[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone feel like discussing G1? I checked it out during one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Anyone feel like discussing G1? I checked it out during one of the previous hiatuses and I liked it for the most part. The first two specials were actually rather good quality by '80s cartoons standards, but the movie was a bit of a mess as I'm sure most of you have heard. The TV series that followed could be pretty hit or miss, but was overall pretty good I thought.

Anyway, bored so G1 thread I guess.
>>
>>25740096
Since you mentioned the TV show and its hit/miss quality, I figured I'd put together my guide of sorts (according to my opinion anyway):

Cream of the Crop:
The Return of Tambelon
The Magic Coins
Crunch the Rockdog

Worth Checking Out:
Mish Mash Melee (body swap episode)
Fugitive Flowers (featuring Crabimus Prime)
Baby, It's Cold Outside (featuring Penguin Hitler)
The Quest of the Princess Ponies
Spike's Search (prototype for Dragon Quest that wasn't as shitty)

Proceed With Caution:
The End of Flutter Valley (overly long direct follow-up to the movie)
The Glass Princess

Avoid:
Through the Door
The Ice Cream Wars
The Prince and the Ponies

Anything not specifically mentioned or flagged above is also worth a watch if the aforementioned material manages to not offend your senses, because honestly cartoons of that era aren't for everyone.
>>
IDK, I watched G1 in it's entirety once before and it's pretty amusing if you have some other people watching with you and lots of booze, other than that I don't know if I could sit through it
>>
>>25740228
Probably would have been nice for my lazy ass to provide some links too:

>The Return of Tambelon
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x190779_the-return-of-tambelon-parts-1-4-my-little-pony-n-friends-1986_shortfilms
>The Magic Coins
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x190ilx_the-magic-coins-parts-1-4-my-little-pony-n-friends-1986_shortfilms
>Crunch the Rockdog
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x197sr6_crunch-the-rockdog-parts-1-2-my-little-pony-n-friends-1986_shortfilms

The rest you should be able to find no problem via the recommended videos or whatever off to the side. As for me, I need to get my ass to bed already. Good night fellow nor/mlp/eople.
>>
File: galaxy_by_sugarcup91-d91r60a.png (831 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
galaxy_by_sugarcup91-d91r60a.png
831 KB, 1024x1024
>>25740096
Honestly, I just needed an excuse to post this sexy lady.
>>
>>25740294
her eyes look weird but pretty nice otherwise
>>
>>25740488
Her eyes are supposed to be like that I think.
>>
>>25740488
>>25740769

Indeed.

There's quite a freaky story behind them..
>>
>>25740096
Pretty terrible and the toys were even worse.

The G1 season 1 tv show was made by the same team behind Dungeongs and Dragons(the cartoon, hot the tabletop game) which is equally bad and overly cheesy with bad animation and horrible voice acting.

If you're impressed and butthurt over the creative ideas and what could have been then do not.
Most of these ideas are copy pasted and modified in a shitty unintelligent manner without any taste and souhd logic.

If I was a 6 year old girl I'd ask for the many many better horse toys which actually look like horses.

G1 fans still remain today just as dumb, naive and hypocritical as back in 84 and 86s.
Daring to call the ponies fat and ugly when they're no better. Dumb landwhales.
>>
>>25741275
Buttmad brony detected. You get friendzoned over a disagreement on fucking toy horses or something?
>>
>>25741275
>the toys were even worse
Better than Hasbro's current shitshow t b h family. All the good merch is licensed out to third parties like Funko.
>>
Didn't G1 featured a ponyXhuman scence?
>>
>>25740096

Hi PinkiePony how is it going
>>
>>25741522
>PinkiePony
Pretty sure she was a G3 fangirl, which is more baffling still.
>>
>>25741275
new copypasta?
>>
>>25740096
>hurr totes not a general you guys
>keeps making the thread
>>
>>25741645
Welcome to the hiatus kid.
>>
File: applejack_the_wizard_slayer.jpg (1 MB, 696x4035) Image search: [Google]
applejack_the_wizard_slayer.jpg
1 MB, 696x4035
>>25740488
>>25740769
>>25741223
Said freaky story.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.