[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, how fucked up is this kid going to be after everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: VGundam1.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
VGundam1.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
Realistically, how fucked up is this kid going to be after everything is over and the killing stops for him? Episode 14 alone already fucked him up a crazy degree.
>>
he will be allright
>>
>>14123603
The kid's a newtype, so war or not, he' s already fucked.
But in all seriousness his mother's death is the point were you can see that there's no coming back for him, you can notice this because he doesn't even hesitate when he needs to kill his opponents, like the general that shot Shakti's mom, the nudist squad and tinker bell.
As an adult he probably has flashbacks to all of this and he releases all that pent up stress unto Shakti/Susie in the form of kinky sex
>>
>>14123603
>the killing stops
The killing never stops.

But really I think he'll be fine, we never get to see too much in the epilogue (though part of what we do see is sad anyway) but he seems happy, despite everything that happens in the last few episodes. He might be having PTSD dreams and flashbacks every now and then, but I think him being a powerful Newtype + the Angel Halo's aftereffects might have soothed his mind.

Despite the saddest death in the entire Gundam series for me happening in the very last episode
Odelo pretty much calling Uso something like his little brother, showing how close they had become throughout the series, before dying, and while he's dying what little Newtype powers he has lets him see his parents, who tell them they're proud of him
Then Elischa breaks down and cries when she feels his death
And in the epilogue she talks to his grave and takes the necklace-charm he gave her that she hung over the grave with her, because it'll be winter soon
Fuck man why'd my nigga Odelo have to die ;_:
>>
>>14123603
He's gonna get so much pussy as a war hero.
So long as he can keep riding the pussy train he can just pretend nothing happened and drown his ptsd in alcohol.
>>
>>14123637
>He's gonna get so much pussy as a war hero.

From like one girl, maybe 2 if we count Susie.

But that's ok, he's pure like that.
>>
File: tsJaI8y.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tsJaI8y.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
The only kid fucked here is Shakti.

Repeatedly.
>>
I wish Duker and Renda could survive this war
>>
>>14123794
Passing on his Biker Spirit to the next generation of kids.
>>
>>14123637
>>14123646
One can only imagine if Hasegawa will do anything with him after Crossbone Ghost.
>>
>>14123805
Yes. Mecha needs more bikers
>>
>>14123603
Shakti gets huge bags under her eyes from him waking up screaming every night
>>
>>14124774
Nanai got no bags under her eyes yet Char is talking quite loud in his sleep.
>>
>>14123603
Not at all because he still has a little and tall brown girl to bang.
>>
>>14123603
Nah but I bet he will become a raging alcoholic when he gets older. Not like a fit of rage alcoholic, more like sits in the corner and cries after too many drinks.
>>
Imagine being Usso and feeling all the world's sane NTs leaving the Earth Sphere on Jewdough's run-away deep space colony.
>>
>>14126117

Pretty sure Judau is probably dead by now. He was already an old man in Crossbone
>>
>>14126122
He's 70something in the Victory Side Story
>>
Uso and Puru have me thinking.

Newtype pilots get better the younger they are.
>>
>>14128178
Well, Uso did have all the simulation and survival training from his mom and dad.
>>
>>14128178
Purus are mostly Newtype skills, Uso is mostly incredible technical skills.
>>
>>14128178
Puru was so shit she died multiple times.
>>
Did the League Militaire really have to use someone so young in combat? That really reflects badly on their own abilities.
>>
>>14130316
They were literally reduced to women, children and the elderly since all the men died in combat. It was an issue of manpower.
>>
>>14130316
Well, Uso was one of those circumstantial things. If Marbet wasn't injured at the very beginning, they wouldn't have needed a replacement pilot for the Victory. The only reason Uso kept piloting at the start was because the caravan had literally no able-bodied pilot at that point.
>>
>>14130316
>Did the League Militaire really have to use someone so young in combat? That really reflects badly on their own abilities.

You mean that, and not the fact that they start using environmentally destructive reactor explosions all willy-nilly to try and slow the Motorad's advance?

Or that they suicide bomb something like, once an arc?
>>
>>14130870
Also if Oliver hadn't gone down in an utterly useless suicide, that'd probably have helped, too.
>>
>>14131297
Now that you mention it, those are all pretty shitty. If it wasn't for Uso they would have lost.
>>
>>14123794
they are better off being dead.
>>
>>14130316
>>14131297

It's because the Federation itself took forever to declare war on Zanscare, leaving local groups to fight for themselves.
>>
>>14133622

Even when the Fed did get involved it was still the Reinforce Junior and its old men that shattered the Zanscare Fleet at Angel Halo

Man fuck the Feds
>>
>>14133635
They tried their best.
>>
>>14133635

In fairness the Federation is a withered husk by the point of Victory.
>>
>>14133635
>Besieged by enemy for nearly a 100 years
>pull all resources on defense only to have it destroy days later due some "space revolt"
>barely hanging on and use what left monies they have on economy
>some twat feminazi on SPACE decalre war
>tfw no armies left
>learned space feminazi has a superweapon that could mind wipe everyone
>Use everything they have from a relic battleship 60 years ago and old man for the cause of humanity
>Would rather fight than die even if the odd are against them

tbf the Fed in Victory are one of the best portrayal the Federation got since 0079, a soon to be failed nation barely hanging on with dear life decided to fuck everything for the sake of mankind is kinda epic if you asked me
>>
>>14133635
>>14133622
Hey man they weren't in control of the colonies were based on the moon at that point.
>>
>>14131619
Why?
>>
>>14134020
>Only get off their asses when they are directly threatened.

Sounds like your typical Feddies.
>>
Everyone's so fucking badass in Victory

Except Chronicle
>>
File: oh_gawd.jpg (109 KB, 623x540) Image search: [Google]
oh_gawd.jpg
109 KB, 623x540
Uso thread about Uso being fucked up? He can't even find solace in Gundam Valhalla
>>
>>14134149

Sounds like your typical human frankly. Or most animals really.
>>
>>14134149
It's a little hard to get up off your ass when your're over 70 and your legs are nearly broken.

That's the Federation in Victory. Near-on dead, but still hanging in there.
>>
>>14135813

The Federation were near that point in CCA and that was 60 odd years before Victory. They were so broke they dealt with Char simply to get money to pay welfare and so against the rails that they couldn't act directly since people in the colonies would possibly riot if they attackted Char due to his popularity. They attacked Feds despite them doing very little. And yet the Feds sent out backup to Londo Bell in the finale.
>>
>>14123603
Not even ptsd.
>>
Just watched Victory through for the first time. It really did alternate between areas of heavy plot armor to keep people alive and plot fueled dearths. Like you take Ryu and Matilda's deaths and create a mass production formula for it. Plus it seems like ships are a lot more hardy as you rarely see them get sunk from Mobile Suits as opposed to them going down left and right in the One Year War. (You'd think one clean shot would blow up the White Ark) I can't say I like child protagonists, but Uso handled himself as best as possible for the circumstances, especially with the situation of what happened with his mother and it's why he didn't begrudge his father. Is he going to suffer from PTSD? Maybe, but I think he'll rationalize his actions in that they were for the greater good. Oh, and women are irrational creatures who cause the greatest tragedies for their own amusement.

It amuses me that people bemoan why there isn't a focus on late UC. That's because organizations like the Crossbone Vanguard and Zanscare Empire just aren't as interesting or have the depth of Zeon. Smaller, up against a weaker version of the Federation, implodes soon after they are introduced and never heard from again, etc. Plus, you can criticize the amount of scheming leaders and backstabbing in Zeon, but Tomino did a good job at one upping himself with what happened with Zanscare where everyone was trying betray everyone else and much more prone to team killing.

>>14123633
If there was anyone who deserved to die it was Odelo, he had a tendency to be stupidly reckless multiple times in the series and the time his death flag pops up, he charges in to kill the most likeable Zanscare characters and nothing happens more than the weirdest death montage I've seen. I'd also question Tomino's fortitude if he didn't kill off at least one of the kids.

>>14131323
That really made no sense as to why he did that. Especially leaving Marbet alone and pregnant.
>>
>>14140412
>That's because organizations like the Crossbone Vanguard and Zanscare Empire just aren't as interesting or have the depth of Zeon.

Yeah, two organizations that are the focus of a single movie and a single series doesn't have as much depth as one that's had several full series, tons of OVAs, and many many spinoffs? Shocking. We should just focus on more remnants of Neo Neo Neo Zeon rebellions.
>>
>>14140412
You went this long without watching Victory? Fucking retard.

By the way the bait here is a little heavy-handed, you ought to spread it across more posts if you want more replies
>>
>>14140502

Which is funny, since Zeon don't even have that much depth in 0079. The ground soldiers are more sympathetic there than in many entries, but their cause and faction is pretty unsympathetic. They don't get that until further entries and side material give them more.
>>
>>14140540
Nah shut up though
>>
>>14140532
Problem? It's not bait if it's true.

>>14140502
>>14140540
But they decided to go back to the One Year War as opposed to further ahead. It's like you think they're focusing on something just because they can.
>The ground soldiers are more sympathetic there than in many entries
That's why Zeon ended up being much more appealing and you saw more of that angle in the later series. The way sympathetic Zanscare soldiers were shown off were extremely hamfisted ways Especially at the end where the couple ended up killing each other. Meanwhile they ended making more than a few characters batshit insane as a hard foil to thinking 'It's just good people caught in a bad situation.' Which clearly doesn't help.
>>
>>14140665
Forgot the name.
>>
>>14140665
But it's not true so it's bait.
Checkmate Zeeks.
>>
>>14140692
You must be new, Black_Knight is always serious in his posts.

He is the type of fucking retard who thinks "A New Translation" is canon.
>>
>>14140715
Seriously baiting, more like. Let's get back to the topic at hand.
>>
>>14140692
>>14140715
>Trying to use me as an excuse to derail threads and shitpost.
Classy.

>>14140730
Now this was a silly scene. Along with how many times Uso was able to just waltz into the Zanscare's colony throughout the series.
>>
>>14140740
All I am saying is that any opinions you have should be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>14134116
Dreaming to build a nice cabin in woods when you are killing countless innocent citizens by crushing them under your wheeled ship in the name of some space holy mother for not recognizing her motherly love(how fucked up it is),one should give them tast of thier own medicine
>>
>>14140502
>Yeah, two organizations that are the focus of a single movie and a single series doesn't have as much depth as one that's had several full series, tons of OVAs, and many many spinoffs? Shocking

This.
Late-UC never got the amount of attention like early UC did.Just look at how Unicorn is being Re-aired with Origin and Thunderbolt being recent new OVAs.
The Late-UC is actually interesting because new stuff that can be shown post-CCA. Or another look into Char's character,like Gaia Gear( god bless Affranchi who is adding sub-titles to the audio drama.Too bad we might not see those cool designs animated).
Too bad like Ring of Gundam we will get tease of how far future of UC would look like.The vague hints given in Turn A and G-Reco just makes me more mad.

But you know what, executives will encourage or allow only those stuff that sells,as Mom told me during my childhood and my extreme weebao otaku days that I am wasting my time watching these cartoon day and night and meanwhile those who created it have already earned filled their pocket and moved on to sell something else.
>>
File: 1461153130440.jpg (49 KB, 691x688) Image search: [Google]
1461153130440.jpg
49 KB, 691x688
>>14141400
>14141400
Witnessed
>>
>>14141400

Nice

Also I agree mostyl. The reason Late UC isn't as fleshed out as early UC is purely because they never went back to late UC at any point
>>
I'm going to guess the V2 never sold that great and that's why they never did more stories in the Victory timeline.
>>
>>14141400
DUBS
>>
File: GundamBuildSadness.jpg (132 KB, 1279x717) Image search: [Google]
GundamBuildSadness.jpg
132 KB, 1279x717
>>14135729
>Gundam Valhalla

Man that shit is rough, some times.
>>
>>14141400
>Ring of Gundam
Still not a fucking clue of what it was about. Something something BEAUTY MEMORY something AMURO something something.
>>
>>14141723
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.