[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What possessed Tomino to make Hathaway "Katz" Noa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Katz 2.0.jpg (25 KB, 304x549) Image search: [Google]
Katz 2.0.jpg
25 KB, 304x549
What possessed Tomino to make Hathaway "Katz" Noa
>>
>>13991313

Well he saw Hathaway and his sister as little kids in the past, and you know how he loves the theme of war corrupting young adults, especially if we've seen said young adults as really young kids before.

The point to his character makes a bit more sense if they ever have the guts to animate Hathaway's Flash, although a part of me also hates doing that to Bright.
>>
>>13991325
I consider Bright to be the protagonist of early U.C due to his many appearances but yeah I don't want anything bad happening to him
>>
>>13991325

You don't need Hathaway's Flash. The point of Hathaway is to be another Amuro - one who went the wrong way. He's the Amuro to Quess' Lalah and Gyunei's Char. Quess and Gyunei both die though, rather than just Quess/Lalah.

He also doesn't have the chance and support that Amuro had and instead of becoming a great pilot/war hero, he becomes a villain for killing Chan in revenge of Quess and a mediocre pilot who never got the time or chance to become more.

Amuro and the rest of the Nahel Argama were his evil adults because they had their own problems and lives, passing their issues to Hathaway, just like happened to Amuro in 0079.
>>
>>13991351

Which really comes to a full circle of fruition in Hathaway's Flash.

Like, I love Bright but I really want to see that get animated.

Hell, it gives Bright closure as a character...even if a horrific one.
>>
File: 1455295569057.png (321 KB, 652x712) Image search: [Google]
1455295569057.png
321 KB, 652x712
>yfw bright kill his own son

why tomino ;_; ?
>>
File: heero.png (396 KB, 1924x1608) Image search: [Google]
heero.png
396 KB, 1924x1608
>>13991370
>mfw based Bright kills that little shit
>>
Bright and Mirai didn't end up so bad in the end, all things considered.

Hathaway made his own choices. No parent can ever be 100% sure if they'll be the right ones
>>
>>13991360

You don't need it though, and frankly, what I've heard of it is shit. Quess's ghost mock Hathaway? She calls him up to go up on a date at one point, and dies to save him. That shit doesn't add up.

Hathaway never getting to pilot again and his future being a truncated Amuro (but one who lives) is a more satisfying end than him being killed by Bright's order cause he idolized Amuro and had to pilot again.
>>
At least Bright didn't go the way of Hayato
>>
>>13991379
All I know is that after that Bright retired
>>
>>13991383
Yeah but BIG gundam
>>
>>13991313
To anger autist by letting him kill Chan "Best Girl" Agi
>>
>>13991383
Flash is a sequel to Beltorchika's Children, where Hataway kills Quess without knowing it
>>
>>13994336

How's he kill her to piss her off out of interest?
>>
>>13991313

He wanted to point out that the next generation is as fucked as the old one. No-one learns anything, the cycle just continues.
>>
>>13991383

See, the draw of Hathaway's Flash is that the world has changed, and not for the better. It's the opposite to Unicorn in every sense of the word.

Hathaway's Flash is a world where the standard Gundam narrative (Complete with boy hijacking super-powerful prototype) becomes impossible, and the cold weight of reality sinks in.

But that might not be bad, because life goes on.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492 KB, 602x566) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492 KB, 602x566
>>13991313
A space rat that wasn't a vermin?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.