[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay this shit is pretty fucking trash. It's nothing more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Seikai.No.Senki.full.199643.jpg (374 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Seikai.No.Senki.full.199643.jpg
374 KB, 1600x1200
Okay this shit is pretty fucking trash. It's nothing more than imperialist Japanese dick waving at its best. Hey, look at us, we're these pretty omnipotent beings that can fuck all your shit up at any given time - just do as we tell you and suk our tiny nip penors, lol.

Why is this shit even in /m/s recommended list? Thanks for wasting my time. Besides the well orchestrated music, this garbage had nothing else going for it.
>>
I haven't seen this since I was like 12 and it was on TechTv. Is it really that bad? I remember liking it back then.
>>
>>14168742
Seriously, why are you trying to make these bait threads constantly and its always the same shit about certain anime being about imperialistic japan wanking, even when in Crest of the Stars they don't hold any punches on showing that the Abh can be called villains and even then they give characterisation for every single character in the novels.

Why not go back to /v/ if you want to make bait threads that will quickly hit bump limit, just make a thread attacking nintendo or sony and you will get all the responses you crave for
>>
>>14168749
At 12 you wont decern much of the subtle BS behind this show. And lets not forget that it's nothing more than the ol incognito princess falls for a pleb love story set in a pseudo political 'drama' shiet.
>>
>>14168763
>the ol incognito princess
What?
>>
>>14168742
They get fucked over by the human alliance in the last book. Emperor dies, capital is captured, empire is fragmented and running away in all directions.
>>
>>14168763
Did you actually fucking watch the show?
>>
>>14168742
I tried watching it recently. I have a different complaint. characters are down right cringy.
>>
>>14169353
Welcome to the vast majority of science fiction, authors who are fantastic worldbuilders often aren't the best at creating believable characters and dialogue
>>
>>14169395
Its worse dialogue than most fiction ive seen.
>>
How come this >japanese imperialism thing in anime didn't matter until just last fucking year?
>>
>>14168742
>t's nothing more than imperialist Japanese dick waving at its best

>it's okay when my own race indulges chauvinism but other races shouldn't

okay
>>
>>14168763
pretty much ever fiction japs made are bunch of pulp pleb shits
>>
>>14169443
To be fair, people whine about "boo hoo American military in Michael Bay movies" all the time. Even though the military was jobbers in Transformers.
>>
>>14168742
>. It's nothing more than imperialist Japanese dick waving at its best.

The space Elfs FEAR the SAMURAI, yes.

It's why they exterminated them.
>>
>>14168742
Humans deserved every bad thing that happened to them.
>>
>>14168776
Are the novels available in english?
>>
>>14169447
Yeah, I always thought it was funny people complain about that despite the fact the military only exists in those movies to explode and make the Decepticons look more intimidating.
>>
>>14169440
Not even memeing here, tumblr is legitimately getting stronger foothold here
>>
>>14169959
What? Have you actually watched any Bayformers films? The US Military kills more Decepticons than the Autobots do (ROTF is the worst offender in this regard).
>>
File: 1310987402608.jpg (67 KB, 389x439) Image search: [Google]
1310987402608.jpg
67 KB, 389x439
Bait thread is bait.
Not even Spoor Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju would stop to laugh of you.

Now let's agree that we need more /m/ anime like these.
The world is well fleshed out, the technology use many finely tuned SF ideas coupled with a superb artstyle. And you get to see an adventure from a side that would have been villain anywhere else.
The large scale battle are also a nice change from many series.

I really liked how it turnthe cliche of an evil warmongering species of "machine" into a peace-keeping force that at worst keep human united (against them).

The only flaw is that you can get quite bored of blue hair elves. They can get funny as hell but the color schemes can get tiring.
>>
I really liked the dialogue in this. Especially between Jinto and Lafiel. Felt natural, unlike any Tomino dialogue.
>>
>>14170051
i'm glad 4 remove them
>>
At this point I'm resigned to never getting anything new in the west. How did the story continue after the series we got?

Also haha yeah at you op, Japanese Imperialism is alive and well, it lives on inside anime.
>>
>>14169443

Welcome to 4chan.
>>
File: 1311615475124.jpg (487 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1311615475124.jpg
487 KB, 1024x768
>> Among the various characters of note :
>>
>> A rear-admiral who is easily bored and essentially goes to war for the lulz nad like to torture and annoy her bridge crew, especially the one guy who has the misfortune of sitting closest to her command chair.
>>
>> A pair of brothers who are the commander and second in command of a fleet and whose family is commonly held to be insane. They are somewhat puzzled by this however. We aren't insane, are we brother ? Now excuse me, I must go take a bath in the middle of this epic space battle.
>>
>> A hard-drinking middle-aged engineer whose homeplanet considers cats a delicacy.
>>
>> An Empress whose response to threats of war is to tell the diplomats to fuck offs and go tell their nations to prepare for rape.
>>
>> A Baron who, being stuck with running a shitty, empty region of space, spend his time in his luxurious space station with his staff of hot sex-slaves
>>
>> The nature of the story mean we don't meet many of the enemy, but the enemy officer in the first series is quite awesome, especially when he completly loses it near the end of the series
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.