[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did S5 make him a better villain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
I feel like out of all the alternate timelines, his had the most story potential.
So has your opinion of him changed at all?

Mine hasn't. I always liked him.
>>
>>25592066
i liked him before, but he was handled VASTLY better in the recent ep

like HOLY SHIT
>>
>>25592066
Sombra's slave army is pretty badass, and we actually got to see him wreck some shit personally
The Sombra timeline is definitely my favorite alt timeline
>>
>>25592066
He was always terrifyingly powerful when you looked past the pisspoor writing.
>Engaged in wide-scale mind-altering magic, to the point it left a mental scar on his subjects centuries later
>Took the combined power of both sisters to defeat, and still made it a pyrrhic victory
>Knocked Shining Armor permanently out of the fight without much trouble
>Outsmarted and overwhelmed Twilight Sparkle - a pony whose talent is literally magic - by use of magic.
>Singlehandedly laid siege to an entire city, including wearing down by sheer persistence an alicorn who ought to be at the peak of her power.

Dude's a fucking beast. If not for the bad writing, he could easily have been the scariest villain FIM saw.
>>
>>25592066
He was always a bit rougher than other villains, since he subjugated an entire empire, but I never expected him to equip them and engage in outright war with Equestria. That definitely upped him from generic villain to ultimate enemy. Even though Twilight repeatedly said that each timeline was worse than the next, the war with Sombra is the worst possible outcome to me (aside from the wasteland one where everything is dead). With NMM even if she's evil there was stability. With the Changelings, I guess that one's pretty bad since she'll kill everyone, but Sombra's was a living hell of constant war.
>>
File: 1032428.gif (1 MB, 283x380) Image search: [Google]
1032428.gif
1 MB, 283x380
>>25592066
True, he was very intimidating in this episode... Although he was also confirmed to be a blank flank
>>
>>25592066
Same. I actually liked Sombra before. He wasn't a BS let-me-tell-you-my-evil-plan-and-life-story villain . He wants something? He going to take it now. No time wasted. Being devoid of a personality kind of made him more symbolic. He still looks like a bad OC, though
>>
>>25593494
You don't need your destiny to tell you to rule the world. You take it to show you're the one in charge.
>>
it was pretty neat seeing civilization completely fall apart when changelings win

Sombra war shit would definitely make a solid intense story but I'd be down for a total mindfuck never-know-who-you-can-trust changeling story
>>
>>25593494
>>25593520
Starlight may have actually prefered a blank flank totalitarian equality in the form of slavery ruler, after all, it's essentially what she tried to set up initially.
>>
>Green of this when?
Green later in the month. Put anon in there next to sombra cause face it, shit looks like Fallout and talking horses can't make Fallout
>>
>>25593566
Dubs confirm
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.