[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Tony was able to cut off Bucky's vibranium arm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: images-49.jpg (15 KB, 595x247) Image search: [Google]
images-49.jpg
15 KB, 595x247
How come Tony was able to cut off Bucky's vibranium arm but not get through cap's shield?
>>
>>14180912
crap soviet vibraniums
>>
>>14180912

If we're just going by the film, there is no explanation.

But in the comics, it's clearly stated that the soviet's purification process of vibranium is much more primitive than the American process, which mean his armor is of a weaker strength than Cap's shield
>>
>>14180912
Multiple reasons:
1. There are only two sources of vibranium on earth. One is in Wakanda, the other is in The Savage Land in Antarctica. Antarctic Vibranium is weaker than Wakandan Vibranium. In the comics, they don't even say what Bucky's arm is made of, so it's probably not even supposed to be Vibranium. If it's vibranium in the movie, it could be Antarctic Vibranium.
2. Cap's shield is not pure vibranium anyway. It's a steel/vibranium alloy that is stronger than pure vibranium and cannot be replicated. The canon explanation is that a scientist was working really late on night and fell asleep after making the shield and couldn't remember what he did to get it to bond like that.
>>
>>14180912
Because Downy Jr. is a bitchy girl and that don't want to make him ever appear weak.
>>
The power of quips.
>>
>>14180979
Except for, y'know, Iron Man 3 where he got his ass kicked all over the place and couldn't get anything right except for building some spy-kids gadgets.

And really, that was pretty pitiful for Tony "IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS" Stark when he had a credit card and hardware stores to pick from.
>>
>>14180979
>>14181015

Everything about Tony is pretty much "I'm weak and vulnerable even though I'm encased in a metal supersuit capable of whatever bullshit my limitless imagination comes up with."

The man is incapable of owing up to his fuckups in a reasonable matter. It's always one extreme after another.
>>
>>14180994
Really didn't like most of Spiderman's lines in this movie. Should have had someone else write them.

Yes, I know he is all about being a smart mouth, it's the QUALITY of his dialogue that I'm complaining about.
>>
File: Peter.png (164 KB, 329x289) Image search: [Google]
Peter.png
164 KB, 329x289
>>14181146
Wait, they fucked up Spider-Man's trashtalking?

Say it ain't so
>>
>>14181164
There were some good ones, and his chemistry with Tony is good in and out of battle.

But his airport scene quips are Whedon level 90% of the time.
>>
>>14181172

he is a teenager, isn't he?
>>
>>14181188
That's... irrelevant. You can make a kid say dumb or silly shit and still not have it be awful.
>>
>>14181203
I think that's the point, he is an incredible nerdy 15 year old kid that rebuild a computer from the 80s by himself, he just got his power, the spent most of the fight trying to sound cool and failing miserably because he still don't have experience and this is the first time he fights super powered humans. I say that he still has a chance to grow (both literally and figuratively) in the following movies.
>>
>>14181217
I agree, and that is the point of his character. Tony is a mentor and protector of him. Has nothing to do with what he says (or again, the quality of it).
>>
>>14181146
I like how people like you always complain about things on 4chan but you never say anything that would actually be better.

Hmmm, I wonder why that is?
>>
>>14181224
Take that dumb logic to gaia or deviantart, shitposter.

I liked the movie, liked Spidey, didn't like his lines. Grow up.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.