[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA - Just Another Day Ch. 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4
File: JaD0.png (289 KB, 1000x1248) Image search: [Google]
JaD0.png
289 KB, 1000x1248
>Ponyville seems to be a hotbed of excitement these days. Between the dragons roosting in the mountains, horrid monsters wandering out from the Everfree Forest, ancient ruins discovered deep in the earth, and the ever-presenting of all-out war between the Equestrians and the Gryphons, it seems like everypony looking for fame or fortune is flocking to this town.
>It is an age of knights, adventurers, dark magics, and destined heroes.
>You are none of these things.
>Your name is Pot Luck, and you just want to run your inn and tavern, the Sword and Board.
>You've managed to convince Tom to steer his clan away from petty thievery and to a more productive and prosperous model of economics. As promised, Wispy was returned to you and you're allowed to return to your inn.
>Unfortunately, the pleasantries of everyday routine didn't even last the night, when you were awoken to discover that Zuri appears to have stabbed Sundance during the night.

Archives: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/anotherday

Characters: http://pastebin.com/RVB0Hjqp

Inn floorplan: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fouKOvZLar5QZ4zOwmvnXA1hcPZ5UIBXNuy8RN0oFME/edit?usp=sharing

List of Supplies and Upgrades: http://pastebin.com/WgG9utrB

Finances: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YTLZkq_pXLE_QWo5srNBJThwC7dr25PBJcjbCHX8_4/edit

Special thanks as always to our artist.

>You've helped moved Sundance over to her bed, where she can at least rest while the two of you wait for the healer to arrive. Though you're no physician yourself, Sundance's condition doesn't appear to be life-threatening at the moment. At least as long as she doesn't strain herself.
>"So...do you think I should just punch Longshot when he returns? Or should I break one of his limbs?" Sundance remarks.

Input action or wait for the healer?
>>
>>25568730
>If you really wanted him to feel it, you'd threaten his crossbow.
Joke aside, ask if she has any idea why Zuri would do such a thing.
>>
>>25568767
This sounds good, threaten the bow.
>>
>>25568767
>>25568730
Yeah, while I totally side with Sunny on this, Zuri didn't seem to be one to murder ponies in their sleep.
>>
>>25568730
Let's do this! Just tell him you are disappointed in him, words cut deeper the swords
>>
What would each character do if we gave them a cardboard tank?
>>
>>25568795
It looks like she got emotional because she stabbed her with a none weapon.
>>
>>25568805
The penis mightier than the sword after all.
Especially Pot's.
Actually, tell Zuri that too.
>>
>>25568805
Jesus you sound like a fag.

>>25568730
I think more brain damage might lead to more screw ups. I think the obvious solution is like >>25568767
said and break his bow.
>>
>>25568826
Are you saying we should rape Zuri for stabbing hueghorse?
>>
>>25569117
We should tell her we're disappointed in her.
With a talking penis
>>
>>25568767
>>25568805
>>25568795

>You hope that this is just her brand of humour perking up, so you take it as a good sign for the time being.
"Let's...uh, try to refrain from any more violence," you reply with a nervous chuckle. "I'm sure Longshot didn't know this was going to happen. I don't think any of us really saw that coming. Maybe we should just, like, give him a strongly-worded letter of disapproval."
>"By the gods, I hate zebras..." Sundance murmurs under her breath.
"I...uh, don't suppose you have any idea why she would suddenly attack you, would you?" you ask a bit nervously. This is, after all, treading on the uncomfortable grounds of Sundance's past.
>"Specifically? No idea. I've killed a lot of zebras in the past, though...could be related to any one of those," Sundance answers. She tries to give a shrug, but winces and groans when she tries to lift the injured side.

Input action?
>>
>>25569193
Do we have anything that could lessen the pain? Alcohol will thin the blood, so something else...
>>
>>25569193
So what exactly happened here? Did you wake up to a knife in you or did that happen as a result of a scuffle?
>>
>>25569223
Nope, I say just wait for the doc and when shes good talk to zuri.
>>
>>25569257
I do want to interrogate the Ziggress
>>
>>25569193
Longshot's going to have some serious explaining to do the next time we see him.
>>
>>25569193
So what happened in your past that required you killing zerbahs?
>>
>>25569346
Soldier.
>>
>>25569346
She was in the griffon military and they fought the zebras.
>>
>>25569346
Learned this through Longtail after drinking ourselves to a stupor. Probably raped raw too, but not confirmed about that.
>>
>>25569346
She was a soldier in the Griffon army, though she doesn't know we know that.

She then got captured, taken as a slave and likely repeatedly raped, though that's speculation from a Griffon that served with her.
>>
JADanon returns! Let us drink many drinks and feast a merry feast to celebrate!
>>
>>25569401
>>25569393
>>25569379

Yeah but I want to hear it from her, she knows all kinds of stuff we missed and I think we bonded somewhat for her to tell us.
>>
>>25569346
>>25569472

>You already have a general idea as to why and how Sundance and zebras got intertwined, but it was all second-hand information from others. You've never heard Sundance's actually talk about it, and you're still a little nervous about asking.
>Plus she doesn't know that you know, and you don't want to give her the impression that you're skulking behind her back about these things. It might seem...rude.
"Was...that from adventuring business or...?"
>"No. Long before that. I served in a Gryphon Auxiliary Regiment, and we were deployed to the Wildlands. Spent a long time there doing...unpleasant things."
>You sense she's still hiding herself, so you decide to let it go for now. She was uncomfortable enough with a knife in her, you didn't want to add to that.
>Besides, it's just then that Qasim arrives. He grimaces slightly at the sight of the wounded Sundance, but you get the feeling this is far from the worst thing he's seen from her.
>"Good heavens...can you not go a week without something new?" he remarks. He's carrying a large bag with him that he sets down as he saddles up alongside the pegasus to get to work. "Is that a dinner knife? Can you not even eat a meal without getting into a fight?"
>"What can I say...dinner was boring," Sundance remarks.
>"Doens't look too bad. Just try not to move," the gryphon replies before rummaging through his bag. It looks like Sundance is in good hooves...er, talons.

Input action?
>>
>>25569627
Maybe now would be a good time to check on Zuri. We need to ask her some questions
>>
>>25569627
"I'm going to pay a visit to Zuri, I hope you feel better soon"
>>
>>25569627
>>25569637
>>25569652
Zebra questioning time.
>>
>>25569671
>>25569627
interrogate zigger
>>
>>25569637
Ask whoever was guarding her if she has said anything
>>
>>25569637
>>25569671
>>25569700

>With Sundance now in better care, you feel secure enough to go check on your other guest. You head down the hall and find Airy and Zuri sitting quietly in one of the other rooms. Airy sits by the door with her spear in hand, eyeing the zebra on the other side of the room with great caution. It's probably unnecessary, you figure, since if Zuri had been a proper assassin, she wouldn't have tried to kill Sundance with a dinner knife of all things.
>"How's Sundance?" Airy asks upon your entry.
"She's fine. Qasim is look after her right now," you answer. "May I speak with Zuri...alone?"
>"If you insist," she replies, seemingly indifferently. "Just scream like a filly if you get into trouble...so...scream normally I guess."
"Ha...funny," you smirk back.
>Airy steps back into the hallway, closing the door behind her. Now it's just you and Zuri. You notice that she's looking more guilty than anything, like a filly that's been caught with her hoof in the cookie jar. Not quite what you expect from somebody who tried to kill another.
"Why?" you ask, plain and to the point.
>"I tried," Zuri answers. "I tried for so long to forget about her. To let all that hate and anger go...and when I finally do, when I'm finally able to get away from it all and move on with my life...there she is. She still doesn't even recognize me, does she? She kills my family and leaves me for dead, and she doesn't even realize who I am..."

Input action.
>>
>>25568730
FORZA NAPOLI!!!
>>
File: S.S.C._Napoli_logo.svg.png (266 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
S.S.C._Napoli_logo.svg.png
266 KB, 2000x2000
>>25570034
>>
>>25570027
"i'm sorry you had to relive those things being near sundance"
>>
>>25570027
So she almost got killed and then joined up with some bad pones and tried to escape? My guess.
>>
>>25570027
Your family is just a drop in the bucket for Sundance. I bet she's killed thousands of zebras (among other things). Can't blame her, not if this is what zebras are. Just inhumane bloodthirsty warmongers. That's all I've heard.
>>
>>25570069
Yeah no. This is a bitch and she tried to hurt Sundance. We give her the cold shoulder.

"You should be happy she doesn't remember you, or there's nothing I could do to keep you safe."
>>
>>25570027
The pregnant thing, was that even real?
>>
>>25570027
She was in the military, killing ponies was what she did. I don't remember every sandwich I make.
>>
>>25570069
Adding on: "You hate her for what she did, but she hates Zebras too for what they did to her. Staying angry isn't going to help either of you, and tonight would have been a lot worse because of it."
>>
>>25570223

This
>>
>>25570223
Agreed
>>
>>25570223
>would have been

The only way it would have been worse is if we would have to call the cleaing crew. I mean, Sunny would have just taken care of this little shitstain but calling them over in the middle of the night sounds like a hassle and do you have any idea how badly blood stains wood?
>>
>>25570027
Wonder how Sundance would feel about that. Leave the job unfinished and it comes back to bite you in the ass. Double-tap nigga.
>>
>>25570338
If she was young enough Sundance might have left her intentionally. Less 'Double-tap' and more "Make sure no one's left alive to pursue revenge".
>>
>>25570361
Guess it'll only reinforce the no survivors policy. Actually, I wonder why Zuri wasn't already a splatter by the time anyone got to her room.
>>
>>25570387
An injury in the area Innkeeper mentioned could weaken both forelimbs, the affected side significantly more so. Tons of crisscrossing nerves and muscles. Zuri would have died, just a lot quicker if she hadn't buried that knife there.
>>
>>25570223
Sometimes, revenge only makes you feel worse. And it won't return what she's lost.
>>
>>25570516
We should say that to sunny as well
>>
>>25570541
Are you kidding me? Sunny just get brutally attacked by someone who brutally attacked her before.

Sunny did NOTHING wrong here, and we're going to make her 'learn a lesson'? Bullshit.
>>
>>25570069
>>25570128
>>25570223

"I thought your family was killed by that...death...spirit thingie."
>"Yes. That is what Sundance was called in her later years. For a...slave to earn such recognition was unheard of. She had her freedom...she didn't need to come back just to kill so many..."
"I'm sorry that you went through all that," you answer with a tired sigh. "You hate her for what she did, and she hates zebras for what they did. Staying angry isn't going to help either of you, and this night could've ended a whole lot worse for both of you. I mean, is that what you do while...I mean, is the pregnancy thing true?"
>Zuri nods. "Living for this child is all I have at this point," she replies. "I wanted to let go of the past but...how can I? My brothers...they were children."
>"Were mine ever given any such mercy?" Sundance's voice cut in. You and Zuri glance over to the door to see the pegasus standing there with Qasim trying to pull her back towards the other room. "What your father did to me was monstrous, Zuri. It shouldn't surprise anyone that you got a monster in return."

Input action.
>>
>>25570541
Maybe if she ever said she wanted to get revenge. Otherwise it's not appropriate.
>>
>>25570027
>>25570598
I wish you'd died there with your family, honestly.
You come into my inn, I provide protection for you, spend time with you, and you repay me by attacking my friend.

I'm not going to hurt you, but the deal I had with your benefactor is done. Get out of my inn.
If Sunny wants to finish the job, I don't care. I'd rather it be off my property though.
>>
>>25570618
This.
>>
>>25570598
I think it's time to step away. This is out of our hooves and is between them.
>>
>>25570618
Wow, that's cold hearted. Also a bit out of character. We agreed to help despite the potential danger so I don't think we should just kick her to the curb, especially since it's likely to be a death sentence. We're going to have to be a lot stricter while she's here.
>>
>>25570686
Maybe cut the last line, but I think Pot values his Friends more than just letting their attackers stay in his inn protected.

At the very least I want to renegotiate the deal with Longshot. This isn't worth what he's paying anymore.
>>
>>25570598
You had children
>>
>>25570618
I dunno about this, maybe not so harsh.
>>25570713
Agreeable. Sunny and Longshot are friends too aren't they? He'd probably understand.
>>
>>25570618
>>25570686
>>25570713
I'd say leave it up to Sundance. This is between the two of them. If Sudance doesn't want to kill her she can stay. With Airy as a guard outside.

>>25570598
"What do you mean, yours?"
>>
As bad as this is, I don't see Pot kicking her out or letting Sundance kill her. I vote that we do keep her here, just under strict rules
She can't leave her room and either Airy or us deliver her food. Keep her separated from Sundance and Wispy
>>
Maybe this.

>Can someone go get Longshot.
>I'm renegotiating the deal.
>What he's paying isn't worth protecting a Zebra who will attack my friends and customers despite the stellar treatment I've provided for her and the security precautions I've taken.
>I did a lot for you Zuri. Even Sundance here helped keep you safe.
>I'm glad to see you repay such kindness with this.

Thus guilting Zuri and showing that we're on Sunny's side while not going too far overboard.
>>
>>25570598
So Sundance got freedom and got revenge
>>
>>25570686
>>25570743

Agreed with these.
>>
Oh. Same anon as >>25570849 .

>>25570771
>>25570799

These are also good.
>>
>>25570598
>My brothers...they were children."
>>"Were mine ever given any such mercy?

So either Sunny had kid's via rape who were then killed, or her brothers were killed...

fug
>>
>>25570886
The feels are killing me
>>
>>25570686
>>25570728
>>25570735
>>25570743
>>25570771
>>25570799

>You wish there was a clear answer out of this. As tempting as it is to just throw Zuri out, which you'd normally do if you had one guest attack another, but Longshot asked you to do this...and you don't want to sour your relations with him. If only he was here to talk this with.
>Your definitely renegotiating the compensation when this is over.
>For now, though, you still have a job to do and you'd prefer to see it through. But you're not the only one this decision affects.
"What do you think we should with her, Sundance?" you ask.
>"It's your inn, Pot. Just keep her away from me," Sundance replies.
>Eventually, Qasim's nudging finally gets the pegasus to return to her chambers so she can get her injury properly tended to.
"We kept you safe, Zuri...even Sundance. If you want to prove that you can do better than the people you left, I suggest you start here with Sundance," you warn the zebra. "Until the job's done, you'll stay here and you'll deal with Airy. Another incident like this and I'll throw you to those thugs myself."
>Zuri doesn't say anything, but you get the impression its silent compliance. You decide to let her stew in her guilt for now and you return to check in on Sundance. She's back on the bed with Qasim stitching up the wound.
"Soooo..."
>"Yes, I had children. Three of them," Sundance answers, clearly anticipating your curiosity. "Only the oldest is still alive. He's probably around Zuri's age by now...wherever he is."

Input action.
>>
>>25571267
If you don't want to talk about it don't feel like you have to.
If you need an ear though, I'm here.
>>
>>25571267
>What's his name?
I want to stay away from the topic of his father though. Might still be a touchy subject
>>
>>25571267
>I'm sorry.
>>
>>25571267
Would you like to stay in the other room with a lock
>>
>>25571267
If she wants to talk then let her. Otherwise, probably wouldn't want to pry here.
>>
>>25571267
I can't say I'm not curious about your life, but I won't pry unless you feel like sharing
>>
>>25571281
>>25571332
>>25571400

>You wish your curiosity had been sated by that little bit of information because then you'd be able to turn in for the night and put all this ugly business behind you. But it's not, and you're struggling to keep that curiosity from prying.
"Do you...want to talk about it?"
>"What's there to say? I was a slave...I did a lot of things that weren't of my choosing. Some ponies lived, some ponies died. I made a promise to survive."
"And Zuri's family?"
>"Her father was the tribe's king. I was his favourite for over a decade - his prize from the glorious victory over the gryphon invaders. So I gave him a taste of the things he put me through. And yes, that included dragging his children out and killing them in front of him. It's not something I'm proud of...but hate makes you do crazy things."
"And...what about your oldest? Have you ever tried to look for him?"
>"No. He had a lot of zebra features...but he had my wings. His father, Zuri's father, liked him enough to actually recognize him as a son and took him away to raise him. Son of a tribe king...I'm sure he's fine wherever he is."

Input action.
>>
>>25571628
That can't be an easy thing to live with.

We need to get Airy on guard now, and ask Sunny if she wants the other locked room.
After that lets sleep until we can chew the shit out of Longshot.
He should have told us who this was.

As for Zuri, I'm not very partial to her plight, but I can see most want to keep her.
I say unless Longshot offers us some serious money we send them off elsewhere.
>>
>>25571628
What happened to the other 2?

Please don't say that she killed them.
>>
>>25571628
>Good to hear he's alright...I think.
That's everything settled, for now. Unless someone wants to ask more questions.
Ask if she need's anything else.
>>
>>25571628
Does anyone else want to risk giving her a hug? We might lose our face or a limb but she really needs one right now
>>
>>25571628
How did you get free?
>>
>>25571662
>>25570598 implies they were killed in front of her.
>>
>>25571628
Do you have a bounty
>>
>>25571655

I still want to help Zuri, but I agree Longshot upping our pay (a lot) is the absolute minimum requirement after such a dangerous lie-by-omission.
>>
I know we want Sundance as a waifu, but the more I know the less I want that.
Not that I dislike her, but Pot is a sexual horse, and I feel like Sunny would reject any intimacy, or even worse, feel pressured to give intimacy when she doesn't want to.

Doing that to someone who was repeatedly and systematically raped is abominable.
>>
>>25571655
In Longshot's defence, he would have had no way to find out who she was in the first place. Sundance isn't the kind to be open about her past, and Zuri wouldn't have told him the whole story. She is still his responsibility though.

>>25571669
I'd say we can get away with a friendly shoulder pat. (Use the injured one for comedy)

>>25571695
Maybe let Sunny threaten his crossbow first for good measure.
>>
"I'm...sorry to hear all that. Guess it's good that he's alright, I think..."
>You wish you had something better to say, but that's all that you can think of at this point. Nothing you're going to say will take away all the horrors the pegasus has probably had to endure. Were she not the type to pummel ponies for physical contact, you'd offer a hug...but for now you just manage a very gentle and careful pat on the shoulder.
"How did you get away from them?"
>"Like Zuri said, after several years earning 'respect' as a warrior, I was given enough latitude that escape was easy. Getting away, though, is never the hard part - it's surviving the arid wilderness once you're away. Once you have enough respect, though, you can convince the smaller tribes and villages to lend you a little bit of aid. Over the months I pieced together enough agreements to create a sort of...chain of friendly villages I could use as my travel route back to Imperial territory."
"But you went back for Zuri's father first, right?"
>"First stop on the journey was a larger tribe that still had old grudges. It didn't take much to convince them to let me lead a raid. I let them keep the spoils, and they don't bother me when I leave."
"Did Zuri's tribe pursue you?"
>"They tried. They all failed. Eventually they gave up when their warriors were more scared of me than the masters."
>You nod quietly. The way she talks makes it seem so casual, like she was talking about a shopping trip to the market.
"Do you...need anything?"
>"Don't suppose I could ask for a drink?"

Input action?
>>
>>25571922
We'd be glad to. Ask Qasim if he'd like a cup as well.
>>
>>25571922
Can I get you some milk, wounds and alcohol are bad
>>
>>25571922
>>25571957
True but if she still wants it, let her have it.
>>
>>25571922
I just want to bring this poor mare some happiness. She can't even call her child hers
>>
>>25571922
>>25571957
>>25571988
These.
>>
>>25571988
Warm it up first.
Can we make it chocolate?
>>
>While you're not sure if more drinking is the best solution right now, you're not about to argue with Sundance over this. Things are...okay between the two of you, best not to upset things.
"Sure, I can grab something. Do you want anything Qasim?"
>"Thanks but no thanks. The only thing I'd drink at this hour is a good scotch," the gryphon replies. Using his beak, he snips off the end of a string, putting a finish to the quick stitchwork in Sundance's shoulder. "I think I'm all finished here. Normally I'd say to take it easy for a while and not put any strain on that shoulder, but when have you ever listened to me?"
>"And I'm not about to start either, doc," Sundance replies with a brief, faint smirk.
>You head downstairs and fetch some mead for Sundance. When you return to her room, she's sitting alone on the bed, staring out the nearby window. You clear your throat loudly to announce your arrival and hand her mead.
>"Thank you, Pot," she answers.

Input action?
>>
>>25572151
>You're welcome
Now might be a good time to ask if she wants a lock on her door.
Otherwise, we still need to get some sleep
>>
>>25572151
For what
>>
>>25572168
Agreed also tell her to put some metal on the door so she will always know it's opening
>>
>>25572205
The mead, ask if she would like company or be left alone
>>
>>25572260
Like a bell?
>>
>>25572313
Smart I was thinking of windchimes not as good
>>
....slow day we're having. Where's everyone gone?
>>
>>25572392
Well I just got back from work
>>
>>25572168
>>25572260
>>25572271

"Would you...like me to stay for a bit?"
>Sundance doesn't say anything right away, opting instead to take a drink first. "If that's what you want," she replies.
>You figure you can stay for a little bit. Sundance puts on a stoic front, but just in case if the situation addled her more than she lets on.
"I could...uh, get a lock installed on your door, or maybe you could put something against the door that'll make noise..."
>"I'll figure something out," Sundance answers with an indifferent shrug. She takes another sip. "Having the first child was actually the easiest," she comments out of the blue. "I was still angry...defiant back then. All I wanted was to have that little bastard out of me. I didn't even feel bad when they took him away. All he did was just remind me of everything I hated at the time. The second one, though, my first daughter... they didn't like her. Looked too much like a pony, so they just let me keep her. Figure it'd make me a bit more docile, more compliant. I suppose they were right. She wasn't the reminder of everything I hated...she...became a reminder of everything I wanted to have again - a life...a future."
"What was her name?"
>"Singing Breeze. She was..." she stops suddenly, a deep sigh escaping her lips. "At least she's in a better place now. Somewhere away from this hell..."

Input action?
>>
>>25572412
hmmm~ She we just let her continue?
>>
>>25572412
the third
>>
>>25572412
Just let her talk.

Sad shit like this needs to come out sometimes.
Honestly though, Pot might need a pickme up to keep through it.
>>
>>25572435
I need one as well, breaking my heart this
>>
>>25572412
So her third child was also a daughter. How long did you have her for?
>>
>>25572412
Think we should ask this when she's done
>Am I the only one who knows?
>>
>>25572519
Ask what? Tell us what you know.
>>
>>25572519
Don't know, we could if we also say we won't tell anyone.
>>
>>25572527
The slave life is easy to tell, but I wouldn't have guessed she had children from it too. Specifically ones she was attached to. Her daughter's death probably affects her a great deal,and its not the best thing to keep hidden for so long.
>>
>>25572412
God sunny has had shite life
>Never found love
>Slave
>Raped
>children killed and the only one was raised as someones else
> Butchered tons of pones out of pain
> Lost wing

Good times
> We had a dance party
>>
>>25572586
Agreed though I doubt she was with her a long time. She was slaved for 7 years before terminator broke out.
>>
>>25572590
Now imagine the shite lives other slaves must have had. Or having right now.
Least Sundance has some good times to speak of.
>>
>>25572607
Someone needs to make a spin off of this where we can brutally murder the slavers.
>>
>>25572615
Lets stick to making dosh and pay others to do it for us.
>>
>>25572621
I like how you think anon
>>
>>25572615
Maybe we can work this in by making it a movie, or dream or something.

>Pot and his friends team up to kill Zebra slavers
Quick, think up their roles!
>>
>>25572646
Kek mate
>>
>Part of you wishes that you had brought some mead for yourself, because this is getting more depressing that you were prepared for. It's like every time you think you've heard the worst of it, Sundance reveals another depth of depravity that people have sunk to.
>"My third born...she was taken away from me shortly after she was born. Some...friend of the king liked the way my daughter looked and wanted one of his own. So the king arranged for my second daughter to be a 'gift' to him. Spent quite a few days in the hot box when I...objected."
"The...hot box?" you ask, nervously.
>"Yeah, it's just this little hut made from clay bricks. Just barely enough room for a pony to fit into it. You get disobedient and they toss you in there...and you just sit there baking in the sun. You can imagine there's not much room for a pony like me to fit in there."
"I bet..." you answer, grimacing slightly at the mental picture. "Have you ever talked to anybody else about this?"
>"No. I've come close to that with Longshot but he's too...intimidated to really try asking. Besides, reputations are important in this business; I don't want ponies thinking less of me."
"I take it you're not worried about me then?"
>"Well who cares what you think? You're just an innkeeper." She smirks for a moment, just to let you know that she's pulling your leg. At least her sense of humor is still there. "Honestly, you keep sticking around even though you keep seeing things that would make most ponies walk away. I guess you could say you're a...um...a friend. Still not sure if you're just insane or an idiot for doing so..."

Input action.
>>
>>25572701
Insane one way or another seems to be a job requirement in Ponyville.
>>
>>25572701
"I pick insane, just today to brokered a peace deal between 2 warring factions because I jumped off an armored cart and got captured"
>>
>>25572651
Pot could have a daydream about it

>Pot as the leader
>Sundance as the big girl
>Diamond as the muscle
>Azura as the comic relief
>Ember as the sidekick
>Wispy as the team daughter

>>25572701
Insanity is a requirement if you want to live in Ponyville.
I think Pot should be getting back to bed right about now, if there's nothing else to say.
>>
>>25572732
Azura keeps messing up with everything, just like real life.
>>
>>25572701
I won't leave you any time soon, friends shouldn't let other friends down and help through tough times.

> Give that mare a sincere smile that looks goofy
>>
>>25572725
Last week we worked on a way to bring changelings into society that were suffering. We should tell her that as well.

I'm surprised we have never told her the cool things we have done with words.
>>
>>25572761
Well how about now?
If anything she's not going to get all prissy like Azura did.
>>
>>25572776
Sure, do you think we should tell her Wispy is a changeling? She said something deeply personal to us after all.
>>
>>25572761
I also vote for telling her the crazy things we did.
>>
>>25572761
First day here we brokered a lease with a bunch of spiders. How many days in did we defeat and hire a fire demon?
>>
>>25572784
I doubt she'd react...badly, at any rate. I don't think she has anything against changelings. Plus she likes Wispy.Who doesn't?
>>
>>25572812
This as well
>>
>>25572814
I know right, that little one is worth more then gold.
>>
>>25572701
Ignoring my likely insanity, I'd want to be your friend anyway. You're a mare that cares about the ponies that are close to her and will do what needs to be done for them. Plus I have a soft spot for pretty mares.
>>
>>25572812
We've got the whole thing with Sunlight and how Whispy could have been taken away, too.
>>
>>25572829
The armor really brings out her curves
>>
>>25572812
To be fair, we had help.
>>
>>25572846
It'll be a good sign if she laughs at that.
>>
>>25572412
Sundance, stoically retelling tales from her past? We're the luckiest pony in the world! Listen intently, as this may never be heard again.
>>
>>25572958
Sundance is best pone, we should ask her to spend more time with wispy and teach her adventure stuff.
>>
Gotta close down for the night. Will resume tomorrow.
>>
>>25572701
"Hey I've gotten wound up in some odd things since I've been here, but it hasn't been dull, and I treasure all the good creatures I've met here. I can't walk away from all this, the good outweighs the evil to such a degree here that I feel I could never be in a better place.

I'm really sorry that Fate brought some old, bad memories back for you tonight, but I'm glad I could be here for you. In fact it's been a rare honor to hear you speak about your past."
>>
>>25572987
Will be waiting for more feels
>>
>>25572987
OK, goodnight, Innkeeper.
>>
Bed bump.
>>
>>25573677
>Bed
>Finale in an hour
Anon.
>>
bump again. keep capitalism alive!
>>
>>25574745
>=
=
>=
=
>=
=
>=
=
>>
=Communism shall win=
>>
>>25574745
>>
>>25574745
>>
>>25574745
>>
>>25574745
>>
>>25574745
>>
Back to page 9 in an hour
>>
>>25583239
10 now
>>
>>25572701
How did they die?
>>
>>25573721
I'm not sure what this Finale is about but sleep waits for no one
>>
Can't wait to start!!!
>>
>>25574745
>>
>>25574745
Did anyone watch the Finale?
>>
>>25588117
What finale?
>>
>>25588327
Game of Thrones finale. It's finally over.
>>
Will be starting soon. Need to watch finale still.
>>
>>25589259
Will be waiting patiently
>>
>>25589259
Is good up until the end.
>>
What does everyone want to get done today?
>>
>>25590229
Finish sorting out this issue, get laid, ???, profit.
>>
>>25590229
I want to set up a pre-lunch delivery service to the mines.
>>
>>25590264
>>25590245
If this replaces the ???, we have a plan.
>>
>>25590264
How is the food going to get delivered? Send the food to the mines, or get the miners to pick up the food themselves? Don't forget the hoof-written note/drawing of Pot's butt

>>25590314
>Finish sorting out this issue, set up delivery service, get laid, profit.
I like this plan better
>>
>>25590264
Sounds awesome, I think we should get cheap fabric from Stash and ask sugar song to promote it for us.
>>
>>25590404
>>25590406
>>25590314

Here's the original post I made about it.
>So in JAD I recall it being discussed that we could set up the inn for ponies to be able to pick up some food and head to work or some such. I had a thought that expanded upon that. We're largely free from morning till lunch rush. We could set up a delivery service to the miners. Whispy carries some sandwiches and food out there, takes the next day's orders, and heads back in. Because it'd all be made prior to our rushes we get more revenue without adding to the rush.

>If it becomes popular, or we decide we need our little waitress too much, we can buy a small cart and pay one of the miners' sons to make the delivery for pocket change. It could also expand to going out to farms or anywhere with a large enough group that wants it.
>>
There should be a new character, maybe Pot's cousin or something, called Kettle. And they should have a dark coat.
So the Pot can call the Kettle black
I know, its terrible

>>25590438
That seems like a sound idea, we could start taking orders today. Should the menu be limited for take-outs? Don't want the food getting soggy on the way to the mines.
>>
>>25590497
No soggy food unless it's meant to be that way.
>>
>>25590497
We should make 3 ordered meals, one for griffins and 2 others for variety sake.
>>
>>25590497
Anything we can reliably take out there while retaining quality/integrity. Getting soups out there would be difficult without expensive custom containers. Which wouldn't be disposable.
>>
>>25590529
Burgers and sandwiches are our best bet.
>>
>>25590264
Love the idea but we are running on a limited budget for this week.
>>
>>25590529
How about only allowing things like soups if the customer brings their own container?

>>25590602
We could do a trial run with Diamond first. He could promote our food while he's at it.
>I got my lunch from my friend Pot Luck at the Sword and Board! Look, there's even a hoofwritten note in it!
>>
>>25590672
We did buy ink, quill and paper when we first went shopping. I think anyway.
>>
>>25590602
The biggest cost involved there aside from foodstuffs, which is the basis of our business anyway is wax paper or some such. There's not a significant cost.

>>25590672
Then we need to keep track of their containers which just starts getting complicated. It's easier to stick with things that just need to be wrapped up unless we can find out own cheap containers. Keep it simple.
>>
>>25590717
We should start with cheap cloth and when we got the bits get wooden boxes so we can fit more types of items in them like curry and soup.
>>
>>25590672
Shit, I write Diamond like a Skryim character...

>>25590699
I'm quite sure we still have some.

>>25590717
If we meet any of our friends on the way, we could ask them what they would use. Cutie probably deals with takeaway orders often. Quasim also has to keep his reagents fresh too.
>>
>>25590264
Why just the mines? Must be tons of pones in farms, business and the adventure guild who can't get away from their works or would like some service.
>>
>>25590860
Because we know there's a market there, Diamond has mentioned the food sucks. You start in one area then let word spread. Then you expand where demand is. The adventure guild, for example, might like their kitchen. We also don't want to bite off more than we can chew early on, expand too far too fast and we won't have the supplies/workers to keep up.
>>
>>25590860
"This is Pot Luck delivering your extra large sausage pizza."
>>
Done with the finale yet, Innkeeper?
Its been nearly 2 hours
>>
"I'm beginning to think insanity is something of a pre-requisite to make it in a place like this. I mean, for pony's sake, I've been here maybe less than a week and I've dealt with changelings, giant spiders, demon-ponies, and cat burglars. I think any sane pony would've run for the hills by this point. Besides, despite all the craziness, I like to think I'm still coming out ahead in all of this - wouldn't have met Wispy or you or Azura or any of the others..."
>"I thought Wispy was your niece."
"Oh...right, didn't I tell you that she was a changeling I found in the upstairs bedroom?"
>"I think I would've remembered if you had."
"Fair enough. Well, she's a changeling. Just an FYI."
>"A changeling adoptive daughter that wants to grow up to be an adventurer. Now THAT is insanity."
"Sanity's over-rated. One trick pony if you ask me - all you get is clear, rational thought. Now when you're good and crazy, anything's possible."
>The two of you share a quiet chuckle.
"So...how do you keep going? After everything that's happened."
>"There's an old saying my friend from the Imperial Army used to enjoy. 'To every pony upon this earth, death cometh soon or late. And how can one die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.' A warrior is only as good as his death, Pot...I suppose I'm still searching to find something worth dying for."
>That's certainly a grim outlook. But you have neither the energy nor the spirit to try and counter that.
"Well, I hope you find something worth living for instead," you say plainly as you get back up. "I'm going back to bed. If you need anything, you know where to find me."
>You retire back to your room, soon back to a blissful sleep. By the time morning rolls about, you feel a bit more refreshed.

What's on the schedule for the new day?
>>
>>25590994
Eat breakfast, visit Satin Sash for some cloth for our food delivery.
maybe a pair of socks, too?
>>
>>25590994
Lets head to the bakery to see how Swirl is doing.
>>
>>25591043
This, make sure wispy has everything covered.
>>
>>25591043
Get a pair, and send it to Diamond in his lunch. He'll either like it or laugh at it.
>I think you'll look great if you put these on ~Pot
>>
>>25590994
Give ember a hug, because I'm sure she would love it.
>>
>>25591043
So are we going to make him lunch and deliver it straight to him?
>>
>>25591535
Sure, might as well find him first if we want to get started on the whole delivery thing by tomorrow.
Plus, I'm hoping staying in town will give Pot a break from all the adventure for a while
>>
>A lovely new day in Ponyville, it seems. You wake up feeling fresh despite the harrows of the previous day. You stumble into the kitchen to make yourself a little morning snack, discovering Ember already there, staring at the box of dragonheart stones as though it were talking to her.
"What are you doing?" you inquire.
>"Trying to figure out how these magic rocks work," Ember says in a low growl. "That wizard mocks me...harnessing the power of fire while I'm stuck as useless and powerless as you."
"I'm sure this is all your own personal hell," you remark, rolling your eyes.
>"I'll figure this out one day..." she continues to grumble. Some folks will never be happy, it seems.
"Say, what do you think about the idea of a food delivery service?"
>"Depends, would I have to do more work?"
"Probably."
>"Hate it."
"Well I guess we're not doing it, unless...oh wait, I forgot - I'm the boss!"
>You flash a teasing smirk at the demon-pony, though she's just glaring at you with her usual scornful eyes. Lord does she need a sense of humour.
"Seriously though, the idea is pretty simple - we offer pre-made meals in easy-to-carry packages for ponies to take out and eat when they're ready. That way anypony can have a meal from us even if they can't always stay for it."
>"I...suppose that could work," Ember begrudginly admits.
>And you're confident it will. All you need to do is get some ponies to test run the idea for you. You have a pretty good idea of who to test it on first...just got to find him.

You realize you don't actually know where Diamond lives. What shall you do?
>>
File: Bota_de_vino.jpg (316 KB, 1193x795) Image search: [Google]
Bota_de_vino.jpg
316 KB, 1193x795
A leather container, maybe we can ask the cats to see if they can make it because we need something to hold drinks.
>>
>>25591822
5bits on bells house
>>
>>25591868
If he isn't there, she'll know where we can find him.
>>
>>25591822
Mead might know.
>>
>>25591897
>>25591868

Agreed. Say hi and go find him.
>>
>>25591822
Check under our bed first
>>
>>25591999
Someone make this a picture
>>
>>25592130
"Hey their pot, have a bumpy sleep last night?"
>>
>>25591868
>>25591897
>>25591906

>Well there's one pony for certain who'll know where to find Diamond at this hour of the day, so you set off for Honey Belle's place. It feels like it's been a while since you last saw her, though in all honesty it was only a couple of days, but you figure it's as good a time as any to say hello again.
>It's a pleasant and uneventful trot over to the meadery. After a few knocks, you are greeted to the sight of your friend and business associate.
>"Who in the pits of Tartarus is knocking at this god-forsaken hour of the--oh, it's you Pot."
"Heya Belle."
>"What are you doing here? There's not another possessed barrel is there? Or are you looking to help with the gardening again?"

Input response.
>>
>>25592330
"Well if you need help with the hedges"

> Sexy music starts playing
>>
>>25592330
Do you know where diamond lives
>>
>>25592330
"Was looking for Diamond, actually, but I don't know where he lives. I was hoping you could tell me."

>>25592345
>Scene cuts to Pot using GIANT trimmers to prune Belle's hedges.
>>
>>25592330
Ask if she knows a place that sells sealed drink bottles or containers.
>>
>>25592330
So what are we doing anyway? Ask what he wants for lunch and deliver it as a test?
>>
>>25592597
Pretty much. See if the food holds up until lunchtime, what with all the movement that goes on in the mines. Maybe give him a few different foods to see which ones still taste good.
>>
>>25592678
Sounds good
>>
"Maybe another time," you decline.
>Though the chance for more bits might be useful later on, you have a more important mission to attend to right now.
"I need to find Rough Diamond, actually. I was...um, hoping you might know where to find him at this hour."
>"Well if he hasn't gone to the mines already, he'd be at home. He lives in the east quarter - his home isn't hard to find, he has a sign out front advertising his little home business of selling stuff that he digs up in the mines."
"Didn't realize he ran his own business."
>"It's less of a business and more of a way to get mares into his home," Belle replies with a roll of her eyes.
"Good to know..."
>You bid farewell to Belle and head to the east quarter as per her instructions. The east quarter houses a lot of Ponyville's lower and middle class, particularly trade workers, miners, and other laborers. As Belle describes, you soon find a house with a little sign that has a large diamond emblem painted on it, advertising 'rare artifacts from the past.' Definitely an attention grabber for any pony looking for something unique.
>Just as your about to head up and knock, though, the front door swings open and you spot Rough Diamond stepping out, likely on his way to work. He doesn't take more than a few steps before noticing.
>"Hey, well look who it is!" he greets, jubilant as always. "What're you doing all the way out in my neck of the woods? Not looking for little ol' me, are you?"

Input action.
>>
>>25592843
"Little, well that's disappointing"
>>
>>25592862
kek
>>25592843
But I actually had a business proposition.
Explain the deets
>>
>>25592862
Kek. "Just the stallion I was hoping for, I was thinking about starting a lunch delivery business as most people will be busy doing their own work during that time to come to my store. I take it your meals aren't that good in the mines and you also don't have the time to stop your work to come to the inn. So how about helping me as I want to deliver a meal to you at lunch"
>>
>>25592862
>>25592904
>>25592918
Pretty much everything I want to say.
>>
>>25592843
>>25592935
Pretty much handled it.
>>
>>25592918
Ask if the general store sells liquid bottles or whatever
>>
>>25592843
We intend to explore setting up a lunch delivery service to the mines. Do you think a fair amount of miners would want to purchase food from me as opposed to the store there? It'd be a bit more expensive than normal.

>>25592918
Remember that we're hitting up locations, not individuals. At least starting off. Gotta keep from biting off too much too fast.
>>
>>25592918
mention its free and we have limitations with cloth
>>
"Ah, but indeed you are the stallion I'm looking for," you reply with a hearty chuckle and a little wiggle of your eyebrows. "You see, I'm thinking of expanding to include some food delivery to my business model. Think about it - a long morning of toiling away in the bowels of the earth. You're famished, but all you have to eat is whatever you've brought from home, now cold and maybe even a bit stale, or the slop they provide at the suppliers. Now imagine instead a nice, piping hot meal delivered to you, fresh from my kitchen."
>"Hrm...a fresh-cook meal on delivery, eh?" Diamond replies, scratching at his chin. "I can definitely see some of the boys being interested in that. I mean, if the price is fair."
"Well, still working on the finer details, though I'm thinking ponies could potentially sign-up for like...periods of time, getting a lunch a day for a few weeks, offering discount on longer periods."
>"So what do you need me for all of this?"
"Test subject!"
>"Come again?"
"I wanna make you lunch."
>"Well ain't that just sweet of you," Diamond chuckles. "I mean, sure...if you're offering. Guess you want me to see how it'll taste and then act all wowed by it in front of the others."
"You can do the second part if you want to, but I'd rather you be honest."
>"If I can get a lunch outta this, sure. But you gotta do something for me in exchange."
"And that is...?"
>"Well, I kinda wanna impress Belle and surprise her with a nice dinner. Y'know, show her that I ain't just eye candy with an stunning chinline."
"And the problem is?"
>"I can't cook worth beans, Pot. Think you could, like, make a full dinner and such for me to serve at my place?"

Input action.
>>
>>25593325
It depends: can you get us the aphrodisiac powder this time?
>>
>>25593325
> impress Belle and surprise her with a nice dinner
D-does this mean Diamond isn't available anymore?

Warn him first that she'll probably find out if he's planning to pass off Pot's food as his own.
>>
>>25593325
We could try to help him make dinner, but if we did all of the work Belle might get suspicious about whether he made it or not. A good meal from somebody that cares is better than a perfect meal and a lie.
>>
>>25593325
"Come on diamond, I would do that for you without an exchange, make sure you get a nice table cloth and some pretty candles with good wine"
>>
>>25593394
Let love blossom anon, to truely love you must let them go
>>
>>25593413
I doubt what he can do will be nothing less then a death sentence
>>
>>25593325
We should get directions to the mine and ask what drink he would like.
>>
>>25593562
How about we offer to teach him how to cook instead? Nothing too complicated.
>>
>>25593588
I'm not sure if he has enough time. We don't know when this thing is and if he has more then time to drink after he works. Perhaps if he wants to learn after this we can teach him.
>>
>>25593536
>>25593394
Am I the only one who's more upset that Belle is off the table now?

I never liked Diamond sexually anyway...
>>
"Well I hear there's some powders on the market that can help with 'impressing' the mares," you remark in jest.
>"Pfft, please, Pot. The only thing I need to impress ladies is this..." the stallion says before proceeding to flex his hooves, showing off those impressive workpony muscles of his. "This is the only aid I need, ah-heh-heh."
"Seriously, though, it would probably be better if you just...learned how to cook. When you're cooking for somepony you care about, it's the effort that matters more than the end results. She'll appreciate a half-decent meal you made yourself more than she would a perfect one you pass off as your own...especially when she finds out you didn't make. And believe me, they always find out. Always."
>"Hrm...yeah, I suppose that's true. And Belle does really scary when she's angry...though oddly pretty hot at the same time," Diamond replies, pondering his options over.
"I'll help teach you and walk you through making a meal, even provide the ingredients, but you'll need to be honest about it."
>"You will? Ah man, that's great!" the elated stallion throws his hooves around you, crushing you a joyful hug. "You're a stand-up guy, Pot. I'll gladly eat whatever you want to deliver for lunch and say it tastes like heaven!"
"Again, honesty is probably better. Say...you know where I can probably get something to hold drinks in for the deliveries?"
>"What, like a waterskin? The general store has plenty of those. Mine outfitter, too. I think ol' Barley sells them too, but I don't think he'd do bulk sales."

Looks like you've got Diamond on board with your plan. What's next on the agenda?
>>
>>25593620
Bang her sister?
>>
>>25593620
You probably aren't. You're just the only one saying anything about it. For now.

Though Belle could say no. She probably won't, but she could.

Does this mean Innkeeper prefers Pot and Wine?

>>25593536
Slow down, I haven't even gotten through all 5 stages of grief yet.
>>
>>25593649
>>25593655
I like her too, but Wine and Azura are my next choice.
>>
>>25593636
Lets go to the general store or stashes. Whatever closest
>>
>>25593663

Threesome with both Wine and Azura when?
>>
>>25593636
Go get those waterskins, or cloth, whatever's closest.

Have we even met Barley yet?
>>
>>25593663
Wine is probably the only one I really dislike. Everyone else seems like way betters characters.
>>
>>25593717
I feel like we haven't learned much about her, but personally I like her cheekiness. She's like Pot in that way.
>>
>>25593717
>>25593732
Agreed. Wine has her flaws but she's pretty cool.
>>
>>25593673
Azura and Sunny are my 2.
>>
>>25593620
>>25593655

Look on the bright side, both Belle and Diamond still like Pot, so there's a change he'll be invited to a threesome if it all goes well.

>>25593717
There's a character for everyone to like. Bad thing is, Pot could probably only end up with one of them.
>>
>>25593824
But horses are polygamous? Why can't we have ALL of them?
>>
>>25593685

>You bid farewell to Diamond, reminding him that you'll have his lunch brought to him around noon so to be ready outside the mines to get it. He sounds quite eager about the whole prospect when you two part ways.
>You figure the next thing you should attend to is the matter of the waterskins. Ponies like a good drink with their lunch, so some wine or mead in a skin makes for an excellent accompaniment to these lunches. And for to that end, you head to the general store.
>Upon entering the store, you notice Sugar Song and Spectral Prism doing some shopping of their own.
>"Hi Mistah Pot," the young filly behind the counter waves at you. "You lookin' for anything?"
"Well hey there kiddo...just thinking about buying some waterskins," you answer. "Where's the other pony that's usually with you?"
>"Oh, he's around," the filly answers with a playful smirk.
>You then hearing some thumping and a muffled shout coming from behind the counter. You casually peer over and notice that the filly is sitting on the lid of a large box, which rattles with the thumping.
"Ummm..."
>"He said a bad word, so he has to sit in the time-out box," the filly explains, very matter-of-factly. "So you waterskins, huh? They're 3 bits a piece."

Input action.
>>
>>25593636
>>25593672
Then Cry on the inside because Diamond's going after Belle
>>
>>25593935
Maybe we should make a few types of lunches and share them with the minors? Buy like 5.
>>
>>25593935
kinky little filly, isn't she?
Lets buy...10? We won't need many just yet, but we don't want to get so few we'll have to come back so soon.
>>
>>25593960
With thoughts like that Pot should be put in the box.
being bound by a filly is Pot's fetish.don't tell Wispy
>>
>>25593935
So a way to keep the cost low, not have to hang around and keep the waterskins, and not have to bulk order them every day. The meal cost includes the cost of a waterskin. Every meal thereafter has a discount if they return a waterskin to Wispy when receiving it.
>>
>>25593975
>>25593960
Agreed, we just take 3 bits off in return of waterskin.
>>
>>25593853
We can only do that if everyone else wants to. Right now, I can't tell who wants what.

>>25594002
So we'll just buy 10. Maybe we should say a word to Sugar and Prism, talk about some advertising and give him an update on the stones.
>>
>>25594029
Completely forgot they were there. Yes tell them they are good. Also ask Sugar song if our lunches does well she could do some advertisement for them around town.
>>
>>25593935
Lets also get a spare log book for these orders
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.