[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heavy Object
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
So I've been marathoning through this show and I love it. It's essentially 'Stupid Cheesy Buddy Cop Action Movie (BUT WITH MECHA!)': the Series. Don't think I've ever seen it discussed here on /m/, though. Do people here hate it or something?

Also Baby Magnum is Best Girl.
>>
>>14061656
>(BUT WITH MECHA!)': the Series.

They are giant Tanks like Bolo and Ogre(Steve Jackson''s game)

> Don't think I've ever seen it discussed here on /m/, though.

It has been in past. Not much because it's ok show and pretty straight forward.Otherwise nothing else to talk about apart from ranting for no Index season3 ,which is obviously not /m/.

> Do people here hate it or something?

Just indifferent.See previous answer.
>>
The mecha aren't particularly attractive to most people, I guess. I don't mind them.
>>
I liked the series but felt the conversations were always very...mechanical. Unnatural? Not sure how to best describe but even when I chuckled at some of the stuff it still struck me as odd.
>>
>>14061656

>that weird tit bondage detour in the first episode

That aside, I watched the first arc and thought it was perfectly fine, but the lack of humanoid mechs and the heroes being on foot instead of in their own mechs probably lost /m/'s interest.
>>
>>14061725
>humanoid mech

There was one in diamond mine arc.
>>
the Pedo-Flute-Orgasm scene was a bit off, had to stop watching the show with my mom after that.
>>
>>14061725
>>14061709

Part of my issue was them trying to sell the Princess as Important when she's almost a non-character. She doesn't get the screentime/character development to really stand as a centerpoint for the main character.
>>
>>14061690
Me neither. They reminded me of the Technodrome from the 80's Ninja Turtles cartoon. Besides, we have tons of shows with humanoid mecha already, some variety is nice every once in a while.

>>14061725
>that weird tit bondage detour in the first episode

Yeah, that was pretty stupid. Bait to hook the pervert otaku, I guess.

>the heroes being on foot instead of in their own mechs probably lost /m/'s interest

That's part of the charm. though.It's basically an extension of that 08th MS Team episode where Shiro brings down Zakus with anti-tank weapons. Although I have to say that some of the tricks that Qwenthur pulls can get a little too contrived.

>>14061732
Power armored soldiers were also mentioned and shown in the background during the Alaska arc. Kinda wish we got to see some of them in action.
>>
>>14061866
I agree, she's basically just there for fanservice or when they absolutely need an Object to finish off the villain of the day/arc. It also doesn't help that I think that she's kind of a shitty pilot.
>>
>>14061898

Yeah but the commander is ALSO gigantic fanservice but she's honestly a really enjoyable character because she's got a lot of personality behind it (That and because she's so remarkably self aware of how she's fanservice it pushes it far enough that it goes into funny.)

The Princess? She's clingy as fuck and...that's really it as best as I can tell.
>>
>>14061689
Rush in last episode pretty much is.
>>
>>14061656
I had the same impression and rather enjoyed the show.

There was this consistency of awesome where on one hand you knew they'd win in the end but on the other you were always wondering how'd they win and they always clued you in beforehand. So even if you didn't buy in to the plot it'self each arc turned into a mystery to solve.

Above all, I enjoyed those characters. Sure, Mili was a bit bland but the interplay between Qwenther, Havia, and Froyletia swung between good and great.
>>
>>14061656
The mechs are ugly but the grills are top-tier. So I guess /a/ and nips have shit taste.

Reading the lastest LN, and it made me cringe though. It's literally WAR ON DRUGS with mechs,but with Romeo & Juliet thrown in.

>https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=HEAVY_OBJECT:Volume11_Chapter_3
>>
File: Yes, Cute.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yes, Cute.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>14062306
Havia and Qwenthur's banter made the show for me. Not often we see these kinds of bros in anime these days.

>>14063395
>grills are top-tier.
Best grill for me was the qt operator girl. For those who read the LNs, does she show up again later?
>>
>>14063449
I haven't read all the LNs, so I'm not sure. But the author intended the volumes to be kind of "episodic", as in any reader could jump into any volume and understand the story without reading previous volumes. There're not many recurring characters other than MC and his usual suspects.
>>
>>14061709
>kamachi.exe
>>
>>14063854
Aw, I was hoping the fact that she was the only one of Havia's squad to survive meant that she'd be a recurring character. We could use more qt operator girls.

As an aside, I gotta say I love some of the ridiculous character names in this series. I doubt even Tomino fueled on the finest mind altering substances would come up with such gems as Sladder Honeysuckle and Prizewell City Slicker. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it reminded me of some of the over the top names that characters in 80's action shows and movies would have.

And I'll never get over the hilarity of a guy with a name as Amerikkan as Prizewell City Slicker being some kind of French-language fascist.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.