[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
What went right?
>>
All of it except that episode with the two evil bitches who wanted to kill Takuto
>>
>>13965427
Nothing. It was shit.
>>
>>13965427

Most of it, really. Everything looked great, the music was good, and they got me surprisingly interested and invested in certain members of the crux. The lesbians were badly handled, no shocker there.

I thought the fact that the only backstory or lore that we get on the cybodies is so storybook and steeped in its own mythology was pretty cool. They is shit that has been buried for centuries or even millenia, most of the details are just long since forgotten.

They messed up with Takuto, though. He isn't a bad character, but the story is written in such a way that he isn't allowed to be anything but flawless in battle. If he took any damage at all in a fight, its game over with no hope of recovery. They wrote themselves into a corner, and as such the only fight that feels like it has any weight at all is the last episode where he really is getting beaten to hell.

That is a pit they very easily could have avoided, but they didn't, and the show suffered for it.
>>
Literally nothing.
>>
I watched it for the camp and flamboyance. The show did nothing else well at all. Far too much repetition with very little point to it. The show is a poor man's Utena, which is already a poor man's NGE
>>
>>13965459

Wonderful, my favorite /lit/cuck is here. Nice to see you.
>>
>>13965620

Sorry /m/an. I don't go to /lit/.

/tg/ until -10 hp.
>>
DO NOT IMITATE RAPISTS.

but seriously it was pretty good. If I had to complain, it's that the drama club president and the Vice President's conversations never were elaborated on - like, seriously, they're fucking aliens, this is kind of a thing to focus on show! - and that the ending is too rushed, the other members of Glittering Crux get like two seconds of helping before they're all smacked back out of the fight and the place where it ends is too open-ended. Would like to see something that happens later in the timeline.

...Also, the fact that no fight had tension was a plus for me, if only because I figured out halfway through that Takuto knew every single one of the weapons on Tauburn and was just holding them in reserve. I do not doubt that if there was more material, he'd be spewing even more bullshit weaponry out, because that's how Tauburn rolls.
>>
Polygamy end.

>>13965680
>I figured out halfway through that Takuto knew every single one of the weapons on Tauburn and was just holding them in reserve

I thought he could only unlock them with each seal being broken.
>>
>>13965427
It lost all of its momentum halfway after Mizuno left and we were given the lesbians arc. Getting through that was a slog.

That last episode nearly redeemed it though.
>>
>>13965427
Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>13965680
>Would like to see something that happens later in the timeline.

That's what the opening and credits scenes of the movie are.

You know those four Cybodies that were essentially just recolors of themselves? Well they are spawning and running rampant on their own for whatever reason (this likely wasn't the first time, by the way) and it's up to Takuto to stop 'em. Wako and Sugata have also formed a sentai team with Takuto, apparently. And Samekh? It's a small little sprite thing now. Or something like that. Afterwords, they meet up with Fishgirl (read: Bestgirl) and grin at each other.

I didn't like the show at all, but the movie was an inexcusable shit on the faces of those who liked it.
>>
>>13969615
They aren't doing that on their own actually, if you watch cloesely you can see Takuto taking out the orb the pilot stays on from each of the Cybodies and there are people inside, my guess is that since the zero time was destroyed the cybodies can materialize outside
>>
>>13969686
Oh, neat.
>>
>>13969725
I wonder if this was a sequel bait that never materialized and I wonder if I really should want a Bones sequel
>>
>>13969767
If so, there is not a doubt in my mind that they were planning on a Samekh and Tauburn team up at some point.
>>
first 1/3 - pretty ginga
second 2/3 - mad ginga
third 3/3 - fuck you lesbian harlots
>>
>>13969904

i don't know why i typed those x/3's like that.
>>
Having every single fight be exactly the fucking same for the first half of the show was a really bad idea. It's like they were trying to write a guide on how to make people drop a show.
>>
>>13970984
I think they were trying way too hard to replicate the wrong parts of the episodic monster of the week mecha formula as it is commonly perceived.
>>
>>13965427
Monochrome
>>
>>13970999
Again, it's just the creator trying to do Utena again, except failing at it because there's no connection between Takuto and his antagonist of the week

For reference, all but one or two fights in Utena, a 39 episode series, were dumb cross counter stock footage
>>
>>13971068
Best song but not best girl.
>>
>>13965427
it didnt suck
>>
File: StarDriver.jpg (332 KB, 1242x1200) Image search: [Google]
StarDriver.jpg
332 KB, 1242x1200
WAKO'S WAKOS
>>
>>13976599
>that artwork

You know what went wrong? The movie, for setting up this great premise and then doing nothing with it.

Come on, at least give us a sequel OVA or something! Cybodies work in the real world, that has to fill at least an hour of footage easily!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.