[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty Work (Thread 16)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 5
File: 16.png (146 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
16.png
146 KB, 748x521
This is the story of a quiet, courteous and organized mare named Sharp “Twitch" Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and is now slowly patching her life back together with the help of her friendly neighborhood mob operation.

Last time, Twitch got a job involving her favorite princess and took a lucrative deal to reduce her debt. Meanwhile, Sharp met Tally's new friends, and after went out to see a play with her.

Last Thread: >>27162898

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/
>>
>>27300974
>After around ten minutes of small talk with Tally, the lights go down and the play begins.
>The play opens during the seasonal harvest, sometime in late summer or autumn.
>Duke Albraycht of Silhaysia, a nobleman, has fallen in love with a young peasant mare named as the play would suggest, Giselle.
>However, the Duke himself is already set to marry Baythilde, the daughter of the Duke of Courtland.
>In addition to the duke, the local gamekeeper Hilarion also has affections to this little peasant mare.
>He’s incredibly suspicious of this new opposition to his love (The Duke hiding under the pseudonym of “Loys” and guise of a peasent).
>But around them, harvest festivities continue, Giselle wanting to go out and dance with the disguised Duke, her mother warning otherwise of this strange stallion she’s fallen for.
>Giselle and Albraycht (Loys as she thinks) have a beautiful dance, but during the fun, a royal hunting party visits the village, forcing Albraycht into hiding lest they spot him.
>Baythilde is in attendance, who ends up chatting with Giselle and finds her lovely, the royal stranger bestowing upon Giselle a beautiful necklace before departing.
>Willow is a part of this hunting party too, wearing a fancy dress and dancing with a rather handsome looking stallion during Bay and Giselle's chat.
>Once the hunting party exits “Loys” returns to the fray of the party with Giselle, now named Harvest Queen.
>In the middle of their dance, Hilarion stops the processions and accuses Loys, presenting the Duke’s sword as evidence he’s royalty and not who he says he is.
>>
>>27363922
>To prove his accusation, Hilarion blows his hunting horn, bringing back the royal procession and forcing the Duke to confirm his engagement to Baythilde.
>The little earth mare he’s spent the night with is devastated, inconsolable at the thought she can never be together with her beloved.
>To display her grief, she dances and dances, spinning wildly and frantically at a ever increasing pace.
>Eventually you feel rather frightened for the actress playing her, twirls and steps taking her back and forth across the stage until she collapses out of exhaustion into Albraycht’s hooves.
>There, she spends a final moment looking into her Duke’s eyes before going limp and slipping out of his grasp, resting softly at his hooves.
>Hilarion and Albraycht are enraged with each other, but Albraycht flees in sorrow before anything develops from their anger.
>The lights onstage are now much dimmer than at the opening, and everyone slowly exits the stage, leaving behind only Giselle’s mother, weeping over her daughter’s limp body as the curtain closes for intermission.
>And as the lights come up and ponies shuffle out to the lobby, you turn to Tally.
>She looks absolutely traumatized, staring mouth agape at the stage.
>After a moment she grabs you and moans, “M-My heart can’t take this Sharpie…”
>And whimpers into your shoulder, turning her face from the stage.

>input action
>>
>>27363942

Cry with her. She's right, that was traumatizing.
>>
>>27364211
>You wrap your hooves around her and nod, holding back tears yourself.
"Y-Yeah... T-That was pretty awful."
>You murmur quietly, rubbing her mane and staring off in a daze towards the closed curtain.
>After a minute or so, Tally stands to join the exiting crowds.
>"Let's get a drink."
>She mumbles, dragging you along down the stairs to the refreshment stand.
>The lobby itself is filled with ponies now, and the high ceiling seems just a little more distant than it had been before.
>There's a pair of bathrooms to either side of the room, stairs to the balcony to the front and the theatre's exit to the back.
>It's a long line to get drinks, but as you stand with your roomie you notice the stallion who'd been eyeing you before.
>He's looking around the lobby, searching for something or someone.
>The stallion he was with before no longer accompanies him, a lone be-sparked pony in a crowd of hustle and bustle.

>input action
>>
>>27364370
It's not like we're going to leave early if they notice us. Just ignore them for now.
>>
>>27364370
Should definitely tell Kis about this, assuming we don't get shiv'd before the night is over.
It would be preferable not to be seen, but I guess we should just hope for the best.
Please don't follow us home
>>
>>27364370
I guess we're waiting for Willow to show at this point.
>>
>>27364543
>>27364566
>You sigh,
>It's not like you can leave early, so all you can do is ignore him and hope for the best.
>If you keep your head low, maybe he won't notice.
>Maybe.
>When Tally hits the front of the line she orders two sodas,m to your surprise.
>"Don't need a headache on top of all that to think about..."
>She moans, giving you a little bump on the side and hoofing over your drink.
>"Gonna have to have a little talk with Willow after the show."
>The two of you nod in agreement before taking seats on the stairs, sipping your soda and looking out over the lobby.
>Ponies bustling about, chatting over the events of the play.
>The stallion does catch sight of you at one point, but once he does ignores you for the rest of intermission.

>And the rest of the play is rather depressing too (but the dancing is really spectacular).
>Hilarion goes to weep over Giselle's grave in the forest, only to be surprised by a group of vengeful spirits and scared off (Willow among them.)
>These are the spirits of lost mares, and induct the recently passed Giselle into their festivites.
>They (excluding Giselle, preoccupied with another lover), force him to dance the night away until he crawls away exhausted and embaressed, tucking tail and retreating into the forest.
>Albraycht suffers a similar fate, but is protected in part by Giselle's love.
>At daybreak, this sets free the Duke completely, and the mares tormenting him too.
>As they move on to the afterlife, Giselle shares a tender moment with Albraycht before drifting away into the sunrise as the curtains shut.

>You and Tally trot down to the lobby through the crowds, waiting for Willow.
>"I guess it's a ballet, we can excuse the plot somewhat..."
>This gets a raised eyebrow from you.
"And that's not just you trying to cover for your little moment of emotion?"
>Tally scrunches a little in response,
>"M-Maybe a little,"
>Before sticking out her tongue at you.

>input action

Had captcha trouble, apologies.
>>
>>27364848
Boop
I guess we're waiting for Willow to come out?
Any sign of our tails?
>>
>>27364848
Plays like this are supposed to elicit strong emotions. I'd say it's a compliment to the production that you were so moved.
>>
>>27364848
I thought the dancing was great. It was a really sad story, but I liked it a lot.
>>
beb
>>
>>27365156
>>27365943
>>27366282
"Aw, plays like this are supposed to elicit strong emotions. It's a complement to the production we were so moved. And the dancing was great! It was sad, but I enjoyed it."
>You say with a nudge, keeping an eye out as the two of you exit into the lobby.
>Tally nods, still displaying a little residual scrunch.
>"I... Y-Yeah, I enjoyed it."
>She says wiping an eye.
>When she catches sight of you watching, she quickly moves it to her ear and pretends she was just scratching, a little embarrassed.
>Now overlooking the lobby, you notice one of the talis at the front exit to the theatre, tapping idly against the wall.
>The other is milling through the crowds, looking up the staircase you're currently descending.
>There's a door marked for the actors on the first floor, and in no time flat, Willow and a few of the other dancers are out and trotting about the crowd.
>Neither her or your tails have seen you, standing in the bustle of the staircase.

>input action
>>
>>27367233
Lets get too Willow. Maybe she knows about a different exit we could take.
We could say some creep was giving us a bad feeling if we need an excuse.
>>
>>27367309
>You trot down the stairs and over to Willow.
>Your tail in the crowd notices, but you ignore him.
>When she finishes chatting to a couple of rich looking ponies, you butt in and give her a hug, Tally soon following.
>"Oh goodness, guys! I forgot you were coming! Well, not really, but it's great to see you!"
>She says as she jumps up and down.
>Tally grins,
>"And your dancing was phenomenal! Honestly, wow!"
>You bump her in the butt, sending her off balance and into a playfully rustled expression.
"And somepony may have been crying just a little, it's a very moving play..."
>Tally quickly puffs up,
>"Y-You were too, don't act all high and mighty!"
>She finishes with an intake of breath, presenting her chest in an effort to save face.
>Cheeks bulged and eyes tightly shut, her attempt breaks quickly and the three of you fall into dumb laughter.
"So, ah... Is there another exit we could use? After visiting backstage of course."
>You say nervously, and Willow nods.
>"I... I think so, but I'm not sure if they'll want you guys using it. What for?"
"Some creep was giving me funny looks... Just want to avoid that."
>Willow nods,
>"Ah. I'll see what I can do."
>She waves you into the actors exit, chatting as she walks
>"So I'll introduce you guys to Harsh, and then... Well, we wouldn't mind help dealing with Hilarion. After that, the four of us go out and have a night on the town?"

>input action
>>
>>27367456
That sounds great!
>>
>>27367456
I second that
>>
>>27367607
>>27367701
"Seconded!"
>You say cheerily, following her down through the hallways.
>The dressing rooms are a cluster of noise and bustle, ponies cleaning up the show.
>Getting out of costume, getting out of makeup, mares and stallions running about with hangers and racks, hanging up clothes, taking off clothes.
>Willow takes you into her own little communal dressing room.
>Five mares are cramped into the small space (eight now with the three of you), rushing to get off their clothes.
>They greet Willow with smiles and she does the same, taking you to a tan mare with a black mane.
>"This is Harsh guys!"
>She says, giving the mare a hug and opening her up to the two of you.
>Her expression is pretty cheery, in the midst wiping off mascara, a bit of it smeared across her face.
>"Nice to meet you, ah..."
>She trails off, Tally stepping in.
>"I'm Tally, and she's Sharp."
>You make a mental note to thank her, and to let her helm the conversation here.
>It's loud, noisy and cramped backstage, three things that are all on your avoidance list (trying to think of a fourth ill of the dressing rooms).
>Harsh looks to Willow,
>"So these were the guys that were going to help me with my... Problem?"
>Willow nods,
>"So, how much do you two want to know about what's been happening?"
>Harsh's face falls as she continues with her makeup,
>"I-I'd prefer to reveal as little about his harassment as possible... But Willow did say I could trust you guys with anything, and to get the job done. What is it you need to get him off me?"

>input action
>>
>>27368415
5 mares undressing.
>>
>>27368415
You want us to actually do something? Well, I don't know if I feel comfortable with that.
>>
>>27368814
"S-So you want us to actually do something? I don't know if I'm too comfortable with that..."
>You say sorrowfully, shrugging at the two.
"T-This really isn't either of our fortes, is this really the only way?"
>Willow shrugs,
>"I just thought the two of you were unbiased and weren't at risk to get fired for anything. Of course, if you two are uncomfortable,"
>Harsh interrupts,
>"I-I don't want either of you doing things that'd make you uncomfortable. W-We can just skip out once I'm done undressing and hopefully not have to deal with him on the way."
>She gives a rather fake smile before turning back to the mirror and continuing with her makeup.
>Willow then grunts and begins with her own costume, shaking her head.
>Tally gives you a raised eyebrow,
>"I-I don't know about this either..."
>She whispers.
>"I'll help out if you do though. Just don't know if we should stick our noses here..."

>input action
>>
>>27368932
I thought she just wanted to stand up to the guy and wanted us to be there as support. I didn't know she really wanted us to take care of him for her.
>>
>>27368951
"I thought she was going to stand up to the guy and just wanted support! I didn't know we'd be taking care of him for her..."
>You say glumly.
>Tally nods,
>"My thoughts exactly. What if we offered that, if he tries anything on our way out she should stand up to him! And we'll be there to support her, behind her all the way. He can't try anything funny with four of us, and nothing happens it's smooth sailing for us. That sound alright? I think this was just an issue of miscommunication, but hopefully we can make it right."

>input action
>>
>>27369201
Yeah, that sounds fine.
>>
>>27369368
"Yeah, that sounds fine..."
>As the two finish dressing, you give Harsh a quick tap on the shoulder.
>"Oh, yes?"
>She says with surprise,
"How about this, if he tries anything today, stand up to him! And we'll back you all the way, making sure nothing goes wrong and that you can make yourself heard."
>Harsh rubs her mane,
>"A little confidence boost, i-instead? I guess I can work with that. We just hope to Celestia he doesn't try anything..."

>After their clothes are on and goodbyes are said to the other mares, the three of you trot out into the hallway.
>Willow points to the direction of the rear exit,
>"We can go out the front or through the bac--"
>She pauses, spotting Hilarion at his dressing room.
>He's in-between the rear exit and your group, not intentionally blocking the way out but in a conversation with another mare outside his room.
>"I guess we go out the front exit, a-aha!"
>Harsh says nervously, stamping a hoof to the floor.

>input action
>>
>>27369747
Not much of a confidence boost if she runs away.
>>
>>27369747
Come on, you can do this.
>>
>>27369747
Don't be silly. You don't need to be afraid of this chump.
He's just hot air and nothing else.
>>
>>27369871
>>27369907
>>27369911
"Aw, don't be silly, he's just a load of hot air. You can do it, come on!"
>Tally joins in your encouragement, giving a cheerful,
>"Yeah Harsh! What's he going to do with us around anyway? Problems won't solve themselves, you have to face them and fix them."
>Harsh, who'd already been trotting towards the front, stops.
>"I... Alright."
>She says glumly, setting her jaw and trotting towards the rear.
>When she approaches, Hilarion catches sight and waves off the other mare, sauntering up to Harsh.
>"How's it going honey, having a good time with your girls?"
>He says as he rubs up against her.
>"They won't mind if I steal you away for a moment, will they?"
>He says as he slips inbetween you three and her, then uses his body to blockade her as he moves towards his dressing room.
>"We'll only be a minute!"
>He says with a smile.
>Harsh stops him with a dead angry look on her face,
>"Stop it. I don't have time for anything, talking or else, with you. Now or ever. I'm going out with my friends, and you're going to move and let me walk out right now."
>She spits, fire behind her words.
>They stump the stallion for a moment, but he regains his composure fairly quickly.
>"Playing hard to get tonight, are we? That's a new one."
>He raises a hoof as if to slap her, then as she flinches, grabs her and tries to pull her with him.
>"Again, we'll be back shortly!"
>He says as he tugs, but Harsh resists, managing to stop herself at the doorway's threshold as he struggles with her.

>input action
>>
>>27370205
Tell him sternly to let her go.

If it doesn't work, we're gonna have to step in. Not fight, just try to get between them, get Harsh out of his grip.

Hopefully Tally's got our back.
>>
>>27370205
She told you no asshole. Let her go before I go tell everyone I saw you force a mare into your room.
>>
>>27370238
>>27370326
"She said no, let go of her."
>You say coolly but sternly, approaching the stallion with your best face of intimidation.
>It probably adds nothing, but it's worth a shot.
>Thankfully, Tally backs you up.
>"Let go of her before somepony important finds out you forced a mare into your room."
>Hilarion grunts, still fighting for control,
>"Says who?"
>And before you can step in Willlow takes a stand herself.
>"All four of us."
>She says with derision and a deathly stare.
>At that, the two stop their scuffle for a moment and Harsh quickly scampers out of his grasp, looking down at him with absolute disgust.
>He looks frightened for a moment before slipping back into a collected demeanor, smirking towards the four of you.
>"Alright, we're cool for now, I'm sorry you're in such a mood tonight Harsh honey, we'll try again some other time."
>He stands, shaking, and shuts the door behind him.
>There's a moment of silence before Harsh collapses against a wall, holding a hoof to her chest.
>"O-Oh C-Celestia, I didn't expect that. He never's tried something like that before. I-... But holy, telling him that felt good."

>input action
>>
>>27370525
He asked you something while you were fighting. 'Playing hard to get tonight, are we?' Have you been just letting him do whatever he wants to you?
>>
>>27370525
Good, knew you could do it. But is this your last day with this group?
Because that happens again you smack him and run, then tell someone about it.
That is not okay behavior.
>>
>>27370583
>>27370588
>You quickly take a seat and place a hoof of your own to her chest.
>She takes it and presses it close, you can feel her heart racing a mile a minute.
"I knew you could do it, that was great! But tell me, how much longer do you have with this guy?"
>She moans,
>"About a month and a half..."
>Your eyes wide,
"Well, next time smack him and gallop to find someone, that isn't okay for anypony to do."
>She doesn't say anything, instead reaching out for Willow, who takes a seat with you and hugs her.
>After they finish, you continue.
"Have you just been letting this guy just walk all over you? He said you were 'Playing hard to get tonight,'"
>You start, giving her a serious look.
>She looks to the floor.
>"N-Not every night... Most nights I avoid him, but I'm bad at--"
>She trails off and wipes a strand of her black mane from her face.
>"Dealing with pushy ponies."

>input action
>>
>>27370838
You absolutely have to stick up for yourself, Harsh. Otherwise it's never going to stop.

Get other ponies involved, other actors, cause we won't be around. You're not alone, nor should you be. Because if you say no and he still does something like that, well, that's rape.

You absolutely need to talk to this guy and get it sorted out.
>>
>>27370838
I can understand that.
If he gets his way though he'll only get worse.
Don't ask him anymore, tell him, and if he doesn't listen get away from him.
>>
>>27371168
>>27371094
"You've got to stick up for yourself Harsh, if you let him push you around it'll only get worse. Just make sure you've got help, get other ponies involved. Next time, we won't be around, and if he's doing things you've said no to, that's rape. Make sure your word means something, and keep him off you."
>She nods, and Tally steps in.
>"And if you can't find it in yourself to do that, use those friends of those back in the dressing room to your advantage. With us you were able to work up the nerve to tell him off, and we're practically strangers! Well, acquaintances might be better, but what he look to be doing is not okay, at all."
>Harsh nods,
>"O-Okay, okay! I-I'm good guys, let's just go out so I can forget about all this nonsense."
>Under her breath she whispers,
>"Thanks, I'll do my best..."
>Before she stands, shakes her head and starts trotting, cocking her head towards the exit.
>Before anything though, Willow slows her down.
>"Well, what do we have in mind, don't want to be blindly waltzing about. We thinking a club, a bar, something else?"

>input action
>>
>>27371315
I have a big day at work tomorrow, so I don't want to hit it very hard tonight. If you guys still want to go out drinking, that's fine though.
>>
>>27371535
"I have a big day at work tomorrow, so I'll pass on hitting it hard tonight. But, if you guys are looking for a little fun, don't let me stop you."
>You say, stepping back.
>The two nod, Willow speaking for both of them.
>"I get it, little disappointing, but I understand. We have a rest tomorrow, so we can afford it. Need it too, thank Celestia... But for the rest of us, I was thinking we go out clubbing! Escort our Sharpie back home and go out for the night. Sound like fun?"
>She asks, looking for confirmation.
>Tally gives you a nudge and whispers,
>"So were you thinking of coming? And if not, do you want company at home?"

>input action
>>
>>27371895
I'll come with. No reason not to spend the evening with you Willow, especially after a performance like that. I'll just be the sober voice of reason if you get too drunk!
>>
>>27371895
We can come out for a while.
Then we need to get some rest though.
E-even if that means the group is only three ponies.
>>
>>27371895
Lets join them, but not get drunk.
>>
>>27372015
>>27371934
>>27371913
"I'll come with, we need to celebrate after a performance like that! But I'll instead be the sober voice of reason if you guys get too drunk."
>You then consider the plight of leaving early, getting rest or leaving an oddly numbered party of ponies.
>Twitch momentarily steps in and reminds you of the importance of keeping your job (and seeing princess Twilight), so you decide it a necessary evil if required.
>And so, in agreement, the four of you head out to a nearby dance club called "Night's Enclave," a flashing neon moon emblazoned across the front of the building.
>On the inside there's a DJ, lots of lights, and ponies in every direction dancing and chatting.
>You don't handle frenetic situations well, so instead commandeer a spot at the bar with your friends.
>Harsh starts the night off with a bang, putting a drink in front of everyone, including you.
>Tally takes to hers rather quickly, draining it and slapping the bar.
>"Man, I have to say it, that play was really depressing... Like, I'm just trying to get Giselle's limp body out of my mind's eye, just gives me the chills."
>Willow laughs,
>"Don't worry about her, she's a cunt backstage. Got a real contemptuous air about her, and keeps failing to get herself into our Albraycht's dressing room. Rather funny actually, but she'd annihilate us if anypony laughed to her face."

>input action
>>
>>27372381
Well, she may be a jerk, but she's a great actress.
>>
>>27372381
If they could hook the two of them up, it might help both of their problems
>>
>>27372506
Heh, that would be very devious.
>>
>>27372506
>>27372407
>>27372714
"Might be a jerk, but she's a great actress."
>You lead in, Harsh sighing as she drains her own glass.
>"Oh, no doubt. Wish it wasn't always the bad ones who get the talent."
"Hey, if you two played matchmaker and got together those two, it'd solve a lot of problems."
>Harsh laughs,
>"Do you not think we've tried? It was hilarious, honestly! Got them together, they went on a few dates. We totally spied on them too, it was the best thing ever. After only a few, Hilarion broke it off, saying he couldn't stand her and going into intricate detail about their nightly routines. Celestia, she hates his guts now, us extras too for getting the whole thing together. But she was an ass before, she's an ass now, and sadly doesn't have the looks to match one."
>Tally shakes her head,
>"Aw, whatever, you don't need to pay attention to any of that drama. Just stay out of it, do your job well and stick with your friends."
>The two nod,
>"It's hard when you get dragged into it though, for instance, I've got a bit of a bullsye on my back right now in Gissy's opinion."
>Willow kicks the bar itself, taking a long drink.
>"Albraycht's got a bit of a soft spot for me. Nothing serious, and I haven't really thought much on it, but it's there. And Gis is jealous to an insane degree. So it's kinda difficult to avoid her ire..."

>input action
>>
>>27372793
What are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>27372793
Maybe you could talk to Albraycht about this?
He's kinda getting you flak right now after all.
>>
>>27372846
>>27373012
"Maybe you could talk to him about it. He's getting you flak after all."
>Tally nods,
>"And unless you've got intentions of making something of his soft spot, it's only in your interest to talk to him about it."
>Willow taps her chin,
>"Suppose so, and no, I've no aspirations for him. Let somepony else have him."
>She yawns, kicking back the last of her glass and tapping for another one.
>Harsh bops her head back and forth in time with the beat of the music pumping in the background.
>"So, who here wants do get out there and do some dancing? I could get out there and bump some booty, y'know?"
>Tally raises an eyebrow and gestures to your drink,
>"Thinking about either of those possibilities?"
>She finishes with a grin and a nudge, looking to the dance floor.

>input action
>>
>>27373300
Oh, well I dunno.
>>
>>27373300
Um.
I can't really dance.
>>
>>27373326
>>27373353
"O-Oh, I can't really dance..."
>You mumble as the three stand to dance, Willow already pulling you off your hooves.
>"Come on, it'll be great! I'll find you a nice stallion, get you two dancing. And even if you suck come on! He'll think it's really cute that you're trying for him. And you'll have fun, just wait and see."
>She says with a grin as she drags you to the dance floor.
"D-Doubtful..."
>You say to yourself, internally screaming at the slightly crooked barstool you're leaving behind.
>Around you, ponies sway and spin to the beats pumping from every direction.
>Willow takes a moment to point out three stallions, a rather buff and handsome looking one, one with a slicked back mane and a grin on his face, and a thin one at the bar watching the dancers.
>"So, which one do you want? I'll introduce you and let you get to knowing each other, then you can see where the night goes!"

>input action
>>
>>27373752
Willow, I really don't know about this.
>>
>>27373752
Oh god. The guy at the bar? He's not dancing at least.
>>
>>27373752
How about we dance with Tally and they just get two stallions. 6 dancers.
>>
>>27373752
>I'll find you a nice stallion
B-but I'm not into stallions. Actually, I'm not into a lot of things. Anything with even a hint of romantic associations makes me panic and spaghetti.

Tally, dane with me platonically and save me from a terrible fate.
>>
>>27373752
I think I'd much rather stay at the bar with Tally.
>>
>>27373778
>>27373827
>>27373838
>>27373890
"W-Willow, I don't know about this."
>You say with increasing nervousness.
"M-Maybe I could just stay back at the bar with Ta--"
>You say, looking over to your roommate..
>But to your dismay, she and Harsh are off looking for dance partners, leaving you alone to the whims of Willow.
"W-Why me..."
>You mutter unhappily to yourself.

>input action

What are Sharp's feelings on telling ponies about her romantic feelings (or lack thereof)?
>>
>>27374057
>Spoiler
She doesn't, typically. When meeting somepony new in this kind of a situation, I think she'd be internally panicking, nervous, have no idea what to say, and spill spaghetti when she does say anything.

More of a wallflower type who is more comfortable with her own thoughts than with others, not the type to straight up say 'I'm not interested in X' to other ponies.
We're not Twitch right now, so there will be a point that we'll just straight up cut it off. We're not looking for sex.
>>
>>27374092
>>27373795
"I-I guess the one at the bar..."
>You moan unhappily, and Willow gladly leads you over to him.
"Least he isn't dancing."
>Enthusiastic, Willow sits you down next to him and taps him on the shoulder,
>"Hi! I'm Willow, this is Sharp! She was looking for somepony to hang out with tonight, maybe do a little dancing, y'know."
>The stallion grins and extends a hoof,
>"Really now Sharp? Well, I'm Bell, it's a pleasure."
>Willow then squees a little before smiling between the both of you,
>"Well, I'm off to find somepony to dance with, I'll check back in on you two soon!"
>Then skips off to the dance floor.
>After a moment of silence between you, Bell scratches his neck
>"So, ah... You want a drink Sharp? I-I'm never good with conversation starters."

>input action
>>
>>27374271
Oh, no thank you. I-it's not you, just not looking to drink, you know?
>>
>>27374271
M-me neither.
You... come here often?
>>
>>27374271
"I can't really drink since I have a big day tomorrow and also I don't dance and also I'm kinda panicking here and while it has nothing to do with you I really am only here to make my friend happy not that there is anything wrong with you because I'm sure you're a nice guy but I'm really hoping that you turn out to be gay or something so I don't feel so bad about the fact that this isn't going to go anywhere and oh god I'm rambling aren't I holy fuck."

Plus additional spaghetti.
>>
>>27374545
Wow. That's some ace spaghetti.

Add a little embarrassment in the form of planting our forehead on the counter and hiding behind our hooves, and I'm sold.
>>
>>27374545
To late.
>>
>>27374591
I, uh, work at a bar. Nothing up front, more behind the scenes, prep work, that kind of stuff, what about you?
>>
>>27374545
This.
>>
>>27374636
And also >>27374576
>>
>>27374304
>>27374328
>>27374545
>>27374576
>>27374636
>>27374646
>Showtime Sharpie, don't fuck this up.
>You take a deep breath and shoot back your eloquent response.
"I can't really drink since I have a big day tomorrow and also I don't dance and also I'm kinda panicking here and while it has nothing to do with you I really am only here to make my friend happy not that there is anything wrong with you because I'm sure you're a nice guy but I'm really hoping that you turn out to be gay or something so I don't feel so bad about the fact that this isn't going to go anywhere and oh god I'm rambling aren't I holy fuck."
>You slam your forehead onto the bar and when you come up for air, cover your face in embaressment.
"S-Sorry..."
>You say, cheeks hotter than the sun.
>There's a silence between the two of you, the blood pumping in your ears louder than the music in the club.
>After a few moments you peep through your hooves to get a look at Bell, who's sitting rather stunned.
>He notices, and to combat your fear you quickly shut the gap and start hyperventilating.
>From behind your impenetrable wall of hooves and social anxiety, a muffled voice reaches you.
>"I-I-Okay! And we're sure this is 100% not going places?"
>You nod from behind your hooves, starting to get a little lightheaded, and he laughs in response.
>"Well, that's some... Overenthusiastic friend you've got I guess."
>He scratches his neck, and takes on a rather sheepish look.
>You then realize there's a breach in your hoof wall and close it up again.
>"A-And I thought I was bad with social... Stuff. Well, two's a company!"
>He says as he slowly tears down your barrier, a smile slowly emerging as he pulls it apart.
>"Might want to ease up on the breathing though. I-If you passed out I'd probably just run away and hide, I-I'm not exactly the hero type."

>input action
>>
>>27374763
Y-you too.
>>
>>27374763
Realize that he is in fact not going to make fun of us and try to get our breathing back in check.
>>
>>27374763
Th-thanks.
>>
>>27374847
>>27374811
>>27374776
>You slowly begin to realize this stallion isn't going to make fun of you for being a spaz.
"Y-You too."
>You stammer, and Bell takes on a rather perplexed look.
"I-I mean thanks."
>He smiles,
>"Ah, no problem."
>You take a moment to calm back down and lie back in your chair, Bell rubbing a hoof on your back in a reassuring manner.
>"You're a tense gal... Guess we're the same, but different, I usually try to keep my cool when I make an ass of myself."
>A few seconds pass, Bell looking to be working up to ask something.
>"S-So, did you get shit in school too?"
>He finally says, bearing an uncomfortable and nervous expression.

>input action
>>
>>27374940
I managed to avoid most of that through a carefully crafted program of avoidance and blending into the background.
>>
>>27374940
Sometimes yeah. I'm better than I was then though.
I think.
>>
>>27374940
Yeah, but I mostly tried to stay quiet.
>>
>>27374985
>>27374968
>>27374964
"I managed to avoid most of it with clever tactics of avoidance and blending in. But it sometimes still happened. I'm better now though, better than back then. I think."
>You say nervously, but less so than when this conversation started.
>Bell chuckles,
>"I also like to think that, but I'm really not so sure sometimes. It isn't a time I look back on fondly..."
>He starts inspecting your butt and you blush, then blush harder when you realize he's only looking at your cutie mark.
>"Notepad, huh... So you're into writing?"
"O-Organization."
>You say back taking a moment to look at buttmark.
>"Organization? That's pretty cool..."
>You try to look for long enough to understand what his mark is, but not long enough for him to think you're weird.
>But then you can't quite figure out what it is and you bend down to get a better look and now it's taking too long and oh Celestia why, it's a pen.

>input action
>>
>>27376629
What's your talent?
>>
>>27376629
Of course it's a pen. It's like the universe is trying to tell Sharp that this pony was madr for her.
>>
>>27376834
The universe tries to tell Sharpie a lot of things with the main upshot being "suffer for the sake of comedy".
>>
>>27376764
>>27376834
>You begin to sweat as you realize it's a pen.
>This guy seems a lot like you, only not a mare and less awkward.
>And that somehow makes this interaction worse in a way, the fact you can relate to him.
>Why couldn't he have been an asshole, then you could have gone back to Willow and have a reason to run away from him.
"S-So your cutiemark's a pen? That's really cool!"
>Why did you follow up on that he didn't even say why it's a pen, what if he doesn't like his talent shit shit--
>He nods,
>"Yeah, I'm a writer. Kinda obvious if you think about it."
>He says with a gesture to his butt.
>"So I guess... What do you do for fun? I'm pretty sure coming to places like this isn't high on your list."

>input action
>>
>>27376970
>What do you do for fun?
I bend the chaos of our universe to my will by meticulously organizing everything according to its physical properties.

My spice drawer is alphabetical.
>>
>>27376983
This
>>
>>27376491
>>
>>27376970
>>27376983
I also enjoy theatre and radio shows!
>>
>>27376983
>>27378554
...and a forth thing!
>>
>>27376983
>>27377177
>>27378554
>>27379719
>For fun?
>Well, you do enjoy cleaning.
>But just saying you like cleaning and keeping things tidy sounds super lame, maybe you could spice that up a little.
>Hey, your spice drawer!
"I uh... Bend the chaos of our universe to my will by meticulously organizing everything according to its physical properties."
>You say as confidently as you can muster.
>When Bell gives you a skeptical look, you cover your face again and muffle out,
"I-It was a joke, m-my spice drawer is alphabetical."
>You've now thouroughly confused Bell, him stammering back,
>"W-What does that have to do with the chaos of the universe?"
>In a panic, you blurt out,
"I-I don't know I just wanted to say I found cleaning fun and n-not sound like a dork!"
>You squirm in your barstool, looking for somepony familiar to take comfort with, but find nopony in sight.
>After a small whine, you continue,
"F-For fun. Fun, and I like theatre! And radio!"
>That's three, you can't end off on an odd number, nothing fun has odd numbers involved.
"And uh, c-cuddling!"
>Uh oh.

>input action
>>
>>27380098
Platonic cuddling. With my roomate. Who is a best friend and nothing more.
>>
>>27380098
Friendly cuddling. With friends.
>>
>>27380098
Sorry, I-I messed up again.
>>
>>27380098
Stand up abruptly, knocking over the stool, and add that you meant platonic cuddling. Smile while you say it so he doesn't think you're a psycho. No, don't smile that much, now you just look like a psycho.

Well, too late now, you fucked up. Start sweating and trying to think of what your new name will be once you move to the other side of Equestria and start your life over to hide your shame.
>>
>>27381675
Not a bad start, but could you turn the spaghetti up a notch?
>>
>>27380098
Can we please talk about you now? I really want to stop talking because every time I open my mouth I get that much closer to galloping out of here as fast as my legs can carry me.
>>
>>27380605
>>27380764
>>27381134
>>27381675
>>27382236
>Quickly realizing what you've said, you stand abruptly to defend your reasoning.
>Behind you, your bar stool clatters to the floor, and your attempt at speaking morphs into a wince, getting your chance as you scramble to right your mistake.
"P-Platonic cuddling! W-With my roommate! Who happens to be my best friend. B-But we're not anything more than that, w-we're just friends!"
>When you finally right the chair (with difficulty considering you're shaking all over), you give Bell a huge grin, eyes darting around to inspect the rest of the bar.
>The batender and a few other ponies are giving you odd looks, which makes you feel like moving to Manehattan is your best course of action to avoid the shame that will soon spread across Canterlot about you.
>Maybe you can call yourself Scribble over there, start up a new grocery store.
>But would you tell Tally?
>Of course, she would understand, and the two of you would move out there a--
>You then realize you're still grinning like a madmare at Bell, and quickly fumble to put yourself back in a seated position.
"I-I-Can we talk about you now? E-Every time I open my mouth I get a few steps closer to galloping out of here as fast as my legs can carry me."
>Bell laughs awkwardly, taking a noted interest in the floor.
>"Y-Yeah, sorry... P-Probably should have taken the hint with you freaking out and all."
>He then nervously tugs his mane,
>"S-So, w-what do you want to know about? M-Me? My writing career? W-What sort of candy I like?"

>input action
>>
>>27382727
Y-yeah. All of those.
>>
>>27382727
What have you written so far?
>>
>>27382727
What do you write about? Thrilling adventure tales of ponies exploring uncharted lands beyond the border of Equestria? Westerns about travelling alchemists? Survival horror taking place in abandoned government facilities? Action-intensive superheros trying to atone for their past? Engineering thought expiriments with vauge undertones of possible romance?
>>
beb
>>
>>27383328
>>27382791
>>27382758
"Just gimme all those, w-what have you written so far?"
>You say, happy you're no longer the focal point of conversation.
>Bell sighs and thinks, eyes facing towards the ceiling.
>"Okay... At the moment I write serials for a penny press, stressful work but decent pay for the hours I put in. I'm also in the midst of thinking up ideas for a standalone story I plan to self-publish. It's not really enough to support my rent, but I have a nest egg I'm only digging a little into the red with, at this rate it'll last years. So I guess I'm just looking for a better opportunity right now... Radio or a real publishing gig would be a dream come true."
>He shakes his head and pauses, mumbling to himself.
>After a few moments, he mouths something a few times before continuing.
>"But that's not really much about me. I grew up in the country, had a lot of time to myself. Normally don't talk to ponies or instigate, but you were the interested party and I figured why not?"
>He pauses again with closed eyes, thinking deeply.
>When you think he's maybe fallen asleep and make to stand and run off, he revitalizes and continues.
>It jara you off balance, nearly sending you onto the floor, but you quickly right yourself for storytime.
>"So I guess a little history won't hurt. Came here when I was a teenager with my parents. They're still around, but they moved back out to the country. I go to see them every so often. We lived in a condo thing with my brother and sister, which was a pretty big change from the great outdoors. I still can't really get over it, someday I'm going back. School was fun, studied litrature in college. Had a marefriend for a while, but it didn't work out, she ran off one day. Not literally, but it felt that way. Still don't really know why."
>He grumbles,
>"So for the past few months I've just been lost on what to do with my life."
>He then pauses and points behind you,
>"Your friend's coming back."

>input action
>>
>>27384049
I really hope those writing jobs work out for you. What kind of stories have you written? What are they about?
>>
>>27384049
"Even if things don't seem the best right now. I am sure you can turn it around soon. I was in a pickle myself, but now things are going much better. Keep your head up!"
>>
>>27384049
Well, I hope the writing works out for you Bell, because you seem like a nice pony.
Maybe someday I'll be listening to something you wrote on the radio!
>>
>>27379362
>>
>>27385826
>>
>>27385002
>>27384287
>>27384090
>Now feeling much more confident, you give the stallion a happy smile.
"I hope everything works out then. What kind of stories have you written?"
>You say as you spare a look over your shoulder to catch sight of Willow.
>"I've been putting out a romance story lately, which is fun. I've never done one before, so it's a new experience. And the other published story I have is an adventure story about the wilderness. A stallion and a mare surviving together after their wagon breaks down in transit, I'm particularly proud of it."
>You nod, and Willow promptly slips herself between the two of you,
>"So how's it going?"
>She says to you, looking back and forth between you and Bell.
>"Having fun yet? I just came over to pop a question, if you two do want to stick together for the night. How about a dance with me and Bang?"
>She says as she points to a brown stallion she's found giving him a sly wave as she talks.

>input action
>>
>>27386559
N-no thanks. I really don't dance.
>>
>>27386559
Oh I'd probably just get in your way.
>>
>>27386559
I... guess I could dance, but bear in mind that I'd probably end up hyperventilating, sobbing, and clinging to Bell's legs.
>>
>>27386559
W-well, if there's four of us...
>>
>>27386886
This. Being on the dance floor is the absolute worst with anxiety.
>>
>>27386605
>>27386619
>>27386886
>>27386996
>>27387557
>You quickly shake your head, waving your hooves into a blur in front of you.
"O-Oh no! I-I'd probably just end up sobbing and clinging to Bell, i-it's best if we just stick. O-Over here. Maybe watch a little!"
>You say quickly, and Willow laughs her tinkling laugh,
>"Okie-dokie, just checkin'!"
>She says with a wink as she trots back into her stallion's hooves and the two melt away into the crowd.
>An anxious breath leaves your body you hadn't realized you'd been holding, and Bell gives you a relieved nod.
>"Thanks for that... I'm not a dancer either, just normally don't have the chops to say no to ponies. Man, I bet the two of us out there would be quite the stumbling sight."

>input action
>>
>>27388401
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.
When I'm dancing, I always feel like everypony is watching me, judging every time I miss a step or stumble. I-it's awful.

So you said you're writing a romance story. What's that one about?
>>
beb
>>
>>27389259
>>
>>27388401
(Insert >>27388437 here but rephrased slightly)

I contributed!
>>
>>27389259
>>
I want Sharpie to insert ONE pen in her pooper
>>
>>27390596
>>
>>27388437
"That's what I was afraid of. When I'm dancing I always feel like everypony's watching me. Judging me. Every time I miss a step and stumble, the mares laughing across the club are suddenly doing it at me. I-It's awful..."
>You moan, Bell nodding,
"S-ah-So to get off the topic of being social, you said you're writing a romance story? What's it about?"
>His eyes light up and he starts gesticulating as he talks, patting the table in one spot and another, adding to his speech with motion.
>"Oh! It's about a mare named Midnight Stroke and a stallion named Esther Mon. It's a serial as I said, I try to keep it slice-of-lifey, but throw in adventure every few issues. Esther's a scientist, bit of a shut in but friendly to all. His parents were both farmers, and really surprised to see him go so far. He grew up in Coltveltica, where the story's set. It's a small village within a few days ride of Canterlot and close to the Everfree. He got his training in an apprenticeship and took an exam in Canterlot to get his degrees in botany and biology. Midnight is a clockmaker, and a night owl, bit of a party mare. She grew up in Canterlot and moved out here recently in the story's timeframe. In Canterlot she learned clockmaking from her mother Quarter To, which she now excels in and specializes in magiclly enchanted clocks (which have gotten the two into trouble more than a few times)."
>He says with a wink.
>"So the story begins with them meeting at a town hall, called together by their mayor to discuss and vote some bureaucrat thing I never elabourated on. The two sit down next to each other and ignore the whole debate or whatever and have a conversation about a certain plant they're both interested in (Esther for botanical reasons, Midnight for use in one of her clocks). The two both set out to find it later that day and end up bumping into each other. That's where the first issue leaves off and it snowballs from there!"
>He finishes, beaming proudly.

>input action
>>
>>27392972
Ooh, that sounds like an interesting premise. Where can I read your stuff?
>>
>>27392972
Have you thought of a title yet?
>>
>>27392972
Wow, that sounds pretty good Bell.
And now we're thinking about enchanted clocks that only use even numbers.
>>
>>27392972
That sounds really neat! My roommate loves those romantic radio shows like that.
>>
>>27394250
>>
>>27393025
>>27393131
>>27394770
>>27394780
>You wish you knew that Midnight mare, maybe she could make you a clock that only uses even numbers.
>And heck, it's an interesting premise.
"That sounds pretty cool! What's it called?"
>Bell beams,
>"It's called 'A Night on the Town,' which at some point I might change. It's turned out longer than I intended it to go."
>You nod,
"So where can I pick it up? My roommate is big into romance stuff, and reading with her sounds like fun!"
>He scratches his neck awkwardly and stammers,
>"O-Oh, n-not many I tell ask. I-Uh, you can pick it up at a couple places arount town, it's a serial so I try to get it out weekly. B-But obviously that's only the most recent story, to catch up I try to put put a collection every so often. If you want to read it I'd suggest asking around for that instead to see if you like it."
>He then blushes a little and turns back to the bar.

>input action
>>
>>27395550
We have run out of conversation topics. Twiddle hooves nervously. Lament our low social skills.
>>
>>27395550
There any writers in the family, or is he the first?
>>
Za bump
>>
>>27395676
>>27395657
>Steadily running out of conversation topics, you scramble to think up a new one.
"A-Any writers in the family, or are you the first?"
>You ask, hoping he'll take it and comtinue but alas,
>"Nope, I'm the first, at least for a generation or two. Feels kinda weird actually, I'm just going it on my own without much close guidance."
>He then stops there, leaving an awkward silence hanging over your section of the bar, like a raincloud showering you with sweat.
>You start fidgeting and looking around nervously, clopping your hooves together.
>In unspoken the social rules, you requested to talk about him and are now running on fumes with which to do so.
>Is he giving you a funny look?
>D-Does he think you're weird?
>After another thirty seconds or so of quiet you burst out in emotion, stuttering and stammering uncontrollably.
"I-I'm sorry, I have no idea how to talk to ponies or keep conversation flowing."
>He chuckles,
>"Oh, you're fine, I was lost in my own thoughts anyway, you didn't need to."
>You let out a heavy sigh of relief, relaxing back and resting your head on your hooves, propped up on the bar.
>After a second or so he starts playing with one of his ears, tugging it lightly and looking down towards the floor.
>"S-So, uh, w-what's your address?"
>He quickly looks up in a panic and starts waving his hooves,
>"N-Not address, not address! I-Uh-Phone number! F-For your phone! S-So I can call! I-In case we want to hang out some other time or something. Y-Yeah that."
>He finishes, bopping himself on the forehead.

>input action
>>
>>27397396
Hey, a pony asked for our phone number, and we didn't scare him off somehow!

Give it to him, of course
>>
>>27397396
Hey, we made a friend! On our own! Without lying or running away!
Get his number too.
>>
>>27397396
Twitch is screaming in our head that we should keep contacts to a minimum.
The more ponies that know our address is more ponies that could find out about our job.

Both Sharpie and Twitch should miss the obvious romantic association and give him the number once they stop freaking out about the address thing.
>>
>>27397525
>address
Number, anon.
>>
>>27397525
>>27397456
>>27397426
>Your eyes light up.
>Your number?
>That means you've made a friend!
>Bonus, he didn't run away or make fun of you (and you didn't run away first).
>You're getting good at this Sharp!
>Something inside is telling you this is a bad idea, that the more ponies who know you, the more likely someone'll find out about your job.
>Which isn't bad in itself, just something you'd rather keep private.
>After you get over this fear, you gladly tell him your number (02-7398) and take his (02-3835), giving you a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside (only slightly dampened by his choice in calling handle).
>Bell wipes his brow after the interaction and steps off his stool,
>"Well, it was great meeting you!"
>He says with an outstretched hoof.
>"Think I'd best be going, aha."
>Behind him, on the dance floor, Tally and Harsh have spun back into view, detaching from their partners and stumbling towards the two of you.

>input action
>>
>>27397708
Nice meeting you too Bell.
Now you might want to hurry before my friends get here and embarrass us both.
>>
>>27397782
You ruined it, dammit!
This same thing happened in Heat.
>>
>>27397708
It was really nice meeting you too. I hope we can meet up again sometime.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 764x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 764x499
>>27397708
>You're getting good at this Sharp!
>>
beb
>>
>>27399216
>>
>>27399216
>>
>>27400486
>>
>>27397805
>>27397744
>You return his shake with a grin and a hoof of your own,
"Great meeting you Bell! I hope we can meet up another time, maybe you could see my roommate!"
>He nods excitedly,
>"Yeah, you too Sharp! And that sounds like fun, if you're available just give me a call! Or I might do."
>He then stands musing, but you shoo him off as Tally and Harsh (And now Willow as well, just leaving the floor), approach.
"Bell? Might want to skedaddle before my friends get here and embarrass us both."
>His eyes widen a little and he nods before stepping out, giving you and your friends a over the shoulder wave.

>Tally and Harsh enter your vicinity first, the dancer with a dumbstruck smile, Tally bearing a shit eating grin.
>You try to lean up against the bar in an effort to look cool to the two of them, still on your new friend high.
>But as your hoof brushes the soft mahogany you feel the polish of the bar and you realize your mistake, it slipping out under your weight almost instantly and sending your shoulder into the wood with a loud thump.
>As you nurse bruised confidence more than anything else, they take seats to the right of you, Tally sandwiched, and order from the bar.
>"-hic-"
>Tally starts eloquently after ordering some cocktail, a shrewdiver you think she called it?
>And with that lead in, she slurs into,
>"S-So's Sharpie, who's that sstallion you were with? He was ki-hic-inda cute."

>input action
>>
>>27401211
Oh that's Bell, he's a writer. I'm thinking of picking up some of his work.
He's writing a romance story right now that you might like.
>>
>>27401211
He's a writer, actually! His stories sound right up both our alleys, I think.
>>
beb
>>
>>27401777
>>
>>27402307
>>
>>27401211
>He was ki-hic-inda cute.
He was? How would I know?
>>
>>27403082
>How would I know
That sounds kind of weird anon.
She didn't ask us if he was cute.
>>
>>27403095
>That sounds kind of weird anon.
Good, that's what I was going for. Sharpie is kind of weird.
>>
>>27403118
Not really. It just sounds stupid, which Sharp isn't.
>>
>>27403120
I was just making a joke about her not seeing anyone romantically. If you don't think it works then I retract it.
>>
>>27403140
I agree with him. Let's not say that.
>>
>>27403140
Your idea a shit famu
>>
beb
>>
>>27404733
>>
>>27405798
>>
>>27363917
>>
>>27407384
>>
>>27404733
>>
>>27401333
>>27401312
"Bell, he's a writer. I'm thinking of picking up some of his work actually, he's writing a romance story I'd think you'd be interested in!"
>You say excitedly, Tally nodding along.
>"Well thas great! I hope we get to... Do some of his reading in the future."
>She says as the bartender gives her her drink and she greedily glugs it down.
>To her surprise, Willow comes up from behind and almost slaps it from her hooves, picking it out of her grasp and placing it onto the bar in front of her.
>"Slow down there pussycat."
>She says with a wink to a now pouting Tally.
>After about a minute or so of conversation across you with Tally, Willow gives you a nudge,
>"So how was he?"
>She asks with eagerness, and you shoot back that you,
"Got his number!"
>She grins with prideful joy and claps you on the back.
>"Good girl! Didn't know you had it in you, shame he had to head out. But speaking of heading out, I was thinking of doing the same if we're all done here..."

>continued

In case anyone wanted to talk to Willow for longer, there'll be an oppurtunity soon enough.
>>
>>27409126
>And with nods all around everyone stands to leave.
>Goodbyes are had and the group parts, leaving you with a smashed Tally to lead home.
>So here you're left with a dilemma.
>You have the option of taking the short route home or a longer one.
>The short route goes by the theatre, but is as one would think, short.
>The longer route bypasses the theatre, but would send you through a shadier part of town.
>Of course you could bypass both with an even longer route, but that way would shave a little off what little shut-eye you'll be getting tonight (which you want every bit of for meeting Ms. Twilight).
>So, which route is it going to be?

>input action
>>
>>27409140
I really can't imagine anyone still being near the theater at this point.
I mean presumably it's been closed and empty for hours.
>>
>>27409126
>spoiler
Nah, I'm good. Almost every time we've talked to Willow, she's involved us in or otherwise talked about her personal drama. I don't care much for those kind of people.
Go by the theatre.
>>
>>27411006
>>
>>27411615
>>
>>27412507
>>
>>27413253
>>
>>27414103
>>
>>27415034
>>
>>27415060
>>
>>27415578
>>
>>27416491
>>
>>27416965
>>
>>27409244
>>27410013
>You decide the theatre to be the safest course of action, leading princess Tally through the streets back home.
>She has the grace of a whale, the tongue of a sailor and the poise of a hunchback in this state, listing back and forth across the street and crudely babbling about a unicorn named Capricorn.
>But, with only minor difficulty, you get her past the empty theatre and back home, no tail in sight.
>The arrival home is rather uneventful, both of you just stumble straight into bed.
>As you snuggle up you do notice Tally keeping an extra firm grip on you tonight, but chalk it up to her not knowing her own strength.

>Morning swiftly arrives to waken you with the symphonic noises of birds tweeting silly songs and the equally ear-pleasing noises of regurgitation.
>Your first thought is of Tally's absence from bed, then shortly hear some telling groans from the bathroom.

>input action

Had some internet problems. Sorry!
>>
>>27417952
Oh dear.
Lets go make sure she's alright.
Maybe hold her mane so it doesn't get messy.
>>
>>27417952
Should I get you some water, Tally?
>>
>>27417952
Be thankful we chose not to drink last night and try to help Tally through her hangover briefly before heading into work.
We still need to nab that file from Kis.
>>
>>27418019
>>27418891
>>27419274
>As you step put of bed, you notice a strange spot of matted fur on your thigh, but it goes away with some brushing.
>You then worriedly trot into the bathroom and plop down next to your roomie, giving her a sideways hug.
>"H-Hey Sharp."
>She mumbles miserably.
>"S-Stupid."
>She says to herself with a shake of the head.
"Aw, you aren't stupid!"
>You say in reassurance,
"Just got a little carried away, it happens to everyone! You know what happens to me when I go overboard..."
>She nods dejectedly, then geabs her stomach,
>"O-Oh Celest—"
>You quickly scoot behind her and grab her mane as she dips her head into the toilet.
>In an effort to be polite, you turn away while she relieves herself.
>Once she's finished, you stroke her back lightly and grab her a glass of water, which she swishes and spits before thanking you.
>"Least I got a few hours before work..."
>She moans, and you give her a wink and a smile.
"Well, I do have to get out of here. I'd stay and help if I could, but I've got something pretty urgent to complete."
>She nods and gives a weak smile,
>"Have a good day Sharpie!"
>Before turning back to the toilet and spitting into it.

>It's a rather sunny day today.
>Cheery, happy.
>A good day for betrayal.
>Not that it's your choice, but you still feel like shit about it.
>You arrive in The Laugh and head to the back, looking around for any ponies.
>Kis is in Providence's office, the two talking.
>In addition, there's a stallion you don't know napping on the stairs and a mare who gives a curt smile as your view passes over her.

>input action
>>
>>27419803
I'd rather do it when Kis is gone entirely, rather than in the next room.
>>
>>27419803
B but horsies can't puke.

Kis always destroys all evidence, I wonder if she throwed away the garbage of that paper machine
it could be a good place to start looking
>>
>>27419946
The folder we're looking for says "work" on it so I imagine it is still something she is actively using, not something she has destroyed already. You really want to do this while she's in the next room? We don't even have any place to hide it if she walks in.
>>
>>27420235
I really don't think it's ideal. What if we don't get another chance though? She never left her office all day yesterday. only thing I can think of is to let ourself in and casually look through the stuff on her desk, then sit there and talk to her about the stallion who was following us yesterday.

Is there something we can do to get her out of her office?
>>
>>27420515
Well I DEFINITELY don't want to attempt it while she's still in the office. I guess we might as well try while she's in the next room, as long as we can be quick about it.

Worst case scenario, IF she comes back and catches us AND we already picked up the folder AND we can't hide it, we can just feign ignorance and say "your boss asked me to pick this folder up to save you the trouble of delivering it to him".
>>
>>27421061
Sure. Come mostly clean.
>>
>>27421202
>>27421061
Let's hope it doesn't come to that, because I don't think Drachma wants Kis to know.

I fear what he might do to Sharp if she spills the beans like that
>>
>>27422401
I hope it doesn't either. But if we get caught, I don't see many better options.
>>
beb
>>
>>27424026
>>
>>27420235
>>27420515
>>27421061
>You trot over to Kis's office door and take a deep breath.
>With a bad taste in your mouth, you step through as the door clicks open.
>Calmly and to not attract any attention, you step behind her desk and inspect her drawers.
>You've got her desk itself, consisting of one small drawer over the seat, and two larger drawers to either side.
>On top of the desk is an inbox and an outbox, the inbox holding a rather large stack of papers, the outbox a much smaller one.
>On the desk right now is a handwritten report of a job, describing an unfortunate shipping accident concerning valuable magical potion ingredients and the insurance money soon to be claimed off it.
>Underneath are a few more papers, but you can't see them without removing the first report.
>Behind her desk is a large filing cabinet, holding nine drawers.
>The two of the bottom are unlabled, but the top three are labeled in order "Archives 1" through 3.
>The middle bears the titles of "Live," "Planning," and "Profiles."
>Only one of the bottom is labeled, menacingly called "Failsafe."

>input action
>>
>>27425435
Check desk drawers. if what Drachma said was completely accurate, it should be in a packet, not a file.
>>
>>27425435
No dice.
We need to find the one called labeled "work".
>>
>>27425775
Oh wait, misread that.
She'd probably keep a packet in a drawer instead of a file cabinet.
>>
>>27425435
Probably 'Live'
>>
>>27425435
Check drawers, if you cant find anything, you should probably leave.
>>
>>27427389
I'll go with this.
>>
>>27427389
This. No taking chances with anything. Drachma said it would be labeled Work, so we're not taking anything labeled anything else.
>>
>>27425515
>>27425804
>>27427389
>>27427401
>You decide to check the drawers, thinking it's the most obvious place to hide a folder.
>Panicking and grunting under the weight of guilt, you start with the right three drawers of her desk, hastily opening them and rifling through.
>There's a safety seal taped inside the outer edge of the bottom one, but it looks like it was broken before you got there.
>In the drawers you find a lot of papers, a pistol, a lighter and a flask, a leather bag with what sounds like glass inside and a few folders, none of which have the word "Work" on them.
>In the left drawers you find more papers and a radio looking device, but with more channels than you've ever seen on a normal one.
>But again, no Work folder.
>Your hooves are shaking as you look back and forth between the file cabinet and the middle drawer, debating between opening one or bailing out into the lobby.

>input action
>>
>>27427534
Shit. Middle drawer, then we gotta go.
>>
>>27427534
Without knowing what is actually in the folder or how Kis organizes things we have no way of knowing which is more likely. Drawer, I guess?
>>
>>27427630
>>27427669
>Putting your faith in blind luck, you decide on the middle drawer, yanking it open and running your eyes across its contents.
>Papers, photos, notebook, but no folder.
>You start hyperventilating as you continue looking through, becoming increasingly worried with each passing second.
>Millenia are passing by as you search, eons gone in the blink of an eye.
>But under a small stack of papers abor Verte, you finally find it, "Work."
>You sigh with relief as you reach for it, then stop in fright as you hear the opposite office door click open.
>"I'll think about it!"
>Kis says happily to her sister while walking out, the sound of her hoofsteps echoing in your head like cannons.

>input action
>>
>>27427761
Okay, if we just run out she'll see us and wonder what we were doing. Do we have any bag on us we could put it in? And clothing we could slip it under? Do we still have our file on our character on us? Could we put it inside that? Just find a way to hide it, then sit down on a chair and pretend we were just waiting for Kis so she doesn't wonder what we were doing in her office.
>>
>>27427761
Fuck. If she sees us in here alone, chances are she'll lock her office every time she leaves it from here on.

Fucking, I don't know. Grab it and put it in our saddlebag, close the cabinet, and take a seat. Quickly, but then look casual for her entrance.
>>
>>27427813
Sharpie has a saddlebag.
>>
>>27427859
In it fucking goes, then. Close the drawers quietly, put everything back how it was originally, and sit.
>>
>>27427874
This.
>>
>>27427761
Play the cute innocent mare.
Sit in her place and say
>"Hey Kis I thought you were busy so I waited here on your seat, I wanted to talk about my last job with Twily and refine the details to know I was 100% ready.
>>
>>27427931
But we actually need to talk about something important. You know, the stallion who was following us?
>>
>>27427947
Ohh shit you're right
Then we could talk about that.

"Hey Kis I thought you were busy so I waited here on your seat, I wanted to talk about an incident, I think they are on my tail Kis, the other day I went to the Theatre with a couple of friends and two stallions were following us, my friends didn't noticed but these ponies were on us the whole time, I'm not sure if they pinned down my adress or even this location.
>>
>>27428016
Our look of distress should work nicely in making it seem like we're worried about the stallion tailing us.
>>
>>27428111
Stallions. There were two.
>>
>>27427813
>>27427817
>>27427874
>>27427884
>>27427931
>>27428016
>>27428111
>You quickly throw the folder into your saddlebag and shut the drawer, still hyperventilating.
>With a deep breath, you will yourself stop and slow your breathing to something less suspicious, your heart slowing with it.
>The cannons outside continue their onslaught, and in slow motion you take a seat in Kis's seat and stare towards her door, drawing a hoof down the front of your chest.
"Celestia save me..."
>You say under your breath as it opens.
>The door slides open and the little earth pony slips through, jumping back and hitting her head on the wall when she spots you in her seat.
>"S-Sharpshit-T-Twitch?"
>She says in fright,
>"W-Why are you in my office?"
>With all the effort you can muster, you channel your distress into speech, keeping just the slightest edge of fright in your voice.
"I thought you were busy, so I waited here on your seat. I-I wanted to talk about an incident, I think I'm getting followed Kis. The other day I went to the theatre with a couple of friends, two stallions were following us. My friends didn't notice, but these guys were on us the whole night, or trying. I don't know if they have my address or this location, but it still makes me nervous."
>At this, Kis seems slightly more relieved.
>"Oh... O-Oh, alright."
>She takes a seat and rubs her head.
>"S-Sorry just a little jumpy. And tails you say? That's bad, but nothing we can't deal with. Give me a description. Also, is there anything you want me to do, or are you just looking for advice?"

>input action

Whup.
>>
>>27428233

There were two of them, an older stallion with a black coat, grey mane, and spark cutie mark, and a blue stallion with an aqua mane. I couldn't get his cutie mark. I haven't seen them before, but they didn't stop staring at me the whole night.

I'm not absolutely sure they were following me, but it made me really uncomfortable and I need advice.
>>
>>27428252
"There were two of them, an older stallion with a black coat, grey mane, and spark cutie mark, and a blue stallion with an aqua mane. I couldn't get his cutie mark. I haven't seen them before, but they didn't stop staring at me the whole night. I-I don't know if they were following me but it made me really uncomfortable and I need advice."
>You try not to think about the folder burning a hole in your saddlebag and fuel that fidgety energy into Twitch's nervousness, rightfully so.
>Kis nods, now looking quite serene,
>"Alright, I'll keep an eye out for them. So, would you be looking to go on the offensive against them, or defensive? I'd prefer offensive myself, they know who you are and the only way to get them to stop is to scare them off or get rid of them another way, otherwise you're just playing cat and mouse. But if you're looking to take a more passive stance against them, wear your hair differently, put on clothes, dark glasses. I know you've got all of those in your closet, so it shouldn't be hard to put them together. If it gets really bad, I can set you up in a safehouse and keep you there for a month or so. How would that sound?"
>Before you can answer, she holds up a hoof,
>"And I particularly would prefer you to go on the offensive here. Any information about others keeping tabs on us as an organization is incredibly important, and this is a valuable opportunity. And remember, I could certainly make it worth your while if you take that route."
>She finishes with a wink and moves to open one of her drawers, then realizes she's on the wrong side of the table.

>input action
>>
>>27428233
Well, advice first. I want to know what they're after before doing anything else.

>>27428252
I hope they were following us, and not Tally.
If someone was after Tally we wouldn't even know why.
>>
>>27428415
I think defensive, then we calmly excuse ourselves to put the folder somewhere safe.

Mostly cause she just went to open one of her drawers, and I want to be out of here right now before she finds out the folder is missing and puts 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>27428415
>make it worth your while
Lets hear more before we decide.
>>
>>27428457
This. Because of the exact thing you just said.
>>
>>27428457
>>27428605
"I'd think a more defensive plan of action..."
>You say, tapping the table nervously.
>She nods and stands up
>"Okie-dokie, defensive is it? I can provide a disguise kit for you, and the keys to a nearby safehouse for you to hole up in if you start getting nervous about them. And in terms of advice? I'm much more of one to take problems head on, but I can understand if you feel otherwise. In terms of evasion, always remember you're one step ahead of your pursuers, they have to react to what you do. This gives you a pretty distinct advantage, especially if you can put ground between you and them. Up close, they've got the upper hoof. Would you like a weapon of some sort? I can provide a knife or something like it for your own protection, in case you'd like that."
>She moves towards the desk and stands beside you, clapping you on the shoulder and smiling a little.
>"I always wanted to be a businessmare, you know that? Sitting there just makes me feel... Important. Needed. You get the same feeling?"

>input action
>>
>>27428749
Yeah, I kinda felt that way with the grocery store before things started to fall apart.
>>
>>27428749
I guess, maybe a little bit. Sorry if I'm taking your seat, I guess I wanted to see what it felt like to be on the other side of the table
>>
>>27428749
"Yes. >>27428799. >>27428800. Okay, gotta go now. May e I'll take a more offensive approach after this current big job, but there's just too much to worry about right now. Okay, bye."
>>
>>27428830
>>27428800
>>27428799
"Kinda felt the same way before my store fell apart."
>You say wistfully, playing with your braid to stave off nervousness.
"B-But I'm sorry if I'm taking your seat, guess I wanted to see what it was like on the other side."
>Kis shrugs,
>"I kinda mind, but it's not the worst thing in the world."
>You blush a little and quickly exit, leaving it to her.
"S-Sorry, just have a lot on my mind right now."
>You say with embarrassment.
>"Aw, I understand honey. Just don't let it get to you. Things'll settle soon, they always do."
"B-Bye!"
>You say,
"T-Thanks Kis!"
>You say quickly, and she leaves you with a wave as you enter the lobby, having just pulled the heist of your life.

>input action
>>
>>27428995
Alright. Do we have time to stop at home before the bar? If so, then go.

Two down, one to go.
>>
File: 2sad.jpg (112 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2sad.jpg
112 KB, 640x480
>>27428995
This is the last nice thing she will ever say to us after this is over
>>
File: Everything sucks.gif (370 KB, 580x420) Image search: [Google]
Everything sucks.gif
370 KB, 580x420
>>27429118
Oh.
>>
>>27428995
Go home and cry
>>
>>27428995
How soon can we get this to Drachma?
>>
>>27428995
Lets inspect what we just stole. It might help us get an idea of what will happen to her if we go through with this
>>
>>27429334
I wasn't sure about it, but sure. Once we get home, yeah. Tally's at work anyway.
>>
>>27429334
Nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononoonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononoononoonoonoononnnonoonoonoonnnonononoonononononononononononono

No
>>
>>27429334
Sure, so long as we can look without making it obvious we looked.
>>
>>27429334
God, no. Drachma didn't say look at it, so we won't.
>>
>>27429381
He didn't say not to either.
>>
>>27429334
We can't look at it no matter what.
>>
>>27429334
>It might help us get an idea of what will happen to her if we go through with this.
If we don't go through with this then Drachma is displeased. That means we go through with it. Whatever is in the file, all it could possibly do is weaken our resolve, and we really don't need that.
>>
>>27429348
>>27429398
Do you have actual reasons?
>>
>>27429415
Because you don't look at info the boss wants. That makes you a loose end.

Are you dumb?
>>
>>27429388
You don't get ahead in the mob by sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong. He wanted this done covertly, implying that he didn't want people to know about it. If even we don't know about it, even better. If you really want to know what's in there, ask Drachma when we deliver it, but I would recommend against even that.
>>
>>27429428
So he's psychic now?
>>
>>27429435
No, but its better to not know.

This might just be a test of Twitch's loyalty.
In any case, it's NONE of our business and will only get in the way of the job.
>>
>>27429415
Because of what >>27429428 said, only without the insult. Also what >>27429430
and >>27429409 said.

Please don't make us look in the file, anon. This is a really bad idea.
>>
>>27429458
>it's NONE of our business
Of course it's our business. We took the damn thing from someone we're supposed to be on the level with.
I want to know what we're doing to her.
>>
>>27429482
No, this is stupid and you're stupid.
I'm not letting Sharp get killed by your insanity.
>>
>>27429482
We're going to be doing it to her regardless of what it is, because Drachma is making us. We'll find out when we deliver it. Opening it early is an absolutely HORRIBLE idea, anon.
>>
>>27429482
I understand your reason for thinking that, and honestly I really feel bad about what we're doing to kis too. But we absolutely cannot open this file. It's a bad idea.
>>
>>27429492
Fuck. Off. It's literally just looking. That's it.
If we can't without it being apparent then fine, but otherwise you're being ridiculous.
>>
>>27429492
Sharp will not be killed by reading the file.

It's not sealed, there is absolutely 0 way he can find out we did so.
>>
>>27429522
It is disloyal to our employer, and worrying about it being obvious that we had looked was not one of the objections to your plan.
>>
>>27429524
>there is absolutely 0 way he can find out we did so
Again, not the issue here. Not the objection. Pointing out that nobody would know is not going to convince any of us. Please don't press this anon. Listen to us, for god's sake. This will come back to bite us in the ass.
>>
>>27429540
>It is disloyal to our employer
You mean the guy who blatantly works behind the backs of others?
Not the sort of person you give the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>27429555
If getting caught is not the objection, then how is it going to get us killed?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.