then you would finally be able to implement Human tech on a mass scale.
>It was a devious plan, but was for the best for everyone.

>You then turn back to the wagon and tell the ponies pulling it to take you back to your room.
>And so they did.
>After arriving back to your room, you begin seriously plotting your Master Plan to bring Equestria out of it's Age of Stagnation.
>You held the future of Scientific and Technological development in your hands.
>And no one was going to stop you.
>>
>Except then you realize that they would get 50%, so they could do the same to you.
>Dammit.
>Guess it's not the time to become the Ultimate Pioneer.
>But you could still use this to your advantage.
>You could make your own company, and since you know more about the Thunderbolt than anybody else, your company would ultimately become the one on top.
>That's the new plan.
>Guess it is time to become the Ultimate Pioneer.

Final post for today.
>>
>>27738905
If they invested their half of the money badly or fucked up somehow then you could buy them out. Just saying.
>>
>>27738905
Yeah I know. But I'm thinking about having them work with the company/organization Anon is going to make. They would build/sell the products, but Anon's company/organization develops them.
>>
>>27738929
Dammit, I replied to myself on accident. I meant to reply to >>27738929
>>
>>27738929
Really anon would just need to spend the 50% buying some of their stock, then using the money from the stock and from the patent he could buy more and more until he owns most, if not all, of the company.

Alternatively, get celestia to "nationalise" the company under anons control or give him a large amount of money for some reason such as him being willing to produce and develop human tech for pony use..
>>
>>27734662
sorry for no update family stuff but more green on the way

just not now

im too tired for this shit
>>
>>27738797
Wait. Doesn't the plane technically belong to the Equestrian Royal Air Force? He's an Equestrian Airman, and the crown has every right to commandeer it as military property.

And why did he accept his offer without even remotely considering that this "business" pony might be an enemy spy?

I'm just saying you probably rushed this development without thinking through the details.
>>
>>27739235
Technically he is working for them as an ally / mercenary depending on if celestia is paying him (arguably the replacing of the parts of his machine means she is but eh).

This is because she ask him to fight for her as a favour, therefore making him an ally but if he receives payment he could be considered a merc.
>>
>>27738409
Glad to have you back Scotty
>>
>Steampunk Anon in Equestria when
>>
>>27739235
Yeah. I just don't know where I really want this story to go, and this was what I thought of.
I could change it, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.
>>
>>27739435
that's where you'd be seeing my green head.
but i only post when the threads slow so i'm not a bother.
>>
>>27739446
>>27739440
Hey do you two have pastebins for your stories?
>>
>>27739499
http://pastebin.com/FR2sSBGT
>>
>>27739499
No, I don't. But I have been saving my story in notepad, so if I ever do make one, I'll have it ready.
>>
File: 1466830283098.png (72 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1466830283098.png
72 KB, 220x220
>>27738645
>>27738590
>>27738373
T-thanks anons...
>>
>>27739752
You're welcome, Droid.
>>
9 bump
>>
>>27738406
Hey, Fuck you, Scotttty!
>>
Bump...
>>
>>27741538
>>
>>27741690
>>
>>27739752
As long as keep writing that's all the thanks we need
>>
>>
>>27738409
Yay
>>
>>27743608
>>
>>27744855
>>
>>
apology for poor english

when were you when tack thread dies

i was sat at home writing horse letters when fred ring

'tack is die'

'no'

and you?????????????
>>
File: 1391823222353.png (81 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1391823222353.png
81 KB, 200x200
>>27746909
B8/10
>>
>>27747632
>>
I wish I could make a sub folder in my item hanger so I could more easily organize my stuff.
>>
>>27748434
What does that have to do with anything in this thread?
>>
4chan:\mlp\thread_27708811>bump
Bump thread [Y/N]
>Y
Thread bumped successfully.
4chan:\mlp\thread_27708811>
>>
>>
File: 1322245752226.jpg (5 KB, 251x163) Image search: [Google]
1322245752226.jpg
5 KB, 251x163
Bamp.
>>
File: aw shit.png (200 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
aw shit.png
200 KB, 800x600
Story coming, don't worry, you guys are next on my list.
>>
File: My day has been made.gif (3 MB, 420x363) Image search: [Google]
My day has been made.gif
3 MB, 420x363
>>27751967
Looking forward to it Droid
>>
>>27736818
>You wake up to the smell of oil and the sight of bright, florescent lights.
>"I'm detecting beta waves. Is that bad?"
>A quick glance around confirms that you are on a bed in a hospital room, surrounded by nine robots.
>Twilight perks up excitedly when she sees you moving.
>"Oh! Oh, look!"
>The other eight robots all turn their disturbing heads around to face you.
>Simultaneously.
>It's really creepy.
>Twilight trots over to you on unsteady legs.
>"Anon, are you alright? What happened to you?"
>Rainbow D.a.S.H hovers over to you on tiny jets protruding from her back.
>"Yeah. You shut down and didn't boot up again."
>She gets all up in your business, and you can feel the heat coming from her jets.
>"What gives, Anon?"
>You've had enough.
>A bunch of assholes with their fancy fucking robots have PUT YOU IN THE HOSPITAL.
>Possibly with a broken wrist.
>As a matter of fact....
>You inspect your injured wrist, expecting to find it red and swollen (and in pain, for that matter), but what you find puts your mind to rest.
>A bunch of metal struts have been taped onto your wrist and hand, immobilizing it.
>Okay, so they patched you up and brought you to the hospital.
>Why are they keeping this "we're a bunch of robots beep boop" facade up?
>>
>>27753419
>"Anon?"
>That's a voice you haven't heard before.
>Three small robots jump up onto your bed with ease and grace that the original six could never accomplish.
>They're also looking a lot more advanced than the other six.
>Instead of looking like a terrifying military robot, they look almost like domestic robots.
>Plastic plates cover all parts of them except for their joints; one of them is white (sort of .RAR-t), one of them is yellow, and the final one is orange.
>Their hair looks much better than the original six robots - it's synthetic and looks like a manufactured wig instead of odd bits of wiring.
>Not only that, but their heads and neck are a lot less clumsy and basic.
>Honestly, they look decades ahead the original six.
>But the most eye-catching feature is their chests.
>Smack-dab in the middle of each one of these tiny robots is a glowing glass dome.
>Behind it you can see a kind of coil with something spinning inside of it very quickly.
>Looks like a generator.
>"My name is Sweetie Bot!" says the first one, trotting up to you silently, "and these are my friends!"
>She points to the yellow one.
>"That's Apple Bool."
>She points to the orange one.
>"And that's Scoota-Lau! And we're...!"
>The three of them pose together, neatly navigating the folds of your bed's sheets.
>"The Cutie Mark Concatenaters!"

bluh bluh I've run out of steam with this thing. Foals are newer models that are more advanced than the Mane 6, and the two Princesses are old enough that they're coal-powered steampunk robots make out of bronze and copper.

Steampunk ponies sounds like a rad idea if anyone feels like writing about it.
>>
>>27753424
Wait does this mean you're not going to continue this? Because if so damn I was looking forward to seeing more of this
>>
>>27753419
>>27753424
that's where my story is going
>>
>>27753511
Sorry bud, but my creative juices have run dry. Hell, of anyone wants to pick it up they're welcome to.

>>27753654
I am excite to read your story.
>>
>>27753654
>>27739510
thars be muh pastebin.
>>
File: Despairs internally.jpg (67 KB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
Despairs internally.jpg
67 KB, 711x400
>>27753694
>>
File: a1.jpg (170 KB, 748x1545) Image search: [Google]
a1.jpg
170 KB, 748x1545
>>27753694
>>
File: Average 4chan user.jpg (96 KB, 674x367) Image search: [Google]
Average 4chan user.jpg
96 KB, 674x367
>>27751967
I know what I said, and I want to write for this thread. However, I didn't think it through as thoroughly as I should have, and now that I look at it, I have no idea where I can take the plot with this story. It's one of the major reasons as to why I haven't written anything besides the initial dump. Sure, Anon has the park and whatnot, but what exactly is there to do? What can I write that will excite the readers while also creating a decent story?

So, I've got a proposal.

If you guys can give me a couple ideas where to take the story, I'll write it, and make it my first priority. Sorta like a CYOA, but not quite. I just need general plot details rather than small things like 'do x' or 'talk to y'. Y'know what I mean? Sorry for not writing lately, I've just been dealing with a lot of things as of late such as other stories, finding a new job, etc etc.
>>
>>27755358
In the story it's mentioned that the park is losing money despite having quite few visitors and that a dinosaur went berserk after getting it's medicine. Maybe you could do something with this where there is someone deliberately sabotaging the park for whatever reason. You could build tension by having Anon try to figure who is responsible before the sabotages become too numerous that it could cause a jurassic park scenario.
>>
>>27755591
If Anon figures out they're being sabotaged what's to stop him from just temporarily closing the park for safety concerns?
>>
>>27755591
>It's the dragons
>Dragons are SJWs of the Equestria
>>
>>27756253
>Of the Equestria
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>27756269
I think he changed his mind on the exact wording of what he wanted to type but didn't fully delete what he originally wrote
>>
File: eOHse.jpg (98 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
eOHse.jpg
98 KB, 480x480
>>27756311
Literally exactly what I did. Fucking wizards.
>>
>>27756333
Let me guess the original wording was something like

>Dragons are SJWs of the world
>>
File: wut.jpg (42 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
42 KB, 429x410
>>27756349
>>
File: shrug.gif (775 KB, 614x654) Image search: [Google]
shrug.gif
775 KB, 614x654
>>27756366
>>27756333
I've made similar mistakes before so I know what it's like
>>
>>27756253
I'm reminded of those guys from 28 Days Later who caused the outbreak because they wanted to save some monkeys.
>>
>>27757001
>>27756253
>>27755591
Anons... you're giving me ideas... even if they're sorta 28 days later 2.0
>>
>>27757001
>>27757015
Now I'm picturing rage-virus infected dinos in equestria
>>
>>
>>27757244
Because that's just what Equestria needs... Zombie Dinosaurs
>>
>>27759880
Maybe...
>>
>>27760661
>>27759880
Now that I think about it, I can't remember any stories in anything that deals with zombie dinosaurs.
>>
>>27761043
As original as that may be, they don't necessarily have to be zombies, but rather... oh, I shouldn't say much else.
>>
>>27761200
Well either way I'm excited to see where your story goes.
>>
>>27758293
>>
Alright bitches I'm back

Here is some news

I'm gonna rewrite my story.

It will still be a CYOA but only for the big choices. Small things like pooping in the street or poo in the loo will be up to me.

It will not be ARK but instead be more like a combination of ARK, Civilization 5, The Forest, and TUG

The character you guys create will have stats and all that fun stuff and I will come up with shit for all the various stats (needs an acronym) later

The rewrite starts in 1 hour. I will have some questions to start and they will be in the next post
>>
>>27762717
Alright Question time. I am writing a scenario to help with character creation

>Floating
>That is what you are currently feeling
>Floating in a dark expanse of never ending cold
>Your chest hurts
>You know why
>It has to do with something
>Something essential
>You need to
>To
>To...
>You need to Breath!

Alright first choice

A.)Take a breath
B.) Don't take a breath
>>
>>27762764
A
>>
>>27762764
B. This is a trick.
>>
>>27762764
>A.)Take a breath
>>
>>27762764
>You inhale and smell the air
>The warm smell of the sunlight, the earthy tones of the ground, the sharp smells of the plants
>It's quite relaxing
>Opening your eyes you are blinded by the bright light
>So this is what the sun looks like.
>It is too bright to look at diretly
>But at the same time it provides warmth to your whole body
>It also hurts your eyes to look directly at it
>You hate the sun
>Covering your face you rub your eyes to get those spots away!
>After rubbing the spots away you look at yourself
>There is a name tag on your right pec

What is your name?
>>
I apologize for any errors in my spelling.
They get removed when i update my pastebin
>>
>>27762877
Anonymous
>>
>>27762877
Anonymous
>>
>>27762877
Anonymous
>>
>>27762877
>Your name...
>You remember now!
>It's Anonymous!
>You remember your name and not because it says so on your name tag!
>Your father named you after a group of people that used to be cool
>He used to say the were the feared but respected final boss of the internet!
>Then they slowly became faggots
>Anyway you look around
>You appear to be in a crater
>A big one at that!
>Did you cause this?
>...
>Nah probably not
>You walk over to one side of the crater and climb out.
>Wow you are in...

What environment are you in?

A deciduous forest
A rain forest
A desert
A plateau
A group of Mountains
A large flat plains
>>
>>27762996
>A group of Mountains
>>
I am making a map as we go so the deciding location is important as that will be the center of Your Known World (YNW)

This will be updated when you discover a new area( mountains are best for finding out what is where, but also cost energy and time to climb)
>>
>>27762996
A group of mountains
>>
Almost finished with shit map
Unknown places are black
>>
File: Shit Map00.png (10 KB, 746x744) Image search: [Google]
Shit Map00.png
10 KB, 746x744
>>27762996
>A bunch of mountains...
>You guess it could have been worse
>It could have been a desert
>Or a rain forest
>You begin to climb to the top of the mountain to see what you could see
>A stream trickles softly
>The birds are singing their songs
>The wind is howling
>The sky is clear
>You see a small reflection
>A pool of water maybe?
>You change your direction and walk towards the water
>You look into the water and see your reflection
>You look like an ordinary man
>Normal jawline, normal ears, normal nose, normal cheeks
>The only thing abnormal bout you is your outfit
>You would expect this kind of outfit on a

This next choice decides your clothes and what you are carrying with you
you will decide Anon's Previous Profession

An Engineer
A Doctor
A Lumberjack
A Miner
A Construction worker
A Scientist
A Hunter/Trapper
A Plumber
A Factory worker
A Fatass who does nothing but watch My little pony all day and cry about not having a girlfriend on /r9k/(this one isn't an option)
>>
>>27763367
A Miner
>>
>>27763367
A construction worker
>>
>>27763367
A Hunter/Trapper

>>27763410
Miners use modern equipment, same with most of the other roles. Only the hunter and lumberjack would have any applicable skills to low tech work. That being because both their jobs still include low tech elements
>>
>>27763367
having been a trapper or hunter would be useful for finding food. Let's go with that.
>>
>>27763367
>A Hunter/Trapper
>>
>>27763439
Miners need to study stuff like geology, mining operation, mine design, metallurgy. Plus they should have strong background in math and science, good organizational skills and strong problem solving abilities. Those are all abilities that good be useful long term.
>>
>>27763439
>>27763474
I can see how that would work a trapper or hunter would know what to do.
A construction worker would probably know how to build though. And if he had a good job before then he might also know how to design buildings
>>
Okay here this might help out and give lurkers a chance to vote as well

http://www.strawpoll.me/10617079
>>
>>27763367
Engie anon because my little progress and cool tech.

Science anon would work too, but he'd build less shit.
>>
Alright poll closes in 30 minutes
In the mean time lets establish some more character traits

Height:
Weight:
Amount of time exercising per week:
Bench press max lift:
Push ups in a minute:
Sit ups per minute:
IQ:
Type of schooling:
Hobbies ( 3 hobbies max):
Type of shoes:

(all these will help later in the story with combat scenarios, but also his chances of surviving and building a nation.)
>>
>>27763674
Shit I forgot

Body type (Fat, Thin, Bulky)
>>
>>27763685
What's to stop us from just creating a guy who's super strong and smart?
>>
>>27763809
Nothing is.
You can do this but there will be limits.
An example would be someone who has a doctorate in physics may know nothing about history, or a body builder may not know anything about wilderness survival.
These are your limits. They are very real and even the laws of the universe being created will still apply ( must discover areas, takes time and energy to do anything excluding creating our character in this scenario, things like that) You could give him an IQ of 4,000,000 and have him be able to lift two planets with just a twitch of his dick, but that wont stop me from changing it.
>>
>>27763674
H: 5 foot 10 inches
W: 160 pounds
Exercise: 10 hours
Ppm: 20
Spm: 50
Iq: 150
ToS: 4 year college (twice)
Hobbies: weapon making, playing instruments, pissing in a cup and freezing it with a popsicle stick in the middle (the eating the pissicle)
He is 30% bulky 45 % skiny and 24% fat
>>
>>27763890
This guy has got the right idea
pissicles sound like a good business to go into
Maybe that should be a permanent hobby...
>>
>>27763674
Height: 6 foot 5
Weight: 204 lbs
Amount of time exercising per week: 8 hours
Bench press max lift: 233
Push ups in a minute: 45
Sit ups per minute: 50
IQ: 125
Type of schooling: bachelor's degree
Hobbies ( 3 hobbies max): Hiking, Fishing, Woodworking
Type of shoes: Dr. Martens boots
>>
>>27764009
Oh yeah I forgot body type, I guess a bit on the bulky side
>>
Poll closed Anon is an engineer

>>27763367
>These clothes look like they would belong to an engineer
>That must have been your job
>An engineer
>You remember now
>You were working on a new project
>Pope We Wuz II wanted a new crack vent for his pyramid space ship
>Wait nope that was just propaganda
>You were actually working on a new park for your city
>Looking down at your shoes you realize something
>You have no clue where you are
>Reaching into your pockets you begin to pull out whatever knick knacks you could find
>A pen
>A small notepad
>A lighter
>A pack of Cigarettes
>A multi-tool
>A Prepaid cellphone
>A wallet with your drivers license, a debit card, and a membership card for Shakey's Pizza
>Cell phone!
>You can call for help with this!
>Opening it up you see something you were hoping wasn't true
>You dread this
>Looking at the time you see it says 2:53 pm
>You are late for work!
>Your boss must be mad at you
>Oh there is also no signal
>That's alright with you
>You were almost out of minutes anyway
>The top of the mountain was your previous destination
>Lets go that way then
>Picking up your trinkets and yourself you walk up the mountain.
>>
>>27764148

Health */* Energy 18/20 Hunger 15/20 Thirst 10/20 Armor 0/50
-2 Energy for climbing the mountain

>Reaching the top of the mountain you take a look around
>The compass on your phone points north at all times
>To the north west is a jungle that stretches to the north east
>To the west is a Deciduous Forest
>South of you appears to be a massive swamp if
>East of you, a flat expanse of sand grass, and rocks form a plateau
>To the North east you can also see more mountains.
>A growling sound emanates from nearby
>Now you are normally a calm and very collected person
>That growling set you on edge
>You don't know where it came from but it must have been close
>You can't fight this
>Your throat is dry and you fell pain in your gut
>You don' know why but you have a sne-
~growl~
>You look down at your stomach
>That's where the growling was coming from!
>You must be hungry
>Now where would be the best spot to look for food?

A). The pond you were at earlier
B.) the Jungle
C.) The Forest
D.) the swamp
>>
File: Shit Map01.png (14 KB, 746x744) Image search: [Google]
Shit Map01.png
14 KB, 746x744
>>27764344
Forgot to update YKW
>>
>>27764344
>pond
Should probably get some water first
>>
>>27764344
Pond, then search the mountains for a stream that leads to a river, follow the river. Where there is moving waterproof a coast, there will be civilization
>>
File: Koi.jpg (8 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
Koi.jpg
8 KB, 267x189
>>27764344

A.) The Pond

Walking down the mountain was easier than going up the mountain -1 energy -1 hunger -1 thirst

>Your walk back to the pond was uneventful
>You saw a few birds, Saw a bug, watched a cloud move in front of the sun
>Pretty uneventful
>As the pond comes into sight you notice something odd in the water
>Every so often you would see a ripple appear near the surface
>It was a slight ripple, one that most people wouldn't catch
>But you aren't most people
>The water rippled again as you approached this time a small bug disappearing from the surface, never to return
>Approaching the edge you are careful not to disturb the water, lest whatever hides in the pond decide you are its next meal
>You carefully peer into the pond without moving your head over it
>Its a fish
>A brightly colored fish
>The fish was white, with orange patches on the back
"Koi fish" You breath out, being worried for nothing wasn't fun
>You cup your hands and decide to drink from the water
>It was cold like water should be, but it had a taste to it
>Now you are no scientist but you know that water should NOT have a flavor
>This water tasted like dirt and was brown in coloration
>You look at the pond a realize that you must have disturbed the silt while taking a drink
>No matter you try again, this time more successful
>You look at the fish in the pond one last time before standing up and walking back don the mountain
>>
File: Coffee.jpg (24 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.jpg
24 KB, 303x166
>>27764664
Drinking from the stream has helped tremendously with your thirst problem! Thirst restored!

Health */* Energy 17/20 Hunger 14/20 Thirst 20/20 Armor 0/50

>As you continue your exploration of the mountain you begin to head east.
>The rocks and gravel soon give way to a jungle that seeks to tangle you with every step
>You trudge on with your Dr Martins through the leaves, roots, and fallen trees
>You can barely see the blue sky through the thick canopy above you
>No matter though, you are happy and that is what matters
>Humming a little tune to yourself as you walk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7q_12tYZdA [ Van Halen - Jump]
>Ahead of you you see what looks like a clearing
>You head toward it to find a tree
>The tree has dark red fruit and spear shaped leaves
>You approach the tree and decide to take a few of the tiny fruits for later
>The clearing around the tree seems strange to you though
>Almost as if the animals won't eat the fruit of the tree
>Weird, but for you it's beneficial
>Taking a fruit you put it in your mouth and bite down
>It crunches like a pepper and tastes like watermelon and hibiscus at the same time.
>These fruits are GOOD
>Grabbing as many as you can you stuff them into your pockets for later
>Fairly soon you have to move around to the other side of the tree to get more fruit as you ate most of the cherries and stuffed only a small handful into your pockets
>As you continue to stuff your face with the delicious fruit, you don't see the object that causes you to trip

Coffee Fruit added to Pockets
Hunger and thirst restored
>>
>>27764845
Allright audience

anon tripped over an ancient object ( one that we would recognize ) To the races of the primitive world, this tool will make Anon a god in the eyes of the first race he meets

What did he trip over?

A.) A Shovel
B.) An Axe
C.) A Pickaxe
D.) A rake
E.) A machete
F.) A Hammer
G.) A Scythe
H.) A Rusted Hatchet
>>
>>27764868
An axe
>>
>>27764868
Hammer
>>
>>27764868
for an engineer a hammer is very useful
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.