[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck happened with the last episode of Layzner? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
what the fuck happened with the last episode of Layzner? They had so much fucking filler, half the series was turned into a third of the retelling in the OVA; why did they feel that vital plot elements could be ignored in favor of another recap of the first episodes? It had three or four recap episodes, why would you do that? leave the screen black, say that the lights are out and make only the VA act, or something, don't just jump every single thing in your plot! Nothing was resolved and the resolution had no correlation with anything in the series.

Yes, I know now that the OVA are the inteded version. But I can't even imagine the rage I would feel if I had been following this week to week. Worse than Kare Kano, worse than Ninja Robots, possible the worst resolution in anime.
>>
>>13481475
Budget and time.

No one gets mad about EVA 25 and 26 anymore, because we know EoE exists. Stop sperging.
>>
>>13481484
Eva had an ending, it tied plot points and followed an internal logic. EoE is unnecesarry even if it's goo it exists.
And you can't say it's budget, in the OVA half the problems are fixed in 2 minutes of mostly still frames. Instead of at least saying what's going on they decide to have a huge fight that no one asked for with no stakes (and they don't even show the end of the fight they added for no reasson).
From the second to last to the last episode suddenly
-Broken robots are fixed
-Characters are dead
-The setting has changed
-There is a mass produced army
-Macguffins that were never presented are activated and close the show even if they were unrelated to everything.
It's not that they couldn't show a few things, it had two dozen episodes unrelated to the plot. Moderate budget episodes with fights and effects. It would had been extremely easy to just focus a bit more on the plot.
>>
File: 1407765667696.jpg (41 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1407765667696.jpg
41 KB, 368x368
>>13481475
>pic
>that mech design
I like it! Does it transform?
>>
>>13481582
nope, but it spins like crazy whenever it wants to do a turn. the lasers looks cool, like electricity discharges. just watch the ova and not the show.
>>
File: layzner_mk2_unbox1.jpg (440 KB, 1280x1089) Image search: [Google]
layzner_mk2_unbox1.jpg
440 KB, 1280x1089
>>13481582
It was going to have a transforming version (probably the only mech of the era with an actually decent looking plane mode) but they ran out of everything so it just shows up in SRW.
>>
>>13481600
how do you run out of budget to transform your robot when youy already payed for the design and the toys? I know the transformation sequence will be judged by people, but if it looks that good transformed then it will get a pass.
>>
>>13481514
They wanted a bunch more episodes but due to a problem with one of the show's sponsors (Sanyo made heaters that killed some people with carbon monoxide or something, IIRC), the show was cut short and they had to end it immediately, which explains the nonsensical last episode. The last OVA gives a more proper conclusion.
>>
>>13481618
Budget ran out before the show could get to Mark 2 Layzner.
>>
>>13481629
Woah, killing robots sponsoring anime about killing robots sounds like a right way to live.

It's still weird to me. Did they already abnimate the last episode so they used what they had? Couldn't they write a new episode? Animators were pushed to skip what they were doing and finish that thing ASAP, because they miust had been working on the corresponding episode before the small Sanyo murder incident, they could had overworked the writers in the same way and made a new ending like Anno does.
>>
>>13481654
It starts jumping badly from 2-3 episodes from the end, so it seems more of a last dash to just get something planned down to finish that arc, there being rumoured of a Grados arc they wanted to do. The recap would have been made before everything went to hell.
>>
So, is there a cutoff point where one could switch over to the OVAs, or should one just finish the show first?
>>
>>13482085
not a clean one, just watch the show then watch the last OVA.
>>
>>13482085
Yes
Instead of watching the very last episode, watch the 3rd OVA
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.